Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

https://cdn.discorda...echallenge2.map

here's the latest version I could find. Position 3-5 are for the China opponent. Pick anything that is no China for yourself and your ally.

Happy getting rekt :D

Edited by Handepsilon, 06 October 2017 - 10:21 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#202 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

here's the latest version I could find. Position 3-5 are for the China opponent. Pick anything that is no China for yourself and your ally.

Yiiii

(Meawhile ive finished reinfocments. Only things left is to assign teams and made iron curtain posts. Also, crutial question - is signal inhibitors go for role? I mean, its easy to destroy this post with superweapons. Inhib will prevent that. Or just signal jammer effect at pos created by some "jammer" non foehn unit.)

#203 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Dam, challenging indeed. :D
(EXPLOSIONS. EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE)

Also, dont mind if i borrow nuke shells? :3

Edited by John Carver, 06 October 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#204 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Someone will tell me about team assigment in order to make "spawned reinfocment" units separate from AI, and make that side ally to others? or i can just straight make them in one team and hide durable structure as placeholder, so destruction of 3 AI bases will not be only step. Then make triggers to destroy all team stuff (as not many want to clear ALL defences). But that way is not reliable, since destroying that much objects will actually chash the game, as i tested.

The only thing will be left, is iron curtain at building. I wait for respond.

Edited by John Carver, 06 October 2017 - 01:20 PM.

#205 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

Sure, if you can figure out which is which :D

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#206 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Sure, if you can figure out which is which :D

Eventually. Ill just assign all to B team, while players - A

You can concider that challenge almost done, ill share it to you after i finish

#207 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Btw, I can't understand your last request. Can you word it a little bit clearer?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#208 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Btw, I can't understand your last request. Can you word it a little bit clearer?

Basically, its like in final of Combustion co-op, when, after time expires, building is covered in iron cutrain to prevent damage to it, so you can stop defending it. What i want to do - each shaft will be covered in permanent iron curtain, making it indestructible. And only way to disable the iron curtain effect - destroy specific building with trigger attached to it, or just destroy number of buildings. Example - destroy command 1 to "reveal" shaft 1. Or infiltrate command to do so.

And i dont understand something about triggers. EVENT section will trigger the ACTION when all completed? Or when one of theese was done?

Edited by John Carver, 06 October 2017 - 01:45 PM.

#209 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is just a repeatable trigger with [109- Iron Curtain At ] , that gets disabled after destroying the required building. The problem is that it will constantly play the animation and a loud sound. Another idea is  making something based on the Iron Guard, but I haven't tried it,so I'm not 100% sure it will work, just some food for thought.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

https://drive.google...BIYEYXz7u8KCAMr

My maps:

#210 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

Basically, its like in final of Combustion co-op, when, after time expires, building is covered in iron cutrain to prevent damage to it, so you can stop defending it. What i want to do - each shaft will be covered in permanent iron curtain, making it indestructible. And only way to disable the iron curtain effect - destroy specific building with trigger attached to it, or just destroy number of buildings. Example - destroy command 1 to "reveal" shaft 1. Or infiltrate command to do so.

And i dont understand something about triggers. EVENT section will trigger the ACTION when all completed? Or when one of theese was done?

ALL of the conditions must be met for the trigger to activate.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#211 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:52 PM

Good!  Now im able to finish the stuff.

#212 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

Attached File  overload.zip   157.6KB   298 downloads

Overload Challenge (Last Update:31.03.2018)

The Russians has managed to capture one of Allied major power supplies in Europe and now using it to greatly boost the capabilities of their Tesla weaponry.
They also deployed a few helicopters equipped with experimental long range Tesla coils.

4r6pdy.jpg

Pics:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 31 March 2018 - 02:44 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#213 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

wonderful challenge you made, me and Handepsilon gave it a try and we won... but there is a loooooooooong story behind that bitter win.

I picked Last Bastion while being on the right side, Handepsilon was on the left with USA and I started camping and spamming raccoon to brace for nuclear impact, used a Superweapon to kill the Eiffel Tower (which was not that hard to kill, 1 of our superweapons was sufficient even though we used both on it) then I made my push and suddenly there is a kirov destroying my base out of nowhere, once I ran out of power the rest of the soviets paradropped tanks and terrors in my base so I couldn't do anything about it.

I still had my pushing force which was able to finish off the Russian AIs except the left base, meanwhile my MCV ran to handepsilon's base and I started rebuilding my base but the AI had other plans where he just bum-rushed my MCV with Apocalypse tanks rendering me with nothing but a signal inhibitor keeping me in the game and this this small task force : 

taskforce.jpg

it took us exactly (1 hour 19 minutes and 23 seconds) to complete.

as for the challenge itself it is very good but the money is a huge issue on it even with the gems around because tesla weaponry is too good that you can't hold on without base defenses. other than that I don't think I have anything to complain about.

however how did you manage to keep a stable FPS rate even with the rain effect ? we had over 30 fps the entire time even with 3 AIs 5 armies and rain affects which is nearly impossible to do  :blink: 

Edited by StolenTech, 06 October 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#214 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

wonderful challenge you made, me and Handepsilon gave it a try and we won... but there is a loooooooooong story behind that bitter win.

I picked Last Bastion while being on the right side, Handepsilon was on the left with USA and I started camping and spamming raccoon to brace for nuclear impact, used a Superweapon to kill the Eiffel Tower (which was not that hard to kill, 1 of our superweapons was sufficient even though we used both on it) then I made my push and suddenly there is a kirov destroying my base out of nowhere, once I ran out of power the rest of the soviets paradropped tanks and terrors in my base so I couldn't do anything about it.

I still had my pushing force which was able to finish off the Russian AIs except the left base, meanwhile my MCV ran to handepsilon's base and I started rebuilding my base but the AI had other plans where he just bum-rushed my MCV with Apocalypse tanks rendering me with nothing but a signal inhibitor keeping me in the game and this this small task force : 

taskforce.jpg

it took us exactly (1 hour 19 minutes and 23 seconds) to complete.

as for the challenge itself it is very good but the money is a huge issue on it even with the gems around because tesla weaponry is too good that you can't hold on without base defenses. other than that I don't think I have anything to complain about.

however how did you manage to keep a stable FPS rate even with the rain effect ? we had over 30 fps the entire time even with 3 AIs 5 armies and rain affects which is nearly impossible to do  :blink: 

Hmmm... maybe less buildings and more thinked routes, wich preventing units cludding in one are

Im not that professional, thru :p

#215 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

Meanwhile, i think tomorrow my Mechanized challenge will be done too. Theres still need to assign the teams, and the rest on the scripts. Also... a pro-tip for future map makers - DO NOT set waypoint inside building or Iron curtain effect in building. This will crash your game every time you try to launch map.

Edited by John Carver, 06 October 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#216 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for your feedback.Well, the map isn't huge and I placed the rain animations as far from each other as it's possible. I kinda suspected that money might be an issue, i'll try to do something about it. Also Eiffel Tower dying from 1 SW? I'll have to recheck that.

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 06 October 2017 - 07:19 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#217 John Carver

John Carver
  • Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for your feedback.Well, the map isn't huge and I placed the rain animations as far from each other as it's possible. I kinda suspected that money might be an issue, i'll try to do something about it.

How about putting tech deposit banks, and additional 2 oil derrecks?

#218 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

Maybe, and adding a bit of gems wouldn't hurt either.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

#219 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

I like the Idea of spreading the gems to make players work for them, but that doesn't work with your challenge's idea.

#220 Terminal Velocity

Terminal Velocity

title available

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

I'll most likely add something to make defending easier.

EDIT:Uploaded the updated version.

Changes:

Spoiler

Edited by Terminal Velocity, 06 October 2017 - 11:29 PM.

MO2.0 Ares Port (Beta):

My maps:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users