• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#41 Magma1Lord

Magma1Lord
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  •  MagmaLord King of the Archers

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

So this turn into a...."You sucks, you don't play xxx amount of matches so shut the fuck up and deal with it." then?

OK, fuck it. So I can't complain because the changelog is only for MP and MP is in the end decide everything. Great.

Last thing, though. That Kirov buff really did screw up singleplayer. Juggernaut gonna be a bitch to play.

X1Destroy.... you gave me an amazing laugh thanks, mate.

#42 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

My elitism senses are tingling.

#43 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

All I see is you people laughing like idiots and posting useless provocations over a matter that doesn't have anything funny about it.

I'm not gonna bother with unproductive things like this and just use the ignore function.

Do not reply to this post.

Edited by X1Destroy, 09 May 2017 - 08:35 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#44 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

thanks

#45 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

I disagree with mcvs unpack being disabled in fortress game type

I like to be by my self on any type of map to build a huge army base and an mcv being able to unpack helps

#46 Lud0wig

Lud0wig
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

I disagree with mcvs unpack being disabled in fortress game type

I like to be by my self on any type of map to build a huge army base and an mcv being able to unpack helps

Build more MCVs

#47 Gameman112358

Gameman112358
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

PvPers are elitist condescending pricks confirmed. Mobilizing response... *Pulls out dual AP chain guns*

On topic, changelog looks okay for the most part. I'm more interesting in seeing the new missions in the next patch, I'll look at the unit changes some other time.

#48 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

What he said. Then again, point to one community where the PVP-ers are not elitists. That's why I avoid versus games like the plague. (And yet, it was EA's focus on making C&C a potential e-sport what pretty much lead to the death of the franchise, even though it was mainly a singleplayer series always.) [/offtopic]

To be honest, I was kinda hoping for more naval units. :p

I wonder how the changes affect the campaign though. The Kirov change definitely will make Juggernaut a lot more difficult. I feel a little rusty in MO, haven't played in months, so I wonder if I should replay a few missions first before the new ones arrive.

Edited by Solais, 09 May 2017 - 09:59 PM.

#49 Destroyencio

Destroyencio

Black Snow

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for RA2 mods.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:11 PM

It won't be that hard if you remeber the Flak buff against heavy air units. I would even say it will be the same.

#50 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Hmm true, though my tactic for Juggernaut was massing Wolfhounds. Any other units or buildings just couldn't survive for long.

#51 Gameman112358

Gameman112358
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:59 PM

What he said. Then again, point to one community where the PVP-ers are not elitists. That's why I avoid versus games like the plague. (And yet, it was EA's focus on making C&C a potential e-sport what pretty much lead to the death of the franchise, even though it was mainly a singleplayer series always.) [/offtopic]

To be honest, I was kinda hoping for more naval units. :p

I wonder how the changes affect the campaign though. The Kirov change definitely will make Juggernaut a lot more difficult. I feel a little rusty in MO, haven't played in months, so I wonder if I should replay a few missions first before the new ones arrive.

START OFFTOPIC PART

Well, after seeing what happened to X1Destroy earlier in this thread, as well as the condescending treatment I occasionally get from PvPers regarding my suggestions (despite giving numerous disclaimers from me that they're just suggestions, I'm not expecting my ideas to make it in, etc.), I can't really say PvPers are nice people.

Not saying all PvPers are douchenozzles, but I've got little reason to believe that they're the nicest of the bunch from what I've seen. You could argue PvPers are just tired of seeing people making ridiculous suggestions and saying stupid sh*t, but at the same time, I've noticed that I sometimes get treated as if I'm making ridiculous suggestions and being a dumb sh*t, even though I've done nothing of the sort. (I've seen WAY worse on this forum; I was there when Kivz Terz was still posting and wasn't banned. What he posted... THAT'S what I call being a dumb sh*t).

I'm not terribly surprised when I see PvPers being elitists, but at the same time, being on the receiving end of PvPers condescending bullsh*t isn't exactly what I call fun.

Inb4 "You're a PvE player, so you don't matter"

Inb4 "You're stupid and don't know what you're talking about"

Inb4 "Your suggestions are stupid"

Inb4 "You're an elitist" (even though I'm not  :glare: )

Inb4 "It's the internet, you need thicker skin" (I'm not dealing with anyone else's bullsh*t in RL, I shouldn't have to on the internet either. :glare: )

Probably need more Inb4s for other things, but I think I covered most of it.

STOP OFFTOPIC PART

Not sure how bad Kirovs getting a health boost is; it might just take a little more time to take down all of the Kirovs in Juggernaut (Wolfhound spam FTW), but you can probably still do it. Maybe Speeder will reduce the number of Kirovs coming on that mission? IDK, it's up to him and the MO dev team in that regard.

#52 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:03 AM

I'm posting this also here because it seems to be a controversial topic

Stolentech nerf is needed; we have in this game some nasty tools for infiltration like Wallbuster / rhino drop + IC halftracks. Driller + shadow ring + libra/libra clones. Minermites + Jackals. Stallion + USA para drop. Right now you can have stolentech easily yet people believe they are good because they can coordinate 2 things

Some Stolentech are pretty much gg, I'm 100% agree with this change, hope it stays

Edited by TeslaCruiser, 10 May 2017 - 01:28 AM.

#53 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:10 AM

Oh shit, are we about to go to war? PVE vs PVP? In that case, let me just borrow an Iron curtain and Force Shield to hide from the incoming storm. (Going to use PP as PvP and PE as PvE) 

Jokes aside, the main reason PP players seem very angry and condescending against PE suggestions is the environment they (and me) play around in. If you ever join one of Tesla Cruiser's lobbies you would know that it is a highly competitive lobby with little room for poor resource management and slow reactions. There are changes absolutely baffling to PvE players that would make sense if one played at a high level of PvP just like there are changes PP players would absolutely despise that PE players would like. It is very hard for the two parties to understand each other and I think that's all this dispute is. It's not about Elitism, it's not about screwing over PvE players for competitiveness, it's about both parties having completely different mindsets and thus are unable to understand each other. 

I don't think PvE players will ever get why Stolen Tech and Gharials needed a nerf, for to them Stolen tech is a fun thing to mess around with. In fact, I would argue that for many PvE players who spend their time again A.I or Coop, basically plan to have Stolen Tech units in the main army all the time. 

I don't think PvP players would ever get why someone would only play against A.I 

But I think it's important to remember that everyone has their own definition of fun. (This, of course, applies to the Chinese players too. With their bizarre playstyle almost rivaling the JOJO series.) 

Arguments over a static page where a reader thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, miles away must be able to read your intention through dead words on a screen could be hard to finish. I would love to have a podcast of some sort inviting both PvP players and PvE players together and settle this difference. Unfortunately, that is only a distant dream. 

For now, let's stop the hate. Call Guardian G.I on his un-sportsmanship conduct and move back to discussing these patch notes, because they are not final yet! You, YES YOU READER, still have a chance to influence these patch notes. Write a persuasive paragraph, make a meme, WHATEVER! 

Good Luck and Have Fun

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#54 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:15 AM

Great, then tell me why Gharial should be nerfed other than "lulz, anti mind control spam is boring, make it more micro intensive, more sweepers cause that'll be more fun." All the posts above just pointed out to that. Nothing said about the unit being OP or uncounterable to justify the nerf.

This kind of reasoning, I will just throw it out. No way would I agree with it.

Edit: Many of these changes happen because people are trying to play every mode in pvp and expect everything to be balanced while it's clear that there are things that one better leave it as it is rather than touch it. Fortress is an example. It should never be balanced, cause it's not 1on1 but 1vsmany. Stolen tech too, is it that hard to just simply turn it off and never have to worry about it again?

Edited by X1Destroy, 10 May 2017 - 02:47 AM.

efXH1rz.png

#55 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:45 AM

I am going to paste something I said in the MO discord channel, "The anti-infantry aoe damage plus the armor of the Gharial is just a big fuck you to Epsilon. There was almost no way to counter it with sneaky offhand tactics with Epsilon, and they must focus it down with brute force, something awfully hard when Godsbanes are killing all of your armor forces.

This change is primarily changing the nature of the LB steam roll and force them to use other units in order to deal with adept spam."

The reasoning you so easily dismissed is exactly why it needed a change. Currently, the Gharial is the only unit completely immune to any kind of battlefield hazards. Radiation, EMP, etc. That is an awfully great ability to have at a cost efficient price. (If you count the cost of the Knight frames that comes with the Gharial the unit is only 1200 credits, which is absolutely insane.)  The Gharial is the kind of God Tier unit other factions wish they had. But that's the problem, it's too good of a unit. As any Epsilon player can tell you, playing against Gharials is nightmarish. There are no holes in defense when fighting an LB horde because their units cover every field, so in some ways, the Gharial change is going to affect Godsbanes a lot more than the Gharials themselves BUT ONLY AGAINST EPSILON. This change doesn't even affect LB against any other faction, so it cannot be considered a nerf in its own sense, just tuning. Of course, Giantsbanes still can break Mind control effects with their stunner so there should be no problems if one plays well. 

This doesn't completely ruin the Epsilon vs Last Bastion match up, just gives Epsilon a better chance now that their adepts are easier to target than ever (Chimera Core change)  

Still, some might argue that this only turns the Gharial into a glorified Armadillo, which in next patch will have more health than ever, and for the same price (1200 vs 2000-800) Which really makes me question what kind of materials they are building the god damn thing out of and why doesn't the Gharial have the same kind of health and armor and... and... and... NERF THE ARMADILLO ALREADY! FOR GOD SAKES IT IS A T2 VEHICLE AND IT'S ALREADY BETTER THAN THE GHARIAL. 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#56 0freeicecream

0freeicecream
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:48 AM

Edit: Many of these changes happen because people are trying to play every mode in pvp and expect everything to be balanced while it's clear that there are things that one better leave it as it is rather than touch it. Fortress is an example. It should never be balanced, cause it's not 1on1 but 1vsmany.

I highly doubt that's what the Gharial change is about (core changes to a unit are about standard PvP), but I'm going to disagree on one thing: Just because they shouldn't be balanced around the gamemode (and I can't see many unit changes that do that in the current patch) doesn't mean that a few steps shouldn't be made to prevent obvious problems in those modes from existing.  The changes to MCV deploys and ICing the Psychic Dominator prevent some really unfun strategies from existing.  Kind of like why Teleporting/Iron MADMANs were disabled; it's not just unfair, it's unfun for the receiving player.

#57 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:04 AM

2yl22bs.png

#58 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:08 AM

Fair point about the infantry killing, but I always thought that exactly because when Adepts are spammed would I spam Gharials. Mastodons and other stuffs don't work, while Godsbane's attack only stun the infantry, and never kill them directly.
This change should be fine if LB have a unit like the robot tank or ICed terror drone who can quickly jump right into the place where Adepts are. Unfortunately they don't, and before mentioning sweepers that kind of thing is not for offensive and once detected it's gone the next second.
I might try using duplicant though, but since it's even more squishy I kinda doubt it gonna help beyond guarding spies.

Edited by X1Destroy, 10 May 2017 - 03:15 AM.

efXH1rz.png

#59 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:48 AM

Stuns infantry and disconnect the Mind Control, not to mention outranges them. Yes. Combine that with Knightframes, and you got yourself your anti-mind control forces.

They're far more effective than you may think.

Or if you want, just spam Buzzards. They eat Adepts for breakfast (along with other infantries)

PS : needs stolen tech available by default option for more memes :v

Edited by Handepsilon, 10 May 2017 - 10:33 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#60 Tyhednus

Tyhednus

title available

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  Casual mod player and AS tester

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

Gharial may not be mc immune anymore, but Duplicants can work wonders too. You can spam them quicker than godsbanes. I am still doubting the change, but I understand why it was implemented. I will need some games when the patch drops to see if the change will work out well.
Also, IC'd Terror Drones are really obnoxious, but I doubt they could be changed. Oh well...
Overall the patch notes are pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users