427 replies to this topic

#61 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

X1Destroy, find me a RTS game with active multiplayer where balance changes are decided basing on PvE experience. I'll give you couple of hours. Good luck.

About the changelog. I think Pyro/Arma/Brolololo changes are recompensation for lack of conscript buffs. I mean, those 3 units were fine in their current state but now im being slightly worried. I think at least vechicles changes should be removed, im fine with Pyro.

#62 RushingRasputin

RushingRasputin
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

Since there aren't new units/buildings to shake up the meta, I would say that Im concerned for Soviet buffs. 

Soviet T2 was already really strong, and we are adding even more buffs to the Pyro/TT/Borillo? The AA and flaktrack/tigr changes seems really good though.

#63 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

X1Destroy, find me a RTS game with active multiplayer where balance changes are decided basing on PvE experience. I'll give you couple of hours. Good luck.

About the changelog. I think Pyro/Arma/Brolololo changes are recompensation for lack of conscript buffs. I mean, those 3 units were fine in their current state but now im being slightly worried. I think at least vechicles changes should be removed, im fine with Pyro.

That's because in most RTS games (well, not a lot of there now), balance changes only affect the MP mode, not the SP mode, though. Which should probably be a thing, at least for the campaign.

Edited by Solais, 10 May 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#64 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:21 AM

RTS game:
Active multiplayer.
Balance decided by pve.

Pick one, please?

I'll tell you my honest oppinion. A game that focused entirely on MP is destined to die someday when nothing new could be added. And this game the mod based on which is RA2, was mainly single player with MP option, not the other way around. I wouldn't touch it if this really was the case. The damn thing survive because people can freaking modify it and play/test with AI whenever they want, not because it have a multiplayer base so big that infuence everything like SC.

Edited by X1Destroy, 10 May 2017 - 11:30 AM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#65 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

But wasn't it said that MO has balance and units based on Multiplayer?

And I never know RA2 was focused on Single playing....

Edited by Handepsilon, 10 May 2017 - 11:31 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#66 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

I wish Skirmish have its own ini.

RA2 balance is a joke anyway. Most of the country units aren't even used and that never changed for 17 years. Just because there are people who play the game online doesn't mean it's not broken.

And I forgot, there was one cnc game that completely disregard MP because why not?
Uprising.

Edited by X1Destroy, 10 May 2017 - 11:43 AM.

efXH1rz.png

#67 Nablis123

Nablis123
  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • Projects:None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

the game is balanced around multiplayer because when a player is playing vs another player he expects an Equal chance to win and lose respectively.

while when you play VS an AI it's your own choice to play vs a bunch of codes and scripts, and the changes are not even game breaking because the AI doesn't really react to your actions like a real player would.

#68 Destroyencio

Destroyencio

Black Snow

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for RA2 mods.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

RA2 balance is a joke anyway.

Your posts are a joke.

#69 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

I wish Skirmish have its own ini.

The only line i agree with the most, someone on MO Discord even suggested a thing called Screenshot mode which is a "gameplay" mode where it's just like Unholy alliance but with all stolen tech and neutral units/buildings for those who want to make screenshots.

Let there be light!

#70 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

"This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Destroyencio. View it anyway?"

Unfortunately, I have no interest in seeing my notification filled with shit posts that have zero discussion value. So please, fuck off.

Edited by X1Destroy, 10 May 2017 - 12:26 PM.

efXH1rz.png

#71 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:38 PM

RTS game:
Active multiplayer.
Balance decided by pve.

Pick one, please?

I expected this answer, because i wouldnt belive that even with advanced google search training you would find anything.

I'll tell you my honest oppinion. A game that focused entirely on MP is destined to die someday when nothing new could be added. And this game the mod based on which is RA2, was mainly single player with MP option, not the other way around. I wouldn't touch it if this really was the case.

Yet you play. Also, if RA2 was a mainly single player game with mp option, i doubt ladders would exist. They still do - XWIS. Also guess what. Patches for RA2 also existed just to fix bugs that were abused in multi + balance things a bit. That last part didnt end well, tbh.

What, you think that Devs were just thinking about "Hmm, Rihno tanks dont wreck everything properly in Russian campaign, we have to buff them"?

The damn thing survive because people can freaking modify it and play/test with AI whenever they want, not because it have a multiplayer base so big that infuence everything like SC.

PepoThink. Reborn like way of thinking. "Hurrrrrr durrrr it works vs AI so it must be balanced even in multi". And then we have MO. With actual multiplayer base that wants changes when something is broken or useless. I like me some balance very much.

If you have problems with changes in MP then dunno, look somewhere, get access to files, revert every single change you dont like because it cucks your vs AI build and leave the people who want actual Super Balans Kurwo ™ to discuss in this thread without babbling how you cannot roflstomp AI anymore with usual build.

End of speech, lets return to memes

#72 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

LB against Epsilon is still easy anyway. Wall of Adepts and Psychic Tower? Send Quetzal, Godsbane and Buzzards, maybe Mastodon and Railgunneer if Mastermind decides to look for more funny ideas.

Edited by Handepsilon, 10 May 2017 - 12:55 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#73 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna do that. Kinda expect this.

But not now, not with this patch. Not gonna waste time scrolling with hex editor to grab the inis only to have another patch comeout and have to do it again.
All I ever look forward to this update are the new missions and the nuclear kirov challenge anyway. Everything else? Whatever.

efXH1rz.png

#74 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

RTS game:
Active multiplayer.
Balance decided by pve.

Pick one, please?

I'll tell you my honest oppinion. A game that focused entirely on MP is destined to die someday when nothing new could be added. And this game the mod based on which is RA2, was mainly single player with MP option, not the other way around. I wouldn't touch it if this really was the case. The damn thing survive because people can freaking modify it and play/test with AI whenever they want, not because it have a multiplayer base so big that infuence everything like SC.

Even SC is not that good an example now. Blizzard have realized that RTS games are not really a viable e-sports now that Dotalikes rule the fields. So they release SC1 Remastered for the Koreans (who never liked SC2 to begin with), and what SC2 focuses on now? Coop PvE. Because that happened to be more popular than PvP.

But yeah, would be interesting if campaign just used a whole separate rules.ini. That's all I care for, that Campaign won't get harder/less fair because of MP related changes.

Edited by Solais, 10 May 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#75 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

It's nothing new that the genre is pretty much dead at this point with very few new titles being made. And the quality of those are somewhat questionable.

MP and skirmish/coop should also be seperated. No reason for pvp games to invole AI if they completely disregard it. Seperating the game into 2 humanvshuman and humanvsbot sections via gamemode should be possible.

Edited by X1Destroy, 10 May 2017 - 01:35 PM.

efXH1rz.png

#76 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

Thought the same,
I'm ok with the pyro/borillo buffs. In most scenarios soviets are so far behind in t1 combat, they need some additional strength as soon the field bureau is up. The pyro is one extra unit for the price of seven and the borillo one is 11% more strength. Hope it stays. The armadillo in the other hand is 870 hp already, that is sturdy enough.

#77 codyfun123

codyfun123

Veteran Idea Person

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:Nerf this!
  •  Insufficient fun

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

I think Pyro/Arma/Brolololo changes are recompensation for lack of conscript buffs. I mean, those 3 units were fine in their current state but now im being slightly worried. I think at least vechicles changes should be removed, im fine with Pyro.

I agree. I don't really like this direction of change, since it doesn't actually make Soviet early game any different while making its late game too good. I'll go post in the Suggestions thread with a new iteration of ideas I had.

#78 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

One thing I can agree with, while any balance changes have insignificant effect on Skirmish (because it is all the same shooting gallery with braindead scripts who don't know how to harass or kite), they often influence Missions in a bad way. Tougher Kirovs CAN be a problem, and not because of Juggernaut but because there's a plenty of missions where you have to shot them down really quick. Virus change, Radar Tower change, Volkov weapon change from 3.0 to 3.3.x almost broke certain missions, we have to admit it. But obviously we can't make no changes at all just because they will potentially screw up the campaign. The best we can do is to test them and adjust mission's conditions if necessary. Or ini-edit properties of changed units for this exact map.

Edited by Damfoos, 10 May 2017 - 03:33 PM.

#79 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

Prepare to get your base leveled in 5 mins on mental Dance of Blood by Kirovs

Usually Kirov buff won't change much in other areas since some AA got beefed up against heavy targets but in some specific cases such as this (of which you don't have any means to spread your anti air accross the map such as Juggernaut) it will be a problem.
This may require;
a) less number of kirovs
b) more aa (such as ability to produce piranhas etc.)

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 10 May 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#80 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:03 PM

Worst thing about Kirovs is that there are times where you managed to shoot one down in time, it got too close and fell onto your flak troopers/archer, killing them with the explosion. You waste time building stuffs again and couldn't catch up with the next one, and there goes your Conyard/mission objective.

And hunting them from afar is not an option, because the area is either full of ground enemies or almost completely blocked by the terrain. Moonlight come to mind.

Wolfhound spam is probably the only good choice, but they're costly.

efXH1rz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users