Patch 3.3.2 Proposed Changelog

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#81 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:40 PM

I got a question: how fast does the chrono legionnaire warp out something with x amount of health? Like at what point does the legionnaire warp out things slower than it did? so if y is the amount if time it took before the buff, when does y < x*T, T being the constant. 

#82 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

http://modenc.renega...ts.com/Temporal

This describes how it works. Damage "dealt" is 8. Ignore the part about using maximum hitpoints - current hitpoints matter instead.
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#83 Nevermore2790

Nevermore2790
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Projects:Crossover Series

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Where's Machinehead? WiP??

#84 Nicholas Chau

Nicholas Chau
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:08 AM

here's a question:

besides being infiltrated for stolen tech alongside construction yards which when infiltrated will not just be for stolen tech but also for checking opponent build order, what would be the purpose of infiltrating battle labs/tech centers/cloud piercers??

#85 Nablis123

Nablis123
  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • Projects:None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:47 AM

so the MCV sell price is getting decreased to stop players from selling them to get eco boost, but is the grinding price the same ? or does the grinder have a fixed percentage for how much money it gets out of grinding a unit ?

#86 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:58 AM

When did the MO playerbase became this retardedly toxic towards PvE players?!... ohwait, Martinoz. He taught you well, I see.

You can actually start meaningful discussions with PvE players telling them where they go wrong in respectful ways instead of ridiculing them out on sight. Yes, that requires actual brain though and not merely APM. But guess what, Rise of the Reds pulls that out. It listens to PvE feedback as well, yes, it still treats them lower than PvP but actually consider it to an extent.

So no, Destroyencio, your posts are a joke here.

I like how the Fuckbringer is "balanced". Because no, it's not broken with the Lame Tempest combo, not at all. It could as well lose the destroyable aspect altogether because no way you could shoot that damn thing down in time anyway. So yeah, explain to me why I'm wrong in that.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#87 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Let me get this clear, I suck both as a PvP player, AND as a PvE player.
(In fact, I can't even deal with a hard AI and I still lost about 85% of the Versus matches I've joined/hosted online)
However, at least I don't go around complaining just because any means to ROFLstomp the AI have been changed, which is what X1Destroy have been doing.
If ROFLstomping AI players (which are mostly dumb, and inflexible) can get you considered as a pro PvE player, then I could also easily achieve that by spamming HH against the AI and call it a day.

Edited by GuardianGI, 11 May 2017 - 12:55 PM.

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#88 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

so the MCV sell price is getting decreased to stop players from selling them to get eco boost, but is the grinding price the same ? or does the grinder have a fixed percentage for how much money it gets out of grinding a unit ?

MCV refund doesnt really matter. The change with CY refund is here because you can go all-in T1 infantry spam in the very beginning and by selling the CY you get quite some money to make the rush more successful. By the time you have Grinder, all-in T1 rush won't even be a rush anymore, so it hardly matters.

#89 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

I also think the epsilon invaders should actually get another buff. 
I'd suggest increasing the refinery money drain. Currently it takes 60 seconds to drain 600 credits. That is equivalent to having an oil derrick after the initial capture bonus. 

However, sadly the invader gets taken out or denied quickly. Allowing for a maximum of 10 seconds of draining someone his money. 10 seconds being the maximum in a match against a newer player, resulting in a maximum drain of 100 credits. (Basically nothing at all) This while having a high chance of being shot down before being able to escape and not having much further use in the rest of the match. (With tiny exceptions)

I'd request to either give it both a better armor or hp buff and increase the refinery drain OR make it more useful against other units overall.

#90 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

So, after thinking about the changelog there are two things I want developers to take a look at in the future.

IMO, EMP mines shouldn't have been nerfed THIS hard. Yeah, they were incredibly OP and abusable, but the main problem lies not in damage done by them, but in them being spawned in clusters right under your enemy infantry's legs. They were the best in 3.0 where they were built like walls so you couldn't spam the hell out of them so easily. Now they will hardly useful if at all. In my humble opinion what should be made is to keep the price increase and make them be built like in 3.0. Damage nerfed too, but not as hard.

Foxtrots were nerfed way too hard in 3.3.1 after being broken in 3.3.0. What I liked them for there was that they were useful against all factions. The problem with them was a way too good damage with which they tech sniped and could snipe War Miners as well while currently only Harriers can do it since they are specialized to be anti-vehicle jets. It's good that their price is getting decreased, but there is still a major problem with them gameplay-wise. Currently they suck hard unless you play vs Epsilon where they can snipe some Duneriders and Adepts pretty well. Against Allies they can snipe a group of SEALs/Spies and that's all about it. Against Soviets they are pretty much useless. They can injure Pyros and Teslas before they are put in Borillo/Armadillo and later on they become utterly irrelevant because Soviets will be mainly relying on vehicles and even sniping Morales with them is a matter of luck. Against Foehn you can pretty much forget about them because they have no uses at all vs Foehn while in 3.3.0 you could snipe Finalize, Eureka and some buildings with them.

What I want to say is that they are easily the worst of aircraft in MO because they work somewhat ok only against Epsilon and to a lesser extent against Allies while Harriers, Stormchildren and Eagles are useful against ANY opponent at ANY stage of the game. I already suggested in feedback thread to make their accuracy from 0.25 to 0.45-0.55 and slightly buff damage (from 70 to 75 maybe?). If anybody has other ways to make them useful at any stage of the game against any faction like Allied jets are, then I'll gladly listen.

Edited by SPCell, 11 May 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#91 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

>When Graion writes about respect
giphy.gif

Same person that brings black PR to any mod he is attached too.

And same person that got so many bans on various sites it is not even worth to count.

7fqd2Qz.png

#92 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

That doesn't render his point invalid though. The conversation on the last few pages is just ridiculous, with posts such as 'your posts are a joke', without any reason or argument. It reeks of (very misplaced) elitism.

Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#93 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

Day 3: Negotiations have broken down. The forum is on the edge of a thermal nuclear war. My pleads of peace have been largely ignored. I pray to the God Emperor that his solari be casted upon me, for I fear what the future might hold.

Day 4: I have found a moldy Taco..... I'm going to consume it. Emperor protects!

Day 5:

Day 6:

Day 7:

Edited by NorthFireZ, 11 May 2017 - 05:50 PM.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#94 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

Is everything all right :(

#95 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

whoa......since when did the thread become so violent? This cannot be good. Everyone must make peace before things go thermonuclear. 

#96 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

His posts are mostly invalid because it's hard to find a post without "retard", "idiot" or varieties of fucks without insulting. Also balancing the game around PvE has been always a bad idea.

Edited by Martinoz, 11 May 2017 - 05:52 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

#97 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

Foxtrots were nerfed way too hard in 3.3.1 after being broken in 3.3.0.

Foxtrot UP? was the nerf too hard? I agree about some points, and the nerf was definitely too hard. IMHO the accuracy nerf was the right thing to do, the low accuracy of the second missile helps to define foxtrot's niche as anti-mob bomber. But the damage nerf was overkill. They should be a bit better against light-armored targets

#98 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

Also balancing the game around PvE has been always a bad idea.

Sure! But then I would expect people to explain the differences and write arguments, in a civil manner, as in any discussion. That didn't at all happen here.

Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#99 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:14 PM

Yet, it is me again.
The topic: Suppressors aren't touched in patch notes
These guys turn enemy units -heroes included- into repair drones, the problem is, they can hide inside Battle Tortoise and their range is greater than most AT units. Why is this a problem? this makes BT extremely durable, and not all subfactions have the tools to approach them. My solution: Reduced range from inside a battle tortoise from 9 to 7. This way tank killers could reach them unsuppressed and have a few hits + a reason to use Suppressors outside BT.

#100 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  •  Since April 2011

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

Also balancing the game around PvE has been always a bad idea.

Sure! But then I would expect people to explain the differences and write arguments, in a civil manner, as in any discussion. That didn't at all happen here.

As I've been dragged here because of being provoked I will write it why it's bad.
First, it would be the best thing to separate MP/SP inis, but it's not going to happen. Balancing around PvE would mean a completely dead playerbase on CnCNet where it's possible to 200 people in the main lobby at the same time.

Second, the impact on SP will be minimal, that 10% buff for Kirov won't be a big thing because most of the times the player will destroy these incoming Kirovs, to be honest, if someone lets 8 Kirovs reach the Congress it's a really bad performance. Also in the same mission there will be tons of buffs including:

+ buff: Catastrophe cannon range increased from 6.5 to 7, minimum range decreased from 2 to 1.5

+ buff: Desolator and Eradicator strength increased by 30 points, range of both weapons increased by 0.5 cells

+ buff: Rhino Heavy Tank has been given its real unique feature, it is repaired twice as fast by all repair weapons

+ buff: effectiveness of AA weapons on Flak Trooper, Flak Cannon and Seawolf against heavier units increased by 20%

+ buff: Volkov super EMP effect duration increased from 25 frames to 45 frames, updated weapon visuals
+ buff: Chitzkoi range increased to 4, strength from 450 to 500, firepower from 45 to 50, ROF decreased from 25 to 20
+ buff: Morales strength increased from 240 to 260, X-Mig strength increased from 450 to 500

+ buff: Catastrophe strength increased from 520 to 550

+ buff: Nuwa Cannon ROT increased from 2 to 3

That's a lot of buffs, I hardly believe that Juggernaut becomes harder (also don't forget about hidden Cyborg Commando). When the Kirov gets a 10% HP buff, basic Flaks get a 20% increase of firepower.

Edited by Martinoz, 11 May 2017 - 08:41 PM.

7fqd2Qz.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users