Photo

BFME doesn't start/crash after installation? READ THIS.

Best Answer Sole722, 25 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

Step 1:  Go to your "Roaming" folder. ti finde her  "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming"

[attachment=39694:Screenshot_1.png]

Step 2: Search the BFME or BFME II folder

[attachment=39695:Screenshot_2.png]

Step 3: It should be empty. Create a Maps folder. 

[attachment=39696:Screenshot_3.png]

Step 4: And a textfile.

[attachment=39697:Screenshot_4.png]

Step 5: Put this in it.

AllHealthBars = yes

AlternateMouseSetup = no
AmbientVolume = 50
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
FixedStaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
HeatEffects = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
IsThreadedLoad = yes
MovieVolume = 70
MusicVolume = 70
Resolution = 1920 1080
SFXVolume = 70
ScrollFactor = 51
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TimesInGame = 25
UnitDecals = no
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70

[attachment=39698:Screenshot_5.png]

Step 6: Save it as a options.ini

[attachment=39699:Screenshot_6.png]

Step 7: Make sure you have change the file type.      

[attachment=39702:Screenshot_10.png]

Step 8: and put it in your BFME folder

[attachment=39700:Screenshot_8.png]

Step 9: Now start the game and have fun.

Bad english i know :/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 Elanorand

Elanorand
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

yep, reinstalled twice

EDIT: the 3-rd was lucky , it worked, thank you guys and see you in game :p

Edited by Elanorand, 26 September 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#22 UUolf

UUolf
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

Still can't find the bfme folder anywhere in roaming? Or anywhere?  games are installed - tried reinstalling multiple times but nothing :S

#23 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

It is supposed to be in %appdata%/roaming. You can try to put one in there and then a Maps directory and a options.ini file by yourself.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#24 UUolf

UUolf
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Yep - tried force making them as you said with no change - also tried reinstalling 3 times. :( could I have to start the game before it creates itself or something?  I've tried everything i've seen so far :S 

#25 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Did you install the launcher? What's in the launcher log file in %tmp% after you tried to start the game with the launcher?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#26 UUolf

UUolf
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

2.02? What launcher?

#27 UUolf

UUolf
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

I've heard of an unoffical launcher but never saw one execpt the 2.02 launcher that can't start the game(to my knowledge) neither BFME2 or RoTWK works for me :(

#28 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

The T3A launcher

#29 UUolf

UUolf
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Ran as admin - game crashes after start tho

EDIT - idk if it was there before (swear I looked) it's called My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files - not bfme2 or bfme II... - used the options.ini fix and we're good! xD Thanks - and i'll see you all online!

Edited by UUolf, 10 October 2017 - 08:27 PM.

#30 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

I see, your problem was rotwk. Good, have fun playing! Make sure to join the discord chat on our website to find more players.

#31 Kalabhairava

Kalabhairava
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

I have the same problem as 

flynnser
the game worked before i installed the patch.
can't find my appdata folder also.

#32 Kalabhairava

Kalabhairava
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

Found the folder.Did what i was supposed to.Still the same error.

#33 Kalabhairava

Kalabhairava
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

And now I'm having problems with BFME2 saying I need an update to play online.And i already have 1.0.9.

#34 Kalabhairava

Kalabhairava
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Btw im referring to RTWK

#35 ZweiEuro

ZweiEuro
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Tried to get this to run for a few years now, still encountering the same error with your installation method.
I start the game, it calculates, and then stops responding and crashes without any error sign. It just closes as is. It doesn't matter if i open it with the T3A launcher or just the game itself. I have created the folder and the options.ini file, and i have "fixed my resolution" via the patch switcher.
I've tried to start the game without a firewall and with administration priveleges, still it doesn't want to start. i have tried patch 1.06 an 1.09 both to start in any way.

Help would be greatly apreciated!

#36 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:59 PM

Then you are not checking the correct directory for the options.ini probably.

#37 ZweiEuro

ZweiEuro
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

Then you are not checking the correct directory for the options.ini probably.

Ok yeah that would explain it, but <pic>

https://pasteboard.co/GQTpTXk.png

I've checked the code inside multiple times as well , and it seems correct too. This folder was created by the game itself.

are there known problems installing the game on another HDD than the appdata? e.g. appdata is in C , and the game is in my F drive, not sure why that would be an issue.

And with witch king i get this:

https://pasteboard.co/GQTra2Y.png

which at least is something, but really i  wantto play the original and not the witch kind :/

Edited by ZweiEuro, 27 October 2017 - 04:36 PM.

#38 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

Seems ROTWK is not installed properly, try to enable 2.02 from the unofficial launcher in the game directory. Make sure BFME2 is on patch 1.06 (not 1.09) before attempting that.

#39 ZweiEuro

ZweiEuro
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Seems ROTWK is not installed properly, try to enable 2.02 from the unofficial launcher in the game directory. Make sure BFME2 is on patch 1.06 (not 1.09) before attempting that.

crash stays in BFME2 no matter the version.

and for the switcher i get an error saying that " could not find file with checksum <damn long number>

#40 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

It seems the installation is corrupt? Did you check the files are correctly installed and the registry entries are pointing to the correct files? Did you install patch 1.06 yourself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users