Photo

BFME doesn't start/crash after installation? READ THIS.

Best Answer Sole722, 25 May 2017 - 07:30 AM

Step 1:  Go to your "Roaming" folder. ti finde her  "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming"

[attachment=39694:Screenshot_1.png]

Step 2: Search the BFME or BFME II folder

[attachment=39695:Screenshot_2.png]

Step 3: It should be empty. Create a Maps folder. 

[attachment=39696:Screenshot_3.png]

Step 4: And a textfile.

[attachment=39697:Screenshot_4.png]

Step 5: Put this in it.

AllHealthBars = yes

AlternateMouseSetup = no
AmbientVolume = 50
AudioLOD = High
Brightness = 50
FixedStaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
FlashTutorial = 0
HasSeenLogoMovies = yes
HeatEffects = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = Low
IsThreadedLoad = yes
MovieVolume = 70
MusicVolume = 70
Resolution = 1920 1080
SFXVolume = 70
ScrollFactor = 51
StaticGameLOD = UltraHigh
TimesInGame = 25
UnitDecals = no
UseEAX3 = no
VoiceVolume = 70

[attachment=39698:Screenshot_5.png]

Step 6: Save it as a options.ini

[attachment=39699:Screenshot_6.png]

Step 7: Make sure you have change the file type.      

[attachment=39702:Screenshot_10.png]

Step 8: and put it in your BFME folder

[attachment=39700:Screenshot_8.png]

Step 9: Now start the game and have fun.

Bad english i know :/

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:16 AM

This is not about the options.ini issue ThiccolasCage. Don't install the game into the virtual disk drive. Install the game to your computer, wherever you normally install programs, the default settings should be fine.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#62 ThiccolasCage

ThiccolasCage
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:03 PM

It doesn't give me the option to install it anywhere else. It just puts it there every time. Any idea how to change that?

#63 plshelpme

plshelpme
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:56 AM

I got this solution to work for BFME, but BFME2 has no  folder in the "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming" unlike 1 did. Any solution?

#64 bigstud

bigstud
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

is there any hope to someone with a Intel 515 graphics card? I have put in the options file and updated my drivers... but still crashing after splash screen. sad.. maybe time for a better laptop. 
on a side note would BFME run on vega 8 grahpics cards?

#65 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:27 AM

As far as I know, there's only a discreet set of cards that are incompatible. Perhaps you've installed the game wrong? Maybe try it on a different computer?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#66 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:51 PM

I tried following this tutorial and the installation guides multiple times and it will never get past this error where it claims the following:

• Unknown field 'ShadowLOD' in block 'StaticGameLOD'
  • Error parsing field 'ShadowLOD' in block 'StaticGameLOD' in file 'data\ini\gamelod.ini', line 20.

I have Windows 10, and a valid PC-DVD copy of these games that I installed onto Windows 10 which I have on my MacBook Pro because I have Parallels. Plus, I did absolutely nothing to any of the files in the 'Program Files' directory. What on Earth is happening? And can someone help, please? If not, I will not be able to play these games, much less mod them, anymore.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#67 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 14 February 2019 - 11:45 PM

The only thing I can think of is if you've put them in the wrong folder. Or if Parallels or Windows 10 on a Mac isn't setting up the AppData folder correctly?

#68 passive1

passive1
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:00 PM

well it's been a long time since this topic was created so i hope there is still someone to answer.

first of all is the game for win10 32x bit or 64x bit? because im using win10 64x bit

second,i've done everything the instructions said yet i still get the same error.

can you please help? you can help me through teamviewer too. I also deactivated the windows defender and the antivirus program still doesn't work.

#69 SortingHat

SortingHat
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:54 AM

well it's been a long time since this topic was created so i hope there is still someone to answer.

first of all is the game for win10 32x bit or 64x bit? because im using win10 64x bit

second,i've done everything the instructions said yet i still get the same error.

can you please help? you can help me through teamviewer too. I also deactivated the windows defender and the antivirus program still doesn't work.

Microsoft has done updates to kill old games.  This latest one did something funky to make it not read ISO's of that generation.  This game is meant for 32 bit machines.  EA Games won't get off their butts and release it for modern machines and instead only cares about pay to win mobile crap and sports games.  Whatever makes quick cash.   It's like Hearst on games we live in.

One particular game REALLY funky that was the first to be killed off was any game made by Dreamcatcher especially New Adventuers of the Time Machine it won't run on anything new and now even old. You could run it in a VM machine at one point but not now.

#70 NearlyHeadlessNick7

NearlyHeadlessNick7
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:56 PM

Every time the game comes up, which appears as the BFMEII 1.09 launcher, despite me adding option.ini and all that, it just loads for a while and eventually closes. This happens every time I bring up the game, from each launcher. Anyone know what to do? I already downloaded the game twice, did it all in order with the patches and such. Still, the game won't open.

#71 Rifleman1944

Rifleman1944
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:40 AM

Every time the game comes up, which appears as the BFMEII 1.09 launcher, despite me adding option.ini and all that, it just loads for a while and eventually closes. This happens every time I bring up the game, from each launcher. Anyone know what to do? I already downloaded the game twice, did it all in order with the patches and such. Still, the game won't open.

I'm having the same issue, No matter what I do or try it will load for all of two minutes and then crashes. No error message, just closes it. I've tried launching it from multiple launchers as well. Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

#72 GralBelgrano

GralBelgrano
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 07:46 AM

I get the runtime error message and the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION message when I try to launch TRotWK: ,3

https://ibb.co/yWW1G0B

#73 GralBelgrano

GralBelgrano
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 03:36 AM

i can fix with this link 0_o thanks Agmar XD

https://www.moddb.co...-startup-fixxer

#74 breum93

breum93
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 05:41 PM

Hi there,

Iv'e downloaded BFM1 to my mac using Wine. Everything was good and I played a handfull of missions in the Good Campaign.

But when I got to the misson where a was set on to save Marry and Pippin, the mission couldn't start and the game crashes. And it happens every time I try.

It looks like this:

post-774556-0-07468200-1612367649_thumb.

Can some of you pls help me?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Breum93

#75 iPlane1

iPlane1
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:08 AM

Thanks, this worked!

#76 WaffleWizard314

WaffleWizard314
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 06:59 PM

i have downloaded the game and run the install, then added the patch, and added the file to run with out a cd but every time i try to load the game it pulls up this image then crashes with no error report, i checked and i have it set to run on the Geforce graphics card not the intel intigrated, i also added the options.ini file as directed, does anyone know what might be the problem or a potential solution? i havent a computer with a cd drive anymore so this is my only option if i want to play these amazing games again :( 

post-957605-0-68818500-1650134581_thumb.

#77 mythril_bladed_k@yahoo.com

mythril_bladed_k@yahoo.com
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2023 - 03:27 AM

Having the same issue.  I followed it word for word, get an error ObjectFilter::resolveNames() specified +MordorOutpostKeep.  etc etc etc.

I downloaded the .iso, mounted it, installed it with a cd-key. Downloaded the 1.06 patch, extracted, downloaded, and installed.  Game immediately crashed upon execution.

#78 Techspy

Techspy
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:10 PM

I tried all these things and the only way I could get it to work was with the startup fixer mentioned in the installation guide.  https://www.moddb.co...-startup-fixxer

#79 aidandfb

aidandfb
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 03:53 PM

Hi all, need as much help as possible.

I have the actual discs and have installed BFME 2 Collectors edition. 

It does launch but for only only 15 seconds even after uninstalling and reinstalling. There is no error message with this.

After filling in the details that is mentioned above, the game still does not launch correctly but does manage to get all the way to full screen before crashing again. There is still no error message.

I am running on Windows 10 with the standard graphics card. I have downloaded a patch switcher because I thought that was the problem but still it does the same thing. On the most recent patch it does some the same thing of launching for a few seconds before closing without error. On some of the older patches it says "fatal error, exception in exception handler"

I have also put the game through the compatability mode and ran it as administrator. When it goes into compatability mode it says there is no disc. This is obviously not the case as I actually do have one and the correct one is in the disc drive. 

Please please please can someone advise.

Edited by aidandfb, 22 January 2024 - 05:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users