Photo

I Wonder What The Foehn Origin Missions Are About?

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#141 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

inb4 Yunru blaming Rashidi for Libra's arrival

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#142 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

Or you know. The Chinese blaming Yunru for screwing up their alliance with Russia.

#143 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

"Killing the messenger" means someone gives you bad news and you blame them for the bad news, as though they were somehow responsible for it.

You don't literally "kill" a messenger.

Oh. Ooohhh... I gotcha.

#144 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

Or you know. The Chinese blaming Yunru for screwing up their alliance with Russia.

That might be the most plausible theory...China obviously wanted to keep this a secret, but because Yunru wasn't discreet enough, so the Russians found out.

#145 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

"Killing the messenger" means someone gives you bad news and you blame them for the bad news, as though they were somehow responsible for it.
You don't literally "kill" a messenger.

Oh. Ooohhh... I gotcha.

Like this:
Yunru to Foehn commanders: Guys, ya'know, we had a research base right?

Foeh commanders: ?

Yunru: Well, I believe that I made a mistake and actually caused it to detonate and killed thousands of Soviet troops plus Morales plus Centurion etc. Nothing much

#146 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

>Tainted Empire

>shows image of some proto-foehn base with an Allied and Soviet base next to it

:thinking

3qPyjQ8.png

#147 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

I think the goal here is to conquer that base, more or less intact, then hold the lab until whatever tech stolen inside is acquired. I doubt we'll get friendly Chinese defenses and troops around like that (and some of them close to barrels), and odds are the purple Allies are Epsilon controlled.

#148 Leitch Blitz Persimmon

Leitch Blitz Persimmon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Mind controlling is the worst aim ever for some people, as God created us to think differently and unite as one (Even Yuri also want to unite the mind) but not for the full control- at least the people's mentality today.

But the Mental Omega is very different case, as Yuri was from the Commumist, and he betrayed- making him more mad.

#149 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

The big question is = Are the commanders from respective factions will survive?

3qPyjQ8.png

#150 Leitch Blitz Persimmon

Leitch Blitz Persimmon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:42 AM

Humans are mortal, even a cyborg could have malfunction. But what I believed, one of them will die.

BTW, Is the Foehn Revolt era was in 1980-1990? As nano-technology and mechatronic wasn't advanced yet in late 80's if I did not get wrong.

Or maybe the game just change history?

Edited by Leitch Blitz Persimmon, 19 December 2017 - 03:44 AM.

#151 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:37 AM

Humans are mortal, even a cyborg could have malfunction. But what I believed, one of them will die.

BTW, Is the Foehn Revolt era was in 1980-1990? As nano-technology and mechatronic wasn't advanced yet in late 80's if I did not get wrong.

Or maybe the game just change history?

Act 1 starts in the early 80's so ofc it's changing history, don't forget that MO is tied to RA1 which was all about changing history and this is where we are now.... appearntly.

#152 Leitch Blitz Persimmon

Leitch Blitz Persimmon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

Oh, I forgot the MO was included with 3 wars: Second World War, Third World War and the Mental Omega War. The Third World War was included with Time Machine, which probably affect the minorities of around world, I guess.

#153 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

What? No Time Machine in MO. Yes, the past was changed using a Time Machine/Chronosphere, changing WW2 from fighting against Nazis to fighting against Soviets. No time machine or time travel after that in the MO storyline.

#154 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

I didn't mean that there is/will be time travel in MO, but you get the point anyway.

#155 Leitch Blitz Persimmon

Leitch Blitz Persimmon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

What? No Time Machine in MO. Yes, the past was changed using a Time Machine/Chronosphere, changing WW2 from fighting against Nazis to fighting against Soviets. No time machine or time travel after that in the MO storyline.

Oh, is that so? It's been long time I left Act One, because I played RA2 only, it is been long time I had played Act One since I finished the missions, I didn't play Act One after 3.3, so I don't really remember MO's WW3.

Even the both storyline are a little bit similar.

Edited by Leitch Blitz Persimmon, 19 December 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#156 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

Mind controlling is the worst aim ever for some people, as God created us to think differently and unite as one (Even Yuri also want to unite the mind) but not for the full control- at least the people's mentality today.

But the Mental Omega is very different case, as Yuri was from the Commumist, and he betrayed- making him more mad.

This. Something about worldwide mind control feels even more sinister than, say, worldwide destruction.

#157 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

So, the predictions are so far, that Yunru anticipated faliure in the war against Epsilon and tries to salvage what she can, to strike back one day. But there is another question: How it came, that Yunru already knows, that Yuri will be victorious, and the Soviets and Allies don't? Maybe she will try to stop Yuri as well, only to evacuate later to Alaska?

#158 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

So, the predictions are so far, that Yunru anticipated faliure in the war against Epsilon and tries to salvage what she can, to strike back one day. But there is another question: How it came, that Yunru already knows, that Yuri will be victorious, and the Soviets and Allies don't? Maybe she will try to stop Yuri as well, only to evacuate later to Alaska?

This is a good question. 

Why does Yunru abandon the Chinese and run off to Alaska to form the Foehn Revolt? She could just give all of her pre-existing tech to China, which has far more manpower than the Foehn Revolt may ever hope to achieve. They might end Epsilon before whatever disaster happens in Antarctica. 

There could be many factors.

It's possible the Foehn Revolt is not ready yet. Yunru probably knows the details of all the weapon designs. Maybe the current Mastodon model doesn't have repair nanites and a plasma cannon, so all you have is an over-sized tank that too expensive to produce. So Yunru is trying to hide somewhere, so she has time to refine Foehn technology. 

As we have seen, the WSA is notoriously bad at being an alliance. Russia and China distrust each other way too much. The Soviets may lack the cooperation necessary to end Epsilon. Look at Russia, they send some of their best operatives and waste military resources investigating China for three missions. They lose Morales, one of their best commandos to a MIDAS. It's easy to see that even with advanced technology, the WSA will probably find a way to fuck everything up. Maybe while Russia and China are campaigning against Yuri, they're also thinking of ways to come out this war as the dominant Soviet power while the other one is weakened. 

As for the Allies, I don't know if the Soviets are aware of the Paradox Engine. I think the Soviets and Allies are waging independent wars against Yuri. Also, it seems that the Allies are looking for a swift kill. While the Soviets are dicking around, the Allies are diving headfirst into Antarctica with the Paradox. It's probably too late at this point for Yunru to help the Allies. 

Edited by Tathmesh, 19 December 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#159 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

It's a bit OT, but I think the proto-Mastodon actually has the nanotech, and the reason it's that bulky is that early nanotech asked lots of place, and once it was miniaturized enough to function for tanks as small as the Bison, the room was used for the plasma railgun and the nanocharge upgrade. And I'll rejoin the arguments for proto-Foehn going rogue. That, and the fact Yunru is still forced into compliance by the Chineses at the end of the day. Might explain her actions too.

#160 Janusz Olender

Janusz Olender
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

^^You may have a point, I wonder however, if Yunru is somewhat aware of the Mental Omega Device(detecting some anomalies on Antarctica, or something.), because even despite the end of WSA, the Russians and Latins seem to be still at large(being able to send elite strike force to the Moon), and Yuri's conventional forces received many blows and failures, as well, so maybe the future didn't really look that grim...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users