376 replies to this topic

#181 Endless

Endless
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Weaponized Dad Jokes
  •  Disgusting USA main

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

Sole reason I can see Iron Guard being underused in 3.3.2 MP is because of the fact people overlook it.
Though whenever I see an IC up I see an IG built soon after 

Cease or I will have to use D E A D L Y F O R C E

#182 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:39 PM

I guess that the reason is more likely that it is a static defense, and that it requires vehicles to be effective. Vehicles that are better used for maintaining map control, and kept mobile.

Edited by Divine, 06 February 2018 - 08:40 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#183 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

I guess that the reason is more likely that it is a static defense, and that it requires vehicles to be effective. Vehicles that are better used for maintaining map control, and kept mobile.

Depends on the Soviet Faction using it, especially in the case of China.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#184 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:22 AM

Making a second mcv with a iron guard ready and then moving your centurion to have range to the enemy base and have an iron guard to protect it means that even a harrier spam will be hard to take it down without taking the iron guard.

#185 XoGamer

XoGamer

Strategically Losing

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  i won already

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

Replace blast trench entirely, how about that

no

we already had this discussion about blast furnace in the previous patch, and last time speeder said he wouldn't do that iirc

Blast furnace is fine as is, but only because each Foehn subfaction can make up for it in the fact that they all have an epic unit that basically fit secondary superweapon slot. Harbinger and Boidmachine may be epic units as support powers but tbh, the damage they're capable of is worthy of secondary SW status - and they fit the category perfectly - they can be coordinated with your attacks to provide a more devastating blow (like IC, CS & Rage)

as for MADMAN, I guess that also counts.

tldr; foehn doesn't really even need blast furnace and complainers only complain cos they want symmetrical gameplay altho Foehn has already broken most of the rules that the other factions follow (infantry not weak to dogs, no dogs, amphibious spies that can't disguise etc.) so why would we give all the subfactions an already powerful epic unit that acts as superweapon then complain that the SW needs buffing?

the alternative is ofc: nerf the epic units so that they're no more powerful than an EMP blast in terms of usefulness (or more depending on price) and then do the according buff for Blasticade

a good buff for blasticade if you want to ignore everything I said, is to make the walls stealth when Blasticade is ready (visible when running) but otherwise visible and destructible - that way the opponent should have been watching out for sneaky walls and trying to remember where they were hidden

that's my 2 cents

But what about the Iron Guard? In 3.3.0/1 they were strong, specially with drones and fast units in general. I'm fine the way they work atm, and not like Soviets aren't strong anyway to rely on them.

Reduce power usage/ Increase limit (but only max 3)

it's very hard to get the balancing right on Iron Guard, it feels like it's either overpowered or completely redundant

Edited by XoGamer, 07 February 2018 - 09:22 AM.

"I cast a deadly shadow." - Apocalypse

#186 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

A way to buff the Blast Treches could be to merge them with the Turmoil Grid. Basically, it would be deployed in patches, have minimal power consumption, would confuse enemy units when the Blasticade is not active, and it would do what the Blast Trench does when the Blasticade is active. It would be relatively easy to explain it lore wise as well, say, Blasticade would serve to amplify the Turmoil Grid's power a thousand fold, and make it kill anything it touches. This way, two rarely used things would become a single, much more useful entity.

Edited by Divine, 07 February 2018 - 03:40 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#187 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

Grids aren't underused though.

and I feel like if trenches were in clusters everyone will start using them like 3.3 EMP mines.

#188 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

Using it in grids mostly negates the point of a Blasticade Wall

Maybe just an increase of wall-build distance for it is best.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#189 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

I think the invisibility when Blasticade is active seems like a pretty interesting idea.

But it could potentially be abused, because someone could just place a huge grid around a major chokepoint. Now Blasticade becomes an invisible minefield that instantly delete any army that walks over it.

#190 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

I agree with XoGamer, the blast furnace doesn’t really need a change since Foehn all basically have Uber units anyways. It’s not required to change it. Changing it won’t make Foehn balanced and it won’t boost their power either. It’s just more work for the MO team to completely redo the furnace system.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#191 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

Will the client ever be "fixed"? I mean is there any way for the client NOT to reset my settings in skirmish every time I quit? It's a bit frustrating to change the starting money/units, position, speed etc. every day.

#192 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

Mine got saved at some extent. Do you have the folder on read only? Maybe running as admin might also help

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#193 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:32 AM

Mine got saved at some extent. Do you have the folder on read only? Maybe running as admin might also help

"At some extent" is they keyphrase here, I believe. It'd be nice if the game saved all settings properly.

Edited by Divine, 09 February 2018 - 02:33 AM.

#194 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:35 AM

Depends on the Soviet Faction using it, especially in the case of China.

I use china, but never bother to rely on those things...

3qPyjQ8.png

#195 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

Why rely on anything other than centurion and yurnu with some support here and there?

#196 Endless

Endless
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Weaponized Dad Jokes
  •  Disgusting USA main

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

Why rely on anything other than centurion and yurnu with some support here and there?

???

Cease or I will have to use D E A D L Y F O R C E

#197 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

I wonder if there is a way to use yunru in a way that doesnt involve placing her inside the centurion,because for how effective it is,it does get stale after a while.

#198 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

I checked it, and sadly didn't help. Right after the installation I changed both the game and the client to always run as admin.

#199 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

You must be new to china then, because i see her being used outside of centy very often. Inside Centy you cannot chain EMP so putting her inside lowers her efficiency to somewhere around 40% - because you cannot manually target with her and she will always attack same cluster of units unless the one in middle is destroyed.

Edited by CLAlstar, 09 February 2018 - 10:57 AM.

#200 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

You must be new to china then, because i see her being used outside of centy very often. Inside Centy you cannot chain EMP so putting her inside lowers her efficiency to somewhere around 40% - because you cannot manually target with her and she will always attack same cluster of units unless the one in middle is destroyed.

Not to mention the deploy weapon. Conyard rekt in several hits

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users