Photo

Patch 3.3.3 Proposed Changelog

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#161 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

So far i conclude that a GI IFV and god/giantstbane are long overdue for nerfs

Virus and sniper also are in need of buffs

many people want to see ptera further nerfed in some way

many people want a blasticade change

many people want a further rocketier buff. 

Am i reading you all right?

No, the idea about Viruses was that they need a buff against Giantsbanes and Godsbanes specifically. On second thought, I'd also consider buffing them against Zorbs. Last time I checked they did not die in one shot, and their rapid self healing allows them to facetank Viruses without a problem.

Without Petras Coronia will be hardly as OP as it is now. Zorbs require T3 and are quite expensive to spam. In addition they require a sync to auto-heal, it's not so unacceptable for a blob to tank a virus.

btw am I the only one who considers zorbs' deploy ability underused?

Virus is quasi tier 4, and it's not that a blob of Zorbs can tank a Virus, it's that a Zorb can tank a blob of Viruses. He gets shot but it doesn't kill him, and by the time the toxin damages him again, he's back to full health. I doubt anyone spams Zorbs tho, it's just that Viruses fail their part in the rock-paper-scissor like balance, because they can't effectively snipe the Zorbs from the crowd of other infantry. It is possible to kill them if the Zorb gets shot and someone else next to him also explodes into a cloud of toxin, the AoE sometimes can work, but it's not reliable at all. 

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#162 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

You can make large blobs of Zorbs but it isn't cheap

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#163 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Well you don't need to make a ton of Zorbs. They delete infantry, have rapid regeneration, and move really fast with Spinblades.

Imo Zorbfloaters need to lose their rapid regeneration and get a speed boost instead. I don't understand what balance purpose the regen serves, and it's thematically wrong for a subversive faction like Coronia. The regen seems like it belongs to Last Bastion.

#164 Dracojan

Dracojan
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:21 PM

nice changes and new additions :)

#165 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Especially considering zorbs' damage stays in one area for a few seconds before dissipating as well as their rather ridiculous range and spinblade boost. Making them unkillable is just sinful

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#166 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Are the "mega maps" a new game mode or are they labeled as a mega map and other game modes(standard, tech share, etc) with them?

#167 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 9,001 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

They just have 'Mega' added at the end of their names.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#168 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:32 AM

Especially considering zorbs' damage stays in one area for a few seconds before dissipating as well as their rather ridiculous range and spinblade boost. Making them unkillable is just sinful

Almost like Fin and Alize, except en-mass. 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#169 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

+ buff: Alanqa Skystation price decreased from $2500 to $2200, strength increased from 440 to 475

Can we please stop this nonsense?
Alanqas are so good it is not the game fault people can't into positioning and timing

Also any ideas about the Iron Guard? it is quite meh ATM it never feels like the right investment. Maybe for centurion camp but I can't remember the last time I saw it in MP doing something relevant -3.3.2 obviously-

-both zorbs and banes are good candidates for a price reduction + general stat nerf.

Edited by TeslaCruiser, 05 February 2018 - 09:37 PM.

#170 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

I would agree...

i still stand with my proposed changes:
-add some kind of marker to the harbinger call in, so we know where it will come

-buff pteronodon health and remove its AOE, or at least reduce it and give severe drop off

-general bane stat reduction

-buff virus and sniper against certain infantries 

-nerf GI IFV

-buff rocketiers

-make blasticade wall available at tier 1 (people say that it is a waste of time b/c of support powers, but come on how often do you see china in 1v1? not every game.)

#171 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

I would agree...

-add some kind of marker to the harbinger call in, so we know where it will come

-buff pteronodon health and remove its AOE, or at least reduce it and give severe drop off

-nerf GI IFV

-buff rocketiers

-make blasticade wall available at tier 1 (people say that it is a waste of time b/c of support powers, but come on how often do you see china in 1v1? not every game.)

1. Meh. Unnecessary.

2. No, that removes the point, you basically just get wolfhounds then. Pteranodons already got a nerf anyway (and I am not accepting comments about how it isn't enough, because it needed tiny changes)

3. Possibly.

4. You mean against Giants/Godsbanes, so Point #3

5. Already done

6. Already done

7. What.

Blasticade wall just needs to not be stupid awkward to place down and require a stupid amount of resources to make work, the actual concept is fine, but the trench stats are the problems.

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#172 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

that wouldn't solve any of the problems with it, you still get stun and turmoil grids at T2 (which isn't that far) that can just do the job better.

Edited by StolenTech, 05 February 2018 - 10:42 PM.

#173 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

What about Blast Trenches NOT requiring the Furnace to be built? So you can start preparing the network before the furnace itself is built

#174 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

What about Blast Trenches NOT requiring the Furnace to be built? So you can start preparing the network before the furnace itself is built

I thought about letting blast trench be made from the expansion structure addon, but ehhhhhh

8QTUrX0.png

#175 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:05 AM

This is literally what i am suggesting. 

I would agree...

-nerf GI IFV

-buff rocketiers

1. Meh. Unnecessary.

2. No, that removes the point, you basically just get wolfhounds then. Pteranodons already got a nerf anyway (and I am not accepting comments about how it isn't enough, because it needed tiny changes)

3. Possibly.

4. You mean against Giants/Godsbanes, so Point #3

5. Already done

6. Already done

7. What.

Blasticade wall just needs to not be stupid awkward to place down and require a stupid amount of resources to make work, the actual concept is fine, but the trench stats are the problems.

1.) for you maybe, for others, a good QoL change that has little negative impact

2.) no, b/c these wolfhounds don't shoot up, are more expensive and are build into a faction that focuses on air armies. They do however, continue to counter their counters, and will keep being an issue against faction like SC and LC. Its a simple nerf of negligible long term impact in terms of coronia staying power. I'm not asking them to nerf the unit and/or faction into the ground. 

3.) ofc

4.) I mean, improving this specific interaction as well as reducing damage stats and the godsbanes stun, yeah. Maybe also zorbs? I can see snipers being an anti-foehn niche units for EA.

5.) my bad, missed that change... 

6.)$50 price decrease? please. its still useless, just slightly less money waste than before. they need a damage buff not a price decrease. The problem with rocketiers isn't that they were too expensive to mass, its that they are useless to mass, something $50 wont fix

7.) I completely agree, which is why I want to make the wall available after you build barracks. Later in the game the armory que is usually making more important things. what is wrong with being able to get your blasticade walls up while building you early game refs and WF? A cost reduction and build radius+distance increase could also be in order. Then just tack on the blast furnace later and that way you don't have to waste time with the wall network b/c its already done. Seems like a good way to lower the awkwardness of the walls...

Edited by Death_Kitty, 06 February 2018 - 02:46 AM.

#176 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:46 AM

Would being able to build more than one blast furnace be better? So that blasticade lasts longer, but takes longer to charge up. Like the firestorm generator in TS/TI.
(As well as tier 1 blast trench)

#177 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

Replace blast trench entirely, how about that

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#178 Destroyencio

Destroyencio

Black Snow

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for RA2 mods.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

+ buff: Alanqa Skystation price decreased from $2500 to $2200, strength increased from 440 to 475

Can we please stop this nonsense?
Alanqas are so good it is not the game fault people can't into positioning and timing

Also any ideas about the Iron Guard? it is quite meh ATM it never feels like the right investment. Maybe for centurion camp but I can't remember the last time I saw it in MP doing something relevant -3.3.2 obviously-

I agree that the Alanqa buff is too much.

But what about the Iron Guard? In 3.3.0/1 they were strong, specially with drones and fast units in general. I'm fine the way they work atm, and not like Soviets aren't strong anyway to rely on them.

#179 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Iron guard is great.

Problem is im too busy making Industrial Plant to bother with Iron Curtain and then make Iron Guard as well

8QTUrX0.png

#180 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

fast Iron Curtain is a must against Foehn and really good against epsilon ofc it depends on play styles and other things but when I have the IC up -and I normally build one- I don't feel the necessity of building Iron Guard.
It is also a rare sight in MP since 3.3.2 which is sad. 3.3.0-1 IG was broken ofc

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users