• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#141 GoodGame1324

GoodGame1324
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

How about this nerf to pteranodons: Nerf the build speed

That way, it takes longer for the coronia player to amass too many pterandons in which they just roll over any sort of vehicles. With a build speed nerf, even factions with lackluster anti air can keep up with enough AA to combat the coronia death cloud of pterandons. 

I haven't really played many games against coronia as people are decent enough to not use it seem to know it is OP, but with all this fuss about this unit I think nerfing the build speed would be good as it doesn't take away the unique properties of this unit (eg, AOE, anti-tank, flying), but it makes it harder to spam. 

#142 XoGamer

XoGamer

Strategically Losing

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  i won already

Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

With all the (rightful) whining about Foehn, I can foresee mental Omega's lifecycle. Right now it seems very similar to Yuri's Revenge. A faction that is based on niche technologies, and has very expensive but elite units, has map control handed over to them on a silver plate...Sooner or later, I think Foehn will receive the Epsilon treatment. But it took three iterations of Mental Omega to make Epsilon the truly unique but still balanced faction that it is. I wonder how much Foehn will resemble its original self when it will be balanced properly?

Can't wait for Insane Gamma: Almost Perfect Mental Omega mod, that by its third release will finally have the Foehn balanced, but adds a fifth side that's completely OP.

And don't forget about Delirious Epsilon, when we'll come full circle and Epsilon will be OP as the dickens again.

nah at least Epsilon has little "brute strength" (besides ironicly brutes and some others) as their tanks, infantry etc. can be easily destroyed in comparison to Soviets for example, whose tanks are far tougher than the other factions. For Yuri to win, he has to either spam or use guerrilla tactics in order to get at the enemy.

"I cast a deadly shadow." - Apocalypse

#143 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:50 PM

The problems with Godsbanes "resetting" your army could be solved by reworking the stun mechanic to be a significant movement speed and ROF debuff.

#144 TrollWarlord

TrollWarlord
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

How about this nerf to pteranodons: Nerf the build speed

That way, it takes longer for the coronia player to amass too many pterandons in which they just roll over any sort of vehicles. With a build speed nerf, even factions with lackluster anti air can keep up with enough AA to combat the coronia death cloud of pterandons. 

I haven't really played many games against coronia as people are decent enough to not use it seem to know it is OP, but with all this fuss about this unit I think nerfing the build speed would be good as it doesn't take away the unique properties of this unit (eg, AOE, anti-tank, flying), but it makes it harder to spam. 

Nerfing the Pteranodon's build speed won't help. Sure it should delay the player in amassing them, but you can't stop the inevitable especially in larger mapas.

#145 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:20 PM

With all the (rightful) whining about Foehn, I can foresee mental Omega's lifecycle. Right now it seems very similar to Yuri's Revenge. A faction that is based on niche technologies, and has very expensive but elite units, has map control handed over to them on a silver plate...Sooner or later, I think Foehn will receive the Epsilon treatment. But it took three iterations of Mental Omega to make Epsilon the truly unique but still balanced faction that it is. I wonder how much Foehn will resemble its original self when it will be balanced properly?

Can't wait for Insane Gamma: Almost Perfect Mental Omega mod, that by its third release will finally have the Foehn balanced, but adds a fifth side that's completely OP.

And don't forget about Delirious Epsilon, when we'll come full circle and Epsilon will be OP as the dickens again.

nah at least Epsilon has little "brute strength" (besides ironicly brutes and some others) as their tanks, infantry etc. can be easily destroyed in comparison to Soviets for example, whose tanks are far tougher than the other factions. For Yuri to win, he has to either spam or use guerrilla tactics in order to get at the enemy.

I thought the appearence of new anti infantry units such as the Riot Trooper or the Zorbs have made Brute spam all but obsolete?

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#146 XoGamer

XoGamer

Strategically Losing

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  i won already

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

haha obviously haven't met Rahn yet

"I cast a deadly shadow." - Apocalypse

#147 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:40 AM

The problems with Godsbanes "resetting" your army could be solved by reworking the stun mechanic to be a significant movement speed and ROF debuff.

IMO it's actually intended for the fiber to stun its target(s), so that it could be used to free units from mind control.

Edited by PACER, 28 January 2018 - 02:41 AM.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#148 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:43 AM

I thought the appearence of new anti infantry units such as the Riot Trooper or the Zorbs have made Brute spam all but obsolete?

Brute/Bloa spams is for t2 apparently. gl doing the same after the enemy reaches t3 and gains access to specialized anti-infantry.

#149 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

IMO it's actually intended for the fiber to stun its target(s), so that it could be used to free units from mind control.

All the more reason to rework that really. They're the only faction with capability to shrug off Epsilon's Mind Control aside from killing the controller

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#150 Cule_R

Cule_R
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:40 PM

the only faction with capability to shrug off Epsilon's Mind Control aside from killing the controller

Aren't Allies able to do it with ChronoLegionnaire? I mean - technically, the "controller" can be left alive by shifting CL away. Also can be done by Irritator (but only if there are any mind-controllable units nearby, no matter who owns them) and (maybe - Haven't tested yet) by Deviatress (at least Adepts can be "confused", haven't tested with Elites and MasterMinds)

#151 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

Chrono Leg doesn't have AoE nor does it have the range and ridiculous HP of Godsbane tho.

So they can't really shrug it off. Not as much at least

Edited by Handepsilon, 28 January 2018 - 04:47 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#152 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

Aren't Allies able to do it with ChronoLegionnaire?

Thats the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

Its 100x easier to just kill the MC unit, Allies are more than capable of doing that with the Anti-Infantry equipment they have available. Clegs are too expensive and too vulnerable in that scenario, even against Masterminds.

In terms of removing the Godsbane stun to infantry, its a cool idea I would like to see tried out.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#153 Cule_R

Cule_R
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

Thats the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

I've just pointed that there ARE other possible ways to remove mindcontrol without killing the controller. CLs are very situational in any way, but (you can interpret it as "when my enemy is stupid enough to leave those precious Adepts alone in his base, while they are also controlling something really, really valuable and dangerous for your foe's army") they can be used outside of the box.

#154 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

Most of the time its not worth trying to stun/disable the MC unit and its substantially easier to just blow it up.

Only exceptions are Giants/Godsbanes stuns, clairvoyants & EMP (On Masterminds)

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#155 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

G.I IFVs need to be nerfed still.

Petradon still needs a 50 strength reduction to bring it in line with the Thor.

Don’t troll us with buffs like the Sniper minimum range removal please, thank you.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#156 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:59 AM

https://youtu.be/F1QGmpoZ3qU?t=2m34s

I rest my case.

(Shameless self promotion but hey)

Edited by JackoDerp, 01 February 2018 - 02:00 AM.

8QTUrX0.png

#157 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

So far i conclude that a GI IFV and god/giantstbane are long overdue for nerfs

Virus and sniper also are in need of buffs

many people want to see ptera further nerfed in some way

many people want a blasticade change

many people want a further rocketier buff. 

Am i reading you all right?

#158 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

Viruses don't need a buff, they got a nerf in 3.3.2 or 3.3.1 I think and ever since I haven't heard a single complaint about them. 

#159 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

No, the idea about Viruses was that they need a buff against Giantsbanes and Godsbanes specifically. On second thought, I'd also consider buffing them against Zorbs. Last time I checked they did not die in one shot, and their rapid self healing allows them to facetank Viruses without a problem.

Edited by Divine, 01 February 2018 - 02:04 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#160 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 01 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

No, the idea about Viruses was that they need a buff against Giantsbanes and Godsbanes specifically. On second thought, I'd also consider buffing them against Zorbs. Last time I checked they did not die in one shot, and their rapid self healing allows them to facetank Viruses without a problem.

Without Petras Coronia will be hardly as OP as it is now. Zorbs require T3 and are quite expensive to spam. In addition they require a sync to auto-heal, it's not so unacceptable for a blob to tank a virus.

btw am I the only one who considers zorbs' deploy ability underused?

Edited by PACER, 01 February 2018 - 03:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users