Discuss.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

If Observers do receive the ability to see production and money of any player, there is the possibility of cheating (i.e. ghosting, telling one player about money/production of another). While other games I've played solve this by adding a time delay to Observers so live game information cannot be shared accurately, this doesn't seem to be the case in Mental Omega.

hT8PHUN.gif

#3 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

- nerf: Pteranodon speed decreased speed from 24 to 23
+ buff: Pteranodon strength increased from 800 to 900

Pters are balanced, if not OP, in 3.3.3.
The speed nerf is insignificant however a 12% health bonus will surely devastate fragile factions such as LC.

+ buff: Demolition Truck and Bomb Buggy are now 50% more resistant to their explosions

Failed to get the point of this buff.
Demo trucks are best suited for sneak attacks. They are never meant to be deathballed towards the frontline. And such act should not be encouraged on a micro-extensive unit.
No idea how will this affect the Buggy Hunt coop either.

including improved use of various support powers

Being very curious on what the improvements will be, I'm also worried that some AI would become really disturbing is correctly programmed.
Namely CN Wallbuster, Allied Blackwidow, Epsilon Shadowring.

Edited by PACER, 23 June 2018 - 02:42 PM.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#4 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

From what I understand about the Demo Truck/Bomb Buggy buff, it's meant to reduce those chain reactions upon blowing up these volatile vehicles, especially when a sneak attack against them causes more mayhem with the combined explosions of clumped up Demo Trucks/Bomb Buggies (even more so if attacked inside the base of the Demo Truck/Bomb Buggy's owner).

hT8PHUN.gif

#5 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

From what I understand about the Demo Truck/Bomb Buggy buff, it's meant to reduce those chain reactions upon blowing up these volatile vehicles, especially when a sneak attack against them causes more mayhem with the combined explosions of clumped up Demo Trucks/Bomb Buggies (even more so if attacked inside the base of the Demo Truck/Bomb Buggy's owner).

The risk of parking blobs of Demo Trucks in the base is quite clear to anyone familiar with RA2.
Moreover so long as its use is confined to sparing sneak attacks, storing a lot of it won't be necessary either.

Edited by PACER, 23 June 2018 - 02:47 PM.

#6 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:17 PM

If Observers do receive the ability to see production and money of any player, there is the possibility of cheating (i.e. ghosting, telling one player about money/production of another). While other games I've played solve this by adding a time delay to Observers so live game information cannot be shared accurately, this doesn't seem to be the case in Mental Omega.

Actually the true observer can already see the money in the sidebar, the problem here is that only one observer gets this info. Now every observer can, in a less convenient way and with an extra feature to go with it.

Edited by Damfoos, 23 June 2018 - 03:19 PM.

#7 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

Somebody saw my IFV guide...

Nerfs to flak and morales IFV's are fully deserved though.

Does the removal of build multiplier on basic tanks mean they all build faster or slower? As a second idea could the global multiplier for building multiple factories change for vehicles compared to infantry? It is much easier to build 6 barracks than it is to build 6 war factories but they reduce build time at the same speed. Is this hardcoded for all production or can it be changed to buff war factories? 

#8 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

Can't wait to see where exactly in the timeline the covert ops will fit when I update my timeline table. Act 2 currently is much "shorter" than Act 1, feels less developed.

#9 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,983 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:24 PM

It's definitely not shorter, it just has more timeskips.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#10 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:06 PM

First you need to fix that multiplayer bugs. But I here to talking about buffs, nerfs and changes.

Riot Trooper strength decreased from 290 to 265 - Unneeded.

Blizzard Tank can no longer fire on the move - Just leave that guy.

Black Widow support power cost increased from $1000 to $1500 - Unneeded.

Hummingbird speed decreased from 38 to 36 - This unit for someone serves to discover the map, I thing you do this for this.

Chrono Legionnaire IFV range increased from 6.5 to 7.5 - This will be good.

Sniper price decreased from $700 to $650, firepower increased by 10%-20% depending on armor type - This already needed for sniper to be a real sniper.

Removed build time multiplier of 1.25 from Mercury Uplink, ROCC & Shield Command - This makes Allied factions be little bit selectable.

Rhino gets a new unique feature, it can hold Iron Curtain effects for 20% longer than other units - Yes, Rhino need a ability but not like that. We need more usefull ability, I don't thing nobody use Iron Curse on Rhinos.

Flak Trooper price increased from $120 to $150 - That was best plus for Flak Trooper, it must be cheap. Flak Trooper already weak.

Dunerider grenade drop attack previously available through deploy command removed - This ability just make Dunerider a suicide attacker, it can be maybe need a buff.

Archer price decreased from $220 to $200 - Good.

Initiate strength increased from 140 to 150 - Don't you know how powerfull epsilon on Tier 1, It just be epsilon T1 monster.

Jackal Racer passenger slot amount decreased from 2 to 1, price decreased from $850 to $800 - Hm... Is that don't effect on Foehn Origin missions? (Yunru take 2 slots)

Knightframe, Kingsframe, Lancer, Railguneer, Huntress, Deviatrees now take 1 slot in a transport - Is make them IFV combos but the real question, Gharial have 4 slots and have insade 2 Knightfrime. How can be 4 Knightframes or 2 slots?

Seitaad Ballista and Godsbane no longer stun units when using their nanofiber thread weapon - It absolutely needed.

Mastodon can now omni crush vehicles and infantry - And this makes Mastodon avenger. Don't do that.

Knightframe strength increased from 250 to 260 - Just like epsilon.

Edit:You know Soviet and Allied navalyards have a special support power, Epsilon and Foehn need same support power for navalyards.

We need more soviet buff.I find a bug need to fix, how we can train Volkov and Chitzkoi in Focus Shift (Epsilon act 1 camping) - 

Sorry for bad grammer and Discord sound.

Edited by Opus Custom Tank, 23 June 2018 - 09:21 PM.

footer.jpg

#11 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

Haven't been here for a long time because lol Discord.

Are there going to be major fixes for the map editor? for example units not appearing/glitched, map editor crashing when loading certain maps, etc...

Also is there a way to make spectators able to see cloaked units without being forced to ally players, maybe perma-allying spectators with all players?

Last but not least, I had this idea of giving hosts the ability to force ready spectators for avoiding AFK situations, wondering if this can be implemented.

Edited by siegelad, 23 June 2018 - 09:13 PM.

Let there be light!

#12 Malver170

Malver170
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:36 PM

Don't forget to fix this cliff bug on Seven Bridges

https://postimg.cc/image/3zdtwg0kn/

#13 Verthunder

Verthunder
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:23 PM

-Riot Trooper strength decreased from 290 to 265 - Unneeded. - they are realy balanced i think so

-Blizzard Tank can no longer fire on the move - hes fine now. Pls leave this guy. Its too big change :(

-Black Widow support power cost increased from $1000 to $1500 - Hate players who spamm with it... for no reason. Its makes me nervous. Bigger cost its good change. 
-Flame Tower support power price decreased from $600 to $500 - unneded. we can place it everywhere on the map. IMO it cant be so cheap to spam with it to opponents base. (mekes me nervous like point up)

-Flak Trooper price increased from $120 to $150 - That was best plus for Flak Trooper, it must be cheap like conscript please just leave him realy . 
-Archer price decreased from $220 to $200 - Perfect change I thought about it before.

#14 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:30 PM

Who remembers my long-ass essay on the 3.3.3 changelog?
Lets do another one!

* change: build time multipliers of 1.1 on all basic tanks have been removed

Nice, those things that because useless 5 minutes into the game now appear slightly faster.
Whatever.

Allies:

Spoiler

Soviets:

Spoiler

Epsilon:

Spoiler

Foehn:

Spoiler

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#15 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:44 PM

What the hell? What are wanting from my billizard? Don't remove its move attack noooooooo!

footer.jpg

#16 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:45 PM

What the hell? What are wanting from my billizard? Don't remove its move attack noooooooo!

I want them to actually be beatable.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#17 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:35 AM

It's definitely not shorter, it just has more timeskips.

I mean, that it got way less missions to "develop" it better; even if counting the finale missions. Act 1 got the majority of Coop and Covert Ops missions right now.

Edit:

If I count all known missions, including the info about the upcoming ones, then:

Act 1 got: 36 main missions (12 Allied - 12 Soviet - 12 Epsilon), 26 coop missions (11 Allied - 10 Soviet - 5 Epsilon), 1 current + 2 upcoming Covert Ops missions. 65 missions total.

Act 2 got: 30 current main missions + 6 upcoming, 10 coop missions (1 Allied - 2 Soviet - 7 Epsilon), 3 current + 6 upcoming Covert Ops missions, 3 + 3 Foehn Origins missions. 61 missions total.

Huh... I guess in the end, we will have around the same amount.

Also just to point it out: 126 missions. Holy fucking shit. That's amazing.

Edited by Solais, 24 June 2018 - 12:49 AM.

#18 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:02 AM

Does the removal of build multiplier on basic tanks mean they all build faster or slower? As a second idea could the global multiplier for building multiple factories change for vehicles compared to infantry? It is much easier to build 6 barracks than it is to build 6 war factories but they reduce build time at the same speed. Is this hardcoded for all production or can it be changed to buff war factories?

Removing miltiplier makes them build faster.

The multiplier bonus is the same for all production types. The value can be changed but the algo is hardcoded.
This can be overriden by Ares anyway.

#19 Acac

Acac
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:48 AM

Soviets are so broken in MO 3.3.3 for reasons listed above by Jacko. Nowadays vanilla RA2 feels more balanced to me than MO. 

#20 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:42 AM

Also just to point it out: 126 missions. Holy fucking shit. That's amazing.

And if act 3 appears, there could also be MOre coop and covert missions, and there could easily be 150+ missions
Missions for days!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users