• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#121 GameMaster0000

GameMaster0000
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

* change: added radar view for the player in Soviet mission 'Idle Gossip'

Please do this on 'Death from above','Peace Treaty' too, you will lost radar when you gain control base.

#122 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

Latin Confederation needed on upgrade of AA rockets on Catastrophe tanks , because without this it will be uncompetitive against some factions as a Coronia ( upgrade of Pteranodon's HP on 12% (from 800 to 900)- it's too).

Have you heard of our lord and saviour the mighty Flaktastrophe?

You can put things other than Desolators in Catastrophes, you know.

You mean weakest anti-air infantry...

Are you living in 2017?

* change: added radar view for the player in Soviet mission 'Idle Gossip'

Please do this on 'Death from above','Peace Treaty' too, you will lost radar when you gain control base.

And Thunder God too... Maybe also double check some of the Soviet co-op for it

Edited by Handepsilon, 03 July 2018 - 11:07 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#123 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

Archelons are absolutely terrifying from the Epsilon perspective, Stealthed, MC immune and Infantry annihilators. A perfect combo for a Foehn - Epsilon Stolen Tech, no?

Clairvoyants excel at having utilities outside of infiltrating. Detectors, Spy detectors, Amphibious, destroys bridges and can be nanosynced into Duplicants. Also they're reasonably tanky and MC/Radiation Immune. And CHEAP.

Salamanders ARE very powerful, but there should be an actual reward for getting Stolen Tech units considering you need two successful infiltrations since 3.3.2, and Foehn arguably have the easiest anti-spy equipment so thats on you if the enemy gets Salamanders.

Also Angelsharks and Swordfish lol on subs, and boats, and pretty much everything. Its kinda ridiculous.

From the Epsilon perspective,Archelons can be a handful,but honestly incorporating the changes I mentioned will have even Colossi of the HQ running for their lives.Same for the Reshephs.Only Dybbuk-Attackers,Basilisks and Salamanders will be able to engage them properly,as the Sonic Emitter I mentioned must not be AA.

Removing the Confusion Ray from the Salamander is the only way to make it feel properly powered.
"Just die already!"-Libra

#124 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:30 PM

Archelon is good enough for what it is. We can't have a stealth amphibious mind-control proof anti ground tanky unit with stun ability for the measly price of 2000. We have balance to consider, you know?

You also must consider that Epsilon has little anti tank air unit (Basilisk isn't even anti tank. Salamander is a stolen tech, that doesn't count) and NO air unit is capable of stealth detection. You're practically asking for an indestructible unit.

Edited by Handepsilon, 03 July 2018 - 01:44 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#125 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:43 PM

From the Epsilon perspective,Archelons can be a handful,but honestly incorporating the changes I mentioned will have even Colossi of the HQ running for their lives.Same for the Reshephs.Only Dybbuk-Attackers,Basilisks and Salamanders will be able to engage them properly,as the Sonic Emitter I mentioned must not be AA.

giphy.gif

I really do not understand why you'd need to completely change the Archelon so it kills literally everything.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#126 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

foehn has plenty anti armor; Alize, megalodon, Pteranodon, mastodon, uragan, lancer/railgunner, plasmeriser, just to name a few

#127 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:50 AM

Okay guys,I get it.Sorry for trashing the Archelon.

There is one thing I would prefer-a Gatling Cannon on the PsiCorps Gehenna Platforms.

I have a feeling the Humvee could be completely removed in the next update.

Unless the Allied Pillbox and Gun Turret and the Soviet Sentry Turret are manually operated,there's no way they run power free.It might not be too bad to completely automate them.

I am a little surprised to see that only the Allies have a basic anti-armor defensive structure-none of the other factions have anything of the sort-I hope the Soviets get something like a modified version of the Flak88,the Epsilon could use an Static Autocannon and the Foehn could have something like a Blast Cannon,based on Blasticade technology.

#128 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

There is one thing I would prefer-a Gatling Cannon on the PsiCorps Gehenna Platforms.

While ok, Gehenna's AA can get them killed sometimes, it is quite good, and there's Gatling Tank already.

whytho

Unless the Allied Pillbox and Gun Turret and the Soviet Sentry Turret are manually operated,there's no way they run power free.It might not be too bad to completely automate them.

I am a little surprised to see that only the Allies have a basic anti-armor defensive structure-none of the other factions have anything of the sort-I hope the Soviets get something like a modified version of the Flak88,the Epsilon could use an Static Autocannon and the Foehn could have something like a Blast Cannon,based on Blasticade technology.

That's something unique to Allied, just like how Soviet has Battle Bunker, Epsilon has Tank Bunker and Gatling Cannon that works for both ground and air, and Sonic Emitter which is a really good Anti-infantry AoE

Also, Pillbox, Gun Turret, and Sentry Gun are nothing compared to the power of Gatling Cannon and Sonic Emitter. Makes sense balance-wise if they don't cost power.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#129 TrollWarlord

TrollWarlord
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

- I don't really understand the Knightframe and Initiate buffs... I mean seriously you're buffing those 2 powerful T1 infantry units.WTH
- With the Sniper buffs, they can actually snipe things and that's good thing for him.
- Rhino changes, I'd say meehh on this one. I mean outside of IC effect, it's still a former-glorious-unit-turned-trash tank.
- I wonder what Dybbuk Nests looks like...
- Good thing the Godsbane and Seitaads don't stun units anymore, but I guess they should receive something especially when dealing with Psicorps and Gharials are MC-proof once again 
- I'm still not convinced with the Wallbuster nerfs. Even if the AoE was nerfed, IIRC it can still one-shot T1 defenses and heavily damage T2 and T3 defenses. Nerfing the damage vs defenses would suffice I guess.

Edited by TrollWarlord, 04 July 2018 - 03:07 PM.

#130 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

- Rhino changes, I'd say meehh on this one. I mean outside of IC effect, it's still a former-glorious-unit-turned-trash tank.

I think the Iron Curtain affinity is not being added (thank the lord)
Rhino Tanks are decently powerful tanks, but like most T1-T2 units in MO they don't compare at all to the T3 units. I have no problem with them not having a "unique gimmick" considering they're just supposed to be a damage dealer.

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#131 TrollWarlord

TrollWarlord
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

I think the Iron Curtain affinity is not being added (thank the lord)
Rhino Tanks are decently powerful tanks, but like most T1-T2 units in MO they don't compare at all to the T3 units. I have no problem with them not having a "unique gimmick" considering they're just supposed to be a damage dealer.

Ohh I see. I guess the damage buff is enough for him.

#132 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:43 PM

you can see them in speeder's Insomnia video.

#133 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:34 PM

you can see them in speeder's Insomnia video.

I'm sooooo going to make that buildable in skirmish. Provided it's possible with a simple rulesMO edit. I tried to turn the rocket launch pad into a Dybbuk Nest in 3.3.3, but it was rather half-assed.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#134 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 11:55 AM

While ok, Gehenna's AA can get them killed sometimes, it is quite good, and there's Gatling Tank already.

whytho

Unless the Allied Pillbox and Gun Turret and the Soviet Sentry Turret are manually operated,there's no way they run power free.It might not be too bad to completely automate them.I am a little surprised to see that only the Allies have a basic anti-armor defensive structure-none of the other factions have anything of the sort-I hope the Soviets get something like a modified version of the Flak88,the Epsilon could use an Static Autocannon and the Foehn could have something like a Blast Cannon,based on Blasticade technology.

That's something unique to Allied, just like how Soviet has Battle Bunker, Epsilon has Tank Bunker and Gatling Cannon that works for both ground and air, and Sonic Emitter which is a really good Anti-infantry AoE Also, Pillbox, Gun Turret, and Sentry Gun are nothing compared to the power of Gatling Cannon and Sonic Emitter. Makes sense balance-wise if they don't cost power.
The fact that Gehenna Platforms have no anti-ground weapons really hurts.They need to have at least a basic gun to defend them-I don't mean an AP cannon though.

As to why the Humvee could be removed,it's self-explanatory.Try telling me that the Robot Tank is not a good replacement for it.

Edited by Drezalnor, 05 July 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#135 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:51 PM

The fact that Gehenna Platforms have no anti-ground weapons really hurts.They need to have at least a basic gun to defend them-I don't mean an AP cannon though.

As to why the Humvee could be removed,it's self-explanatory.Try telling me that the Robot Tank is not a good replacement for it.

Gehnenna Platforms are dedicated AA, its how the unit is designed. You don't see people complaining that Aeroblazes or Sentinels don't have an Anti-ground weapon.

As for Humvees, they appear a lot in the MO Campaign & Story and actually have a legitimate reason for singleplayer missions to be in. No reason to cut them.

Edited by JackoDerp, 05 July 2018 - 12:51 PM.

8QTUrX0.png

#136 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:20 AM

I wonder what "Vision of a Distant Future" will be like.

#137 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:36 AM

In Infantry Only, the secret infantry's SecretLab.ForbiddenHouses are not properly set

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#138 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

That is not related to the 3.3.4. The dev said that there will be 6 foehn origins missions, with Vision... being the 6th. He announced this update we'll get only the 4th mission "The Great Beyond" and some Covert Ops missions.

#139 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:24 AM

That is not related to the 3.3.4. The dev said that there will be 6 foehn origins missions, with Vision... being the 6th. He announced this update we'll get only the 4th mission "The Great Beyond" and some Covert Ops missions.
I think you didn't notice that Speeder said that "The Great Beyond" is the 2nd of the 3 additional Foehn Origins missions-in other words,it is number 5."Vision of a Distant Future" is marked as number 4 on the website.And we have no idea what number 6 will be.

#140 Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna Kapsyla

The Badman

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Projects:Too Many To List
  •  Dr. Nitpick von Shitpost

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:16 AM

I think you didn't notice that Speeder said that "The Great Beyond" is the 2nd of the 3 additional Foehn Origins missions-in other words,it is number 5."Vision of a Distant Future" is marked as number 4 on the website.And we have no idea what number 6 will be.

Vision of a Distant Future is going to be the sixth, considering it was the final one beforehand and I believe Speeder mentioned that the missions being added would be between Kill the Messenger and Vision of a Distant Future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users