Photo

Patch 3.3.4 Proposed Changelog

• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#141 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:22 AM

I wonder what "Vision of a Distant Future" will be like.

That is not related to the 3.3.4. The dev said that there will be 6 foehn origins missions, with Vision... being the 6th. He announced this update we'll get only the 4th mission "The Great Beyond" and some Covert Ops missions.
I think you didn't notice that Speeder said that "The Great Beyond" is the 2nd of the 3 additional Foehn Origins missions-in other words,it is number 5."Vision of a Distant Future" is marked as number 4 on the website.And we have no idea what number 6 will be.
Vision of a Distant Future is going to be the sixth, considering it was the final one beforehand and I believe Speeder mentioned that the missions being added would be between Kill the Messenger and Vision of a Distant Future.
In that case,the Mentalmeisters need to update the Campaign section in the website-it's a bit confusing.
"Just die already!"-Libra

#142 Malver170

Malver170
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

When the update will be released? Can't wait to play.

#143 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

When it's done

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#144 fast lane

fast lane
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:41 PM

Hi everyone, I am very proud of the work done by the team for all these years, MO has become a real piece of art, the game is great as it is, but I have some suggestions after playing this game for too long:

Changes regarding this update:

-Blizzard Tank can no longer fire on the move: I get that blizzards can be a powerful AA vehicles, but this will make them weaker when chasing enemy high-speed air craft.
-Sniper price decreased from $700 to $650, firepower increased by 10%-20% depending on armor type: very good change.
-Flak Trooper price increased from $120 to $150: flak troopers need to be cheap for mass production to be efficient.
-Volkov super-EMP effect duration decreased from 40 to 30: nice cuz volkov is pretty OP.
-Nuclear Reactor build time increased by 25%: no need because most player don’t build power until they can build nuclear power plant.
-Dybbuk-Seizer will now apply a 60s long "rage" effect to each unit it captures: good cuz Dybbuk-Seizer are very optional because they are very micromanagement intensive which make no sense in late game.
- Archer price decreased from $220 to $200: 200$ very reasonable price.
- Seitaad Ballista and Godsbane no longer stun units when using their nanofiber thread weapon: seitaad is a stolen tech, so no need, like salamander you expect them to be overpowered.

Changes regarding the game in general:

• Some units do not target enemies by default and they absolutely need to be change for them to become usable: cryocopter do not target enemies even after set to guard more, there is no reason for it not to target enemies in sight without moving. Same goes for Chrono prison, it works exactly like a Charon tank, so why it needs to be to set to guard mode before it auto target enemies, I think this one need to behaves exactly like Charon tank.
  • Charon tank target a enemie who is already frozen by an other Charon tank, which make them waist their precious attack on trivial target and can get easly countered by infantry sworms, Charon tank must not attack a target earldy frozen, although I don’t know how is it easy to implement this.
  • All faction need to have a way to heal infantry like the allies (good job for making a way for any faction to repair its vehicles).
  •  I love your design they are really good, except for the basilisk (although the soundtrack is great) I hope your change the design of the aircraft and make it beautiful like the salamander or make it flying disk too like the invader.
  • Dybbuk seizer are micromanagement intensive, also when they mind control a target they go so far ahead which make them vulnerable to AA and makes the process of controlling multiple enemies takes a long time, I hope you redesign it to mind control random targets like foxtrot, or at least make it less painful to maneuver.
  • All faction has repair drone or something that do the same job, except foehn, minermit also can repair vehicles but why set to guard mode they will go and search for gold instead of repairing, can you change this feature and make it like the other subfactions.
  • Syncronins and syncronaut are useless, I have watch so many MO videos, and no one seem to use them.
  • Foehn lack transport a part of garial.
  • Foehn lacks proper espionage (I get that clairvoyant is a designer choice, but this make them less playable in single mode, and it does not affect that much multiplayer).
  • Megalodons have great design but aren’t effective, human race deescovered the fact that guns and so much effective then swords, this is why no one uses sword, and neither should Megalodons, it makes them a sitting duck for enemy defenses.(you guys are very creative, I know you can make them more usefull except dashing in infantry to kill them).
  • Sharaday need more health, but proceed with caution, it can be easily become overpowered
  • Blast furnace is pretty useless, even the AI don’t build it, (I know changing this one can be hard because a lot of maps already use it, also it is not top priority because all foehn has some other minor super weapons like boid machine ).
  • Allies power is so weak, when you disable their power, they take too long to recover it, increase power generated by turbine or make instantaneous.

Lastly, there is a weird phenomenon happens when you kill a foehn enemy sometimes, they leave a neutral duplicant,  which start targeting all infantry in maps and becomes like an epidemic (I have save games for this), you can exploit this and make it a challenge, a challenge where neutral duplicant target infantry and neutral Chrono prison target vehicles and release them, it would be fun.

Sorry for long responds, I hope you read it all, and again, the game is great as it is, these changes may make it even better, I hope you guys respond to my proposal.

#145 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:29 PM

I think perhaps Charon tanks not being able to fire at targets that are already being phased out could be implemented by messing around with parasite logic, and lots of dummy animations. Parasited units can't be parasited again, but I'm not sure if creating a weapon that fires dummy parasites without the unit itself becoming the parasite is possible.

What I mean is basically that the Charon would fire an invisible/dummy terror drone type unit, and the actual phasing would be done by a dummy animation or something like that (or the dummy parasite's warhead, if possible). Ideally, the Charons would not be able to fire on units that already have the dummy parasite inside of them. 

Alternatively, the ivan bomb logic could be used, in fact it's probably much simpler to implement it that way.

As for your other suggestions, the Clairvoyants are just fine, and there are many ways to make them actually more effective than normal spies, also, Megalodons being useless is a bad joke, everyone rightully complains about them being shielded up and making infantry as a class of unit obsolete. Synchro-things are also very useful in suprprise attacks, a medium sized blob of them attacking a building right before a superweapon or even support weapon strike can make that building go down in 1 hit- even a conyard. IIRC on one of Alstar's videos they killed a conyard with syncros and a friggin Risen Inferno.

Dybbuk-S is crap, yes. And indeed, all factions should have access to infantry healing in one way or another, at least in infantry only mode. (EDIT: as the post below mine points out there ARE healers, I just completely forgot about the Drakuv, although I'd argue that the Huntress' and the Rage Inductor's reliability and availability as healers don't even come close to the Medic's or the Drakuv's).

Edited by Divine, 12 July 2018 - 05:35 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#146 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:49 PM

Changes regarding the game in general:

• Some units do not target enemies by default and they absolutely need to be change for them to become usable: cryocopter do not target enemies even after set to guard more, there is no reason for it not to target enemies in sight without moving. Same goes for Chrono prison, it works exactly like a Charon tank, so why it needs to be to set to guard mode before it auto target enemies, I think this one need to behaves exactly like Charon tank.
  • Charon tank target a enemie who is already frozen by an other Charon tank, which make them waist their precious attack on trivial target and can get easly countered by infantry sworms, Charon tank must not attack a target earldy frozen, although I don’t know how is it easy to implement this.
  • All faction need to have a way to heal infantry like the allies (good job for making a way for any faction to repair its vehicles).
  •  I love your design they are really good, except for the basilisk (although the soundtrack is great) I hope your change the design of the aircraft and make it beautiful like the salamander or make it flying disk too like the invader.
  • Dybbuk seizer are micromanagement intensive, also when they mind control a target they go so far ahead which make them vulnerable to AA and makes the process of controlling multiple enemies takes a long time, I hope you redesign it to mind control random targets like foxtrot, or at least make it less painful to maneuver.
  • All faction has repair drone or something that do the same job, except foehn, minermit also can repair vehicles but why set to guard mode they will go and search for gold instead of repairing, can you change this feature and make it like the other subfactions.
  • Syncronins and syncronaut are useless, I have watch so many MO videos, and no one seem to use them.
  • Foehn lack transport a part of garial.
  • Foehn lacks proper espionage (I get that clairvoyant is a designer choice, but this make them less playable in single mode, and it does not affect that much multiplayer).
  • Megalodons have great design but aren’t effective, human race deescovered the fact that guns and so much effective then swords, this is why no one uses sword, and neither should Megalodons, it makes them a sitting duck for enemy defenses.(you guys are very creative, I know you can make them more usefull except dashing in infantry to kill them).
  • Sharaday need more health, but proceed with caution, it can be easily become overpowered
  • Blast furnace is pretty useless, even the AI don’t build it, (I know changing this one can be hard because a lot of maps already use it, also it is not top priority because all foehn has some other minor super weapons like boid machine ).
  • Allies power is so weak, when you disable their power, they take too long to recover it, increase power generated by turbine or make instantaneous.

Lastly, there is a weird phenomenon happens when you kill a foehn enemy sometimes, they leave a neutral duplicant,  which start targeting all infantry in maps and becomes like an epidemic (I have save games for this), you can exploit this and make it a challenge, a challenge where neutral duplicant target infantry and neutral Chrono prison target vehicles and release them, it would be fun.

Sorry for long responds, I hope you read it all, and again, the game is great as it is, these changes may make it even better, I hope you guys respond to my proposal.

Before anything else, Mental Omega is often balanced for Player vs Player matches, so do think twice.

• Some units are meant to not fire automatically is more beneficial in preventing some frustration by the player. For instance, the Cryocopter that keeps switching targets while guarding won't be as effective as a Cryocopter that is directly ordered. Another example would be Chrono Prison that attacks automatically; it would probably target a lesser vehicle instead of a more high tech one, therefore wasting its cooldown and it becomes easy to destroy by other forces while the Chrono Prison recharges.
  • All factions have their own unique way of healing infantry (Soviets has wide healing effect by Drakuvs and Apocalypse Tanks, Epsilon has Rage Inductor and Stalker's drain cannon (Epsilon HQ only) and Foehn has nano healing clouds by Huntresses, Archelon and Devourer). If they all have Medics, healing infantry would be less interesting and in some cases, does not fit into the theme of the faction.
  • Dybbuk-Seizer do not automatically mind control units because they are more strategy-oriented; As the fastest mind controller available, you use Seizers to mind control those units from the back line that are out of reach by regular mind controllers. They aren't meant to be used like a flying Mastermind that just charges in and mind controls everybody.
  • Minermites are more effective than you think. They repair each other and other units in a rapid pace. They're in a good spot right now, no need for changes.
  • Syncronauts/Syncronins are NOT useless. It just so happens that Haihead players in online play prefer pure offensive power against enemy armies, not buildings.
  • As for all those Foehn changes in their essential design, Foehn is supposed to be that new faction that easily stands out. If you are unsatisfied with Foehn in general just because it lacks a feature that the other factions have, there are three other factions that you can play as. 

hT8PHUN.gif

#147 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

Some units do not target enemies by default and they absolutely need to be change for them to become usable: cryocopter do not target enemies even after set to guard more, there is no reason for it not to target enemies in sight without moving. Same goes for Chrono prison, it works exactly like a Charon tank, so why it needs to be to set to guard mode before it auto target enemies, I think this one need to behaves exactly like Charon tank.

The reason is trivial.

A cryocopter would focus fire indefinitely on its first target, and let the others sneak through with immunity.

The Chrono Prison is not immune to mind control. Make it auto-target and expect some lol chain reaction.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#148 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:05 PM

Iron Dragon is so OP man, pls nerf it.

footer.jpg

#149 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:32 AM

Stolen tech are meant to be OP. Which is a good thing, because one, you deserve to get F-ed by them if you let the enemy infiltrate your ConYrard and lab, and two, because they provide a little bit of overkill-ish fun and opportunity to rampage in a mod otherwise very well balanced.

Although it is arguable that the Iron Dragon perhaps stands out a bit too much.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#150 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:17 AM

Stolen tech are meant to be OP. Which is a good thing, because one, you deserve to get F-ed by them if you let the enemy infiltrate your ConYrard and lab, and two, because they provide a little bit of overkill-ish fun and opportunity to rampage in a mod otherwise very well balanced.

But this is so big punishment to be tech stolled.

footer.jpg

#151 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:33 AM

The Iron Dragon is not that much OP,rather the Salamander is ridiculously OP,it seriously needs a nerfing down.

It wouldn't make sense if stolen tech weren't OP,because that would make you think whether it was all a waste,the infiltration op-it would feel less fulfilling.

#152 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 14 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

The Iron Dragon is not that much OP,rather the Salamander is ridiculously OP,it seriously needs a nerfing down.

It wouldn't make sense if stolen tech weren't OP,because that would make you think whether it was all a waste,the infiltration op-it would feel less fulfilling.

I don't know as getting the stolen tech is already hard enough that makes it reasonable for them to be "OP".

3qPyjQ8.png

#153 LordDesolator777

LordDesolator777
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  • Projects:Getting better at MO

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:20 AM

In 2.0 there was a stolen tech unit called the Decimator Tank. THAT was OP. And Purposefully so, considering it was the equivient of the Cyborg Commando.

#154 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:51 PM

In 2.0 there was a stolen tech unit called the Decimator Tank. THAT was OP. And Purposefully so, considering it was the equivient of the Cyborg Commando.

How were you able to acquire the decimator tank? Now I'm thinking about reinstalling MO 2.0 just so I can get the tank to test for myself.

#155 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:59 PM

How were you able to acquire the decimator tank? Now I'm thinking about reinstalling MO 2.0 just so I can get the tank to test for myself.
If you guys look at the Classified Tech files I attached to a post of mine,there is a unit called the Decimator-I was thinking of the Decimator from 2.0 when I conceptualized that one.And sorry,but 2.0 is now unsupported-you will not be able to run it anymore,atleast not with the new ARES DLL.

#156 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

If you guys look at the Classified Tech files I attached to a post of mine,there is a unit called the Decimator-I was thinking of the Decimator from 2.0 when I conceptualized that one.And sorry,but 2.0 is now unsupported-you will not be able to run it anymore,atleast not with the new ARES DLL.

I do recall someone getting 1.2 to run properly with Ares support. Maybe 2.0 will to fruition soon. 

#157 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

I do recall someone getting 1.2 to run properly with Ares support. Maybe 2.0 will to fruition soon.
Just "someone"?That does not cut a lot of ice.

#158 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:13 AM

Yes it was, but this is not change nothing Iron Dragon still OP.

footer.jpg

#159 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:41 AM

You can actually counter it well with Pteranodons, and Diverbee, but Last Bastion might have the short end of the stick here. A couple of Mastodon shots is enough to take the Dragon down due to its' inherently low armor, but I'm not sure how long a Mastodon can hold up against Iron Dragons.

Or if you're feeling like it, maneuver around with Lancer-Jackal, that is if the Dragons come fairly unprotected.

But really, Stolen Tech shouldn't be so OP they become a game decider

Edited by Handepsilon, 16 July 2018 - 02:42 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#160 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:22 AM

You can actually counter it well with Pteranodons, and Diverbee, but Last Bastion might have the short end of the stick here. A couple of Mastodon shots is enough to take the Dragon down due to its' inherently low armor, but I'm not sure how long a Mastodon can hold up against Iron Dragons.

Or if you're feeling like it, maneuver around with Lancer-Jackal, that is if the Dragons come fairly unprotected.

But really, Stolen Tech shouldn't be so OP they become a game decider

Raccoons are really great against Iron Dragons(Actually,any unit with damaging weapons is vulnerable).Get them close to one,keep some Giantsbanes,Godsbanes and Bisons nearby to fend off enemies,while the Mastodon does the rest.

Edited by Drezalnor, 16 July 2018 - 05:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users