#441 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:43 PM

Well, I am in my late 20s.

LIES! HE LIES! DO NOT LISTEN TO HIS FOUL LIES!

hahaha Gred, I said Creator and I are both in our mid/late 20s. you should use more discretion when quoting people.

I'm 26 and I think Creator may be a year or two older.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#442 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

#443 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:40 PM

oh man, i tried doing some models yesterday but i think it is a flop. argh, perhapes modding isn't my direction. maybe i should just sit back and enjoy the mod you wonderful people make for us for free. i deeply appreciate the work you people hvae done for the gaming community who are sick of playing the old game over and over wtihout any change. Modders you like all should be very proud of yourselves because you have done a great deed. thanks.
I'm the nut cracker, and i'll crack your nuts.

#444 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Projects:nil
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:02 AM

i want to make my own mod but lack the know-how.
well, i'm from singapore and now 15 years old. why do u require such information? i will tell you nothing else!

#445 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:46 AM

i want to make my own mod but lack the know-how.

At first it is not very easy to make a GOOD mod. So, you have to think twice before starting your project. It can take some years to complete it. It will be better for you to join an existing team.

At second, you will definitely need some skills. You need to be good modeller, good artist, good coder or good map maker. Raise at least one of your skills to top level. Otherwise it will be no any success.

Edited by Creator, 03 September 2007 - 08:47 AM.

#446 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

Well, I am in my late 20s.

LIES! HE LIES! DO NOT LISTEN TO HIS FOUL LIES!

hahaha Gred, I said Creator and I are both in our mid/late 20s. you should use more discretion when quoting people.

:thumbsupdrool: so should you!

i am not Gred :thumbsupdrool: and also i adjusted the quote when i first posted that so it made mroe sense....
but dont listen to him. he is not in his late 20s! modders can not be blessed with youth or a social/family life! it doesnt fit the pattern! AHHH!
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#447 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:12 AM

so does anyone know a good website for you to code ur own ini files. by the way, how do modders create the ini files of new units?
well, i'm from singapore and now 15 years old. why do u require such information? i will tell you nothing else!

#448 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:21 PM

:p so should you!

i am not Gred :p and also i adjusted the quote when i first posted that so it made mroe sense....
but dont listen to him. he is not in his late 20s! modders can not be blessed with youth or a social/family life! it doesnt fit the pattern! AHHH!

its your avitar, its been confusing me sense you started using it. I have to read twice to make sure you're not Gred.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#449 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:31 AM

how do i make the emperor come default with nuke tank and uraniu shell upgrade?

#450 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

Behavior = GrantUpgradeCreate ModuleTag_Upgrade
UpgradeToGrant = Upgrade_ChinaUraniumShells
End

#451 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:00 AM

thnx.

#452 AugustusVarius

AugustusVarius
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:04 AM

I am very confused.

I want to move the AMOS W3Ds and textures in regular Zero Hour, and I think that I'm supposed to go into FinalBIG, open up Contra005!.big, and then copy and paste what I need.

Please tell me whether or not this is right.

#453 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:54 AM

Yes, right.

#454 AugustusVarius

AugustusVarius
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

Now I'm seriously confused. I open up FinalBIG, open Contra, open W3DZH, and I go down to avamos, and I select it, however the copy, cut, and paste buttons are greyed out. Do I need to dl gmax and set it as a viable editor? Or am I just doing something stupid?

#455 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:18 AM

Yes, you are doing something stupid.

You have to extract these files:
avamos.w3d
avamos_d.w3d
avamos_e.w3d
and place them into "/ Zero Hour / Art / W3D / " folder.

Then you have to extract
avamos.dds
avamos_d.dds
avamos_e.dds
and place them into "/ Zero Hour / Art / Textures / " folder.

Then you have to extract CyberneticGeneral.ini file and and copy-paste required code for AMOS. Read some tutorials about how to add new units first. It is not simple copy-&-paste work. You will need to copy buttons, images, descriptions, weapon, mortar shell for AMOS and so on.

Edited by Creator, 14 January 2008 - 08:20 AM.

#456 AugustusVarius

AugustusVarius
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:12 AM

Thanks Creator. I don't have a lot of experience editing the code by hand, but I have used TibEd 2, which is about as close as it gets (all it has is some drop-down menus and a sidebar organizer). Problem with Tib2 is that you can't fully edit the w3d and texture. I'll check out some tuts though.

#457 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:49 PM

how does 1 give the emperor a default gatt. cannon

#458 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:38 AM

Copy gattling cannon creation code from Overlord. You will recognise this part of code easily. It is written there "UpgradeGattlingCannon", "OCL_OverlordGattlingCannon" and so on. Also you have to add gattling cannon build button to Emperor command set. Again, copy it from Overlord command set.

Edited by Creator, 20 January 2008 - 07:39 AM.

#459 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

so what exctly do i copy and where do i paste it?

#460 for russia!

for russia!
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  •  AKA AZZKIKR

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

sorry for double posting but how do i give the inferno cannon capable of firing napalm and HE shells? separately. like Napalmshell weapon and Bomb weapon. with commandsets and everything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users