• 98 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:48 PM

... the english is JAG Panther ...

didn't know that :p

'work in progress':
Posted Image

any suggestions?
Fear leads to anger.. anger leads to stress.. stress leads to doobies.. and doobies leads to twinkies.
Posted Image

#82 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:12 PM

acctuly JAGD Panther (what means hunting panther) is the german name for the tank

and the mammoth tank for GLA shuld have GLA addons,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool trivia about the name...

no addons for the mammoth... I started out giving it addons, I even made a command set that has them, and all the code is there already, but I decided NO...

it is not supposed to be AS powerful as an overlord... it has the same armor, same speed, and an ALMOST identical gun, but it will not get all the gravy china upgrades or addons. this is still a GLA unit and it should not be allowed to be truely as strong as the overlord.

any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very sweet so far. I like it.

a round hatch on top would look good. and a port for the driver to look out of. and maybe scale the cannon down by .05 it looks hella good though, can't wait to see it with the skin finished.

make sure you include exhaust bones a those pipes... this baby should chug black smoke.

Edited by Pendaelose, 25 June 2005 - 01:19 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#83 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:01 PM

theres a gap at the back of the tank. but the rest is fine.

Posted Image

#84 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

the latest exoploit

Edited by Pendaelose, 25 June 2005 - 03:43 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#85 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:00 PM

The RattleSnake:
like the cokroach its a fusion betwen 2 tanks but instead of scorpion and dem truck, its a fusion beatwen the scorpion tank and the toxic tractor.
+:
2nd gun (it has a addional toxic gun and becomes very efective against infantry).
slavage drop (both cannons get upgraded).
Special (can change beatwen toxic and acid spraying) .
-:
cost (becose of the cemicals it becomes a bit more expencive than a normal scorpion).
-No rocket (becose of the toxic containers theres no romm for the rocket).
or
Speed (becose of the toxic containers it becomes slower).-

i made this pic out of the scorpion, some toxic tractor parts and a part of the trop crawler (a custom part would be beather).

P.S. Its meant for the Cem Gen.

Edited by Gredinus, 25 June 2005 - 04:07 PM.

Posted Image

#86 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

The RattleSnake:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not bad... you need to learn to use G-Max (its free) you can cut and paste models in almost the same fasion.

check out http://the3rdage.net/tools.php and http://www.proclone.net/

they'll teach you all the basics and get you all the tools.

If you give it a try and hae any questions put them in the modding Q&A, but suffestions are always welcom here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:06 PM

there this is what i made in G-Max.
it needs codeing, a skin and moustlikely theres a error in it.
so chek the model then code it and i ask viator if she can skin it.

P.S. One barrel shuld be toxic and one acid (on the texture)

"the model was buged."

Edited by Gredinus, 26 June 2005 - 05:38 AM.

Posted Image

#88 prophet of the pimps

prophet of the pimps

Leader of the Shockwave Minions

• Project Team
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:50 PM

Why does Air Force gen have Artillery unit. it is already too powerful with all those toys the artillery makes it just too powerful. i suggest removing it.
"I wanted to be a neo-deconstructivist but Mom wouldn't let me"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#89 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

Why does Air Force gen have Artillery unit. it is already too powerful with all those toys the artillery makes it just too powerful. i suggest removing it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree. Aif had NOTHING but air... Tank general has SOME aircraft, infantry general has SOME armor... airf had squat and was unable to defend there own base from infantry attack. a few cool toys that cost as much as 15 other units from another general... Air needed atleast a small ground presense. The artillery is fairly weak and offers only a supporting role while staying failry expensive. Most of all it provides base defense and limited staying power on the ground durring an attack.

Airf was not at all too powerful. the AI is tough because of big money cheating by the AI. not because the general is overpowered. Every general has a strong and effective Antiair system. If you use this I promis you can shoot down his planes by the dozens.

Edited by Pendaelose, 25 June 2005 - 11:18 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

and what abaut the model that i made?
ou sorry i found a bug ill fix it soon

Edited by Gredinus, 26 June 2005 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

#91 viator

viator
  • Project Team
  • 98 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:04 AM

... i ask viator if she can skin it.

HE can :dry:

WIP:
Posted Image
Fear leads to anger.. anger leads to stress.. stress leads to doobies.. and doobies leads to twinkies.
Posted Image

#92 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:34 AM

hehe i knew that would happen :dry: (thought that you where a girl becose of the pic)

the models is good but the skin needs to be more GLAish.
Finnaly i got both versions to be bug free: here are the light version (no rockets) and the heavy version (with rocket, biger and slower)

RattleSnake files

Edited by Gredinus, 26 June 2005 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image

#93 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:50 PM

hehe i knew that would happen :p (thought that you where a girl becose of the pic)

the models is good but the skin needs to be more GLAish.
Finnaly i got both versions to be bug free: here are the light version (no rockets) and the heavy version (with rocket, biger and slower)

RattleSnake files

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll have to check it out... ...

... i ask viator if she can skin it.

HE can :dry:

WIP:
Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it look sgood, but its missing something small... some frilly detail.. I'm not really sure what. maybe check out a varety of other GLA vehicles and see what they use as non esential details, maybe blocks on the side, or a feul tank... I'm not sure exactly what... but the body and baic skin does look prett good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:56 PM

and what do you think abaur my models?

Posted Image

#95 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

and what do you think abaur my models?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like them both, came out very good. they might need a re-compile though. I don't think ZeroHour can use model names that have spaces in them, and if you rename a file it doesn't show up in zerohour, it has to compile the first time with a correct naming convention.

but the models do look cool. I'll recompile the GMAX save myself and see if I can load them into the game and give thema swing. probobly split them up to differnt generals, and I like the body on the large enough I'll make a copy stripped of its turrets and use it as a foundation for other supprt units. maybe give assault all tracked versions of the standard units, the same way infantry has all wheeled versions.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Projects:trying

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:09 PM

nice models but the skins are not gla :dry:

#97 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:58 PM

for the large one i think you will need to fix some stuff becose the tank that i used is acctuly turned orund to fit my needs.
(chem gens acid tank)

and i figured out that moust likely you will have to remove the rockets from the heavy version becose generals supports only 2 weapons (corect me if im wrong).

P.S. you can use the sounds from the toxic tractor. (i think that they fit the most)

Edited by Gredinus, 26 June 2005 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

#98 Guest_Kagenaski_*

Guest_Kagenaski_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:15 AM

Ya know...since I guess we are just throwing out suggestions. Ive been playing your mod of the Contra mod for awhile now, Pendalose with a bunch of buddies... :dry:

and in addition to GLA needing some love, I think Laser does too :p

since Laser general is pretty plain...and its been awhile since it got any new units..
Plus some of the units seem fairly week in comparision :) to the other generals

#99 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:31 AM

Ya know...since I guess we are just throwing out suggestions. Ive been playing your mod of the Contra mod for awhile now, Pendalose with a bunch of buddies... :dry:

and in addition to GLA needing some love, I think Laser does too :p

since Laser general is pretty plain...and its been awhile since it got any new units..
Plus some of the units seem fairly week in comparision :)  to the other generals

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is true. GLA's need of love is well known and is the next big project. Laser USA I've not realy thaught about though. I don't really know about indevidual units, but their AI is one of the toughest around. I've watched laser thrash tank in just a few minutes in a AI one on one.

I've thaught a little bit about what to give them and its a tough list to add to. Maybe a USA super heavy tank of some kind would be very nice. I've not given it thaught before, bit I will now that you've mentioned it.

GLA is the next target on the list. Assault first, then Demo. Its tough to say exactly what they need, but I will find something that makes them tough enough to hang with the other generals. a few new tanks and some heavy base defenses will be a start.

I don't think stealth needs much in the way of new units, but I think more new abilities are called for. Maby somehting like old airf genereals start center carpetbombing, stealth can get a palace sneal attack... its just an idea though, but I promis they will be recieving more love.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#100 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:30 AM

To be honest, I don't actually think they need anything. I was playing the against the GLA yesterday and they seemed just about near perfect. As for the idea bout the mammonth tank for the GLA assault, i don't think it really needs to be there. Although I do think that their base defences are really weak compared to USA and China.

A USA super heavy tank? Well its an idea.. :dry: although... they have the omega cannon which is kinda heavy even though its armor is weak.

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users