Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:58 AM

are you sure that your playing contra?
becose tryed ut some hardcombinations and gla always lost.
1on1.

they have a poor ai, are underpowerd in fire power and they have a week defense.

Posted Image

#102 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Projects:trying

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:00 AM

gredinus it support 3 weapons primary secondary tertiary

#103 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:25 AM

are you sure that your playing contra?
becose tryed ut some hardcombinations and gla always lost.
1on1.

they have a poor ai, are underpowerd in fire power and they have a week defense.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I was. 4 GLA Assault Generals all allied vs me, usually I play 7 AI vs me. I was the nuke general and well I didnt last too long... Normally I can hold out easily... but their rush in the beginning was just overpowering... or maybe its just I'm not as good as I used to be... :lol:

Edited by alpha86, 27 June 2005 - 10:26 AM.

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

#104 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:53 AM

ou their rushes. the problem is that they need to much time to set things up.so you can destroy them before they get to a rush and if you have a strong defence they are powerles.

i saw how the flame gen owned the assult gen 1on1.
gla builds to slow and dosent have enught beef.

the option are:
is to give them more power (what we are trying to do)
speed up the bulding time for every thing
make the AI smarter (thats a moust)

Posted Image

#105 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

As for the Assault General, i think his style is like combining the existing gla technology to create new things. Like the Destroyer and the new Marauder.

Some suggestions that fit this style:

- New stinger site. Right now this is the WORST defense in the entire game. I tried give a secondary weapon to the stinger soldiers, but come out unbalanced. :(

- Beefed up scorpion. Like with a mortar upgrade at his back (need to buy for each one), dunno.

- Better marauder. The new one is still very weak. Maybe putting the price up, and giving him the first crate upgrade for free and more health, like 700.

- Take out his missile buggy. The Katyuska is good enough. I know every team should have early artillary units, but the missile buggy should not be it.

I play most gla, so this is what i feel when playing it.

#106 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:55 AM

if you didnt see im working on designs (and some models) for the GLA.

they where and are my favorite side but i cant play with them becose they are to week.

Posted Image

#107 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:10 PM

Yeas, i've saw it. Good ones. Just a feedback for you: they lack that "scrap but strong" look of the assault general, try giving some bars in the front of the tanks, like was already said.

#108 viator

viator
  • Project Team
  • 98 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:13 PM

i have really no concept how to make this skin to look more like gla :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
:p
Fear leads to anger.. anger leads to stress.. stress leads to doobies.. and doobies leads to twinkies.
Posted Image

#109 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:17 PM

its awsome. and your question abaut how to meake it more glaish, reamamber that they make their tanks out of scrap. so the skin needs some damage to it from the begining.

P.S. will you skin my tanks to? (H and L version of the rattlesnake tank)

Posted Image

#110 viator

viator
  • Project Team
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:26 PM

sure :lol:
Fear leads to anger.. anger leads to stress.. stress leads to doobies.. and doobies leads to twinkies.
Posted Image

#111 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:33 PM

Try to put some "nails", soldering and rusty, to give the impression that it's made of parts and iron plates.

#112 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It actualy looks pretty darn good. The symbol on the side helps alot. it could use a few more touches, but I'd use it like it is. need to remember its going to be small on screen. no sense in adding tons of tiny poly's that won't get noticed.

looking rough doesn't mean it needs to look like scrap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw you used chunks of exsisting tanks... your model is already skinned. I've not had a chance ot load it up in game, but when I do I'll tell you how they are.

As for all the talk about GLA... theres nothing wrong with the AI... they have the same as every one else. the problem is simple. Tank for tank they are weaker than US and China. Base defense for base defense, they are weaker than US and China. Even thier superweapons are weaker. They just don't have any edge over the enemy.

I don't think the stinger needs replacing.. a little more kick and a much lower price will fix that one problem. GLA still needs a strong line of heavy defenses on par with with everyone else's heavy sites. i've got one or two ideas that can be used on most generals. the idea is take tanks that are good at what they do and turn them into turrets. one or two of these per general and they will have a rock solid line. that alone wil make them much much more formidalbe.

also, because pretty much all there units are weaker than thier couterparts I do plan to reduce the build time on pretty much everything GLA.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#113 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:48 PM

I think the Stinger Site need upgrades:
- auto-repair, like the defense site. Maybe make it granted when the user buy the junk repair, and the stinger soldiers need to auto-heal too.
- allow the user to select stealth upgrade, stealth detection, or that thing the the command center has (leaving the units redish and better).
- lower price

And about the demo tank, that cluster explosion is terrible bad!! If one of my tanks is destroyed, it kill every other tank around it, and this keep going destroying all my tanks. Maybe if is does not affect my own units... Or the demo could have explosive protection upgrade (50%)...

#114 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

I think the Stinger Site need upgrades:
- auto-repair, like the defense site. Maybe make it granted when the user buy the junk repair, and the stinger soldiers need to auto-heal too.
- allow the user to select stealth upgrade, stealth detection, or that thing the the command center has (leaving the units redish and better).
- lower price

And about the demo tank, that cluster explosion is terrible bad!! If one of my tanks is destroyed, it kill every other tank around it, and this keep going destroying all my tanks. Maybe if is does not affect my own units... Or the demo could have explosive protection upgrade (50%)...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the idea for the stinger site is pretty cool... I dunno about putting it on the stinger, but I will for sure use it on another structure. upgrading abilities instead of weapons is a very good idea.

I've never tried the demo upgrade you mentioned but that does sound really really horrible... th only catch with that damage resistance is so many weapons in the game use explosion type damage. its a catch all that does near equal damage to all armor types... it doesn't always match what it looks like is shooting at it. a good example. you upgrade your tanks so you don't blow yourself up, but now you are imune to retaliator fire... it might be cool to you, but the other guy will be cussing up a storm and leave hatemail posted all over the forums
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#115 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:32 PM

there is a more simple sulution for that problem. make the explosive units only explode when they are commanded to do so.

and the GLA Ai shuld be adapted to use more tanks and infantry (to use their numbers). that would make them much harder (and seting up more defence would be nice for them)

Posted Image

#116 matador

matador
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Projects:trying

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

make the usa spy drone doesnt detect stealth because its horrible when playing stealth gen

#117 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:13 PM

if stealth has more detecting abilites they will be able to shoot down the drone with ease. It can't be removed compleatly or usa will have next to nothing left to spot stealth.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#118 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

I've never tried the demo upgrade you mentioned but that does sound really really horrible...  th only catch with that damage resistance is so many weapons in the game use explosion type damage.  its a catch all that does near equal damage to all armor types... it doesn't always match what it looks like is shooting at it.  a good example.  you upgrade your tanks so you don't blow yourself up, but now you are imune to retaliator fire... it might be cool to you, but the other guy will be cussing up a storm and leave hatemail posted all over the forums

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just try it, make like 10 tanks, buy the HE upgrade, and the dirty one too.
Now attack your enemy and see what happens with your army. It is even worst when the enemy shoot your units when they are parked inside your own base, destroying every structure there too.

About the explosion protection, you are right, very unbalanced.

What dont fits its style is that toxin bullets upgrade. Maybe an "nitroglicerin" upgrade to his bullets... It leaves a small yellow field that does a small explosion after some time (maybe using that particle circle puff fx), good against infantry and tanks too.

#119 viator

viator
  • Project Team
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:26 PM

in game sshot:
Posted Image

few more touch-ups and it's done :lol:
Posted Image

#120 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:40 PM

Looking very good. :lol:
Maybe some black borders around the metal plates, like the scorpion has?
Your looks very clean yet, and the gla stuff is rusty/dirty , with a desert look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users