Photo

Skirmish AI project - preliminary Action list..

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 19 April 2004 - 01:34 PM

There are INI ways around that. If you see that bug I'll find a solution for it (have something in mind already, using a placeholder object with spawn behavior)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#22 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:09 PM

These are the INIs I have edited to give the Overlord and BattleBus the KindOf = TRANSPORT flag. For the Overlord, both the generic model itself and the Bunker Upgrade have this flag. The game wouldn't load without both having the TRANSPORT flag.

ChinaVehicle.ini
NukeGeneral.ini

Overlord
Example flag under ENGINEERING Parameters:
KindOf = PRELOAD SELECTABLE CAN_ATTACK ATTACK_NEEDS_LINE_OF_SIGHT CAN_CAST_REFLECTIONS VEHICLE SCORE HUGE_VEHICLE TRANSPORT

Bunker (for Overlord)
KindOf = PRELOAD PORTABLE_STRUCTURE CLICK_THROUGH IGNORED_IN_GUI TRANSPORT

GLAVehicle.ini
DemoGeneral.ini
ChemicalGeneral.ini
StealthGeneral.ini

BattleBus
KindOf = PRELOAD SELECTABLE CAN_ATTACK CAN_CAST_REFLECTIONS VEHICLE SALVAGER ARMOR_SALVAGER SCORE TRANSPORT

I'll be testing this but I can tell you right now, the USA Humvee has the TRANSPORT option enabled so this should work! Why EA didn't include the Bunkered Overlord and Battlebus in this and WHY it works when a real person garrisons it is strange since the rules should apply to everyone! Strange how the AI can't do it but a human player can. Hmmm..

Anyway.. if this works... MEGA CHEERS!
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#23 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:52 PM

I suggest two things - the latter is possibly the more useful one:

1. Try setting a timer to expire in 15 seconds (the time it takes to complete the battle bunker upgrade), and THEN set the team to garrison.

2. Get more information by taking off the TRANSPORT flag in the inis from one of the objects - either the battle bunker addon or the main overlord. It may be causing "ambiguity" though this may not be certain...anyway you'll get more information if you test it this way.

-ComradeJ

#24 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:05 PM

I suggest two things - the latter is possibly the more useful one:

1. Try setting a timer to expire in 15 seconds (the time it takes to complete the battle bunker upgrade), and THEN set the team to garrison.

2. Get more information by taking off the TRANSPORT flag in the inis from one of the objects - either the battle bunker addon or the main overlord. It may be causing "ambiguity" though this may not be certain...anyway you'll get more information if you test it this way.

Okie.. tried the second option: removing TRANSPORT from either one or the other.. BOTH DON'T WORK regardless which way you do it. Hmm.. Bloody weird.
It should work! I just don't get it - the troops don't start woobling UNTIL the bunker shows up. Its like the script simply can't work with <This Team> load into transports. Maybe I will have to do two teams.. Damn.. I shouldn't have to unless their is an attribute missing disallowing INFANTRY to garrison inside a bunker. Doesn't make sense.. :)

#25 RVMECH

RVMECH
  • New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 01:37 AM

heheh..you would be confused too if you were ordered to jump in a transport and garrison a building all at the same time......

#26 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:18 AM

heheh..you would be confused too if you were ordered to jump in a transport and garrison a building all at the same time......

Hmmm.. that don't make sense: how is a BattleBunker a building? Its a module similar to a Helix's Bunker or even a Battlebus. Should then not the script look like:

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Team '<This Team>' will move towards the nearest 'ChinaTankOverlordBattleBunker' within area '[Skirmish]MyInnerPerimeter'
Team '<This Team>' garrison a nearby building.
Team '<This Team>' begins hunting.

Is that better? I don't quite understand: when I look at the stats for the BattleBunker they look the same as a Helix's BattleBunker and to a great degree any garrisonable vehicle (Humvee, BattleBus, Technical)..

I feel I'm real close on this!

:)

#27 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:25 AM

LOL that was more of a typo sorry!

BTW RV once said something like "a team will not garrison anything when its state is set to AGGRESSIVE" - so be sure to check that too.

-ComradeJ

#28 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 05:18 PM

LOL that was more of a typo sorry!

BTW RV once said something like "a team will not garrison anything when its state is set to AGGRESSIVE" - so be sure to check that too.

hehe.. I'm not silly to make this AI "aggressive" when applying to direct team orders. :) I've already thought of that!

Btw.. I made the team "try to garrison a nearby building" but of course nothing.. same result.

I still don't get this "building" issue.. Where does it say in the ChinaVehicle.InI that the BattleBunker is a building? Is the BattleBus/Humvee/Assault Helix&Chinook/Technical all buildings? No. They are transports.

Lets get this going.. :tocol:

#29 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:48 PM

Hmm well I suppose you are referring to the PORTABLE_STRUCTURE
kindof.... actually I think it's only there to allow the overlord to get an addon object. Maybe you could try changing this kindof to STRUCTURE (and doing the same in the base overlord in its OverlordContain module ).. but I guess thats not the problem.

After all - since this script logic works on other transports, it must be an INI problem. Let me take a quick look ... Hmm.. looks all quite similar except the PORTABLE_STRUCTURE kindof.

It may be that the team is confused because it is ordered to garrison an overlord that has an addon object which has a bunker. Would be a bit like saying "Go into that house" and actually you mean "go into the cellar".

Anyways, try the kindof replacement, if that doesnt work... oh

BTW for which faction is this script? As far as I know all vehicles are overridden when you use a general, like when you use the tank general you have to modify TankGeneral.ini I think, and the basic China faction is the only one that uses the ChinaVehicle.ini I believe.

-ComradeJ

#30 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:39 PM

Hmm well I suppose you are referring to the PORTABLE_STRUCTURE
kindof.... actually I think it's only there to allow the overlord to get an addon object. Maybe you could try changing this kindof to STRUCTURE (and doing the same in the base overlord in its OverlordContain module ).. but I guess thats not the problem.

After all - since this script logic works on other transports, it must be an INI problem. Let me take a quick look ... Hmm.. looks all quite similar except the PORTABLE_STRUCTURE kindof.

It may be that the team is confused because it is ordered to garrison an overlord that has an addon object which has a bunker. Would be a bit like saying "Go into that house" and actually you mean "go into the cellar".

Anyways, try the kindof replacement, if that doesnt work... oh

BTW for which faction is this script? As far as I know all vehicles are overridden when you use a general, like when you use the tank general you have to modify TankGeneral.ini I think, and the basic China faction is the only one that uses the ChinaVehicle.ini I believe.

This is for ChinaVehicle.ini and I tried removing the KindOf=PORTABLE_STRUCTURE from the BattleBunker but all does is remove the 3d Bunker Model ontop the Overlord. :)

I'll try specifying it as a STRUCTURE and changing the ModuleTag KindOf=Infantry although I doubt it'll work.

Gawd! ;) This doesn't make sense!! IT SHOULD WORK! Its just plane logic UNLESS the Overlord's specs need to be adjusted so their not meant as a building but similar to a BattleBus. I just need the BattleBunker to change its attributes so Troops see it as a garrisonable vehicle and not a Building!

Btw.. Something about the BuildList tool (both Madskillz and EAs)..

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS WRONG? I simply build my base as it shows but when I go and play a game the AI builds it at opposite coordinates! (Ie. GLA Tunnels should point down when at the bottom of his base as I designed them but they instead point up!). I even tried the RotateSKirmishBases= and changed it to YES but that makes the base only marginally look the way it should.

What gives? Why is the game making things I place on the, say, top-left go to the bottom-right (GLA player is on bottom of map btw). China player ontop seems fine. BAHHH!! Guess I need a beer! :tocol:

#31 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 06:20 AM

I found the error you must know about. AI does not recognize some units.
There is "Define Objects List" entry in "Paper Work" folder. It is written:

"Vehicle: add GLAVehicleTechnical."

This is incorrect. The correct entry is:

"Vehicle: add GLAVehicleTechnicalChassisOne."
"Vehicle: add GLAVehicleTechnicalChassisTwo."
"Vehicle: add GLAVehicleTechnicalChassisThree."

GLA technical automatically transforms into one of these units with different chassises when built.

And with Combat Bikes:

"Vehicle: add GLAVehicleCombatBikeRocket."
"Vehicle: add GLAVehicleCombatBikeTerrorist."

These 2 bikes are for AI only. AI can build bike that is initially with terrorist.

Fix it please.

Yep! Already knew about those my main man! That has been a long lasting issue and ITS DEAD EASY TO FIX! heheh..

Currently working on:

1) Overlord Bunker Issues = ARGHHH! Well.. haven't tried the STRUCTURE thingy from Mithril's message above but will today/tomorrow (damn.. its 2am!! Wow.. its fun scripting when time just flies by)! :(

2) Finalizing all GLA bases! VERY VERY fun as without the need for Power Plants it makes base design sooo much more casual! Using EA's WB to do it as its not crashing on me anymore. Best to use WB for actual base design then Madskillz's app for advanced re-arrangements. I may go back and redo all the USA/CHINA bases (takes about 20-30mins to finish one base!) but its worth it. I always like to re-tweak but I want to get a beta out soon (community is fading since bastard EA decided to do a YURI v1.001 and yet again leave the community fending for itself!! :) ;) :umad: )

3) Optimization across the map! :tocol: Going back to certain factions and finding new things to redo and enhance.

My main things are getting those projects finished -

a) Overlord Bunker garrisoning
B) BombTruck Disguising.. (UgH!)
c) GLA Sneak Tunnel Team replenishment
d) Helix dropping Napalm Bombs
e) GLA units collectiong scraps (not too important - my AI largely collects them reliably ie. Throw a ton of your units at him, get owned, he'll drive through and collect them if his units can upgrade using them).

Thanx all!

If anyone can look at those above for me I'd owe ya case of Imported Beer! :w00t0:

#32 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:00 AM

If (maybe a big if) I solve the bomb truck thing you still owe me two healthy spines!

@Creator, Thudo is not a newbie - if anyone can be entiteled as "Master Scripter" its either (or both) RVMECH and Thudo.

That bomb truck thing is MEAN. It's as if it says "No I don't want to disguise". BTW the helix dropping the napalm bombs .. what was the problem there again?

-ComradeJ

#33 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 03:03 PM

If (maybe a big if) I solve the bomb truck thing you still owe me two healthy spines!

@Creator, Thudo is not a newbie - if anyone can be entiteled as "Master Scripter" its either (or both) RVMECH and Thudo.

That bomb truck thing is MEAN. It's as if it says "No I don't want to disguise". BTW the helix dropping the napalm bombs .. what was the problem there again?

Helixs for some reason won't drop Napalm Bombs. I may have something to do with the AI getting gattling cannons automatically whenever they build Helixes. Unlike human players who need to research the Gattling Cannon for Helixes, AIs come with it automatically.

Here are the scripts I have used:

On Create: (script below will run sequentially from another script)
*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Player '<This Player>' gets $ 2000
Team '<This Team>' use Ability 'Command_UpgradeChinaHelixPropagandaTower'.
Player '<This Player>' 's Team '<This Team>' all wait until Ability 'Command_UpgradeChinaHelixPropagandaTower' is ready.
100.00% of Team '<This Team>' perform Ability 'Command_UpgradeChinaHelixNapalmBomb'.

Secondary Script:
*** IF ***
Player Player 'this player' has built Upgrade 'Nuke_Upgrade_HelixNukeBomb' from Unit 'this Unit'.
*** THEN ***
Team 'Helix' begins hunting using Ability 'Nuke_Command_ChinaHelixDropNukeBomb'.

Bloody weird.. AI still hunts using Gattling. I'd like to have one of the China Factions use the Napalm Bomb to go with the "theme system" I am using. One of the China Factions will have the FIRE theme with Inferno, Dragon, MIG, and Helix+Napalm attacks! Maybe I should try the NORMAL behaviour?!?! :tocol:

#34 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:39 PM

Hmm thats strange... does the script even evaluate? Check it with the script debugger

-ComradeJ

#35 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:56 PM

Sorry for my previous post. I thought that bug was unnoticed.

Helix does not drop bomb... Bomb is special ability. Right? Why don't to use
"Use CommandButton ability on an object" that executes "On Enemy Sighted"?

Now I am wrking on this problem:

Chinese AI must build different addons for Overlords and Helixes. There is known how to order AI to build 1 of them. But how to make AI to build different addons on different units?

USA AI must build different drones and recover drones when they are shot down. The same question: drones must be different. And how to recover?

I made pseudo-random generation.
Script runs "On Create".

If (AddonValue=1) then build gattling and set AddonValue=0
Else build propaganda and set AddonValue=1

And the same for USA:

If (AddonValue=1) then build battle drone and set AddonValue=0
Else build hellfire drone and set AddonValue=1

It does not work at all. They does not build drones and addons. Why?

I'll try the "On Enemy Sighted" + set Normal Behaviour for the Helix Napalm issue!

Btw..

I have my Generic USA AI upgrade its teams with teams of Battle + Scout Drones randomly. Its a simply script.

Under the TEAM section for each team in the area where scripts are run I simply run one script: If TRUE.. Then 75% of this Team build Upgrade_BattleDrone. Then I run a second script: If True.. Then 25% of this Team build Upgrade_ScoutDrone.

I give the AI some money to do this but its only a little and it works perfectly. His units have all 3 Drones hovering around his units although I prefer Battle+Scout and Hellfire+Scout combos! :tocol:

#36 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 26 April 2004 - 02:56 AM

I think the money is the source of my problem. How much money do you give to computer? And the second question: can AI accumulate money to build something expensive later?

#37 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 04:58 AM

I think the money is the source of my problem. How much money do you give to computer? And the second question: can AI accumulate money to build something expensive later?

Basically the scripts look like this for my Generic USA (other 3 USA factions are given limited ability to create all 3 drones types but they will when they can):

Each one is run every 10secs as a Subroutine (No deactivation) under the SCRIPT for the TEAM their in!

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Player '<This Player>' gets $ 300
50.00% of Team '<This Team>' perform Ability 'Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleBattleDrone'.

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Player '<This Player>' gets $ 100
50.00% of Team '<This Team>' perform Ability 'Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleScoutDrone'.

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Player '<This Player>' gets $ 400
50.00% of Team '<This Team>' perform Ability 'Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleHellfireDrone'.

Works real well and efficiently!

And yes the money will accumulate so the cash infusion received with these subroutines when the team is created is added to the overall pot. The AI can use these to gain money but money here will stop coming in when the team is obviously destroyed.

#38 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:43 PM

Btw.. tried the Overlord Bunker garrison with STRUCTURE specified in the CHinaVehicle.ini for both KindOfs..

THis time the troops did not twitch but they didn't move either. The Overlord created the bunker but just sat there. Hmmmm..

Also tried the Helix dropping Napalm bombs with Normal State - no difference. Still don't drop da bomb! :tocol:

#39 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:09 PM

Have you told the AI to garrison a building this time?

-ComradeJ

#40 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:21 PM

Have you told the AI to garrison a building this time?

The script for that looks like this:

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Team '<This Team>' load into transports.
*** ELSE ***
Team '<This Team>' garrison a nearby building.

Maybe I'll try it without the "load into transports" section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users