#41 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Testing, Remix Alpha Testing, Learning Mapping in Hammer
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:21 AM

Well, mabye make Nuke Hunters explosion smaller...
I don't think any one could fire a nuke that size off their shoulders.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image
The hand has five fingers. Capable and strong. Able to both create and destroy

#42 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:19 AM

Well, mabye make Nuke Hunters explosion smaller...
I don't think any one could fire a nuke that size off their shoulders.

Nah, even in the 1950s Sci-Fi writers had figured out that nuke's would become man portable weapons in time.

My re-balance solution for nuke hunters is simple. They are a late game unit. Nuke China starts the game with standard tank hunters. After the Tech2 center is built and the Nuclear Amunition upgrade is purchased the Nuke Hunters can be trained.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#43 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

But in the 1950's they thought we'd go to mars and hang with aliens...
Also would it be possible to disencourage Nuke Hunter Spamming by reversing the horde bonus to weaken them when in larger groups?
(You'd kinda think that that much raditiation walking around would have adverse effects)
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#44 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

But in the 1950's they thought we'd go to mars and hang with aliens...
Also would it be possible to disencourage Nuke Hunter Spamming by reversing the horde bonus to weaken them when in larger groups?
(You'd kinda think that that much raditiation walking around would have adverse effects)

Not all sci-fi writers were wrong. I'm refering to the ones like Heinlen and Asmov who were right on point.

No, horde bonuses are not reversable for some units.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#45 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 03 July 2006 - 06:34 AM

True, True...
Worth Asking though.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#46 Invalid

Invalid
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:18 PM

what if...say...as a power, you can call in an air strike with the Migs? like, you target it, and 10 Migs fly in, and drop their payload? what If you could set which direction they come in from (like turning buildings) so that they can fly in on the enemy's flank? that would be cool.
If you can't script that for the AI, you can just tell itto make them fly in where there are the least base defenses, or just make them come in from the back.

Also, what If you could call in helixes, with tanks inside them? like, a 5 star power, you call in five helixes, two with gattling tanks, 3 with battle masters, and the free space filled up with one red guard, and one tank hunter? you could fly them in just out of range of the enemy's base, drop the tanks and infantry, and use the helixes as air support? that would be so cool.

Hey, you could also have every general have a super weapon at the 3 star level...like how the super weapons general works. like, for china, you could build a mini-nuke, that would take off, say...a third of a command center, but then when you hit level 5, you can build the real nuke-thing. You could do the same for USA, except say...the level 3 super weapon is three tomahawk missles, that together could take out a third of a command center. And for GLA, you could do... a super mortar, with 5 cannons, that together could also take out a third of a command center

how about... meh, nevermind

Edited by Invalid, 04 July 2006 - 05:19 PM.

#47 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:38 PM

what if...say...as a power, you can call in an air strike with the Migs? like, you target it, and 10 Migs fly in, and drop their payload? what If you could set which direction they come in from (like turning buildings) so that they can fly in on the enemy's flank? that would be cool.
If you can't script that for the AI, you can just tell itto make them fly in where there are the least base defenses, or just make them come in from the back.

Its part possible. You can't setup the attack angle. the only working options are nearest edge, or edge near source. or farthest corner. but the part with the migs is possible. I did something similare in Remix3, Nuke China has Flight of the Dragon, a large wing of Iron Dragons bombards an area. It uses the same code style as the A10 strike.

Also, what If you could call in helixes, with tanks inside them? like, a 5 star power, you call in five helixes, two with gattling tanks, 3 with battle masters, and the free space filled up with one red guard, and one tank hunter? you could fly them in just out of range of the enemy's base, drop the tanks and infantry, and use the helixes as air support? that would be so cool.

thats alot like what I've already given tank general. Instad of Helixes it uses huge Hoppers, each carrying an overlord. they come in, swoop down, and deliver an overlord. then fly away empty.

Hey, you could also have every general have a super weapon at the 3 star level...like how the super weapons general works. like, for china, you could build a mini-nuke, that would take off, say...a third of a command center, but then when you hit level 5, you can build the real nuke-thing. You could do the same for USA, except say...the level 3 super weapon is three tomahawk missles, that together could take out a third of a command center. And for GLA, you could do... a super mortar, with 5 cannons, that together could also take out a third of a command center

Remix isn't managed by Rank, but rather by Escalation level. MOST but not all generals have some kind of early game super weapon, like the SupW ICBM. they are usualy weaker and faster charging than the big ones, but available sooner.

how about... meh, nevermind

will do.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

I was thinking that the frenzy super power should vary a little for each general, like how the carpet bomb does. For example, the infantry general’s could cover a wider area but not last as long, the tank general’s would only give an armor bonus but be higher than normal, and the flame general’s would be the reverse, giving only a lot of attack. I was thinking that the nuke general’s frenzy would be permanent but slowly hurt the unit’s, much like overcharging a power plant. Increasing the level of this power would only make the damage inflicted be less and less, but I don’t know if this one would work to well.

#49 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

How about a MASSIVE chinese man comes and stomps all over everything and whips stuff with his massive noodles before crushing them with some sweet and sour pork and with crispy fried duck. Mmm, tasty.

#50 Ubermedic

Ubermedic

Victims Of A Down

• Project Team
  • 1,221 posts
  •  IT'S BUG FREE!

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:38 PM

How about a MASSIVE chinese man comes and stomps all over everything and whips stuff with his massive noodles before crushing them with some sweet and sour pork and with crispy fried duck. Mmm, tasty.

!?! was this really worth bringing back this topic !?!
Oh and No.
V|GO Beta Testing Staff
Posted Image

#51 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:43 AM

I was thinking that the frenzy super power should vary a little for each general, like how the carpet bomb does. For example, the infantry general’s could cover a wider area but not last as long, the tank general’s would only give an armor bonus but be higher than normal, and the flame general’s would be the reverse, giving only a lot of attack. I was thinking that the nuke general’s frenzy would be permanent but slowly hurt the unit’s, much like overcharging a power plant. Increasing the level of this power would only make the damage inflicted be less and less, but I don’t know if this one would work to well.

Saddly the frenzy code is not nearly that versitile. If it were there would be 1000 other ways it could be used behind the scenes... such as a slow damage over time weapon. It grants negative bonuses and drains health...

but alas, it is not to be,
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 ghost squad

ghost squad
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:45 AM

i have played zh a lot and one thing i know for shur is that numbers can ruin some 1s day and since numbers are chinas "tactic" y not make a power that ets tham pawn units? like for the tank let him spawn like 2 tanks at lv1 and 4 at lv 2 and 6 at lv3 at the war factory the nuke would get some thing with doing wit nukes and inf would double the amount of troops u get and flame can get infeno or dragon tanks

#53 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:54 AM

i have played zh a lot and one thing i know for shur is that numbers can ruin some 1s day and since numbers are chinas "tactic" y not make a power that ets tham pawn units? like for the tank let him spawn like 2 tanks at lv1 and 4 at lv 2 and 6 at lv3 at the war factory the nuke would get some thing with doing wit nukes and inf would double the amount of troops u get and flame can get infeno or dragon tanks

I did something similare to that for Tank and Infantry. Tank has an upgrade that allows the factories to specilize into a single tank type and build it twice as fast at half cost. Infantry has a power that allows squads to be built twice as large at a reduced cost.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 ghost squad

ghost squad
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:34 PM

I did something similare to that for Tank and Infantry. Tank has an upgrade that allows the factories to specilize into a single tank type and build it twice as fast at half cost. Infantry has a power that allows squads to be built twice as large at a reduced cost.
[/quote]

the power spawns the units out like rebel ambush, the pop rite ut of the factory like if some 1 attacked ur war factory then u use the power and 8 tanks just come rolling out like a last mean of any defence agenst the incoming enemy

#55 ghost squad

ghost squad
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

i know this is very off topic and im very srry bout it but i just needed to ask. im playing remix 2.75 with contra 3 installed but for some reason cant play 2v2 or anything higher. it crashes in like 2-3 min right when i built my supply center. can u help me and again im srry bout being off topic.

#56 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

i know this is very off topic and im very srry bout it but i just needed to ask. im playing remix 2.75 with contra 3 installed but for some reason cant play 2v2 or anything higher. it crashes in like 2-3 min right when i built my supply center. can u help me and again im srry bout being off topic.

you should have dropped this in the bug reporting area... but the answer is much simpler... you can't have Contra AND Remix installed... thats what's causing your crash. you need to remove one to play the other.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 CPT.TIKER

CPT.TIKER

title available

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:46 AM

what about a general power that can whip out a headquater?
I was thinking a really concentreated missile attack with the amount of missile increasing as u go into higher level(like the artilltry barrage)
This power could be good for whipping out base defense and large amount of troops.(maybe replacing the arrtillary barrage)
Another idea is 10 transport planes drop 50 soldiers(25 red guards,25 tank hunters)

#58 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:17 AM

what about a general power that can whip out a headquater?
I was thinking a really concentreated missile attack with the amount of missile increasing as u go into higher level(like the artilltry barrage)
This power could be good for whipping out base defense and large amount of troops.(maybe replacing the arrtillary barrage)

I've already created a powers similare to that. For Robot general there is an aditional rank of A10 strike available at rank5. 5 A10s will come in and destroy almost any building. There are a couple other 4 rank powers for other generals.

Another idea is 10 transport planes drop 50 soldiers(25 red guards,25 tank hunters)

already setup as a Rank5 power for Infa china.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:16 AM

But infantry has not been done yet along with gla :lol:
so i think you mean its being done heh

time for :umad:
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#60 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:18 AM

But infantry has not been done yet along with gla :lol:
so i think you mean its being done heh

time for :umad:

actualy I've coded some on infa. the last version had very little ready to go in game, but the power had been created, just not emplemented.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users