#42 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

Ah, yes sorry. They are buildable from the Republic faction, as you can see in the faction lists.

A site update: The site maker said he would try to get it finished by this weekend, but most of us have finals, so that may be hard to pull off. Remember: Site = update.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 sauron

sauron
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:20 PM

Yeah those :lol:
I'm not really a Star Wars fan, I've only seen Star Wars 3 the Revenge of the Sith, but this mod seems really good and the stuff I've seen in the film seemed cool.
Oooh will there be the lizard thing one of the jedis rides on? A giant lizard kind of, which there was in Star Wars 3?

Site will be finished by this weekend? You meen :O tomorrow then? And site=update=update for mod? :O

#44 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

I plan on making Boga (Obi-wan's lizard mount) for the Utaupau campaign mission. But the campaign will be released after we are done and released with the normal skirmish version. And hopefully the site will be finished by this weekend, but if you read my post above, we have finals, so it may not be by then.

And what I meant by Site = Update was: I havent really had an update yet, just a few teasers. We will release a formal update when the site is up, with the Battle Droids that the majority of the people wanted.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:31 PM

I cant wait for this mod. And I hope that you get this done soon but one thing that I wanna know how much those spaceships and all those things are gonna take CP?

#46 sauron

sauron
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:38 PM

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me :lol:

#47 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:41 PM

I think that by CP you mean commandpoints. Well, I will be changing a ton of things in the game, so the feel will be totally different. Command points will not be higher, as they are pretty high already.

For example, one of the things that I found while exploring the weapon.ini was clip sizes. One of the advantages clones have over droids is that they have a larger clip size. This means that they can shoot off more quick shots in a row without having to stop and reload, along with the higher damage than battle droids.

I would also like to explain a little about Clone Troopers: When you first buy them, they are the Episode 2 type. They carry a DC-15 blaster gun. You can upgrade them to the Episode 3 armor, (like a armor upgrade), and upgrade their gun to a DC-17 Blaster Rifle (weapon upgrade). The blaster rifle also increases their clip size.

Almost all shots will also be able to miss moving targets. The Octuparra Droid (seen in ep 3 shooting at Ki-adi-Mundi's troops) shoots missiles. These tend to be very inaccurate and can curve far off to one side, often damaging friendly units. These things add another dimension to the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:25 PM

Sounds great. And I meant Command points. Seems like nice feature that missiles can kill own units.

#49 Ø¡¹Fear.

Ø¡¹Fear.
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:01 PM

wow i like the osund of that windu! and btw the armour you see in AOTC is referred to as 'phase I armour' and in episode the its 'phase II armour'
EDIT: I started work on the tatooine map, any chance of getting a Sarlaac pit asset made? it doesnt really have to do anything (i could place it somewere unreachable) just would add a bit of depth to the map. I need to get in touch with you somehow to get the rest of the map assets to.

Edited by Ø¡¹Fear., 20 May 2006 - 08:05 PM.

#50 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

I'll email them to you. Also, I'll ask Rockon to do the Sarlacc pit.

Totally random, but I just finished taking some very nice renders :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

two more map suggestions:
- coruscant
- wookie planet (what's the name again?)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#52 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:48 PM

- coruscant

Kashyyk :lol: Your clip size and missle Ideas are great! :lol:
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#53 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:10 PM

About minor jedi council heroes... should be purchasable randomly or somthing..

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#54 Ø¡¹Fear.

Ø¡¹Fear.
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:15 PM

Possibly even easier. Just add parts of the different jedi to Creat-a-hero section and you could make your own jedi then buy him (or her) in game. what bout that (hell im not sure if its even possible though)

- coruscant

I personally would like to stay away from doing maps such as Courascant, i thought EaW tackled them awfully if im quite honest and I cannot visualise and full scale war going on on courascant, i know it happend at some point i just cant imagine it.
MAybe we could limit places like Courascant to the campaign on smaller missions im not sure though.

Edited by Ø¡¹Fear., 20 May 2006 - 11:16 PM.

#55 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:27 PM

Coruscant would be impossible to do. As much as I would like to add it, there would be no ground to have a tactical battle. It is all made up of buildings.

Kashyyyk is already done, beautifully so, and Rockon has made about 4 variations of the wookiee treehouses. That will be the featured map in the beta release.

My two different ideas for the Jedi council heroes; it is kind of what you mentioned, Dain:
1. For the fortresses ultimate upgrade, it would build the Jedi council tower at its top (like the white tower for MOTW), and whenever any enemy unit would come within a certain area of the base ( a pretty big area) it would spawn the Jedi council members as slaved units. (Excluding Obi-wan, Anakin, Yoda, and Mace who are buildable heroes).

2. From the Jedi temple, you can either recruit a Jedi Knight, or a sub commandset which has the council members (aside from the ones mentioned above). It costs about 500 to train each hero. When trained, it costs 500 more to summon them to the battlefield for a short time. Then you have to re-summon the hero once his time is up or he is killed for additional money, but you dont have to re-train an already trained one.

I plan on doing a create-a-hero option, but probably wont be included for the initial release. The classes would be: Male Jedi, Female Jedi, Male Sith, Female Sith, Bounty Hunter, Other. Then for example, under Male Jedi there would be: Human, Twi'lek, and other species. And under Other there would be: Clone, Wookiee, Gungan, and others.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:04 AM

I think jedi knights should cost a bit more... you have Magnaguards costing more right now! :lol: Jedi were the most powerful infantry on the battlefield, but they were fairly scattered with only 1 or 2 knights per clone army.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#57 Nazzie

Nazzie
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars Ages mod

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:20 AM

actually magnaguards could take down normal jedi easily :lol: so it makes sence that they cost more as long as they can take out a jedi with ease.

#58 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:28 AM

Actually Nazzie, I think an experienced Jedi like the ones I am using (they are the council members) could take down MagnaGuards. Inexperienced jedi that werent mentioned by name would have been slaughtered. I am using council members, so it stands to reason that they should be better than MagnaGuards.

I think I will take your suggestion, Dain. How about; 900 to train the hero, and 700 to summon him.
Also, the Jedi will all have these general powers: Force Jump (at rank 1) and Force Deflect (Rank 7). The council members will be Rank 10 when summoned.

Edited by Master Windu, 21 May 2006 - 03:30 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Nazzie

Nazzie
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars Ages mod

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:51 AM

nah um whats the jedi's name cant think right now but in the clone wars cartoons the magna guards could take care of any jedi easily besides the council they were the only jedi that could stand up to the magna guards.But you should also remember that even some of the council members were taken down easily by general grievous.

#60 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:05 AM

dont use the cartoons as cannon SW lore, it was only meant to appeal to younger audiences and fill in the wait between episode II and III. ALthough some of it may be true, most of the fighting sequences are blown highly out of porportion. At one point shaak ti takes on about 25 magna guards, and she wins so that kinda puts a damper on your point there nazzie..
Also Yoda and mace crushing entire armies of droids in seconds, i think realism just jumped clean out the window..
Id have it that it takes about 5-6 magna guards together to take out a council hero. althought the council member would give them a good run for their money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users