• Projects:Being lazy.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:12 AM

hehe ill look forward to it.

#63 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:15 AM

Looking forward to these BIG BIG updates, really starting to get into the BFME1 spirit again :ninja:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#64 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:51 PM

Ohhh...I can't wait....2 days? DANG...I'm going to left Cracow for 2 weeks b/c im going for vacation trip....2 weeks....and in so small village...even I will don't have connection to internet to check out updates...DUH... :ninja: :( I hope it will be before Saturday 6-00 b/c I'm gonna left Cracow at exact time :cool:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#65 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:43 PM

lol, I'll see what I can do... no promises though.

arg...I just spent something like two hours trying to get this one thing right, just to find out that you can't even see it in bfme. oh well, saves me some time in the end. lol

Edit2: porting to patch 1.03 right now, yeah!

Edit3: um, are there any known issues caused by porting mods from 1.02 to 1.03? because my mod worked the first time...which seems rather odd to me.

-GothmogtheOrc

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 20 July 2006 - 07:33 PM.

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#66 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:43 PM

Alrighty, I got almost half of my to-do list done... I think I will be able to finish the rest tomorrow (friday) and make the big update tomorrow night.

Also, Cahik has voluntered to make some new models for me, so we'll get to see his amazing work soon :p

More info later as I have to go right now.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#67 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:30 AM

Looks really promising :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:00 PM

Plz give teh update...I have 6 hours only....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:41 PM

I know, all in good time. I have not forgotten that you have to leave. I have been working on it all day so that it will be ready in an hour or so.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#70 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:46 PM

I know, all in good time. I have not forgotten that you have to leave. I have been working on it all day so that it will be ready in an hour or so.

-GothmogtheOrc

Now that is loytaly to fans. If only EA would show such loyalty :p

Edited by zimoo, 21 July 2006 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#71 Feudal_Knight

Feudal_Knight

Pacman

• Project Team
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:44 PM

Yea thats loyalty or just being nice to people or want to see people say awsome :p . i think its the second one.

#72 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

Alrighty, the update is here and I can relax...not. :p

After releasing the isengard update I watched rotk and brainstormed for Gondor ideas. Here are a few that I would like opinions on:

1) Denethor? yea or nea? Should he be in the mod? If so, in what way?

A thought I had: denethor could be a regular hero who is very slow (walking speed only) with a very small attack. Then he could have a leadership power that gives units 250% damage, 60% speed (slows them down), and nullifies all other leadership bonuses near him (enemy and friendly) except perhaps Boromir. He could also have a Palantir power that is a two-fold power: he can see wherever he wants (but so can the enemy), but where he is is revealed to the enemy (using a double OCL/summons type set up)

Any other thoughts regarding him?

2) The Ring, Gollum, and Sauron: I would like for these three to have some place in the mod... I came up with one idea, are there any other good ones out there? My idea:

Gollum is buyable from the Mordor Citadel but is not counted with the other modor heroes for balancing (aka Grishnakh is still in the mod)... he also gets a new special power for use against Merry, Pippin, and Sam: "Tricksy Hobbits" single powerfull attack against hobbits (minus frodo as explained later).

If Gollum kills frodo (not anyone else, only counts if gollum does it), then gollum "dies", spawning a new Neutral non-player controlled gollum that hides around the level (he would have a very high invisibility and much higher health).

If Mordor finds and kills Gollum then Sauron is buyable and gollum is gone for good.

Sauron would be a very strong hero but not the end of the world (probably).
-The One Ring (Blademaster type power)
-Leadership (huge range and bonus to all troops and heroes)
-Speech Craft
-Pillage (map wide, in addition to scavengers)
-Cost Reduction for all of Mordor's units/heroes/buildings
-Bonus to Nazgul (+100% Armor, +100% Damage, and 50% spell rechage timers)

But Sauron would not have a respawn code (aka kill him and he's gone for good), and he would be vulnerable to Aragorn, Gandalf, Saruman, the Blue Wizards, and the Balrog.

??? What do you think? Is this decent, horrible, WIP? If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

That's all for now.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#73 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

i think that denethor should be in. idea of him as slow walking is quite good. you could make him to lower fear level of units in his leadership. ( so units then fear more ) and maybe passive power that makes his allies around him to run out in fear ( for example each 3 minutes ), something like when is standing on level 7 of minas tirith and cry FLEE! FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES.

idea with gollum is very good. through i think it is too complicated.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

too complicated to code or too complicated for the player? 'Cause I already know how I'd code it...

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#75 TheMasterofGorgoroth

TheMasterofGorgoroth
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

Hi! :thumbsup: (There's no wave smiley; This'll do.) I'm new here. You might have noticed. Been using some of your mods for quite a while, especially love the Gorgoroth Troll Captain one.

I like the idea of Denethor, he would make a great hero, I thought of making him a while ago, but lacked the skill, and the initiative to learn it. :p I thought maybe when he came into play ALL fog-of-War would dissapear, for both players, kind of a trade off. I don't know, though, if that would even be possible.
I like the Gollum idea, too, I always thought more should have been done with the Gollum hero. But, for Sauron, would it be possible to have him that way in Campaign, but a normal buyable hero in skirmish? (Wait... Obviously, you can't have Frodo in skirmish, can you?) Also, could a Word of Power-like death animation be possible, as well?

My two shillings. Well, bit much for shillings. My two guineas.

MasterofGorgoroth

#76 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

Welcome :lol: , glad to know you like the mods :)

I thought maybe when he came into play ALL fog-of-War would dissapear, for both players, kind of a trade off. I don't know, though, if that would even be possible.

You mean so that the entire map is visible? It is possible, though I don't know that it is a feasable power for one hero. Rather then make the whole map visible I would probably scale it down to something like the palantir vision idea I had...which I already posted lol ;) It's a good idea, just a bit to big a power for denethor in my opinion.

I like the Gollum idea, too, I always thought more should have been done with the Gollum hero. But, for Sauron, would it be possible to have him that way in Campaign, but a normal buyable hero in skirmish? Also, could a Word of Power-like death animation be possible, as well?

I don't want to edit the campaign stuff untill a later release if ever, so while that's a perfect idea for him...I can't squeeze it into the mod :p. The WoP death animation would be very easy to set up and implement. I'll do that for sure ;)

As for a buyable hero, I'd rather make sauron a special hero... perhaps make him slightly stronger and replace the Balrog Summons with a Sauron Summons (reduce the cost down to 10 say)?. Would that work if I don't use the Frodo-Gollum-Ring-Sauron thing?

(Wait... Obviously, you can't have Frodo in skirmish, can you?)

Yep, I can and am adding Frodo and Sam to Rohan. Quite easy actually.

My two shillings. Well, bit much for shillings. My two guineas.

:grin: lol, I'm afraid I don't know what a "guineas" is...

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#77 TheMasterofGorgoroth

TheMasterofGorgoroth
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:56 PM

You mean so that the entire map is visible? It is possible, though I don't know that it is a feasable power for one hero. Rather then make the whole map visible I would probably scale it down to something like the palantir vision idea I had...which I already posted lol ;) It's a good idea, just a bit to big a power for denethor in my opinion.

Yeah, That's about what I thought. Wait, could it work for a certain amount of time, then have Denethor burst into flames run forward 100m and then die? Then it could revert to normal, the Fog returning? :grin: I like fire. :lol:

I don't want to edit the campaign stuff untill a later release if ever, so while that's a perfect idea for him...I can't squeeze it into the mod :p. The WoP death animation would be very easy to set up and implement. I'll do that for sure ;)

As for a buyable hero, I'd rather make sauron a special hero... perhaps make him slightly stronger and replace the Balrog Summons with a Sauron Summons (reduce the cost down to 10 say)?. Would that work if I don't use the Frodo-Gollum-Ring-Sauron thing?

I dunno about 'Replace' ;) But if you must... Yeah, that'd work. I've just played a couple of similar things for other games, and those circumstances don't happen all that often, and Sauron is WAY too cool to never be able to use.

;) lol, I'm afraid I don't know what a "guineas" is...

A guinea is a piece of coinage worth 21 shillings. Hasn't been in use since the 19th century, but if you talk about 'two pounds' people look at you oddly. :)

MasterofGorgoroth

#78 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:48 PM

LOL I would think they'd look at you oddly if you used the term guinea anyway!

[/offtopic rants]

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#79 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:31 PM

wow :dry: some good stuff. im mad that i went on vacation
Posted Image

#80 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:52 PM

Gothmog, this has to be one of the coolest mods to date. That picture of the Minas Morgul Signal Power got me all giddy and desperate for more. (Although now I'm completely jealous. I want to be able to do things like that! *goes off and cries* :p)

You've got me into the spirit of BfME mods again, and inspired me to be more creative with my mod. Although, I have so many ideas but a lack of coding knowledge. *Sigh*

As for Denethor:
He is driven mad/uncontrollable when Orcs/Enemies are near. He could have a "Pyre of Denethor" ability which could be auto-activated when he's been driven mad for too long. He sets himself alight and runs into enemies at random, dealing fire damage and knocking them back. As the fire burns, it reduces Denethor's health. When 85% of his health is gone, the fire stops and he continues his madness, unless there are no more enemies. When he is sane, Denethor could have his huge Leadership, Palantír ability and an Experience-granting ability for units?

Just a few ideas ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users