#81 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:17 AM

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how to code that short of scripting it :p

I might try something along those lines of him catching fire and hurting other units. Perhaps he does something similar to the trolls... when he loses all his health he goes on a rampage on fire and hurts other units?

Remember that he still has to be good enough that a gondor player might want to buy him :D

I'll try out the Fire-Rampage-Death thing as well as the Palantir and leadership. We'll see if he needs more during testing.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#82 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:55 AM

i would say work on Denethor later because it seems like some of those ideas could take a while to do. work on other things first and then go back to it.
Posted Image

#83 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:26 AM

Definately, he is at the top of the Gondor cut list... but it shouldn't be that hard to code it. Just creating a double egg Palantir vision (not too hard), a simple leadership, copying the anti-leadership codes, and copying the delayed death codes from boromir and swapping the FX for a flame one. All in all, 30 minutes probably. The skin and model might be harder, but I was just going to use a walking only peasant or worker model with new skin.

-----------------

On a different subject, I am working on the AI for Isengard right now. I have switched up the way the AI buys heroes and uses their powers (should be more frequent for both) and hopefully it will be better. Next I have to set up the Crow Horde power and the unit AI. I haven't played a game against the Isen AI in awhile, are there any units it consistanly buys that aren't worth it? A friend of mine mentioned that it tended to buy alot of Ballista's and shell him to death...are there any other patterns like this? Or, are there any good units it tends not to buy? Either early, mid, or late game that it should?

I'd like to hear any and all suggestions about the Isen AI and ways to improve it.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#84 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

yes the balliatas happen alot. ive also notice that it will sometimes buy like 4 mines and send them in and no fire to blow it up. and normaly all the mines are in a group so all you have to do is shot a fire arrow at one guy and they all blow up.

#85 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:38 PM

^ me. i forgot to sign in
Posted Image

#86 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:51 AM

Ok, I think I found where it told the AI to send in two sets of 4 ballista's during "wave 2"... I changed it to just send in 1 ballista, I'll see what happens. I also changed the heroes again, lowering the required number of enemies present for use of the special powers. For example, saruman wasn't supposed to use wormtongue unless there was a threat level of 20... which I assume means 20 hordes of uruk-hai (who have a threat level of 1 each).

As for the mines, I changed the fireball code for saruman so that he targets deployed mines first... so if he is near a mine he should shoot it. I'll see if I can do the same type of thing with the fire-archers and the berserkers.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#87 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:41 AM

thats good. it is just dumb when they come with just mines
Posted Image

#88 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:07 AM

I hate ballistas :p the enemys that is :ohmy:

and when I'm turteling I have archers on the walls, and of course they have fire arrows, and they shoot the mine last, and then the mine is too close, so the archers.....boom!

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#89 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:27 PM

Well I am happy to announce that Lauri is now the chief modeller and skinner for Kings of the West. He was already doing alot for the mod, it's just now official. Lauri is also doing a few odds and ends for me with regard to coding, atleast untill I get another coder.

-GothmogtheOrc

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 26 July 2006 - 06:28 PM.

Nine%20rings.jpg

#90 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:17 PM

Hey gothmog i looked at your king of the west mod page. i notice that you didnt change gothmog the hero's model or skin. does that mean he is going to be holding the stupid torch and not a sword.
Posted Image

#91 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:56 PM

um, no. I guess I forgot to update that little bit of info :rolleyes: . Gothmog now uses a club as I recall, though he is much more of a leadership hero then a melee one. I have to do some work on Gothmog soon though as the animations he uses don't look good for him. I might change his weapon at that point...

Oh yeah, btw everybody, I've updated my site with a new Kings of the West mod info page. It's not yet finished, but I'll be working on it more the next week or so.

I have some good news: I just tested the new isen AI in-game and it bought all the heroes and used nearly all of lurtz's and Saruman's powers. Plus it didn't buy many ballista's (though I was playing on Osgilliath...). I couldn't get it to buy the crows, but that shouldn't matter anyway since the AI can see all your units all the time anyway lol :p

There was something else, but I can't remember what it was... so: more info comming soon :p

Edit: I remembered what it was: I've changed the new warg howl glow color from pink (grrr...ea) to a red color.

-GothmogtheOrc

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 27 July 2006 - 12:39 AM.

Nine%20rings.jpg

#92 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:05 AM

i dont mind that he is made for leadership. i (and many other people) thought that it was stupid that he was hitting everyone with a torch
Posted Image

#93 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:49 AM

Who minds that? I mean, look at his arm! I'll bet he killed one guy, that was already doomed, after they set off from Morgul... Madril :rolleyes:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#94 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:02 AM

hey the update says 4 new screens up. but i cant find them
Posted Image

#95 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:07 AM

They should be on the KotW Screens page... they show up for me. Are they not working for others?

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#96 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:32 AM

i see the spearmen and the battering rams. and thats all.
Posted Image

#97 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:30 PM

oh, there are two new renders of the Rhun Swordsmen as well.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg

#98 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

Gothmog, please don't tell me you're really going to give Denethor a Light-himself-on-fire kind of thing? The fact he did so in the movies was at the end of his madness, when he was on a pyre. Allowing the hero to set himself on fire is just silly.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#99 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

I agree, but there are two conciderations for me:

1) If there is a huge demand for a denethor that catches on fire somehow, then I have to atleast concider it and see if it is feasible.

2) I am still trying to come up with ways in which I can add something like that in, and yet stay true to the story. Denethor certainly won't have a power that you click the button and he ignites (lol, as fun as that might be). But I am seriously leaning on the idea of connecting Sauron and Denethor somehow... perhaps something along the lines of a special wormtongue for Sauron that only effects Denethor, and then when it's over he dies on fire. One of Denethor's key parts is his madness... so it has to be in there somewhere if he is. And if his madness is in, then the fire has to be in.

Anyway, nothing is finalized untill the mod is released. Right now I'm working to get the rest of Gondor finished, then I'll spend a day or two and figure out what works for denethor.

-GothmogtheOrc

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 28 July 2006 - 03:44 PM.

Nine%20rings.jpg

#100 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:17 AM

Update: Well today has seen some interesting things, the civil war in MEV for starters. I have to admit that I was very interested to see what would happen and as a result I didn't get alot of work done today :lol:

But what I lacked in quantity I made up for in quality. I don't have a screenshot of this yet as I just got it working and I want to refine the different parts so that it looks better, but I am happy to announce that thanks to EA I have gotten a bfme1 map to SNOW! It looks amazing and opens up some really cool map ideas that haven't been done yet for bfme1. I'm going to be playing with this the next day or so to see how much I can do with it... I've got some great ideas both for new maps and, if I can make it work, maybe a special power.

Because of this I will also either make myself or have some experienced mappers make several new maps for the mod. Minas Morgul and a snow level being at the front of the list. I've also got some things I really want to try to add via scripts and such for atleast one map... really cool stuff, but I won't say what it is untill I know if it is possible.

More on this to come later.

-GothmogtheOrc

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 29 July 2006 - 03:19 AM.

Nine%20rings.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users