#161 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:46 PM

I don't see how having armour would make you more resistant to trample. At the end of the day, you've got a giant horse charging right into you, and armoured guys won't be able to move out of the way, whereas unarmoured guys will :p

Go out and find a horse. Put a breastplate on and get it to step on you. Try that again without the breastplate on. Report back to let me know which hurt more.

*looks at all the new fortress stuff*

Kill me now...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#162 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:57 PM

I don't see how having armour would make you more resistant to trample. At the end of the day, you've got a giant horse charging right into you, and armoured guys won't be able to move out of the way, whereas unarmoured guys will

I don't know, I haven't been in such situation yet :p but armoured guy is harder to kill with normal weapons, like spears or lances. But it doesn't matter - armoured or not, units armed with bows can't stop charge and take so little damage. Of course, it depends on enemy's horse, too. But seriously, light units can't survive charge.

giant horse charging right into you

Usually, a row of horses charging into you. There's no place you can escape, heavily or lightly armoured.

Edit:What's the problem with fortress stuff?

Edited by swan, 09 December 2006 - 05:59 PM.

#163 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:31 PM

Edit:What's the problem with fortress stuff?

There's a lot of it :p .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#164 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:27 PM

Too much coding. And as swan asked before what are your ideas (if any) for Gildor? He should at least have a fear ability as he frightened away the Nazgul (something to do with a song) and a bit of leadership. But that's too similar too Glorfindel.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#165 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:45 AM

My ideas for Gildor are quite limited at the moment. Some sort of bonus/affiliation with the Minstrels... Other than that... don't know.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#166 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:55 AM

He would be kinda hard to do, I don't really see him as a fighter.
Maybe stuff like heal all units on the map, ummm... can't really think of anything else :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#167 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:27 AM

Maybe something like Saruman's ability which takes over enemy units? Called "Elven Song". With leadership, small healing power and fear he would be a great support hero. Or maybe a kind of invisibility for nearby units?

#168 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:08 AM

Or something more basic like a power that takes away all enemy leadership bonuses in a certain area surrounding him (so kinda like freezing rain). I don't know, but I use to like those pretty basic powers :p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#169 Ecthelion

Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:40 AM

He could be a scout like hero as he had been informed aout the hobbits, maybe he could have an ultimate which reveals all heroes on the map? That might be quite interesting.

#170 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, also quite "interesting" to code... :)

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#171 Ecthelion

Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:49 AM

is that a bad thing? :)

#172 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:58 PM

yup..

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#173 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:43 PM

Maybe something like Saruman's ability which takes over enemy units? Called "Elven Song". With leadership, small healing power and fear he would be a great support hero. Or maybe a kind of invisibility for nearby units?

- I like the idea for "Elven Song"... Though I may have to change the name.
- Yeah, he'll probably get leadership, and a small healing power might be good.
- Fear would fit the character, but Arwen and Glorfindel already have fear abilities.
- Invisibility for nearby units isn't possible as far as I know, unless I define Gildor as a tree...

Or something more basic like a power that takes away all enemy leadership bonuses in a certain area surrounding him (so kinda like freezing rain). I don't know, but I use to like those pretty basic powers :)

This I would do, but I haven't been able to get that anti-leadership working for a hero (not that I've tried very hard). Have you been able to do it?

He could be a scout like hero as he had been informed aout the hobbits, maybe he could have an ultimate which reveals all heroes on the map? That might be quite interesting.

And rather impossible. I could perhaps make it so he reveals small, random portions of the map with the ability, but I don't know if that's what I want to do with the character.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#174 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:48 PM

Wow, Celeglin likes my ideas again :popcorn: :) :cool:

It's a pity that this anti-leadership power does't work.

#175 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:19 AM

- Fear would fit the character, but Arwen and Glorfindel already have fear abilities.

Maybe if you take the fear away from Arwen, or make it so enemies cower in fear in his presence. Anyway, here are some ideas:

lvl 1-Leadership (resistant to fear/make units cower type leadership)
lvl 3-Athelas (heals nearby units as well)
lvl 7-that 'Elven Song' concept suits the character, so put that in

By the way, is Gildor supposed to be a powerful hero?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#176 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:25 AM

Maybe if you take the fear away from Arwen

No :p .

or make it so enemies cower in fear in his presence.

That may be a little overpowering.. Also, I tried it with Glorfindel, and it didn't work.

lvl 1-Leadership (resistant to fear/make units cower type leadership)
lvl 3-Athelas (heals nearby units as well)
lvl 7-that 'Elven Song' concept suits the character, so put that in

This is, for the most part, looking quite nice.

By the way, is Gildor supposed to be a powerful hero?

My instinct is to make him the "equivalent" of Arwen, but with different uses. However, I just don't know enough about the character (he doesn't do much to show us what he could do on a battlefield) to say otherwise.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#177 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:26 AM

Well, just to clear one area up, how would he attack?
Posted Image

#178 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:28 AM

Well, just to clear one area up, how would he attack?

That's an excellent question :p . I'm hovering over staff, short sword, or some sort of polearm... Which really doesn't narrow it down very far (well... No axes or ranged weapons, that's for sure :shiftee:).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#179 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:30 AM

Staff is looking good, unless you make him attack like Galadriel (without the AoE). Also, maybe he could give leadership to the Sentinels.

Edited by Olorin, 11 December 2006 - 05:34 AM.

Posted Image

#180 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:32 AM

Nah... Galadriel's "magic blast" is based off the concept that she bears Nenya, a Ring that was used to keep evil away from her land. The knocking-back-enemies attack is my mini version of the power of Nenya... Not an overly good concept, but it's there. Gildor has none of that Ring stuff to fall back on.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users