• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#61 Herunor

Herunor

Louis

• Project Team
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:23 PM

but why will thodred not be in? though he didn't fight in the big battles he played an important role against isengard in the early phase of the war. not as important as eomer, but he was the prince of rohan. :huh:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will,
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness,
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

#62 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

but why will thodred not be in? though he didn't fight in the big battles he played an important role against isengard in the early phase of the war. not as important as eomer, but he was the prince of rohan. :huh:

I like the idea of adding Theodred, prince of Rohan because RA added Wulf of Dunland to the Dunland minifaction, even though Tolkein did write about Theodred in the War of the Ring but RA won't add him despite your good idea because they probably wouldn't know what to give him in terms of special powers (No offense). And also all the confirmed units for already confirmed so I'm sorry but no Theodred.

Edited by Uruk King, 23 January 2007 - 05:56 PM.

I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#63 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

I've got a feeling Theodred was originally in. However there are plenty of Rohan heroes that were alive during the war.
Posted Image

#64 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

do you really belive that RA won't add Theodred, just because they don't know what special powers to give him???

now that's a laugh... :huh:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#65 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

do you really belive that RA won't add Theodred, just because they don't know what special powers to give him???

now that's a laugh... :huh:

Uh no actualaly, anyway moving on.

Edited by Uruk King, 23 January 2007 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

#66 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:40 PM

Theodred can always have the rohan "standard issued spear throw". Just name the skill something EA would name it, like Javalin or Glaive Throw.
Posted Image

#67 Alsch

Alsch

title available

• Project Team
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

Discussions over Theodred have already taken place, and I can safely say that he's not in.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

No, Jimmy Page is god.

#68 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

Discussions over Theodred have already taken place, and I can safely say that he's not in.

Most unfortunately... :huh:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 Bard

Bard

Wordsmith, Penman and Scribbler

• Project Team
  • 264 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  Rhovanion Alliance Writer

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

That darn little Prince/Second Marshal of Rohan is always the guy who gets left out of each party now isn't he? ^^
Posted Image

The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.

#70 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:04 AM

Wouldn't mind seeing him in it. He could have like a bonus when near Theoden or something.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#71 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

Wasn't he killed early on in the War of the Ring?

#72 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

I believe he was killed at around the same time as Boromir, not sure on the exact dates though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#73 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

I believe he was killed at around the same time as Boromir, not sure on the exact dates though.

Actually Theodred died on the 25th of February, Boromir died one day later, but yeah roughly the same time.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Edited by Uruk King, 24 January 2007 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

#74 messenger

messenger
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:42 PM

Wow both rules losing close family at near enough the same time, sounds like conspiracy to me.

#75 Núkumnëhtar

Núkumnëhtar

Humbled Warrior

• Project Team
  • 342 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance, Celeglin's Elven Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member; Coder/Audio Editor/Novice Mapper/Rare-time-skinner

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:59 PM

Saruman's minions did kill (or nearly killed) both of them... :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#76 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:48 PM

So, there's not really much reason not to put him in, it's just a matter of choice.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#77 Azrael

Azrael

title available

• Project Team
  • 296 posts
  • Projects:My Unnamed Mod
  •  Progressing Modder

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:23 AM

I wish Galadriel was in the mod :( But I'm suppose she would overpower the Elven faction.

Theodred? Meh, I don't think we need him.

#78 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:36 AM

I was surprised that Galadriel wasn't in the mod, and Elrond, and a few other characters (like Celeglin :thumbsupsmiley:). Still haven't found out why though?
Posted Image

#79 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

The Rivendell heroes were chosen on the basis of whether or not they went abroad during the War of the Ring. Elrond pretty much stayed put, so he could be avoided. Galadriel is another story though.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:13 AM

Well, that's half the answer. :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users