Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3930 replies to this topic

#3621 kkasll

kkasll
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

Well ,You do that , and i'll bring a shaitan with 2 overloads 2 manticore and a banshee , who do you think will win ?
or maybe an Iron Fist + Immolator and Black Lotus.
They are far more destructive and agile...

The problem would be, you wouldn't even know until Krakourt or stealthy Acid Tanks attack.

Also, GLA can always hit and run. (In case of your Tank Gen force) GLA can simply use mortar buggies running around your slow tanks while Acid eats your tanks like breakfast. And there are tactics to counter Iron Fist + Immolator (and even with Black Lotus) as GLA. In direct assault, China force is more destructive for sure. But in covert warfare, GLA is the master. You will never be able to use GLA force effectively if you put them to head-on assault like China force. You will never be able to make China force sneaky enough. If you use incorrect strategy, then it's very hard to win.

Well ,for the "sneaky" Krakourt , you just spread around listening posts then you get your "eyes" on the slow Monmouth n its friends and concentrate your def. forces there + black lotus to assist. For the mortar Buggy's, simple solution overloads with long cannons upgrade and couple of flame tanks and your set to kill.
and for taking down a Shaitan you know you need a massive amount of -GLA force-
And For the end of it...At rank 5 the game is plrobably close to an ending so the forces have to clash head to head sometime, and as you wrote china will win most of the time!
There for i thing lvl 5 gaming is not balanced . assault and poisen lack in capability !

#3622 sajezz

sajezz
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Gaitlings are useful,and nuke has early red arrows,use them together against af general.

i tried using the red arrows against air force general and they were useless as the gaitlings even both of them together in a big quantity. the were no match against him and if i wouldn't have destroyed half of his base at early in the game it would have been very hard to beat him. if i would play against a human against a human when his air force and im nuke he would have a huge advantage and i don't think that's fair.
maybe you can replace the ammo of the gaitlin to the ammo of the defense nuke had at the early stages of contra.

#3623 Guest_hinter_*

Guest_hinter_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

If you want to defend yourself:
1/ use radar vehicles to aim the air forces sooner
2/ group at least 5 gatlings nearly to each other- they get bonus (+ upgrade gatling in war factory)- later beware of clusters
3/ build speaker towers in distance of those groups of upraged gatlings
4/ about the red arrows- I dont use them- but at the beginning I usually spent generals promotion on the promotion of infantry- it might help you

If you want to play:
1/ dont try defend yourself- if you are nuke you are supposed to attack - airforce general has (in my opinion) weak patriot system ( in general patriot systems have a problem to aim the infanty so use your promoted tank hunters to destroy them. If your infantry is killed by the planes they are likely to have a reload and repair thmselves- use it... On ther other hand I do agree with you- airforce general is best if you manage his staffs :)

IMO you get more experience by destroying the planes/helicopters than tanks/infantry, it means you get faster generals promotion. In addition all of the planes are so stupid- they dropp all the bombs on 1 target, if they are toghether- use it ( till it will be repaired in 008)..Last word- AF gen= micromanagment= deconcentrate your enemy (mig31,black lotus,nuclear strom- If I play nuke gen. I usually build nuc. storm only for 1 reason- to force my human enemy to pay the attention on it and try to destroy it, I dont hope to launch it- but if I have a change to do it I´ll definitely do it :D... it may seems nuke is best for his superpower but if you are unexperienced it will become your end

#3624 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

Something nice to the tactics: Use button x. It is scatter button. Especially when placing AA in groups, it is necessary to scatter units a bit. This way you dont get one puny F-16XL that kills 5 Gatt Cannons.
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

#3625 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

Well ,for the "sneaky" Krakourt , you just spread around listening posts then you get your "eyes" on the slow Monmouth n its friends and concentrate your def. forces there + black lotus to assist. For the mortar Buggy's, simple solution overloads with long cannons upgrade and couple of flame tanks and your set to kill.
and for taking down a Shaitan you know you need a massive amount of -GLA force-
And For the end of it...At rank 5 the game is plrobably close to an ending so the forces have to clash head to head sometime, and as you wrote china will win most of the time!
There for i thing lvl 5 gaming is not balanced . assault and poisen lack in capability !

Though China force has powerful stuffs, it is not very easy for them to maintain supplyline as rank 3+ stuffs are quite expensive. While GLA can maintain supplyline without much problem. Listening Post is also very fragile. Even little toxin field can heavily damaged it. The outcome of the match depends on so many varying factors, which can turn this into endless discussion. The only way to prove it is to really go in and play.

Gaitlings are useful,and nuke has early red arrows,use them together against af general.

i tried using the red arrows against air force general and they were useless as the gaitlings even both of them together in a big quantity. the were no match against him and if i wouldn't have destroyed half of his base at early in the game it would have been very hard to beat him. if i would play against a human against a human when his air force and im nuke he would have a huge advantage and i don't think that's fair.
maybe you can replace the ammo of the gaitlin to the ammo of the defense nuke had at the early stages of contra.

In 008, Red Arrow damage against aircraft is increased considerably. They're much more effective now. Hiding them in listening posts can surprise enemy aircraft trying to go around your main defense.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3626 Guest_sajezz_*

Guest_sajezz_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:32 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]
In 008, Red Arrow damage against aircraft is increased considerably. They're much more effective now. Hiding them in listening posts can surprise enemy aircraft trying to go around your main defense.
[/quote]

ok ill take that:) ill see if nuke is more balanced in 008

#3627 Roy

Roy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

Well, this is why you must support your superunit! Send it with a wide variety of other units and formate them. Have the Karakarout in the middle, surrounded by scorpions, mortar buggys, quad cannons, toxin trucks, etc.

I would bring Sturm-S (long-range AT missile launcher), Radar Van, Acid Sprayer and some AA along with Krakourt. Or I would use Krakourt to draw attention and attack with stealthy Acid Sprayers from the flank.

So well Contra Team

got some idea's how the game would be more .. like reality, don't get this or me wrong, i will explain what i mean
its not real that all usa genarals only have such less infantry so i would share some ideas with ya

lets start with the usa

1. do you ever heard that the us army/airforce, and like that, ever had only light infantrie with an M4-Carabine, and an Soldier with an Rocketlauncher, so it would be fair for usa genarals to have more unity

-)M4-Carabine [Ranger]
--)like he is now
-)M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW) [Marine]
--)fast shoot frequenzy but have a cool down time
--)have some c4 with them
-)Javelin (Anti Tank Weapon) [Javeline Soldier]
--)only vs Tank, but carries an pistol with him vs Infantrie but weak
-)Sniper/Pathfinder [Sniper/Pathfinder]
--)like he is now and may have the ability to plant anti infantry mines
-)Stinger (Anti Aircraft) [Stinger Soldier]
--)just the same like Javelin, but he only works on Aircraft
-)Engineers
--)can reapir vehicles
--)can build up some field bunkers
--)got an comabat shot gun
--)can clean up mines
--)can lay mines down
-)Field Paramedic
--)can heal Infantry
--)can clean up nuclear radiation

if you could add this to all usa generals it would be awesome

2. china has too less aircraft, i mean they have no attacking heli, just give them an Z-10 Helicopter and its good

3. how would it be, if the gla have some old russian Mil Mi-24 .. you may know them as Hind
--) not only as attacking aircraft, just give the upgrade to transport four men

4. why doesn't have usa and china some saftysuit against bioharzard

yeah i know is a little much but there some more things in my head

I suggest you try some other realistic mods.
- Cold War Crisis is a good one with variety of infantries and realistic damage/accuracy system.
- Vietnam Glory Obscured seems to be interesting realistic mod too. You might want to try it.

yeah thank but Cold War Crisis destroyed the game with ther playing system

#3628 sajezz

sajezz
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

If you want to defend yourself:
1/ use radar vehicles to aim the air forces sooner
2/ group at least 5 gatlings nearly to each other- they get bonus (+ upgrade gatling in war factory)- later beware of clusters
3/ build speaker towers in distance of those groups of upraged gatlings
4/ about the red arrows- I dont use them- but at the beginning I usually spent generals promotion on the promotion of infantry- it might help you

If you want to play:
1/ dont try defend yourself- if you are nuke you are supposed to attack - airforce general has (in my opinion) weak patriot system ( in general patriot systems have a problem to aim the infanty so use your promoted tank hunters to destroy them. If your infantry is killed by the planes they are likely to have a reload and repair thmselves- use it... On ther other hand I do agree with you- airforce general is best if you manage his staffs :)

IMO you get more experience by destroying the planes/helicopters than tanks/infantry, it means you get faster generals promotion. In addition all of the planes are so stupid- they dropp all the bombs on 1 target, if they are toghether- use it ( till it will be repaired in 008)..Last word- AF gen= micromanagment= deconcentrate your enemy (mig31,black lotus,nuclear strom- If I play nuke gen. I usually build nuc. storm only for 1 reason- to force my human enemy to pay the attention on it and try to destroy it, I dont hope to launch it- but if I have a change to do it I´ll definitely do it :D... it may seems nuke is best for his superpower but if you are unexperienced it will become your end

i do build the speaker tower but if you will group 5 gatlins together to get the horde bonus 5 plains with the tomahawk will kill them all. 5 gatlins wont kill all of the plains i can assure you. red arrows are useful at contra 008 not in 007 and the infantry upgrade is useless first of all you have to know your against air force so you need to upgrade flairs.
i dont defend with nuke i attack with him the problem is that you cant get close enough with you tanks without losing a lot of them. if you play against a human he wont attack the infantry he would attack you tanks from you weakest point.
i can beat an air force general when im nuke its just that i think nuke should be more balance like most of the generals and as a fact he is one of the weakest generals when it comes to destroying air crafts

#3629 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Despite what you said, I like CWC (and its playing system) though. It's unique and realistic.

Contra is SEMI-realistic. Yea, Contra has realistic textures and infantry skins plus its own unique/futuristic/tactical style of gameplay. Unlike those two realistic mods, Contra doesn't concentrate heavily on infantry (and it's a HUGE task to make even one new infantry with proper model and such). Too many types of them would become redundancy with other units.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3630 Roy

Roy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

Despite what you said, I like CWC (and its playing system) though. It's unique and realistic.

Contra is SEMI-realistic. Yea, Contra has realistic textures and infantry skins plus its own unique/futuristic/tactical style of gameplay. Unlike those two realistic mods, Contra doesn't concentrate heavily on infantry (and it's a HUGE task to make even one new infantry with proper model and such). Too many types of them would become redundancy with other units.

your right at th epoint that it is unique .. and yeah i accept that you like it, but at my opinion it doesn't fit at the cnc styled game type

any yeah its clear that it will come this way, so if you could explain to me how to add some units my own, i would do it if i'm allowd to do it, and no fear i won't release it anywhere or woul change the copyright ..

#3631 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

any yeah its clear that it will come this way, so if you could explain to me how to add some units my own, i would do it if i'm allowd to do it, and no fear i won't release it anywhere or woul change the copyright ..

I recommend you to google for 'adding new unit into ZH' as there are so many tutorials out there (and several steps to make a unit buildable by player during skirmish). It's not hard to add a simple unit if you are familiar with the mod tools and code. The hard part would be modeling and texturing (both of them take a lot of time and skill to make it good). I understand principle to make some models with 3D program but my texturing skill fails to make the model looks realistic.

Infantry is categorized as complex unit as it requires bone, skin, special animation, special behavior codes, and so on. I don't totally understand them all. There might be some tutorials on the net to help you with that.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3632 Guest_bagno_*

Guest_bagno_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

i suggest you make slots for more thank 8 players but i think is too hardly codded and is in game it self so i dont think you can change it but i just want to know lolf

#3633 Guest_sas_*

Guest_sas_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

imposibble without the source code

#3634 Guest_sas_*

Guest_sas_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

Could you give me an answer how to "destroy" the gasses from Defiler (stealth general´s building) ? Both field engineers and ambulances are useless because those gasses are not on the ground, they are "flying"..

#3635 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Scatter the ambulances around your base or where you think they will land. As soon as they land, the toxin will become cleanable and your ambulance should then clean it up. Also, if you are a China general and have neutron shells, launch a neutron shell at the bottom of the cloud as it is traveling. If you hit it right, the cloud will disappear.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#3636 Roy

Roy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

so well thanks but .. hmm i'm like you, don'T understanding all ^^"
but how i can allow that the sniper could build by AI General too?

#3637 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:22 AM

Also, if you are a China general and have neutron shells, launch a neutron shell at the bottom of the cloud as it is traveling. If you hit it right, the cloud will disappear.

Interesting. I didn't know that Neutron can clean toxin before. Perhaps it's an age of clean nuclear energy after all.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3638 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

Haha, yes, it works. The toxin is identified as a unit, and neutron will kill it. I've done it many times before.
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#3639 Flip1299

Flip1299
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

That's caused by this:

Weapon NeutronShellDeathWeapon3 ;Kill planes and clean poisons
PrimaryDamage = 50000
PrimaryDamageRadius = 60.0
AttackRange = 100.0
DamageType = SURRENDER
DeathType = EXPLODED
WeaponSpeed = 99999.0
ProjectileObject = NONE
RadiusDamageAffects = ALLIES ENEMIES NEUTRALS NOT_SIMILAR
DelayBetweenShots = 0
ClipSize = 1
ClipReloadTime = 0
AutoReloadsClip = No
End

Map.ini coder for zero hour. Free for any projects.

#3640 Roy

Roy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

got another idea ..
an soldier with a less strong weapon than the ranger, who can call in an thunderbolt
or without weapon, just like the target designator, but as soldier
what do ya think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users