3930 replies to this topic

#3661 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

Here are some ideas for later versions ...

1.Nuke General- Radiation Soldier capable of firing streams of radiation at his enemies. (Rank 1 or 2)

2.Assault General- Mortar Soldier capable of Bombarding enemy defense positions from afar. (Rank 1)

3.Explosive General- A Helicopter able to drop bombs(or terrorists) on enemy units. (Rank 4)

1. That would be the same as Irradiator tank. Not a bad idea but the problem would be model and animation. Making new infantry is not easy. Adding it might delay 008 more.

2. Mortar Soldier would be better with Infantry General. I like the idea but the model is used by ATGM troop already and there is Grenadier at rank 3 (which is very good in numbers). Also Assault Gen has 4 artillery units (Katyusha: r1, Dana: r3, Missile Buggy: r3, Karkardan: r5), which is enough in my opinion.

3. The idea is pretty much the same with Helix + Bomb upgrade (Flame gen). I don't think it's a good idea. But GLA will have something good that can go over obstacle (Creator is working on it).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3662 A Patient Person

A Patient Person
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

Here are some ideas for later versions ...

To Clarify: These are meant to be Ideas kept in mind, not necessarily immediately implemented.

1.I Don't mean to delay. It might be possible to edit the field engineer into a radiation sprayer... Or You could implement a second firing mode for the Irradiator, giving it a constant stream instead of a single burst.

2.The Assault General basically relies on artillery units. It would be appropriate for him to have such infantry available at some point. (Also Dana is R1 and The Katyusha is R3)

3.Trying to stick with GLA(Explosives). I think predator_bg had a good idea. How about a blimp. Slow, Big, Deadly. Capable of raining bombs and/or terrorists on enemy structures and units. Fairly easy to shoot down ;however, if it can make it to its target, It will decimate it.

Yours Truly,
A Patient Person

Edited by A Patient Person, 26 July 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#3663 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

(Also Dana is R1 and The Katyusha is R3)

You're referring to 007 while I meant 008. It's posted in change log.

3.Trying to stick with GLA(Explosives). I think predator_bg had a good idea. How about a blimp. Slow, Big, Deadly. Capable of raining bombs and/or terrorists on enemy structures and units. Fairly easy to shoot down ;however, if it can make it to its target, It will decimate it.

A slow zeppelin with terrorist parachuting down would be an interesting idea. To make it balance, the terrorist drop might have to cost Demo Gen some money (like $800 for dropping 4 terrorists). It would be mobile flying terrorist barrack. Balancing it would require some tests.

Edited by Casojin, 26 July 2011 - 02:32 PM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3664 Roy

Roy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

but where do you want to build that zeppelin? may at an airfield

or make an zepplin, like an slow combat chinook, so that these unit can fire out

and about the Irradiator Unit, you can use an normal rocket launcher unit, and use the anim of the Irradiator Tank, so its a little bit easyer, isn't it?

how do you think to give the AF genaral some pilots, you can train at the barracks, but at first you have to buy the pilot training general power, as far as i know, the normal zero hour has already a full working version of pilots

#3665 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

how do you think to give the AF genaral some pilots, you can train at the barracks, but at first you have to buy the pilot training general power, as far as i know, the normal zero hour has already a full working version of pilots

Trainable pilot is already available in 008. Furthermore, AFG has a Gen power to increase veterancy level of any aircraft (within radius of the power) by 1 level.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3666 Roy

Roy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

Trainable pilot is already available in 008. Furthermore, AFG has a Gen power to increase veterancy level of any aircraft (within radius of the power) by 1 level.

yeah i know that there is this gen power, but i think you can build this trainable pilots, when you have got this gen power

#3667 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Pilot can be trained from barrack no matter you get the Gen Power or not (at a cost for each one while Gen Power only cost time and 1 Gen Pt).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3668 Roy

Roy
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

oh okay thats nice, really nice

and what do you think about adding:

USA:
*)Apache
*)Black Hawk (place 6 units inside who can shoot out, and upgrade able with an mini gun vs Air and Ground Units or an Granede Launcher vs Ground Units, but only one Upgrade can be used)
*)Little Bird (with mini gun)

#3669 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

oh okay thats nice, really nice

and what do you think about adding:

USA:
*)Apache
*)Black Hawk (place 6 units inside who can shoot out, and upgrade able with an mini gun vs Air and Ground Units or an Granede Launcher vs Ground Units, but only one Upgrade can be used)
*)Little Bird (with mini gun)

There is no need to put units from different mods like Project Raptor and Schockwave. I personally like helicopters, but AF general in 008 has enough. Comanche is good, has few more missiles, he can be stealth, he launches drones. Pawe low is awesome artillery, and he has one fighting rocket. And Combat Chinok has better armor...all in one, they are good enough.
Posted Image

#3670 Dark Legend

Dark Legend
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

HI Creator and the project team i have 7 questions .

1- Is the command truck stealth or no .

2- Is the BTR-50 stealth or no, it can climb hills or move above water in 008 .

3- If i purchased a drone for my infantry and i placed the infantry in a building or a vehicle does the drone work .

4- What is the use of the blue light that the Avenger use against tank and infantry .

5- After i purchase the carbon lasers the Colonel Burton become weaker against tank . But before the upgrade he were stronger .

6- Can you make laser general Particle cannon travel faster .

7- Can you reduce the Iron fist health or power because after purchasing the thermobaric upgrade it can destroy 2 or 3 Fafiner in 1 shot while 3 Fafiner attack and attack and attack then my 3 Fafiner get destroyed .

Edited by Dark Legend, 28 July 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#3671 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:11 AM

HI Creator and the project team i have 7 questions .

1- Is the command truck stealth or no .

2- Is the BTR-50 stealth or no, it can climb hills or move above water in 008 .

3- If i purchased a drone for my infantry and i placed the infantry in a building or a vehicle does the drone work .

4- What is the use of the blue light that the Avenger use against tank and infantry .

5- After i purchase the carbon lasers the Colonel Burton become weaker against tank . But before the upgrade he were stronger .

6- Can you make laser general Particle cannon travel faster .

7- Can you reduce the Iron fist health or power because after purchasing the thermobaric upgrade it can destroy 2 or 3 Fafiner in 1 shot while 3 Fafiner attack and attack and attack then my 3 Fafiner get destroyed .

1. Command Truck is not stealth by default, but you can use GPS Scrambler on it.
2. BTR-50 stealth issue is the same as Command Truck. It is amphibious vehicle (but climbing uphill is too much for it).
3. Yes it does. You can make Chinook a flying drone carrier if you upgrade each infantry with drones and put them in the Chinook.
4. It is target designator (which exists ever since vZH). It increases rate of fire of your unit attacking the painted target.
5. Really? Never notice that.
6. Double click would make it faster (ever since in ZH).
7. The damage system in 008 is adjusted. If you attack it with correct strategy, it can be easily destroyed. Zurong (008 name for Iron Fist) does considerable friendly-fire, so using Zurong with support force is not easy. The recommended attack is with air units, stealth, and fast-attack units with micro (running around and don't let it shoot you). If you attack with assault force directly, there is little hope for you.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3672 Dark Legend

Dark Legend
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:03 PM

HI GUYS

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS .

1- how does airforce general superweapon b-2 can be detected and destroyed by tank general .

2- and how his superunit b-3 can be destoryed by infantry if it is in the airfield .(only 3 infantry can destroy it and if not all the planes will shoot them even the target designator and destroy the my building with them and i can't control them .

Edited by Dark Legend, 13 August 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#3673 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

HI GUYS

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS .

1- how does airforce general superweapon b-2 can be detected and destroyed by tank general .

2- and how his superunit b-3 can be destoryed by infantry if it is in the airfield .(only 3 infantry can destroy it and if not all the planes will shoot them even the target designator and destroy the my building with them and i can't control them .

1. In 007, use Manticores or Listening Posts + Gattling Tanks. In 008, Listening Posts + Manticores or Gauss Tanks. You just need to know where enemy superweapon is because the Bombers will come from the SW building.

2. Killing infantry is very easy. You can prevent them from entering your base with security system in 007. You can also spread your Humvees or combat chinooks around your base to hunt for them.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3674 Dark Legend

Dark Legend
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

I mean that the the super-weapon can't be stopped when lunched except by super-weapon general so how tank general can destroy it it will be unbalanced the b-2 should not be destroyed .
And the the super weapon (the building it self ) is weak in Armour and can't be destroyed easily not like the other super-weapon .

#3675 Dark Legend

Dark Legend
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

I mean that the the super-weapon can't be stopped when lunched except by super-weapon general so how tank general can destroy it it will be unbalanced the b-2 should not be destroyed .
And the the super weapon (the building it self ) is weak in Armour and can't be destroyed easily not like the other super-weapon .

#3676 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

Wait until you see Cluster MOAB in action. The B2 is quite tough and fast.

Also, I'm not sure about the health of the building but I think Creator would adjust it if it is too weak.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3677 Dark Legend

Dark Legend
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

i have an idea for air-force general . but i think that would be rejected hehe :grin:

1- Arm the pavelow with anti tank cannon and increase the power of its missile by 25% than F16 missile and remove the pavelow to rank 3 .

2- Leave the F16 the same like 007 but when you reach rank 3 the F16 get an upgrade that make it switch between EMP missiles and its original missile . so that we can you both units . :thumbsupsmiley:

#3678 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

This will make then imbalanced.

#3679 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

i have an idea for air-force general . but i think that would be rejected hehe :grin:

1- Arm the pavelow with anti tank cannon and increase the power of its missile by 25% than F16 missile and remove the pavelow to rank 3 .

2- Leave the F16 the same like 007 but when you reach rank 3 the F16 get an upgrade that make it switch between EMP missiles and its original missile . so that we can you both units . :thumbsupsmiley:

1. Pave Low is added to be AFG rank 1 artillery (that doesn't need to go back to airfield for reloading).
2. F16XL in 008A2 is similar to 007 and better at taking out structures (except supply depot). It is now fast anti-structure bomber.
Due to improved AA for all factions, these AFG improvements are balance.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#3680 Commander Def

Commander Def
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

Greetings, developers of the best ZH mod.

I think that GLA Assault need some change, he is weaker than others. According to description, he has strong tanks powerful artillery and good infantry.

Let's get to facts. He has DANA artillery with similar characteristics to chinese howitzer. These slow units needs protection - chinese can provide it, their tanks are good enough and troop crawlers are much better. But assault has only small weak tank. You can answer that Scorpion is cheaper, but it's not so cheap to be useful. Producing Scorpions is giving rank points to enemy, nothing more. In other GLA I am making mortars, they can do the job and avoid danger trough their speed. If you think I can't just fight with Scorpions and they are good, I'd be grateful if some of you can play with me and show me how to do it. I always found a way how to use any unit, except for ordinary Scorpion (Kassad's Scorpions are better I think).

Assault has nothing special on rank 1, only pathetic defense can make him unique. Stinger site is nothing and his tunnel is the worst - it fires tank shell, but it can't really destroy a real tank and neither infantry like other tunnels. Katyusha artillery is not very good against buildings. I couldn't find it's attack type but I'll bet it's not Explosive or Aurora bomber (since it's effective against defense buildings I suppose it's something similar to stealth bomber attack type).

In my opinion he should get stronger basic tank, or you can make his RPG troopers more effective than others. To tunnels, can you change attack type to explosive? It will be useful against infantry like the other kinds - or mount old good machinegun.

I am looking forward to your answer and of course to new version. You made a very good game from an average one - Great job!

Commander Def

Edited by Commander Def, 17 August 2011 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users