Photo

Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3930 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_dpgassault_*

Guest_dpgassault_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:48 AM

I got an idea (well actually it was from another mod i played) Give the Toxic general the civilian crop plane (yellow propeller plane) And the attacks are : Sprays target/area with toxin from the bottom of the plane. Later on it runs out and then the only option left with that plane is crash down and suicide

I think it was from "Airforce mod" or something like that

#22 WARthog

WARthog
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:21 PM

cmon the crop duster is in almost evry mod where gla gets an airforce! this would be very low and i guess creator agrees with me!

#23 Guest_dpgassault_*

Guest_dpgassault_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:05 PM

Yea i agree its in alot of mods but its so fun to use....

#24 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:27 AM

Hi Creator,

How bout the A-10 Thunderbolt for Air Force General for his super unit, its cost should be $3500 and should have point defense lasers (but slow refiring rate).

How bout a the armored outpost for infantry general? It is a moving (rather large fortress that can house 10 infantry who can fire out of its ports) Heavily armored so it can stand its ground against heavy tanks. Also, maybe it can also deploy and infantry garrisoned will be given range bonuses, 20% But for balance, this unit should not start with a full house of 10 infantry, maybe 5 mini-gunenrs inside. Its only weapon is a mini machine gun without the infantry inside. Call it the Armored Fortress! :umad:

How bout the Imperial Shrouder for GLA Stealth General, similiar to the radar van in shrouding but it also has some anti-tank armanents like twin barrelled anti-tank cannons? Or even a morale sapping broadcast. Also, for balance, this unit cannot be able to stealth itself (Even with GPS Scrambler)

Your picture of the 6 barrelled tank looks great for Asault General.

#25 Guest_Realistic Master_*

Guest_Realistic Master_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:33 AM

Ya the Super Fortess for the infantry general will make him even more powerful! Woot! OR Call it the Imperial fortress! because: :umad:
The Imperial Shrouder sounds too chinese
Call it the Death Shrouder! Shrouds over a significant radius, opponents cannot see anything inside, enemy units inside just get targetted and destroyrd even without the opponent knowing ,nyahahahhahaha. It should have a morale sapping attack to lower the rate of fire of enemy units, like the opposite of propaganda. OR twin cannons for anti-tank purposes?
Ya i agree i wan the A-10!!! 6 missiles and the high caliber firing cannon will kill any gattling cannon, build it at the Advanced Air Field alongside with the Hercules Transport (rmb to make it bigger! plz). :)

#26 WARthog

WARthog
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:18 PM

The Nuke General really needs some anti-tank base defence! even if its just an upgrade for the Gattlings witch arms them with uranium bullets (very effectif against armour). Otherwise he doesn't stand a chance against the Tank General.

#27 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:29 PM

The Nuke General really needs some anti-tank base defence! even if its just an upgrade for the Gattlings witch arms them with uranium bullets (very effectif against armour). Otherwise he doesn't stand a chance against the Tank General.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is what the nuclear tank hunters are for. They work perfectly for me :p

And before you mention gattling tanks...

Just have about ten of them. that can easily take out anything the tank gen send at you except the long range tank (i think its called the earthshaker) for which all you need is a couple of migs :)

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

#28 Guest_Nuke General_*

Guest_Nuke General_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2005 - 09:08 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

" You fool! Dont you know what tactical nuke hunters are for?! And with my special Neutron Missiles rockets er...thingamabob! I can easily kill infantry inside tankd and than its all mine for tha taking!!!" Nuke General says. "NYAHAHHAHAHHAHAA, *cough/cough*"

#29 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:24 AM

I personally think that maybe for the airforce gen. you should switch the JSF with the King Raptor, only make the King have very long range, to counter the chinese interceptors.

#30 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2005 - 03:37 AM

you could change the camera to have almost any view, and you could make the particle cannon look cooler(you know, like huge, blue explosions when it hits something)

By the way, great mod, I love it

#31 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 11:23 AM

I'm another one who thinks that the nuke general need some early anti-tank defense...
Just try to play the generals chalenge, when you face the tank generals you're finished! No, you can't use the nuclear tank-hunters, because you need to tech-up and there is no time for that! Neither use neutrons, you don't have time to build a nuke and then buy the neutrons, and neither money for it.
His battlemasters are a joke near the tank general's battlemasters, they do have little health...

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2005 - 05:25 AM

Two suggestions for balancing Air USA.

Repalce the laser plane with the model for the bomber that deploys the AirFuel bomb. Put a few radar dishes on the bottem and sized down just enough to land on the heavy air field. up the hit points and raise its point defense abilities and range so it is more useful over a large area. Also make it a wide area scanner similare to the Chinese radar van. Just one or two would become essential or base defense, but it would not become a weapon for crushing enemy bases. If it had the toughness a Hercules, and sight about the same as a Deployed radar van with worth while point defense it could cost about 2K and be worth having one or two without over doing it. Would very nearly be very realistic air craft as well. It could also be useful for mopping up on beaten Stealth GLA generals.

Second small idea. Replace the Air USA partical cannon with a ICBM or a tomahawk storm. This would leave Air USA with almost entirely conventional weapons and I think a slightly different feel while not doing to much to change the over all performance.

#33 Guest_really shy girl_*

Guest_really shy girl_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:53 PM

Couple of suggestions: Increase the rate of fire or increase the power of laser planes when they fire against normal missiles and rockets since his Avengers do not have any laser point defenses.
Also, how bout better stealth detecting units for USA Generals as they only have the Sentry Drone which ended up being destroyed as their Stealth detecting range is very small.
Also, how bout some form of outpost with 2-3 machine gun turrets or anti-tank turrets which can detect super weapon and general's skills being targetted over an area. This is a structure that pretty much detects super weapon target points and thus may save the army form critical losses. Obviously needs power to function. The price is up to you but it should also serve like an outpost maybe?
:huh:

#34 Guest_Jedi_*

Guest_Jedi_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2005 - 01:57 PM

A nice big explosion when the particle cannon hits and better graphics for it too amke the ashes flying or the heat blast light thing bigger for goodness sake! Its a huge pillar of light hitting one single spot and all we get are some flames. Creator you can clean up the mess EA Games made! You are the Chosen ONE!!!

#35 Err0r

Err0r
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:31 PM

where are the free mines in infantry generals bunker?
a. maybe provide an option in infantry whether or not to buy 2 instead of 1, maybe to a cheaper price.
if a=no, infantry general's infantry gain a "semi" hoard-bonus in groups of 2
where is the inferno from the inferno cannons? even usa patriot has got a longer range now..
... the game in pretty much unplayable... it makes people turtle and big huge armies of low-tech troops.. remove the generals promotion thing or make it much easier to get a promotion

#36 Err0r

Err0r
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:39 PM

gla crusher too overpowered in the beggining, suggestion is to raise price to 600 and increase build time (like the build time of a battlemaster)

blood splatter is very nice, but the splatter on the ground is too big and too cartoon-ish, doesnt fit generals so good

Edited by Err0r, 01 April 2005 - 12:22 PM.

#37 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:35 AM

I agree about the promotion... Yesterday i did played a quick skirmish against the cpu, using the tank general, and couldn't get even the tech center, neither airport. And i was playing against 2 cpus! It was taking so long to get a promotion that i give up. :(

I liked the idea of not getting all technology, so you need to rank up, but it's too slow. Keep it, but make the promotion a bit faster (not too fast).

Edited by Gilgamesh, 01 April 2005 - 10:36 AM.

#38 Err0r

Err0r
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

what about nuke general's radiation not hurting friendly units (or hurting just a little)?

very annoying when i got 5 tanks, when 1 dies, they all die

#39 Err0r

Err0r
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:05 PM

is it possible to customize the zero hour loading screen to contra one?

#40 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:07 PM

Without promotions a lot of units will become useless. For example, what for do you need Battle Masters, Gattling Tanks and infantry when you can build a heap of Emperors from the begining? I remember when I played Generals first time, first unit I build was Overlord. I didn't build any other units. Power plant -> 2 Supply Centers -> War Factory -> Propaganda center -> Overlords, Overlords, Overlords. No computer could withstand it. When I bought Zero Hour, my favorite general was Tao the Nuke because his Overlords are fast. I simply don't need any other units to win. When you have promotions as a prerequisites, you need to build one type of units, then you will get promtions and build more strong units. Then you will get more promotions and will able to build super strong units and super weapons. It is much interesting than use only one unit whole game from the very begining. Or do you want to have 10 Shaitans as start conditions?

what about nuke general's radiation not hurting friendly units (or hurting just a little)?
very annoying when i got 5 tanks, when 1 dies, they all die

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can purchase Isotope Stability upgrade that removes nuclear explosion. Also I recommend to use infantry in the very begining.

is it possible to customize the zero hour loading screen to contra one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. I will make it later.

Edited by Creator, 01 April 2005 - 08:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users