Photo

New Ring Heroes? Debate - Movies v/s Books

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
428 replies to this topic

Poll: Should S.E.E. have new Ring Heroes for each faction? (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Good Factions

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Evil Factions

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#81 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:39 AM

IMO just add unique ring hero for each faction. Wasnt that the original plan other than keeping the normal system too ?

#82 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Wow wow, hold the phone, I meant NO! Sorry, I was tired when I typed that :). Just stop the ring hero debate, it's getting to big and complicated.

lol I know, I was concurring you :)

To others:
Ideas are fun, but if we're gonna be realistic nothing bigger than this said will be done any time soon :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#83 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

True, new ring heroes would take FOREVER to finish.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#84 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

Not really and that was not what I was saying. I was saying this :)

YEs, like I said before, you are free to hurl ideas as much as you want, but it's highly unlikely that anything radical is going to be made the the Ring business other than:
- New Ring Heroes
and
- Only heroes beeing able to pick it up (don't really have any logic here, I just like to "complicate" things a bit) :)

Any alterations further than that is not in any way planned at the moment :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#85 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

Oh, yeah. I knew that lol
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#86 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

So I guess the only-hero-carry-rings was considered. Anyway, it's not a big change, and I don't really care if you keep the normal system :p it's just that AIs never get heroes (Only Brutal, I believe).

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#87 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:37 PM

That is not true, they do use Ring Heroes just like ordinary heroes. It's just that they are 20000 and takes 5 mins to summon, so you might not have seen then cause of that :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#88 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:03 AM

I believe that Sulherokhh has already said this (not sure though)

Personally even though it's hard to believe that Galadriel would fight for the Dwarves, I say just leave the Ring_Heroes as is.

My idea (or suggestion which ever the case may be) is that you should modify Sauron and Galadriel so that they become high end heroes, not uber-destructive heroes.
I.E.
1. Give experience levels sp that they level up like regular heroes (Aragorn, Elrond, Mouth of Sauron, etc) Powers and All
2. Nerf their health and damage so that they don't kill everything in front of them with pretty much one swing of the sword; but in doing so make sure that their still toughest heroes on the battlefield when purchased.
3. The One Ring should only be picked up by Heroes not infantry. Why see #4.
4. What ever hero pick up the ring should get a leadership buff/debuff. They become incased with its power and gain some additional attributes when carrying it to the fortress. And once it's brought to the fortress, they become normal again. But the Fortress however doesn't. See #5.
5. The fortress and surrounding structures who holds the ring gets the same effect as the hero who carries it; but in a more structure buff/debuff fashion. (What I did was increase production speed, Faster spell recharge time, and loses 35% armor while holding the one ring) SEE PHOTOS
6. The Modifier goes away once the hero is built though.
7. So the option becomes , do I build the Ring_Hero , or do I just hold onto the One Ring and make myself more productive (powerful) but in the same time my defenses become more vulnerable because of the One Ring's callous means.

Before Obtainng the One Ring

Fortress and structures after obtaining the One Ring SEE GREEN AURAS AROUND BUILDINGS

Different View
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#89 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:44 PM

I like those ideas more than getting more ring heros.

Another idea (branching from downfall), is create a menu in the fortress. Have a bunch of upgrades/superpowers that require the Ring to buy/use (getting and having the ring is costly enough. Make it so they have really long build times (like 10min or less). Powers could include +200% production in farms, greater bonuses for heros (+200% attack).

Or make each one have a timer. Make it so you can only have one at a time and each lasts 5min or so.

I think I'd rather have uber upgrades than an uber-destructive hero.

#90 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

Downfall, those FX... what are they from? =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#91 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Thats nice idea but I would rather take the normal ring heroes but its up to Nazgûl to decide at the end :sleep:
And I think that the FX is the FX when Ents are created from the ent moot.

#92 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:27 AM

Those are the Aura Effects that come with Treebeards Leadership to the Ents(It came with patch 1.06 for BFME2). I just used them because it's easy to see that the Ring Modifier is working. Plus it has a Morgul look to it. :thumbsupsmiley:

But I gues I could've used Lurtz's Carnage Effect to make the buildings all red; but that would be just strange and weird. :sleep:

Right now the things that I'm playing with are
1. Fixing those damn (sorry for language) white blocks in my Power Point Tree :thumbsupsmiley:
2. Trying to get the hang of creating FXs.
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."

Posted Image

Posted Image

#93 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:14 AM

But wait... I thought you were a skinner? Not a modder? :sleep:
What mod are you working on? (If you have told me, I'm sorry - I suffer from bad short term memory).

This getting production bonuses for the ring is really starting to etch into my mind - I really like the idea =)

In reply to your numbers...
1. White blocks in.. sorry what? "Power Point Tree"???
2. I'd say you already have some hang of it? :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#94 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:24 AM

But wait... I thought you were a skinner? Not a modder? :p
What mod are you working on? (If you have told me, I'm sorry - I suffer from bad short term memory).

This getting production bonuses for the ring is really starting to etch into my mind - I really like the idea =)

In reply to your numbers...
1. White blocks in.. sorry what? "Power Point Tree"???
2. I'd say you already have some hang of it? :D

Actually, I kind of do almost a little bit of everything, except for AI and Modeling (which includes animating).
I really just started with really sitting down with the FX and playing with it See Video
I'm not really working on any mods; I come and go here and there; but as long as people don't mind, I'll do my best to give suggestions when given the opportunity. (PS my memory sucks too :thumbsupsmiley: )

The production effect's best part is that it really doesn't take up as much time as lets say adding personal ring heroes for every faction.

I have ROTWK, and I get the white blocks when I go to purchase powers from the branching tree (EARTHQUAKE, SUNFLARE, HEAL, etc.). Personally I think it has to do with the patch that just came out. Because I never got them with BFME2, or ROTWK-unpatched.

I'm starting to get there. :thumbsupsmiley: I hope ;)

Plus great job on you and your team for the great and hard work into this mod. :sleep:

Sample FX

Posted Image

Posted Image

#95 Servant of Sauron

Servant of Sauron

The right hand of Saruman

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:37 AM

Ultimately it's up to you Nazgul, but I for one would like to see realistic Ring Heroes for every faction besides whatever else you do.

You could always take a nod from the Evenstar mod and have it so that ring heroes for every faction are recruitable without the ring, but the ring gives them a massive power boost. Another thing they did was give each ring hero a "ring power". Effectively a spell of mass destruction that they can use when they have the ring regardless of level.

The old world will burn in the fires of industry! The forests will fall! A new order will rise...we will drive the machine of war with the sword and the spear and the iron fist of the Orc! We have only to remove those who oppose us...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

Downfall, maybe you should join us... :p

SoS, yes thats about my thinking too =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#97 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 01:09 PM

I do like that idea. But morgul looking thingys in the middle of a farm? Maybe different color? Different placement? But it would work with evil factions :p

I love that power attack! What hero is it? I couldn't see the features.

I have seen you before. A modder that has a lot of good stuff, yet doesn't show it (hence the 23 posts). But I can't place you...

EDIT: For some reason, when I hit return, to create a space in between lines, it shows up in the post has about three of them. Isthat common? I'll leave it like that for a bit to show what I mean.

Edited by clonecommand, 26 May 2007 - 01:11 PM.

#98 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 26 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

I do like that idea. But morgul looking thingys in the middle of a farm? Maybe different color? Different placement? But it would work with evil factions :p

I love that power attack! What hero is it? I couldn't see the features.

I have seen you before. A modder that has a lot of good stuff, yet doesn't show it (hence the 23 posts). But I can't place you...

EDIT: For some reason, when I hit return, to create a space in between lines, it shows up in the post has about three of them. Isthat common? I'll leave it like that for a bit to show what I mean.

What would a corruptive color look like to you I.Y.O.? I could look into the placement of where it's located, but i believe that has to with more with the structure than the FX itsself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's Glorfindel. I hate the terrible silver armor that they gave him, so I just created a new one (copied and reskinned Elrond). Although, I might change it to an Arwen reskin just so he can mount a horse.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#99 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:27 PM

I wouldn't know about the FX stuff. It just didn't really look real (no offense). I was thinking more like the green stuff encircling the buildings, like the Mordor castle. Kindof like a warning sign..."I'm contaminated by the ring"... With that, I'd say the color looks fine.

#100 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

I'd rather go with a glow not unlike the one used to denote the effects of industry/dwarven riches. More subtle, less spikey. :p

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users