Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:15 AM

And here they are - in game! :thumbsupsmiley:
Awesome model by TDP. I only did some minor changes to the skin. Saturation, tint and more details like leather bracelets, golden buckle and golden serpent decorations to indicate their high status ;)

All Elite units in SEE now also have 300% damage to Heroes. So these guys will be great anti-heroes =)

I also fiddled with animations so Corsairs and Hasharii won't look too much alike, despite them having the same skeleton :p

Posted Image

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#662 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:57 AM

OM* WOW, Great work guys.
4/5 stars

I can only suggest maybe fixing his hands, the texture looks kinda wierd, i suggest darkening the end of the hand, so it has some depth

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#663 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:58 AM

Good call... I'll fix that =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#664 Aragorn King Elessar

Aragorn King Elessar
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

They look amazing good work guys , i know this isn't the place to post it , but have you ever considered adding a cape to legolas's skin?
Posted Image

#665 Guest_Arthadan_*

Guest_Arthadan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

Ok, I have to admit they look cool. :thumbsupsmiley:

One question about the porter image in the first page, why does he need armour? I know it looks cool and everything, but I think it's not very realistic.

About the Easterling King of Rhûn, he looks exactly as an standard warrior. Shouldn't he stand out? I proppose masked face without helmet, a long ponytail, a black cloak with some symbol y red and maybe a brighter/more polished armour.

#666 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

I agree and we'll work more on that hero... He will if nothing else get a cape for sure, with nice broderies on the cape. I'm also thinking of using the CaH for his head so his helmet will look a bit different... He's only a WiP so far ;)

They look amazing good work guys , i know this isn't the place to post it , but have you ever considered adding a cape to legolas's skin?

This is the wrong thread yes - post in Elven thread (Allthough, the answer is, that requires MODELING; not skinning :thumbsupsmiley:)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#667 Aragorn King Elessar

Aragorn King Elessar
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

I agree and we'll work more on that hero... He will if nothing else get a cape for sure, with nice broderies on the cape. I'm also thinking of using the CaH for his head so his helmet will look a bit different... He's only a WiP so far :)

This is the wrong thread yes - post in Elven thread (Allthough, the answer is, that requires MODELING; not skinning :p)

haha ic ic , I don't know much about modding :xcahik_:
Posted Image

#668 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

Any news on the EvilMen?
looking forward to any ideas of new stuff.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#669 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

I'm pretty much waiting on more material atm. Flameguard is doing the rest of the Harad units, and I still haven't found any models for Easterling Kataphrakts and Vainriders. I reeeeeeeally want the unused models that Feudal Knight made for Expansions, but I can't reach him :/

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#670 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

Mapper,Begginer Modeler and Animator

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Projects:World Builder Battle Of the Crater Map BFME2

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

are there any voices for the units?
What is the motherland,when you know you weren't born of land?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#671 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

Yes, all new things have voices. All Harad units have the same though, but you really don't notice it that much. For the Easterlings I had two sets to choose from. Or 3 actually, but one is for the hero (king). The Porter uses Men voices, which is ok. I tried the Angmar porters from RotWK; but they say the word Angmar in almost every sentence, so I rolled back to Men. The structures have well chosen sounds too... using a mixture from other factions. You'll probably not even notice that, as most things are rather fitting :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#672 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Since I gave up on coding the Fortress myself, I went back to adding what's left to add of the units. One of those things is the Easterling Catapult...
There's only one problem with this unit: It doesn't have any collapse anim, so it uses the Mordor one, meaning it changes models and textures on the moment of implosion. But you don't notice that, that much =p

Posted Image

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#673 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

Ouch, that's an ugly catapult model... I wonder who the hell made an ugly piece of art like that?!?!

I'd also forgotten that the maker forgot to make destruction models for even his own model :glare:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#674 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

Hehe I think the model is just fine. I would assume that it's pretty boring to make destruction models, so I won't expect you to do that :glare:
It's only a matter of half a second anyways that the model switches into Orcs and Mordor Catapult. Not that big of a deal =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 30 August 2008 - 08:45 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#675 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:36 PM

Can you not duplicate the mordor destruction model and add the rhun skin to it? Granted it wouldn't have the shields on, but it'd look better than the skin swapping over.

Looks great though, are the rocks it fires burning?

Edited by Shikari, 01 September 2008 - 05:36 PM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#676 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, flaming rocks, just like Mordor's. I might remove that though, to make it differ more...
The skn for the cat itself is the same. The difference is in the model: the shields and the crew.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#677 Guest_Predi_*

Guest_Predi_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

How about throwing small rocks instead? It could cover a larger area, and be more effective against units, and less effective, but still good against buildings. And for the animation part: modify the mordor bone-throwing thing (if it can be done). It would be unique, cool and useful too.

#678 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:35 PM

Pretty good idea... I'll experiment on that :blush:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#679 Bob_the_Balrog

Bob_the_Balrog
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

It would be neat if they get a 'deserted land' power. It would be like 'tainted land' and 'elven wood'.

I don't know if this has already been suggested though :mellow: .
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#680 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:06 PM

Can't remember either, but I've already planned that though :mellow:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users