863 replies to this topic

#721 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

Mapper,Begginer Modeler and Animator

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Projects:World Builder Battle Of the Crater Map BFME2

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:07 PM

but Rhun cant have a feasible Spam Unit.Would you want to see Nazgul Present:The Civilians of Rhun?
What is the motherland,when you know you weren't born of land?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#722 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:02 AM

The snagas DO belong in Ruhn/Harad

Sauron kept the MOTE in HIS pocket by lining THEIR pockets

Orc slaves was just another bonus :dry:

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

But in the heart of its power lies weakness...

It takes but a single candle to hold it back...

Love is more then a candle...

Love can ignite the stars.

#723 Colonel of War

Colonel of War
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Projects:coding, AI-coding , just a bit for my networkgaming

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

hey,

at firts a very big compliment to Nazgul an his team for the wonderful created new faction :ohmy:

to the snagas: I think it's a quite good possibility to use them for EvilMen too because :

1) The EvilMen need any weak spam unit or do you wanna use Ruhn soldiers or haradrim as spam units???
I think their are Sauron's elite ( only imagination but aren't they stronger than Orcs??? ) , so they shouldn't be weak

2) I totaly agree to Grig , Sauron give the EvilMen slaves to boost them because they are his elite and he want to cover them

I have a suggestion for the EvilMen ( i don't know if it's just postet yes? )

you just use scorpions for a scorpions expansion like the spider for Moria right?
why not to let the EvilMen recruit serveral big Scorpions for a monster unit (maybe limited to 3 or 4 and they needn't to be very strong)
I know they don't take part in the book but I think they look really cool and in/under the mointains there are BIG SPIDERS so why can't there just be BIG SCORPIONS in the dessert ?
I think that's not so far away from LotR

I would like them very much :blush:

Edited by Colonel of War, 20 October 2008 - 05:11 PM.

If you discover any misspellings, you are allowed to keep them!

#724 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:59 PM

hey,

at firts a very big compliment to Nazgul an his team for the wonderful created new faction :ohmy:

to the snagas: I think it's a quite good possibility to use them for EvilMen too because :

1) The EvilMen need any weak spam unit or do you wanna use Ruhn soldiers or haradrim as spam units???
I think their are Sauron's elite ( only imagination but aren't they stronger than Orcs??? ) , so they shouldn't be weak

2) I totaly agree to Grig , Sauron give the EvilMen slaves to boost them because they are his elite and he want to cover them

I have a suggestion for the EvilMen ( i don't know if it's just postet yes? )

you just use scorpions for a scorpions expansion like the spider for Moria right?
why not to let the EvilMen recruit serveral big Scorpions for a monster unit (maybe limited to 3 or 4 and they needn't to be very strong)
I know they don't take part in the book but I think they look really cool and in/under the mointains there are BIG SPIDERS so why can't there just be BIG SCORPIONS in the dessert ?

I would like them very much :blush:

I like the scorpion idea. We could use Gorkil's old scorpion and scale it down. They should act like Spiderlings, fast, low numbers but poisonous. :ohmy:
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#725 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:04 PM

Well, think again.. it is :ohmy:
It's further away than Spider Riders.. :blush:

Then again, I can't remember Tolkien saying anything about scorpions... But please don't use that as an argument that "He didn't say it, no, but he didn't deny it either"..

If that's the case, you could put in lightsabers as well :ohmy: (oh, wait.. forged blades = lightsabers... I forgot) :ohmy:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#726 Colonel of War

Colonel of War
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

@ Prince: I usually thought about serveral big scorpions ( no battalion just one )

@Lauri : i'm not really sure if you understand me , the point of the spiderriders is really different
it's clear that it's a bit strange that the spider let orcs ride on them :)

you know middle earth is a fantasy world with a lot of monsters; trolls, big spiders, wargs
and so on.
In every dessert there are scorpions, and why not let them be in middle earth too.
I know they are not in mentioned by tolkien but I think there are all these normal wild animals in middle earth like; deers, boars and so on , in the dessert there may be snakes, lizards
scopions and so on .... (I'm sure there are some)
spiders are bigger in middle earth so why not let the scorpions be bigger than normal. :p

#727 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Well I believe there are scorpions, yes, but the only bigger-than-normal creatures I'd say is spiders, because Tolkien said so :) If he had mentioned briefly large scorpions in the deepest for Harad, or whatever, I wouldn't say against it :p :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#728 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

I think it could go either way, but I think I'd rather play without. They don't quite fit, for me.
Greetings, community.

#729 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

I think it could go either way, but I think I'd rather play without. They don't quite fit, for me.

I just think it would be a waste of a model. The Gorkil Scorpion looks so cool.
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#730 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:01 AM

Lauri,
You're forgetting Mumakil and Wolves :rolleyes:
But the whole scorpion things is stupid as is the Spiderrider thing.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#731 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:13 AM

I agree, NO giant scorpions. way uncanon!

#732 Colonel of War

Colonel of War
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

But don't you just use scopions for a scopion expansion for the EvilMen fortress ???
I think if they aren't allowed to be bigger than normal (let me say they are 10 - 20cm in reality) they can maybe fight against cats an little dogs but not against soldiers :rolleyes: ^ ^
And if they are bigger than in reality in the expansions, I guess you can use them as recruitable units too :ohmy:
why not?! :sad2:

Edited by Colonel of War, 24 October 2008 - 10:09 AM.

#733 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

Mumakil = Not elephant, and besides, Tolkien mentions them :rolleyes:
Wolves = Well, they are bad-ass enough from real-life, so if they are slightly larger it's not drastic measures :ohmy:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#734 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:07 PM

Scorpions= small, almost invisible, and poison enemies who get too close!!! :rolleyes: I say that works...
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#735 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

I was reading out of unfinished tales this morning and thought of an idea. It talked about the Easterling's slaves and thralls. Anyway, i've come up with an alternative spam unit.

Since the Easterlings did have slaves, it seems you could use them instead of Orcs. It could be the Easterling thrall master. It wouldn't be quite like the Angmar one, though. I was thinking it would not be able to summon multiple units (only standard slaves that come with him from the beginning) but I think if the thrall master dies, so should the slaves, like the Angmar one. They could be similar to peasants.
Greetings, community.

#736 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

I like that idea a lot better than the Orc Snagas. You could even postulate that it was Sauron who gave them slaves in exchange for their services. :sad:

#737 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:22 PM

I'm pretty sure Nazgûl won't be adding thrall masters :sad: . Maybe if we called it slavedriver or something, and removed all the magic powers... But I doubt it, because it would involve a lot of coding, lending yet another ROTWK unit and removing the perfectly fine snagas.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#738 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

I dont think it's all that....you dont have to rip the unit from ROTWK. Coding shouldn't be too hard, a lot of it you could borrow from ROTWK.

At least think of putting it on the list for polishing phrase, because it fits the faction better than Orc Snagas.

You could even do so the Slave Driver doesn't summon them, instead he would come out with the slaves at the very beginning.

Edited by Jeth Calark, 01 November 2008 - 03:47 AM.

#739 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:27 PM

I'm pretty sure Nazgûl won't be adding thrall masters :sad: . Maybe if we called it slavedriver or something, and removed all the magic powers... But I doubt it, because it would involve a lot of coding, lending yet another ROTWK unit and removing the perfectly fine snagas.

No, not the Thrall masters from RotWK. Brand new Thrall masters. And what Magic powers? They don't have any magic powers.

Yes, did I forget to mention he could start with them and not summon them? The only thing that I think would be like the Angmar thrall master is that it has a main leader unit, and if they die, the rest of the group does, too.

Edit: Also, the book used the word Thrall several times. I think it is fine.

Edited by Gfire, 31 October 2008 - 10:28 PM.

Greetings, community.

#740 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

I have a different idea. Say that the slave troops are like Rohan Peasants, and if the slavedriver dies... THEY DEFECT!!! They join the other team!!! :sad:

I really like that idea, but maybe that's just because it's mine. ;)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users