#762 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

Exactly that. Someone clearly had fun devising those nifty things before some whacko-chief from EA ordered a stand down.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#763 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:14 PM

After the T4A beta release, I'll be playing with those codes... :grin:
Already started... ^_^ But yeah, there are quite a few things that EA started on that were very good, but scrapped... it's sad, but if modders can still make it happen with the left-over codes, it's okay.. We need some challenge ^_^

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#764 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 13 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

It's all good and all... :evgr: but haven't we left the topic here? ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#765 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

Well, it seems like a lot of work for just some slaves. You guys should probably work on something more important, like the evil men fortress, for now, at least. :thumbsdownsmiley:
Greetings, community.

#766 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:46 AM

I just noticed something. When a lair is destroyed, any surviving creeps go find another lair to merge with. I don't know if this will help, or if it only in RotWK, but I thought I should mention it. Maybe they just automatically search for the nearest one, which is usually the one they're from, or something. It might be useful for getting slaves off the map, though.
Greetings, community.

#767 Guest_Flame_of_Anor_*

Guest_Flame_of_Anor_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:29 AM

It's just a question if we should port to RotWK for this (7 factions max), or force the 7th faction into BFME2 and loose CaH and Stats for that faction...

I think that many people who don't have RotWK will be annoyed. Better to lose CaH and stats for the faction (CaH isn't very appealing to me for some reason).

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 20 February 2009 - 02:33 AM.

#768 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:33 AM

Forget about porting. Too much work for almost nothing.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#769 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

This has already been settled looong ago, so there's no need to even talk about it =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#770 Easterling

Easterling
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

I think this is a great idea.... just curious when will it come out summer i'm guessing.

#771 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

Yeah sometime in the summer. It will be worth the wait! :p
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#772 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

some of my ideas instead of the elite cavalry being rhun it should khand because thier is an article on wikipedia saying that variags were cavalry like the rohirrim

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#773 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:01 AM

and it is a good idea to make rhun the more base of the faction because their attacks have been the more damaging than harad or khand to gondor

now for an elite unit for evil men even though you have one,or maybe for mordor,it could make some sense, it should be black numenorians because they still have pure numenor blood and there were not much of them left,and about the black uruks,personally i dont think they should be elite units and i have good reason, it was stated that sauron used them more than orcs in battle mainly because they were more of a match,not stronger,but closer than orcs to men,

now a really cool one would be the hill trolls of gorogoth :) i think they would look like the hill trolls from rise of the witch king except they are covered in armor,less like pikeman, and have one handed hammers because they had hammers in the battle of the morannon(black gate) and they would just smash the ground :xcahik_: and polverize everyone :p and just to tell you something,tower guard are NOT elite gondor units,they are the permanent GARRISON of minas tirith,and i like that you changed them to the fountain guard

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#774 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

Hill Trolls of Gorgoroth would be fabulous for Mordor, but I'd personally be against using anything affiliated with RotWK's Hill Trolls. They deserve to die somewhere in the nonexistent swamps of Ettenmoors from which they came. :)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#775 Guest_KP_*

Guest_KP_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

EDIT: *poll closed* Matter decided! We WILL add EvilMen, but we will NOT remove Moria (Goblins) :p It's just a question if we should port to RotWK for this (7 factions max), or force the 7th faction into BFME2 and loose CaH and Stats for that faction... Posted Image

“EvilMen” Faction!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rhün & Harad

Rhûn Fortress Keep
Posted Image
Posted Image
CREDITS: DIGI_Byte

EXPANSIONS
- Corpses in cages (Function like Mordor’s terror exp.)
- Scorpion Expansion (Function like Moria's spiderling exp.)
- Arrow Tower Expansion
UPGRADES
- Faction Flags (Discounts & Leadership)
- Crebain (Stealth detection)
- Fire Arrows
- Reinforced Fortress (+50% armor & pre requisite to Monument)
- Mûmakil Monument upgrade (Summons Wild Mûmakil horde + gives Leadership to all Mûmakil)

Porter
Posted Image

Heroes
Lorgan – Easterling King of Rhûn
Posted Image

Suladân – The “Black Serpent” WarLord of Near Harad
-Image currently removed-
CREDITS: Flameguard (Skin by Eldarion)

Mahûd Chieftain – of Far Harad
Posted Image
CREDITS: Robnkarla (Skin by Nazgûl)

Uldor – Variag Leader of Khand
Posted Image
CREDITS: Lord Istari
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhûn Walls
Posted Image

Rhûn Battle Tower
Posted Image

"EvilMen" Hero Statue
For bonuses, discounts and CP
Posted Image

Rhûn Barracks
Posted Image

Easterling Swordsmen - Normal infantry with shields
Posted Image

Easterling Pikemen - Strong anti cavalry
Posted Image

Easterling Spearmen – Very strong spearmen with shields
Posted Image

Easterling Axemen – Super elite infantry, single units (like Isengard's Berserkers)
Posted Image

Rhûn Stables
Posted Image

Easterling Kataphrakts - Strong cavalry (like Gondor knights)
Posted Image
CREDITS: Model by: Lauri. Edited by: Ed of the 3rd Kind. Skin by: Nazgûl

WainRider – Elite single unit cavalry, limited in numbers
Posted Image
*MODEL NEEDED*

Rhûn Forge Works (Armory/Siege Hall)
For BC, FB & HA + Siege Equipment
Posted Image

Easterling Catapult – Normal siege unit
Posted Image

Rhûn Windmills
For resources and CP
Posted Image

Harad Palace Tent
For Harad Heroes... and whatnot
Posted Image

Harad Monument
For bonuses and CP (No discounts)
Posted Image

Harad Barracks
Posted Image

Haradrim Swordsmen - Basic infantry
Posted Image

Harad Hâsharii - Elite infantry / Anti heroes
Posted Image

Harad Archery Range
Posted Image

Haradrim Lancers – Normal ranged infantry

Haradrim Archers – Elite archers

Harad Stables
Posted Image

Haradrim Raiders – Light spear cavalry
>>> MODEL WiP by FLAMEGUARD! <<<

Haradrim Bow Raiders – Light archer cavalry
>>> MODEL WiP by FLAMEGUARD! <<<

Mahûd Camel Riders - Light Spear/Archer cavalry (might replace the Haradrim Bow version ^)
If possible, might use Blow Guns, but doubtful Flame will animate that :dry:
Posted Image

Harad Mûmakil Pen
Posted Image

Mahûd Mûmak Rider – (Instead of Banner Carrier upgrade)
Posted Image
CREDITS: Lauri (Skin by Nazgûl)

Mûmakil – Super heavy cavalry
Posted Image
>>> BFME2 MODEL <<<

Royal black Mûmakil - Super heavy hero cavalry
Posted Image

Harad Armory
For BC, FB & HA
Posted Image

Harad Watch Tower
With Haradrim Tower Lancers
Posted Image

Khand “palace”
Posted Image

Khand Swordsmen – Support units
Posted Image
CREDITS: Lord Istari

Harad Slave Mill
For resources and CP (high level gains)
Posted Image

Ah... I have no word for BA this arrangement is sounding. I LOVE it. There are possible changes, though. For example, Rhun could have archers of its own, right? Khand could have Archers, too. Didn't Tolkien say Variags use Axes? And mostly horsemen? Great mod, I would like to know if its on moddb. Does it work with cpus whose owners are having problems with making their own mod? Because only RJ gets past that struggle.

Did Someone say Minifactions? Well... Vote on which one should be the minifaction.

Khand: A Variag Barracks upgrade that adds loads more units and heroes to the structure.

Umbar: Corsair Tavern. So many Corsair and Black Numenorean troops and leaders that you'll call it a faction.

Far Harad: Mix of Mahuds, Half-Trolls, Camels, Camel Riders, Oliphaunts, Oliphaunt Riders, and Mumakils that could very well fill a jungle.

Red Mountains: Men that have Dwarven and Human talents. Alongside Warg-sized Scorpions, Drakes, Dragons, Anacondas, and Vipers.

Dorwinion: Northmen militias called "Sandwatch" who are basically corsairs with hitman tactics instead of pirate tactics.

Whos it gonna be? You have to vote coopertively. Axes n' horses, pirates, jungle-men, multirace talent, or assassin militias?

I've already got one vote to Dorwinion from someone I know. I say Red Mountains or Umbar.

#776 Guest_KP_*

Guest_KP_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

EDIT: *poll closed* Matter decided! We WILL add EvilMen, but we will NOT remove Moria (Goblins) :p It's just a question if we should port to RotWK for this (7 factions max), or force the 7th faction into BFME2 and loose CaH and Stats for that faction... Posted Image

Em, no. EA has a Craete-a-hero policy that says "only 8 factions to create-a-hero". And look at Rob's mod, his has 10 factions! So, we can have 8 factions that all have Create-a-hero in this mod, and keep it in BfME2.

#777 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:25 AM

BFME2 has more than RotWK? :p
Greetings, community.

#778 Guest_KP_*

Guest_KP_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:18 AM

No, RotWK comes with more. But, they both have the coding systems for as many factions as a fan may want to put into either game. And the whole CaH thing is: 8 factions can select CaH s the easy way, and the rest have to: 1. select hero, 2. hold ctrl, 3. hit first letter of name, and then the CaH becomes used.

That's the precise description. Anyway, which minifaction do you want for Evil Men. I'm thinking about a different name and some additional heroes, by the way.

#779 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:37 AM

KP: You lost me at "Red Mountains".
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#780 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

Officially I left SEE some time ago, But I found out no-one was finishing my models so... WEll im back to finished the Rhun stuff.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users