Photo

Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#101 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:49 AM

:p
Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#102 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  • Projects:R:ROTC, Destructivality, Factorio Mods
  •  Coder

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

hmm, you are calling him a mutant, when without even scrolling up too far, i see a devil dog with a needle, a walrus, and a tank. and now you can see some cheesily drawn colonal.

Edited by BobingAbout, 25 June 2007 - 08:28 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:36 AM

I don't think so :p But that would be really cool! :crazed:
Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#104 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:36 AM

you like my avatar, lol.
would require a new engine me thinks, this 1 isn't programmed to use more than the first frame (1 of my cameos has a shadow frame, but it works perfectly fine)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#105 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

Animated cameos aren't possible.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#106 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:31 AM

No they aren't possible (animated cameos) and still after 6 pages, this thing isn't having much of direction or strict guiding lines presented & being agreed to so need 1 to lead the project and organise this shit and define the full whole plan and adjust according to feedback from community.

If ask me, even I don't know what this is supposed to be, first i hear about remake, then ppl are leaning on to re-creation with suggestions...

so okay if its just remake strictly, that means remake art but better than originals while staying true to originals and codewise you'd have it similar so play like original...?

Surely theres some deeper thoughts to this than visual department & stick to original as mind you but i don't think original had much flavour with gameplay and designs so I'd rather overhaul and go for something like Gangster's more proper RA2 vision that isn't remake stricly but more recreation.

Most reason mods are liked because they do things differently (than original) while remake wouldn't in deeper sense.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#107 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

Don't waist your breath fingers Apollo, i was just totally ignored for saying practically the same thing. Besides i don't see speeder actually doing/saying/or even commenting about the bloody things anyway 0_o
Posted Image

#108 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  • Projects:Enemy Enhanced, Mapping
  •  Friendly face
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:24 PM

Ya thats true he did this kind of thing for TW also... It might be one of those things just to try to see what kind of followers he has... :p

And truth fully this kind of project should be left open for the big dogs, that can actually make this happen...

I don't think that last quote was needed there mad. Speeder has the ability to make this he made MO and thats a hell of a mod. I am sure he can do it :lol:

#109 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

Coders are nothing without graphics artists and vise versa, which is why most mods fail. Usually one of them wants to do there own thing.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#110 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

And NO modder/mod contributor is worth a shit without a clear direction. Right now this currently has all the singular-direction of spaghetti.

Seriously...make your bloody minds up, or I'll do it the hell for you. See this is why community projects FAIL, ladies.

#111 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:25 AM

^ What he said! :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#112 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:10 AM

Yeah... I wanted to say that but I like the idea of SHARING. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#113 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:29 PM

sharing works both ways, however i always seem to help with code, and never get anything else in return.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#114 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

:High Five: :rolleyes:

Now Back To Work! :rolleyes:
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#115 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  • Projects:Enemy Enhanced, Mapping
  •  Friendly face
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

Imo MO was a great mod but somethings I would change but still :rolleyes:

#116 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:23 AM

'Coding' is a really loose term here. Basically it's closer to 'switching' as all your doing is giving values to rules flags, not hacking away in C++. Big difference. Anyone who isn't off the wall retarded can eventually learn enough flag combos to make a halfway decent shot at getting things in, bigger scope direction is what so called 'coders' actually usually provide.

Granted, however, sometimes kickass mods are made mostly by artists just bouincing ideas around and the 'coder' just moderating their artistic chaos.
Being a total douche.

#117 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:15 AM

Regraphic, rebalance, remod, remake. I think community project is something important to do for RA2 other case I truly see no more point in modding this game.

The last sentence is an insult to all the hosted RA2/YR mods and especially TC's?

No point? .. If your sick of the game then piss off to be honest, even brianprime returns like the plague, we don't need to hear "game is dead, etc, etc" The fact its been alive for 9 years or so with all this cool 3D stuff, I'm quite frankly surprised and amused.

Also YR remake? What the hell is that?

To some people its remake graphics, to others, it using Rock Patch and new features? A awful lot of confusion and now this thread has evolved into graphics vs ini editing etc.

Graphics make stuff look cool and ini enhances it, you can have beautiful units spoiled by awful rules (e.g. super overpowered/unpowered) or simply awful graphics, good rules but no one plays it as they notice poor normals, missing frames etc.

So they are interdependent.

Also ;) at anyone who says the RA2/YR community is awful, in comparison to Eclipse Network days, you guys flame a lot lot less ;)

Edited by Allied General, 28 June 2007 - 10:16 AM.

Posted Image

#118 BobingAbout

BobingAbout

Serious Modder

• Hosted
  • 1,288 posts
  •  Coder

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:16 PM

although RA2 modding isn't really 'Coding' i am still a coder. YR isn't the only game i mod, but out of the 4, 2 of them require scripts, and scripting is a form of coding, the ability to make something totally new, rather than just changing values of something that already existed. this is where the true fun lies. oh, and incase you going to say "you are a scripter, not a coder", mods isn't all i code ;) i do some C too.

Edited by BobingAbout, 28 June 2007 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:58 AM

Note to Bobing: These forums aren't spefiically designed for you to talk about your aspergerian self all the time. Thanks for missing my point, btw.
Being a total douche.

#120 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:34 AM

Its better to say something, then nothing. :p

That's what Livejournal is for.

Seriously though, I challenge you to find one of his posts that couldn't be transcribed as something he was just saying to his pet cat to inflat his own ego. Count the times he uses 'I' for chrissake.

Thread about some voxel which is grey:
I use the grey scheme for the CDA tanks in my mod, and I have his a peculiar problem with my 666 tank. I made it in blah blah my mod, blah blah I blah I blah

This is why I want to ram people who have 'autism awareness' stickers on the highway. Yes, I'm aware. You people talk to much for me not to be.

Edited by Rattuskid, 30 June 2007 - 02:35 AM.

Being a total douche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users