Photo

Let's remake RA2 on the same engine. ('A modders life')

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#81 Gosho

Gosho

Go for it!

• Members
  • 780 posts
  • Projects:C&C Mahaira
  •  Doing something hideous, disturbing, anti-social

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

I think that unless you people get a clear idea soon enough, you'll just loose interest.

First of all, who is the leader of the mod? Second, who is in the team? Third, what are you making?

Sort out those, and then begin to make the mod.

#82 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  • Projects:Enemy Enhanced, Mapping
  •  Friendly face
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

We need speeder but hes not doing anything about this?

#83 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

Its speeders idea his choice not ours. Lets let him make the choice.

I believe this was a community project, thus all of our choices and that is the reason this will never work properly.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#84 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:02 AM

Radiation? Do we need radiation? RA didn't have it, TS didn't have it, TW doesn't have it, and it is one of the more unrealistic features. (Mind controling actually made more sense) To make it have a sense of realism it would need to last forever, which would make infantry obsolete (Haz-mat suits!) So we have the choice between no RP and no rad, I choose no rad.

Although that is a good idea in theory, you would make the Desolator rather redundant quickly. Its secondary weapon would cease to exist. And the Tesla Trooper could easily match the Desolator's rad cannon.

Edit: Only just realised there was another page of posts.

I never quite got why we need the Rock Patch to make a bugless M.A.D. Tank, all you need is for it to deploy into a building that has a weapon that automatically fires, but needs to charge up for a while, just like the Tesla Coil.

It can also be done using the Chaos Drone's deploy-fire logic, I managed to make a working M.A.D. tank using that, of course I didn't give it the 20 cell Area of Effect, but 9 was good enough.

Edited by Nighthawk, 24 June 2007 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#85 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  •  Friendly face

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

Its speeders idea his choice not ours. Lets let him make the choice.

I believe this was a community project, thus all of our choices and that is the reason this will never work properly.

True But if you ask me We need someone Like speeder to lead this and we help along. That might take away some of the community project thing but other wise I don't think this will work.

#86 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  • Projects:Drinking coffee
  •  Floating about

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:20 AM

You would need someone capable of organising and keeping the bickering down, just looking at this thread shows that there is need for someone with authority :rolleyes: So yeah Speeder leading the project seems like a good idea ^_^

I may chip in with some work from time to time :dry:
If people were more constructive with their comments, then this place would be more enjoyable
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

Guys this isn't gonna work. Let's first make a plan (not to detailed) what we're gonna do like adding unti X to side Y and modifieng unit Z. Put that in a big list an let Speeder decide what we're gonan do of that and what not. Then later we could make again such a list etc...
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#88 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:02 PM

We need to at least define clearly what is meant by 'remaking RA2', then anyone who still doesn't seem to understand will be able to.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#89 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

Well we.. err you shouldn't add new units, only change and enhance current units. This time around the game should actually have units that need support such as the basic tanks and other rush units.

Country specials should also be enhanced a hell of a lot. Like, give Sniper C4 and make him a commando of sorts (Personally I think the SEAL should be removed, since it is a useless unit which is why it wasn't there in RA2.) or the Terrorist could be given it's prerelease attributes to make it a much more strategic unit.

Posted Image

#90 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  •  Friendly face

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

Well we.. err you shouldn't add new units, only change and enhance current units. This time around the game should actually have units that need support such as the basic tanks and other rush units.

Country specials should also be enhanced a hell of a lot. Like, give Sniper C4 and make him a commando of sorts (Personally I think the SEAL should be removed, since it is a useless unit which is why it wasn't there in RA2.) or the Terrorist could be given it's prerelease attributes to make it a much more strategic unit.

Agree with bolt. Its more fun to back up your weak forces with better forces. And if you ask me country specific units are a joke :rolleyes:

#91 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

Whole country system is a joke. They should've been much more different from each other.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#92 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:34 PM

In RA1, there were no country specials, but each country was slightly better in a certain attribute than the others, for example the armour of England's units was slightly higher than the other countries, and Germany's firepower was higher. Likewise, the speed of Ukraine's ground units was higher. All of this is still possible in RA2, and the system has been modified a bit to give greater control.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#93 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:51 PM

To be honest i don't think the term "Remake" should be used for this community project. Becuase if you are going to "remake" something then you generally HAVE to keep to the boundaries of the original just touch-up and change the graphics... people seem ademant to ADD things to the mod such as other countries etc.

Like suggested i think that people need to sit down and write and plan WHAT exactly they want to do with the mod. Yeah i think Speeder should also help direct and lead the mod but remember it is suppose to be a "community" project so each of the individuals who contribute should have an equal say :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#94 Carnotaurus

Carnotaurus
  • Project Team
  • 101 posts
  • Projects:.Secret.
  •  Resident (amateur) paleontologist

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

Better yet, put in the RA nations.

Spain, Turkey, Greece...

So we have the choice between no RP and no rad, I choose no rad.

So rendering the Soviets without a superweapon in online MP is better then having no MAD tank? :S

#95 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 24 June 2007 - 05:03 PM

Since when did RP kill rad anyways?

Posted Image

#96 Guest_MCV (Away)_*

Guest_MCV (Away)_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

Spain, Turkey, Greece...

So we have the choice between no RP and no rad, I choose no rad.

So rendering the Soviets without a superweapon in online MP is better then having no MAD tank? :S

Ever noticed how the Red Alert nuke didn't leave radiation? I didn't say that a Nuke had to leave radiation. It could be a Hafnium nuke...

If all we had to do was remake the Graphics all we had to do was to talk to MiG and hed have it done within a couple of months (if he wanted to...)

Look at how Dune2k was a remake of Dune II, it was improved, both graphically and gameplay -wise.

#97 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:56 PM

Spain, Turkey, Greece...

Were they not unplayable? I know they're listed in RA1's rules.ini, but they've never been in the country list in my RA1.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#98 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:20 PM

How about we give the Soviets a Fusion Missile/bomb! :crazed: We could say that the Soviets found out a way to start the fusion process with out using a fission bomb :p It would be good because Nuclear Fusion doesn't leave any radiation :blink: And we could fix the desolators weapon by simply giving it a big flash of green light instead.

Edited by TX1138, 24 June 2007 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#99 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:34 PM

How about we give the Soviets a Fusion Missile/bomb! :crazed: We could say that the Soviets found out a way to start the fusion process with out using a fission bomb :p It would be good because Nuclear Fusion doesn't leave any radiation

If that were true you'd never get sunburn. Nuclear fusion leaves gamma radiation, on a much larger scale than a fission bomb alone, because unlike a fission bomb where you just have the leftover byproducts being radioactive, a fission bomb bombards an area with radiation of the gamma (and maybe beta?) variety, causing otherwise non-radioactive materials to become radioactive.
Being a total douche.

#100 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

Well, we never said that YR was realistic, did we? :crazed: Weather Storms, Chronospheres, Iron Curtains, Genetic Mutators, Psychic Dominators, they're not exactly realistic, are they? :p

Edited by TX1138, 24 June 2007 - 11:53 PM.

Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users