882 replies to this topic

#41 fehik

fehik
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

Ugluk: lvl 1: They are on our trail! -major speed bonus to nerby Uruks
lvl 3 : Bloodlust - +150% damage and invulnerability for 5 seconds
lvl 5: Meat is back on menu! - kills a nearby ally Uruk or Orc and regains health and sets the timers of previous powers to 0
lvl 10: Saruman's captain - it's a Call of the Horde style power, the idea is that if Ugluk stands near to an uruk pit or any other production structure (except the Clan Steading), then all Unit timers are 0, for Wargs and siege 5 seconds, but he must stand near to these strucures

Wulf: lvl 1: Leadership
lvl 3: "We will die for Saruman!!" - major armor and attack boost
lvl 5: Drums of the mountain (horn of gondor style power)
lvl 10: Personal guard (summons some kind of elite dunlendings in great numbers)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:42 AM

Uglúk
Lvl 1: Whip of Saruman - nearby Uruks gain a speed increase
Lvl 4: Bloodlust - like Lurtz' carnage
Lvl 7: Meat's back on the menu! - restores health to all nearby Uruks and heroes

Wulf:
Lvl 1: Leadership for Dunlendings only, other powers I agree with Fehik
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#43 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

hm... new suggestions seem cool too, but i'm sitll sticking to the earlier posts where guyz suggested Ugluk power abilities sets, w/ like 5 powers... the more the merrier. In any case, I don't think "Meat's back on the Menu" should be heal to himself only, it should heal all uruks in a medium radius... but healing them by killing allied orcs or urks basically is pointless considering they already have the ability. Perhaps it should give them a minor attk bonus, and faster attack rate (desperation for food lmao?) and each time they dmg./ kill/hit their enemies be it whatever faction or creature, they regain hp at a RAPID rate.... :blink: ;) :blush:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:13 PM

Units only get experience from using bloodthirsty...

Ugluk:
lvl1: Leadership
lvl2: Whip of Saruman; Ugluk and nearby uruks temporarily go a bit faster
lvl4: Feed the Horde; Kills a single orc/uruk to heal nearby units in a small radius
lvl7: Bloodlust; Passive power; Ugluk now heals himself every time he attacks and his attacks are stronger
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#45 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

What about making 'meats back on the menu' a PASSIVE power, that nearby Uruks using bloodthirsty not only get xp but also restore health!
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#46 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Something like that would be great, if its possible...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#47 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

Ugluk:
lvl4: Feed the Horde; Kills a single orc/uruk to heal nearby units in a small radius
lvl7: Bloodlust; Passive power; Ugluk now heals himself every time he attacks and his attacks are stronger

lmao really... i'd confuzed myself! ;) :blink:

But ne one here nno like how much experience u would get from bloodthirsty aability if u were ssay... lvl 1?? :huh:

about ur idea for "meats back on the menu" it'd be okay for like a very low lvl ability but perhaps it needs something to make it just a bit stronger and more effective? Cuz i mean.. i guess that would rlly encourage ppl to use the bloodthirsty ability a bit more.. but stil.... :blush:

Also, welcome back panda!! im missed u :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

Ugluk:

lmao really... i'd confuzed myself! ;) :blink:

But ne one here nno like how much experience u would get from bloodthirsty aability if u were ssay... lvl 1?? :huh:

about ur idea for "meats back on the menu" it'd be okay for like a very low lvl ability but perhaps it needs something to make it just a bit stronger and more effective? Cuz i mean.. i guess that would rlly encourage ppl to use the bloodthirsty ability a bit more.. but stil.... :blush:

Also, welcome back panda!! im missed u :)

1- If I remember, it took 2 bloodthirsties for uruks to get to level 2.
2- Well yeah it would be low-level but would still be a cool power imo.

Edited by Nu8, 10 August 2007 - 05:16 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#49 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:42 PM

Hey the name "Whip of Saruman" was my idea! I want some credit! haha.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#50 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:20 AM

not exactly very orginal is it? "They run as if the very whips of their masters' are behind them!" Hmmmm- Whip of Sarumon

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#51 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:48 AM

i was just kidding geesh.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#52 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

i know :D i was just pointing it out

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#53 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

Where to start on this??

Well, for Ugluk powers I'd like him to be a captain sort where he has more troop control:

lvl 2 - Whip of Saruman = +% in speed
lvl 4 - Uruk Draught = Heals nearby troops. I'd like it to be where you select a horde and then an area. The horde is killed and the area healeda slight amount, but if that does not work, then it will just heal Uruks the area.
lvl 7 - Alive and unspoiled = temporarily converts one selected horde/unit
lvl 10 - Stand your ground = -% in speed, +% in Defense, +% attack, +%vision, +%range

I'm also looking into the lurtz/ugluk combo. They both have some sort of leadership that will complement each other, but when they are both there I'm adding an additional bonus to nearby troops, "Captains of the Uruk-Hai". This will be available to them as long as both are there.

As for the wargs. I'll be adding a +% increase of damage to cavalry units for them, and removing their trample. They will still be cavalry units, but they will be stronger now against them. Pikemen, though will still the vital counter to them. The wargs are meant to be chasers and finish off the cavalry.

For Wulf. I'm reviewing his power and will comment once I am done.

For siege - well. I'm re-doing some things with siege and buildings :good: Things will most likely change.

#54 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

Very Interesting. In a Good Way.

I like what your doing with ugluk and wargs. Sounds very good, and the lurtz/ugluk combo sounds neat. Nothing any other hero has. One Question: Will "Stand Your Ground" be just for ugluk, or a speical leadership for uruk-hai?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#55 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

Stand your ground will be a leadership units around and including Ugluk, triggered similar to glorious charge. It's sort of the anti-thesis of Glorious Charge. I might move it to a lower level, but I like the idea of Rohan triggering Glorious charge and Isengard of all of the factions can have a counter to it of sorts.

It's along the lines that I'd like to create hero/power counters between specific heroes/factions etc.

Eowyn's smite should be powerful against nazguls
Theoden should be strong against the Black Serpent.
Lurtz' cripple should be stong Boromir.
Aragorn should be strong against Lurtz.
etc.

It should not be incredible differences, but it should be taken into account when playing. In BFME1, Eowyn was a powerful hero to have vs. Mordor, while not as powerfuly against other factions. I think this sort adds to the individuality of unts/heroes/factions by themselves and against others.

#56 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 11 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

YAY Trample is getting removed from warg packs? OMAGAD THREE YAYZ! :good:

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#57 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

It's along the lines that I'd like to create hero/power counters between specific heroes/factions etc.

Eowyn's smite should be powerful against nazguls
Theoden should be strong against the Black Serpent.
Lurtz' cripple should be stong Boromir.
Aragorn should be strong against Lurtz.
etc.

It should not be incredible differences, but it should be taken into account when playing. In BFME1, Eowyn was a powerful hero to have vs. Mordor, while not as powerfuly against other factions. I think this sort adds to the individuality of unts/heroes/factions by themselves and against others.

hehe, i think we talked about this a while ago on msn. glad to see it implemented :good:

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#58 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

heros havin bonuses gainst other specific heros is vital, makes it all feel mor lik the movies.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 snoopyzero

snoopyzero

title available

• Project Team
  • 256 posts
  • Projects:RA/TDH-Mapping
  •  Style than Talent

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

i have a suggestion:

the people of dunland have the same building like the corsairs of umbar but in my opinion it just looks stupid and lazy of EA. so i just want to plese you to take an wildman building and replace the tavern.

it just looks better.
Posted Image

#60 Deathbringer

Deathbringer
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:19 PM

Isen needs better archers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users