662 replies to this topic

#21 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 04 July 2007 - 11:03 AM

Ah well, I saw some regions that granted 20% attack bonus and such, but that might be some old stuff, I'm glad all the regions don't grant a huge amount.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#22 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 05 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

well, i d-loaded all the video and audio files and all that, but there was still one line missing in moria. Its where legolas says something like "50, 51, 52, 53, can you keep up master dwarf?" happens right after balin's tomb.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#23 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

Ah yes, when you begin killing the masses of goblins in the halls.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#24 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

Now if only I could have some way to get better control over this. I really would like to see a black gate where EVERYONE is there to battle if you so choose without the map being an hour+.

couldnt you just make a map ini for black gate that changes the how long the reinforcements take? or for that matter if you really dont want imrahil, make a map ini on all the other levels that forbids you to build him.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#25 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

I'm looking for the code where I can change that. It is stored in the RTS default settings. I'll have to try to see if it works in the map.ini. For that matter, I have to see if I can add any livingworld information in the map.ini.

#26 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

Ah, the campaign now works for me! Thx for fixing it!

A suggestion: after Lothlórien you get Éomer's army, and with that you're able to go straight to Helm's Deep or Eaves of Fangorn, or go to Amon Hen with the fellowship. Isn't it better to remove those options, so you have to 'unlock' Helm's Deep? It's kinda weird going to Eaves of Fangorn first and have Merry and Pippin captured on Amon Hen later.

I mean, in BfME1 campaign it was that you would play a mission with the fellowhip first, i.e. Lorien, and after that you had to fight with Éomer's army and choose between 2 territories.

Edited by Allathar, 10 July 2007 - 02:25 PM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#27 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

I really, really wish I could. The enable/disable region that BFME1 used does not work for RotWK/BFME2. I'll try again different things, but this might just be a quirk I have to live with.

At the very least I think I should limit movement from Eastfold to Eaves of Fangorn and remove the ability to jump straight to Helm's Deep.

#28 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

Yes I noticed this too. Btw, the Eastfold mission owns! The speech of Éomer is great.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#29 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

Thank you.

I've very proud of that one and some of the others I created from scratch. I hope it gives an idea of where the campaign is headed. I just hope to keep it up.

Edited by robnkarla, 10 July 2007 - 08:00 PM.

#30 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

I got a problem nasty graphics problem:

As I started to play Moria, the movies/cutscenes shows just fine, but when the game starts my screen goes RED. It gets normal after I click left-mouse button, but goes back to red in matter of seconds. I just installed new drivers for VGA, but it didn't helped.

Anyone else had this same problem? How to fix it?

I got 1GB ram, AMD 3800+ 64 and NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#31 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:31 PM

By the way, you really have to limit Éomer's movement lol, he can go to Cair Andros right away.

I played Amon Hen again but this time Boromir's cinematic processed normally. The game only crashed when the Uruks came and I used Gimli's Leap ability.

The error said it included this:
C:\DOCUME~1\User\DEFINI~1\Temp\dab2_appcompat.txt

I don't know if this can provide a clue, or perhaps should I try to find and open that file to see if something useful is written there.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#32 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

I got a problem nasty graphics problem:

As I started to play Moria, the movies/cutscenes shows just fine, but when the game starts my screen goes RED. It gets normal after I click left-mouse button, but goes back to red in matter of seconds. I just installed new drivers for VGA, but it didn't helped.

Anyone else had this same problem? How to fix it?

I got 1GB ram, AMD 3800+ 64 and NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB.

I've seen that on my computer. For some reason it happens on that map when you play on Ultra high and sometime high graphic settings. One thing you can do it set the settings to medium and see if that helps. It only happens with Moria.

#33 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

Gotta give it another try with lower graphics settings...

It was really a shame that I couldn't enjoy the awesome view in Moria, that you have created. Though it was too short, but I guess I would say it's too short, even if it would take two hours to play through. That's because my favorite part in the movies and the books was Moria. :p

I found some tooltips errors (like Rohan's stables), but I report them later as them occurs.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#34 Crashdoc

Crashdoc
  • Project Team
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 02:35 AM

The only thing that you need to lower to get rid of the red is the Shadows, it works only with none, low and medium for Moria.

Crashdoc

#35 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:02 AM

I guess I'll CnP my post to the General Talk...

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#36 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:04 AM

I really, really wish I could. The enable/disable region that BFME1 used does not work for RotWK/BFME2. I'll try again different things, but this might just be a quirk I have to live with.

At the very least I think I should limit movement from Eastfold to Eaves of Fangorn and remove the ability to jump straight to Helm's Deep.

How about making Eomer available at turn 4 (1 turn later), so you usually play through Amon Hen at turn 3, right? ;)

Just played through Eaves of Fangorn, man that was tough, in a good way. :p

PS. I got also crash in Amon Hen when the wargs appear and another time when Boromir is shown surrounded by Uruks.

Edited by Ergopad, 11 July 2007 - 10:06 AM.

Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#37 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

NOES! Amon Hen doesn't crash anymore at the warg attack, but now after the Boromir cinematic... Couldn't it be something with the objectives? The game crashes when I'm about to get the new objective to save Boromir...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#38 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:16 PM

All right, if I have to I'll be writting all of Amon Hen!! Yeah, it changes when it crashes each time you play, so I think it is some of the voice scripts, or reactions to someone's health. This bug is my #1 priority for 1.05.02. If nothing else, I want to fix this annoying bug. (It's been around the longest.)

The most challenging thing about it - You never know when it is fixed. I've played it 6 times in a row, thought I had it fixed, the next time it crashed.

Robert

Edited by robnkarla, 11 July 2007 - 04:23 PM.

#39 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

Maybe it's something with the abilities? The first time, I crashed when Lurtz said "Die Human", I think it's when he casts Cripple Strike.

The second time, I used Gimli's Leap, he hadn't even elevated in the air yet when the game crashed.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#40 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

i played it twice, first time when gandalf wizard blst the first warg pack when it crashed, the second it was earlier, with the first 1/2 warg riders hordes.

could it be someone leveling up to a certain level or something like that?
that would explain why it doesnt always happen at the same time, and sometimes never.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users