662 replies to this topic

#41 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

Eastfold:
- Gandalf is GRAY
- Eomer's speech is awesome! But doesn't fit very good, if you go to the place with fellowship ^_^ Also in Eaves of Fangorn, there is Eomer's lines before he arrives.

Helm's Deep:
- if fellowship arrives without dead members, Theoden unavailable.
- if Gandalf is dead when arrived to helm's deep, he CAN be revived!

Have you thought about making just ONE army (Rohan+fellowship) and the area defines, what heroes and when they are available? Would it be possible? That would fix the problem with "wrong characters" arriving wrong area.

All areas hostile at start.

-> Moria (with fellowship)
-> Lothlorien (with fellowship)
-> Amon Hen (no hobbits after this)
-> Eastfold (with Eomer, the rest joins at the end of the map or after time perioid)
-> Eaves of Fangorn (like Eastfold) || Helm's Deep (Theoden and Eowyn joins at start, Eomer and Gandalfs joins after time perioid)
-> and so on...

Ps. Would it be possible to put Elves (Elrond, Glorfindel and Arwen) start location on some other, friendly area. It feels odd to move away from Rivendell and then go back to save it...?

Edited by Ergopad, 11 July 2007 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#42 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

To address a couple of the points
Eastfold:
- Currently I have only scripted it for when Eomer and his party. I will be adding different scripts for if the fellowship arrives. The goal is to map the maps flexible, so if it is the fellowship, the story will be more of Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Boromir, & Gandalf following the uruks and saving the Eastfold instead of Eomer. This just had not been done yet.

- Gandalf is grey - I will be fixing this. This has to do with me changing how Gandalf becomes white. In the campaign he will be white and have the powers after Moria. (The bonus are not there in Lorien and Amon Hen though he may be white)

Helm's Deep:
The problems with Theoden are based around the issues that I faced with Theoden being part of the Men faction in the past release. I need to re-script the map for this change. I did not think everyone would be testing the campaign so much :p I still have not done really any work since the factions were reorganized.

I've thought about different options that I could do with the campaign. If it becomes too unbearable I'll switch it to just one army, but the idea is the map scripting will change the game depending on which heroes/units you bring. (Helm's Deep, minus Theoden and Eowyn problem, actually has the scripting already in it if Gondor, Dwarves or Elves arrive to fight.) I wanted to try to re-create the feeling of the 2 armies from BFME1, but expand that to dwarves in the north-east, elves in the west, & maybe Imrahil in the south.

So we'll see how it goes once I do the faction clean-up and add a couple more maps. I will be doing this as soon as the factions are finished. If you play Rhudaur, I think you might see the power of the different armies. In that map, depending on who you bring determines other things like the porters you get, the buildings you can build. I've only just begun to flex out this area.

Enough rambling, let me know if this all makes sense.

Robert J.

#43 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:59 PM

yes it makes perfect sense :p
the campaign is very good and challenging i love it
keep up the good work
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#44 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:57 AM

To address a couple of the points
Eastfold:
- Currently I have only scripted it for when Eomer and his party. I will be adding different scripts for if the fellowship arrives. The goal is to map the maps flexible, so if it is the fellowship, the story will be more of Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Boromir, & Gandalf following the uruks and saving the Eastfold instead of Eomer. This just had not been done yet.

- Gandalf is grey - I will be fixing this. This has to do with me changing how Gandalf becomes white. In the campaign he will be white and have the powers after Moria. (The bonus are not there in Lorien and Amon Hen though he may be white)

Helm's Deep:
The problems with Theoden are based around the issues that I faced with Theoden being part of the Men faction in the past release. I need to re-script the map for this change. I did not think everyone would be testing the campaign so much ;) I still have not done really any work since the factions were reorganized.

I've thought about different options that I could do with the campaign. If it becomes too unbearable I'll switch it to just one army, but the idea is the map scripting will change the game depending on which heroes/units you bring. (Helm's Deep, minus Theoden and Eowyn problem, actually has the scripting already in it if Gondor, Dwarves or Elves arrive to fight.) I wanted to try to re-create the feeling of the 2 armies from BFME1, but expand that to dwarves in the north-east, elves in the west, & maybe Imrahil in the south.

So we'll see how it goes once I do the faction clean-up and add a couple more maps. I will be doing this as soon as the factions are finished. If you play Rhudaur, I think you might see the power of the different armies. In that map, depending on who you bring determines other things like the porters you get, the buildings you can build. I've only just begun to flex out this area.

Enough rambling, let me know if this all makes sense.

Robert J.

Well, if you that much energy, that you pull through scripting the areas depending on who is arriving and making it as good as it is now, I'll be very glad! ;) But I highly recommend the fellowship+rohan army as it would fix the "too early" (eaves of fangorn and helm's deep) problem too. And basically the fellowship+rohan are together most of the time, or atleast the fellowship/rohan arrives in the same area with delay (like helm's deep and eaves of fangorn).

And about the others armies, I think elves and dwarves might better be together too, though haven't seen the dwarves yet at all. Two or three armies are enough to get my brain tickle already. ;)

How about the Rivendell and elves start location? I think they rather should start next to Rivendell...

Overall, you have done great job and I've no doubt that this will be greatest bfme2 mod ever. :p

It's just me whining. :p
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#45 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:20 AM

Btw, about Rivendell, it's no problem. Just end phase, leaving Elrond where he is. You will have a fight. The same can be done with Éomer. The only thing that really must be done is limiting Éomer's movement since he can go to Helm's Deep & Cair Andros right away.

I've had an error again at Amon Hen, I was trying to post the information but the edit won't work. I'll post an image.

EDIT2:
Here it is.
Posted Image

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 12 July 2007 - 09:47 AM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#46 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:04 PM

That's strange, I have no bug at Amon-Hen with the 1.05.00 and now I have one with 1.05.01 when I must save Boromir.
I have found another in the Eastfold, the last wave, the one who comes on the low right corner, never arrives.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Aye, that horde just keeps standing and you can only attack them with archers.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#48 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:57 PM

The bug in Eastfold is that one of the hordes is created in the hill, and is therefore stuck. A single spear throw from Éomer is enough, since it splashes.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#49 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

yes, i got that too. Happened to four hordes i think, so i had to run around with my cav looking for in all the mountains to see where they were stuck.

try painting some impassable terrain on the mountains with worldbuidler. that happenes sometimes when you have little islands of passibility surround by nonpassability.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#50 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Helm's Deep:

Don't know if this happened to someone else, but I didn't have any reinforcements and couldn't get it finished even I killed all the bad guys.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#51 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:44 AM

I found to have no bug on Amon-Hen, it works every time for me.
Before the wargs arrive, there is a horde in the up left corner, kill it when you have to fight the uruks and after kills the other wargs.
It works really fine for me. Try and tell.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:06 AM

Going to try it right away! Thanks for mentioning.

EDIT: Tried twice, with no avail. With what graphic settings & resolution you play?

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 13 July 2007 - 11:23 AM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#53 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:22 PM

I play in high resolution, 1024x768
I can upload my save just before save Boromir, but where can I upload it?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

@ Ergopad:

You'll have to move 2 armies to Helm's Deep for the reïnforcements. In my case I ordered both Éomer's army and the Fellowship to Helm's Deep. But for some strange reason I started with Erkenbrands army and got Fellowship reïnforcements...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#55 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

YAY OMG FLARE, some people say the third try is the one, and I actually did it, I passed Amon Hen! I killed the warg rider party in the northeast as you said, and then the other wargs. This time I saw things were progressing normally; Boromir's Horn actually scared the Uruks and Merry and Pippin would be chased by an Uruk-Hai horde.

The final stage was really hard, isn't it possible to remove those Deathbringers? Gladly, I'm a good micro'er and I could save all the heroes.
Then Sam said "just a little further", and YAY VICTORY! Elves will sing of this glorious day!

I found some more bugs in the campaign though.
  • Whenever intentional or not, Fangorn does not provide a fight, Éomer can take it with no problems.
  • The resources actually diminish in the world map, isn't it possible to set them to 0 each time a fight ends?
  • Eaves of Fangorn:
    • The wargs patrolling the eastern river do not stop if you engage them, at least not from the north.
    • Only Éomer and a Rohirrim Battalion will actually spawn as reinforcements.
    • Additionally, don't you think this could be a map played by building plots or no buildings at all? It's weird to have builders in this map.
    • Éomer actually speaks before he has even arrived.
  • Helm's Deep:
    • Erkenbrand is visible.
    • It's impossible to save the peasants. The wargs target for them and they do not stop if you attack them.
    • Shelob's music does not seem to stop until Isengard's army comes.
    • The units refuse to stand on the walls, they will constantly move in vertical ways, or simply leave the wall.
    • Gamling (or Hama) spawns in Theoden's place. Eowyn is not there either.
    • Boromir can be revived even if he died at Amon Hen.
    • More time should be provided. Going on an impossible mission to save the peasants and building the base at the same time kills off the timer quickly.
    • The map is too laggy to actually be fun to play.
    • The initial Royal Guard battalion does not have experience.
    • The Battering Rams go for the wall instead of the gate.
    • Warg Riders who come with the true invasion acted weird.
    • Elven Warriors are outranged by Uruk Crossbowmen. Additionally, they die in one hit from Uruk Berserker's attack. In BFME 1 they died in 2 strikes. I think Elven Warriors need a big buff of HP and range, and maybe a cost increase to 700 or 750. EA removed Rohan because it was all about heroes and cavalry, and I kinda agreed with them, so we have to give Rohan the chance to base itself less off cavalry.
    • The reinforcements banner only said 'Éomer'.
    • I can actually transfer all the fellowship members to Éomer's army before the attack. Additionally, the fellowship would be the reinforcements if I hadn't moved all of Éomer's non-rider battalions to Aragorn's army.
    • The mines actually take long to come. The AI also appears to cast Arrow Volley in the mines for some reason.
    • When the fight started, Legolas fell from the wall, lol, I was trying to place him correctly so he would face south, and he was the first hero to die. If you put him very very close to the wall, the Uruks will charge towards him but they will not attack, granting a 'cheat' advantage.
    • I had a game.dat error when I withdrew all my army to the keep. I didn't see if the reinforcements were ready, but that might have been the cause, since I had another sound-loop before the error.
  • Rivendell:
    • I combined two Lorien Warrior battalions, one of them was the starting lvl 5 battalion, and the combined horde went back to lvl 1, but the banner carrier actually stayed there. He did not respawn when he died, though.
    • Glóin does not appear. I think this was intentional, however, I still think he should be in.
    • Isn't the mission a bit too tough when we're limited to only Lorien Warriors and Archers, and two battalions of Rivendell Lancers?
    • Why are Goblin heroes constantly spawning from the mountain? Drogoth would be enough to kill my 3 eagles alone. Fortunately, I had a Heal at hand...
    • Elrond's Athelas skill only works on himself.
    • The mission can trigger the Worm even if I didn't destroy the Goblins' building rubble.
    • Theoden can be summoned at the House of Elrond. Boromir can also be revived here.
That is all... for now.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 13 July 2007 - 02:52 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#56 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

Couldn't save peasants either. Archers are standing normally on wall for me, perhaps they move because you ordered them to go in aggressive stance. If you haven't just put them in defensive stance. They will not auto-attack then, but they'll hold their places. I'm not experiencing lag on the map, but that'll probably be cuz of my high-end pc.

Gobs are spawning weird on Rivendell, last time I played the batallion spawned next to the mountain except for 3 units who were moving OVER the mountain. Funny to see though :p

#57 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:57 PM

That you all, this REALLY helps. Hopefully I can re-vamp a bunch of the maps to correct the problems. Lol, my favorite I've seen is when Shelob storms over the mountain in Rivendell, wades through the river and attacks the gate! I've got some more scripting to do on Rivendell. They should not be building heroes from off the map.

#58 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:57 PM

Could you change the name of "summon elves and haldir"-power to "Summon Galadhrim"?

Are there any plans for more interior areas like Dimholt (skeletons, zombies, ghosts) and Cirith Ungol?

Edited by Ergopad, 14 July 2007 - 02:29 AM.

Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#59 Crashdoc

Crashdoc
  • Project Team
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:38 AM

I have a suggestion to fix one of the issues in the campaign, even though I haven't tested it myself, it might work.

Issue: When one of the heroes of Gondor dies (ie Boromir) he is available to recruit in other maps, according to the wotr workings.

Possible solution: Add a level 0 to those heroes (since you use Gondor faction for the campaign), but keep them built from level one when recruited. Then at the end of missions when the win conditions are met, make a check for who is dead and set his level to 0 (since levels are kept on the world map it would be kind of a flag to indicate that the hero's dead). The heroes would then be kept in the army, thus preventing them from being recruitable. In the following missions you can then make a check for who is level 0 and disable them for the map.

I think that makes sense and it might be a great help for you to do a bit more with the campaign :p

Please let me know if this is possible

Crashdoc

Edited by Crashdoc, 14 July 2007 - 03:40 AM.

#60 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:53 AM

I have found some more issues.

In Helm's Deep, Haldir doesn't move, he actually slides. I'm a story follower so I let Haldir die in Helm's Deep =P so I didn't test if it kept happening in other maps. Also, like in BFME 1, Gandalf comes to Helm's Deep on foot. Is it possible to make him mount automatically?

There are more territories, such as Erebor, High Pass and Celduin who do not give a fight.

Aren't we supposed to siege Isengard with Ents? I waited for them to spawn but they never did, so I attacked Isengard with Aragorn and Éomer. I'm still going to fight it, though, sorry if it was intentional.

In the Iron Hills, there are several hordes that get stuck in hills, and most spider rider hordes won't move if I don't approach them.
By the way, Dain's attack speed was increased in RotWK, but he seems to have returned to the original low attack speed.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users