• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

Rob, can't you make the campaign like BFME II? The new system is weird. It would be much clearer if we knew what to do.

LOL! the whole point of this mod is to make it like bfme1, where you can choose what to do. Also, this campaign isnt true to either the books or the movies, because its the good campaign. That means for instance, you save boromir, theoden doesnt die, etc.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#82 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

How do you get into the campaign?and what faction do i us
Edit Nvr mind found it on page 4

Edited by That Best Guest, 20 July 2007 - 07:30 PM.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#83 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

The campaign is found by going to War of the Ring and selecting the RJ-WotR option. Make sure you are Gondor and you will start in Dunland. It's a semi-scripted WotR that tried to mimic the style of BFME1.

Xingdao Fan - I know what you mean about the alliance between the dwarves and elves. When I initially started I thought quite a lot on how to handle the Elves and Dwarves. Logistically it is a nightmare because each map jumps around the living world like crazy and the order in which they happen. Also, I really wanted to try to capture it more how I imagined it would take place in the books.

Me personally, I did not think the alliance formed between elves and dwarves in the campaign fits at all. If anyone, the elves would have helped Rohan and Gondor out before the dwarves. I wanted to create instead regions of battle. Each map would more represent who lived there as you travel from map to map. Gloin I wanted the Iron Hills to be about more about when Gloin returns home after the council. Gloin and Dain would then head either to Celduin or Erebor depending on which way you choose.

At Celduin you would help Brand and Bard, who are protecting Lake-town instead of Dain. At Erebor you would meet up with Thorin as the forces begin to march on and siege the town. (One reason why I placed Gloin back at home is because I'm still debating whether I should kill Gloin and Brand off in Ereobor or not and then Gloin would be used as the leader, though Thorin would do as well.)

The same thing would be in the west. If anything Rivendell might align with the Blue Mountain Dwarves if only because of the proximity in the amount of time needed.

So while the way BFME2 handles the maps it would be nice to try to keep some of it, I'm planning on only keeping those that fit in my framework. Each map will be used, but the scripting will be different.

Also, I split the two armies up for the logistics of the amount of maps. I did not want the Gondor/Rohan maps be half of what 1 army had in the north.

As always, things are subject to change and persuasion, but that's what I've been thinking.

#84 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

2 start the campaign, go 2 wotr mod and set your army as Gondor. then start and it shuld work out fin.
and the campaign may need a guide or sumthin 2 tell ppl wer 2 go or how 2 set it up or watever bc a lot of ppl r gettin confused.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#85 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:38 PM

When the release goes public I'm going to provide much more information for other areas as well.

For the campaign I was going to provide a suggested turn-by-turn play of the campaign for you to use. That way the first time you can follow it to get pretty much what the campaign should be. Then after that if you wish to play it again you can mix it up however you choose. (One reason for the WotR style play is to have it so you can play it multiple times and each time can be different. With the exception of a few areas, I really want the thing to be as flexible as you want it to be.)

#86 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

yay! sounds lik a great plan.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:48 PM

Well, again Daín's army needs to be limited. He can go to Rhûn right away. And I think he should go to Celduin first, since Erebor should be (I think) the last mission for Dwarves?

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 20 July 2007 - 07:48 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#88 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

Yes, his army will be limited on where he can go. I will try to keep his path as restricted as needed. Rhun should not be an option.

#89 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:20 AM

r ther any missions after the isengard mission? i went thru the entire map and got nuthin after isengard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#90 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:07 AM

ok after i completed eaves of fangorn, i went back to living world map and clicked end phase when the game froze up and had a game.dat error
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#91 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:32 AM

do we have a new mission map to go to grey haven and have the victorious screen :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#92 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

r ther any missions after the isengard mission? i went thru the entire map and got nuthin after isengard.

I tried that too. Couldn't find any more maps. I was kinda bummed...
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#93 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 01 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Yeah, there will be more work done hopefully soon.

To see the full list currently go to:
http://www.rjrotwk.the3rdage.net/

and click campaign. So far 10 maps, and hopefully more in the coming weeks. I've tried to take the approach of doing the campaign somewhat as I go so it's not left to the end and never done. It will really take off as soone as Rohan, Elves, Gondor, & Dwarves are 95% done.

Edited by robnkarla, 01 August 2007 - 08:28 PM.

#94 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:12 PM

Sweetness!!! Yeah the campaign was tight. Especially Lothlorien and the Eastfold. Well done on those maps rob.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#95 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:57 PM

It is definitely one of the strengths of this mod that the campaign has been worked on from the start and not "We have plans for a great campaign, but want to have all 12 or whatever factions complete first." Seems like a lot of mods have ended up in the graveyard that way.
Posted Image

#96 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:18 PM

It is definitely one of the strengths of this mod that the campaign has been worked on from the start and not "We have plans for a great campaign, but want to have all 12 or whatever factions complete first." Seems like a lot of mods have ended up in the graveyard that way.

yea.. so many mods just get thrown away after months and months of such hard working, but i have faith in this one, altho its like on of the most ambitious ones ever, i also feel this to have have much work in itself...
ne wayz does any one know exactly how many differences there are between the living world map from the campaign of bfme 1, and the Wotr real world map in Bfme 2? cuz that always pissed me off a bit.. :ninja:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

Are you the same Spointz in my clan? :ninja: and ya a good campaign is very helpful
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#98 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

lol i luv u panda! (remember not in da gay way :p ), i also can't believe you are also into this mod! i mean its surprising we didn't start discussing this in our clan , considering so many of our memebers are into this lol (3? :spam: ) more suprising is the fact that u have 150 posts though! I never thought of u as much a spammer :battery: -ham!! :p (o wait jeez shit! u were actually a memeber of the forum here for an entire year! :ninja: lol)

Ne wayz onto a minor interesting thing i've seen while doing the first lvl of Bfme 1 campaign, in Moria - I was simply in the middle of some good ol' goblin molesting, when i suddenly ran into a group of goblin warriors that actually had DIFFERENT COLORS!! :wacko: (<- i no its shocking) some seemed grayish, while other seemed light brownish, so i wus curious and clicked on them only to realize half of them were the regular Goblin Warrior batallions we see in bfme 2 ( i realized this cuz i coudl see they had the poison blad, banner carrier, armor, and forged blades option next to them!) whilst the toher half were the typical wild goblins that u see as creeps, and are supposed to encounter in the actual level! So i don't no how it happened, but clearly seeing as goblin warriors with abilities and upgrades didn't exist in bfme 1 this some how got mixed :p not that its really a big deal, and afterall im not really aware of any differences between the regular goblin warriors from the goblin faction, and the wild creep goblins stat -wise, so i guess it doesn't matter :tongevil:

Edited by Spointz2020, 02 August 2007 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

more suprising is the fact that u have 150 posts though! I never thought of u as much a spammer :p -ham!! :grin:

and you've, what, been here an entire day and have 24 posts? :cool: if you were here a year and kept that aver that would be about :spam: nope, brain hurts to much for me to say :D around 8800 :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#100 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

more suprising is the fact that u have 150 posts though! I never thought of u as much a spammer :spam: -ham!! :D

and you've, what, been here an entire day and have 24 posts? :p if you were here a year and kept that aver that would be about :cool: nope, brain hurts to much for me to say :p around 8800 :p

hey think bout that u said 24 posts, and guess what thers 24 hours in a day! So its quite sensible:

say 1post per hour? ey? :grin: but ne wayz thnx for the complement :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users