• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#121 SnonJow

SnonJow
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

You're right.
If she is already here, let's make the best of her.
I think a light silver shiny armor would do the trick. (At least that's how I imagine her armor)

By the way, I just remembered something very important. (For me)
Everybody knows King Thranduil. He is the king of the woodland realm, the elven king. ;)
A word repeated three times - King.
If Thranduil is King, where the %X@#! is his leadership? :xcahik_:
I would prefer to see him have leadership then those hiding abilities.

Well what do you think of the things I wrote before? (I've copied the text bellow)

--------------------
Huorns would be really cool. But since they can't move (or can move just in terribile fury and even then very slow), I think it would be cool if you could UPGRADE a Mallorn Tree in a Huorn. Then the Mallord Three would defend itself from the attackers and reheal if a worker would "estinguish fire" on it (even if it wouldn't be on fire, it would just reheal faster).

I was playing with Elves and I made an Entmoot. I trained Treebeard from it then I trained an ent three times. The thing is... The ent was always "Fir" :lol: . I think it would be just as good if you would make all those ents heroes. You could also enable leveling for them.

Did it happen just to me or everybody get's elvish Eagle (Not Gwahir) level 10 when built ^_^ ? I think the dwarven one is level 1...

I kept playing with elves for some time... The I suddenly noticed resurces started to raise kinda fast... Very fast in fact. The were raising so fast that the numbers that where flying out the Mallord Tree were covering eachother. I built a new Mallorn Tree and it leveled up to level 3 in 30 seconds! I checked my allyes and foes... They had the same "problem" ;) ... After I finnished this game I checked my Income Rate per Minute. Belive it or not, it was 24983,21 ;) . Now thats OMG.
--------------------

Can you answer those (or at least tell your opinion)?

Edited by Issil, 14 August 2007 - 06:02 PM.

#122 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:50 PM

About Thranduil, I agree...

About Arwen... enough with the "should"'s already :xcahik_: The hobbits are in the game, they don't have armor... they didn't figth in the movie, neither did Arwen... (hobbit regulars, not heroes)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#123 SnonJow

SnonJow
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

True, hobbits did not fight in the movie. They did in the book.

#124 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

wow smartass... :xcahik_:

This is a movie-mod
Hobbits didn't fight in the movie
Tolkien didn't say that the hobbits used any ARMOR fighting
Arwen is barely mentioned in the books
Arwen is a huge character in the movies
She didn't fight in either of them

Since EA ruined the points of Hobbits fighting anyways, it doesn't matter... I'm almost suprised they don't wear armor... and I'm not suprised they just use sticks...

Edited by Lauri, 14 August 2007 - 06:10 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#125 astrman

astrman
  • New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

what if we moved the mirkwood archers from the barracks and put them in a tent or something... with that done you would beable to get a sub faction into elves, i mean with the tent you can not only make mirkwood but also some other kind of mirkwood solder like swordsmen and speacial archers who can switch between bow and sword however because they come from the tent they all have stealth capabilities but they will not be very strong at all... this is where the lorians come in they will not beable to stealth because of the armor and stuff but they will be stronger. this allowes to have stealth capabilities but also the ability to duke it out with other players with stronger but not stealthable units

#126 Rhodin

Rhodin
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Special Extended Edition, RJ-ROTWK

Posted 15 August 2007 - 06:57 PM

The Arwen and Aragorn story is in the appendics of one of the books...in the Lord of the Rings books she had almost no part at all, but she has quite a big part in the story of middle earth...so I really think she should be in the game...maybe leaning towards wanting her to have the same part as Galadriel though...

PS. What I really wanted to post in here was as follows: I'd love to see horse archers! Or maybe just an elite horse unit...

Edited by Rhodin, 15 August 2007 - 07:00 PM.

"Is there any of this rout with authority to treat with me?"

Posted Image

#127 SnonJow

SnonJow
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

what if we moved the mirkwood archers from the barracks and put them in a tent or something... with that done you would beable to get a sub faction into elves, i mean with the tent you can not only make mirkwood but also some other kind of mirkwood solder like swordsmen and speacial archers who can switch between bow and sword however because they come from the tent they all have stealth capabilities but they will not be very strong at all... this is where the lorians come in they will not beable to stealth because of the armor and stuff but they will be stronger. this allowes to have stealth capabilities but also the ability to duke it out with other players with stronger but not stealthable units

Rohirrim, the finest horsemen of Middle-earth.
Please don't ruin this like in Rotwk!

#128 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

You might be right there Issil. Aule's wife may have asked Eru to do it for her. But I know that without her their would be know Ents. Hmm, I will look into it.

Heres an interesting bit I found:

The Origin

The Eldest and the Firstborn

The statements about origin and age of the Ents are mysterious. Of course, no one would doubt that the Elves are indeed Iluvatar‘s "Firstborn", and they would have to be so to "cure" the Ents from dumbness. But why then are the Ents notoriously called "the most ancient people surviving in the Third Age" (LP) and "oldest of living creatures" (L131)?

This can only interpreted that way that there were Ents before there were talking Ents. The first specimen probably were but mute and "dumb" or yet "unawakened" beings, looking and behaving just like another kind of tree. But of course, they were not ordinary trees.

It cannot be doubted that Elves cannot just pass along and teach a tree at the wayside to talk and move, not to mention turning a forest into another Free People! There must have been an inherent potential of rational thought to the proto-Ents which only Iluvatar could have given to them and which was but waiting for the outside impulse to get active.

Lothlórien recorded a unique hypothesis of their origin: "Some (Galadriel) were [of the] opinion that when Yavanna discovered the mercy of Eru to Aulë in the matter of the Dwarves, she besought Eru (through Manwë) asking him to give life to things made of living things not stone, and that the Ents were either souls sent to inhabit trees, or else that slowly took the likeness of trees owing to their inborn love of trees. ... The males were devoted to Oromë, but the Wives to Yavanna." (L248)

If this was true, it would set real Ents far apart from "talking beasts", animate but soulless. No doubt, those spirits were sent before the Elves awoke but had to lie dormant till their proper time, so not to turn down the intended order in which the Children of Iluvatar would appear. This had not been allowed even to Aule’s Dwarves!

Heres my source. http://www.freerepub...at/839913/posts

Edited by Strider, 18 August 2007 - 06:57 PM.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#129 .:Skybaxx:.

.:Skybaxx:.

S.E.E. FaN

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:09 AM

Interesting.

Everytime I play elves (which is nearly all the time) I get more and more of the feeling somethings out of place. I had a thought about it, and came up with it maybe being to do with the Mithlond Sentries.
I'd much rather see Last Alliance type spearmen to replace them. I dunno, they just seem out of place from other units added in this mod to the elves
Unless you wanna give spears to teh Last Alliace warriors aswell. >.>
Posted ImagePosted Image
___________________Elladan__________________________________Elrohir
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gimli: "What's happening out there?"
Legolas: "Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?"

#130 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:38 AM

I have thought in similar lines... don't really like those units... I'll think about it... *noted*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#131 Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*

Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

Is someone going to fix the Lorien
Warriors-Helm's Deep Veterans?
When you get Silverthorn Arrows
for them, they get Fire Arrows!

Is this already noticed and on the ToDo
List.

If not, I really think it should be changed.

#132 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

It's not a bug.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#133 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:11 PM

I would like to see the famous Noldor warriors wield bow and spear. I think that would be a cool little substitue instead of the usual sword and bow like all the other units (especially the helm's deep elves). Plus it would eliminate need for the mithlond sentries (because, I agree, they really do seem out of place). Or, hell, make the Noldor wield all three, bow, sword, AND spear. That would definitely set them apart as the master elven warrior race. Actually now that I think about it, that WOULD be cool. (In booming voice) NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ! GIVE THE NOLDOR ALL WEAPONS! I COMMAND IT! whoa. Sorry, I think I have a Valar-complex. :p
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#134 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

Well... regardless what I think of that...

- Editing a model in ANY way... adding wepons, animations and whatnot, requires modeling and re-binding of the unit. And that is always painful work that requires major skills in such things. Otherwise it will just look lame. So: it's a bit too hard to do, even if I would like to :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#135 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:21 PM

Just a little....you know... little idea for beta 5 or 6 perhaps? Just roll it around in your brain for a while. That's all. :p
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#136 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:19 PM

*rollin'* ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#137 .:Skybaxx:.

.:Skybaxx:.

S.E.E. FaN

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

*Why not use the noldor warrior skin with the shield from the oldy lorien swordsmen with a spear from mithlond sentries :lol:? Sorry, I have no clue about skinning ;) lol.

What's the situation with the elven resource buildings? Did you guys forget? :p

Edit: I meant *'d as replacements for sentries not Noldor warriors.

Edited by .:Skybaxx:., 06 September 2007 - 10:46 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
___________________Elladan__________________________________Elrohir
Posted Image
Posted Image

Gimli: "What's happening out there?"
Legolas: "Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?"

#138 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:29 PM

No we didn't forget, but I'm not sure the elven farms will make it into Beta 4.5... I rather not mess anymore with the AI bases for a while. It's really tricky work... =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#139 NazgulKing222

NazgulKing222
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:34 AM

in the movies you see legolas use his elven sight to look almost over what seems 10 miles (it was reall long).
You should improve his eyesight and attack range so it is more realistic i thought he could barely see a all .

#140 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:44 AM

lol, I doubt it's 10 miles... but still - *noted*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users