• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#301 Jaguar6

Jaguar6

title available

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

Wait, I thought you were against Hobbit Archers/Took Hunters AA. Why the change in heart, not that it's a bad one :thumbsupsmiley:

#302 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK Mapping Team
  •  Loremaster

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

I am against a seperate unit. I just want the Hobbits to toggle to a bow and then back to a real weapon. Like an ax.

#303 Jaguar6

Jaguar6

title available

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:12 PM

Didn't we already decide this, remember this (it's the third time I've posted it, and I'm still waiting for someone to reply)...

Rename the Hobbit Pitchforks to something (most likely Militia), and give them forks, scythes, bills, and other long farm tools.
Then rename Hobbits to Hobbit Shirrifs, make it so some of them single handed axes, knifes, and clubs/staffs and the rest double handed staffs and axes, and make it so they use a bow instead of throwing rocks.

#304 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

i was under the impression that we had all agreed on this stuff. it seems now like we are just talking about why we should no longer be talking about this :thumbsupsmiley:

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#305 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

YES! Just end it!!! Please!!!
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#306 Jaguar6

Jaguar6

title available

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:20 PM

Just one question, does Rob know about are final decisions for the Hobbits? If not I can PM what I just posted to him.

#307 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

pm'ing him wouldnt help at all because hes been awol recently. i believe his wife was sick so hes been dealing with that for like 2 weeks. he wouldnt get a pm any sooner than when he saw it on the boards or heard it from one of the testers if you sent it.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#308 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

I agree with the idea of Hobbits having bows. It fits with the Lore completely, and actually gives them a use.
Arnor could even have a Hobbit hero, Bullroarer Took...?

The Hobbit buildings in EA's The Shire evil campaign map should be somehow implemented. Farmer Maggot's farm could replace those random Minas Morgol towers dotted all over the RJ maps, which don't fit with the lore, don't fit at all with the surroundings and just look downright ridiculous.

The Hobbit House building should be buildable by all Good races, because the Hobbits aren't particularly aligned with one race or another. And it should look different, and bigger.

The Green Dragon Inn capturable building in the Shire map should be able to recruit all hobbit units as well as Faction allies, plus act as a fortress allowing you to recruit your faction heroes there.

#309 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:16 PM

actually the hobbits were allied with the kingdom of arnor as they were really living within their land and technically answered to the king of arnor. thats why they are in arnor and not in any other faction.
and how would farmer maggot's farm be any more accurate to the lore than the tower? i mean there would never be a farm in a place like mordor or dagorlad and the tower could theoretically go anywhere. i think it catches your attention as well, which is kinda the point imo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#310 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

I meant, only have Maggot's farm on the Shire map. Just remove the tower completely, it looks ridiculous. Gondor farmers don't go for a walk and say to themselves, "There's the field of corn, there's the sea, there's the shipwright, there's the dark magical tower beaming up green lightining into the blue sky, I'm completely fine with that... oh look, there's another one, and another... funny we didn't notice those before. Oh well, we'll just capture it and summon heroes there." If you really want to keep them, move them to fitting maps such as Mordor and Rhún.
I never the said that the Hobbit races should be removed from Arnor, I said they should be recruitable by all Good factions.

Edited by Hasfusel, 18 October 2008 - 01:52 PM.

#311 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

That'd require separate capturable buildings for each area, though, because the workpit doesn't make since in Rohan, etc. While that'd be neat, I'd much rather see Mirkwood implemented.

Since it's Hobbits...*cough*Fatty Bolger=inn hero*cough*

Posted Image

#312 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

agreed with ravnin that we have more important things to worry about atm (and we cant do a whole lot until rob comes back) but tahts actually not a bad idea. theres been a push for redoing certain elements of maps anyways so perhaps this could add to the atmosphere of rj maps. im a tiny bit worried taht people wont recognize what is a capturable building and what isnt (since they will be different on nearly every map) but i suppose we can worry about then when/if we get there.

i dont see a reason to make hobbits recruitable by all good factions. i mean some people want them out completely because they fought so little and the only record of them fighting at all iirc was with arnor so i doubt it would go over very well with the masses (not to mention me :p) if hobbits were thrown in with all of the good factions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#313 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

Anything makes more sense than those towers. I'm sure it would have made a large difference to the books and film if there were large, dark, magical towers blasting green sorcery into the sky every mile or so across Gondor. PLEASE REMOVE. And also, there are maybe too many capturable buildings in RJ maps. They lose strategic importance.

But Fatty Bolger would be, like, wow. Arnor could have Bullroarer Took.
I like the idea of two different units for the hobbits. Maybe Hobbit Rabble, and Hobbit Archers. But I agree that they didn't actually do much. But that doesn't necessarily mean they shouldn't exist.

Edited by Hasfusel, 04 November 2008 - 01:48 PM.

#314 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  •  Loremaster

Posted 04 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Please for your own sake don't bring up Hobbits. One of the most intense fights happened over them already.

#315 Jaguar6

Jaguar6

title available

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

Yes, but the fight is over, and we decided on Hobbit Militia (soon to have a name change, if we can think of one) and Hobbit Shirrifs as the two units.

#316 {IP} Aridor

{IP} Aridor

Redeemed Ranger

• Project Team
  • 1,576 posts
  •  Loremaster

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:03 PM

Yes I know we did I was just trying to save another argument.

#317 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 04:52 PM

So, what's happening with the towers?
I agree that there should be a different set of capturable buildings for each general area (not for each map so much, but you could have one set for Lostriand, one for Rhovanian, one for Gondor, one for Mordor, etc. etc.).
AS LONG AS THOSE *%@$! TOWERS ARE REMOVED FROM ORDINARY PLACES! They could fit in Rhun and Mordor, maybe, but places like the Shire, or Belfalas, or the Mouth of the Entwash?

#318 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:24 PM

So, what's happening with the towers?
I agree that there should be a different set of capturable buildings for each general area (not for each map so much, but you could have one set for Lostriand, one for Rhovanian, one for Gondor, one for Mordor, etc. etc.).
AS LONG AS THOSE *%@$! TOWERS ARE REMOVED FROM ORDINARY PLACES! They could fit in Rhun and Mordor, maybe, but places like the Shire, or Belfalas, or the Mouth of the Entwash?

What are u talking about, the Aeithons (sp?)?
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#319 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

no decision has been made on those as far as i know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#320 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

*ahem*

Hobbits ;)

But yeah, aethions are there until rob nixes them.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users