• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#41 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

Do you mean you can upgrade any hero with the ring, or just a pre-determined one?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#42 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:40 PM

Well, the options for Ring Heroes will mainly be determined by how many upgrades I can squeeze out of the system before it break again.

In a perfect world what I would like is as follows:

1) The ring is hidden somewhere on the map. (Randomly across more than 8 small areas)
2) You must purchase your ring finder (for now, Frodo or Gollum)
3) If they enter the area where the ring is hidden, it spawns and only they can pick it up. Once held, their speed is reduced by the weight of the ring and of course they can be seen
4a) Gollum can take the ring back to the fortress
4b) Frodo has the choice of destroying the ring (this is where I have not decided. YodaWarriors idea is more to destroy the ring at the fortress, thus destroying their fortress. It has possibilities but I have not yet decided on how to destroy the ring.)
4c) Frodo can also take the ring back to the fortress

5) Depending on the faction, you can either create a ringhero or upgrade one of you heroes with the ring.
- Mordor: the eye of sauron is upgraded to Sauron himself
- Goblins: They will most likely get the Balrog

- The other factions I would like to be able to let the player choose who is imbued with the power of the ring. Thus, any one of your heroes can become the ring hero. This will take some time, so the first step is to get 1-4 in place and then slowly work my way through #5 by starting with an option for each faction, then muliple options and so forth.

So that in a nutshell is what I'd like to see happen with the ring. 1-4 is not terribly difficult. 5 is going to be fun and time consuming, so I'm doing it in pieces.

#43 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

Don't know which way is better; ring hero always available, but the ring ability available after the ring is brought to fortress or ring hero available after the ring the ring is brought to fortress. The "problem" with the second way is that Gandalf for example wouldn't be available until the ring is brought to fortress...

I'd like to see unique ring heroes like this.

Rohan: Radagast (some natural disaster)
Gondor: Gandalf (word of power)
Arnor: King Argeleb (?)
Elves: Galadriel (??)
Dwarves: Grimbeorn (??)
Isengard: Saruman (lightning storm with the chanting from movie!) :p
Mordor: Sauron (meteor storm?)
Goblins: Balrog (breath fire)
Evil Men: Either one of the Blue Wizards
Angmar: Witch King (blizzard?)

Ring ability -system In Elvenstar Mod 2 it worked beautiful, but addition the ring hero should get health/stats boost too when wearing the one ring.

I think unique ring bearer/finder would be perfect, but if it's too tough to code then I guess Frodo/Gollum will have to do.

Ps. One thing is sure, the one ring system will be better than in original game. ^_^
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die
...As long as they are remembered.

#44 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

*wonders why this is in hobbitd thread*

anyway, thats not a problem, since you would upgrade a hero not buy a completely new one. And why does everyone limit ring heros to just have 1 power? Its so dumb. They should have lots of super cool maxed out powers to destroy things with ^_^. Also, its nice because if you upgrade then they don't automatically start at level 10, iow, you can have them start weaker and level up to stronger abilities.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#45 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:26 PM

Of course there could be more ring abilities. More the merrier! ^_^

It's just that RJ has a huge job ahead of him if he plans to do more than one power. If all the hero's powers require ring, then I would suggest that hero comes available after the ring is brought to fortress...
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#46 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:30 PM

Me personally, I like heroes that upgrade better than ones that you summon, with a couple exceptions. Mordor should be able to get Sauron once they have the ring as it makes sense, and Goblins....well who does not want a fulltime Balrog and is there any other hero that makes sense?

So back to the hobbits, in 1.05.02 I've been making the changes for the hobbits. I might even be able to have Bilbo ready. Some of the changes:

Buildcost for hobbts - 200
Buildtime for hobbits - 20s
Health:
Merry - 1000
Pippin - 1000
Bilbo - 1200
Sam - 800

I'm also increasing their damage done as well as removing some of the scalars. With rocks, they will only do limited damage against Heroes & Monsters instead of the larger previous group.

Also, I've been adding their powers:
Sam - Lembas & Frying Pan so far
Pippin - Lure of the Palantir & Heroes of Gondor is now a power for Gonfor

I'm slowly making my way through them all to get them working. I hope to have 'em all up and running ^_^

#47 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:30 PM

when you upgrade someone you can change their commandset. therefor they could have new abilities that wouldn't be included in the original commandset, so the original hero's powers dont require the ring ^_^

EDIT: dang, rob beat my by a couple seconds. all that above is replying to ergopad.

Edited by YodaWarrior, 19 July 2007 - 11:32 PM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#48 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

Do you mean the hero's powers gets boost instead of unlocking them?
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#49 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:36 PM

no, i mean they could get a complete new commandset with new powers that the unupgraded hero didnt have.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#50 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:41 PM

You mean they could have 3-5 new abilities per ring hero (when they got the ring), making total (10x4) 40 new abilities to code? Plus the powers to be done to (ring) heroes that aren't really yet in the game... ^_^
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#51 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:44 PM

yes ^_^

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#52 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:36 AM

as 4 the ring heros, (kinda out of place, dont'ya think?) i was thinkin exactly wat yodawarrior said, jsut lik the powerset changes completely wen a nazgul mounts a fellbeast.
the ring shuld b able 2 b passed from hero 2 hero i think. mayb so u dont hav 2 tak it 2 the fortress if the hero u wanna giv it 2 is alredy bought.

rob, wat wuld Lure of the Palantir do? and Heroes of Gondor?

this all sounds great but sadly i fear it will tak rob a vry long tim 2 do it all.
i wish i culd help but i dont no how 2 code anythin except Visual Basic at the moment.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:38 AM

Heroes of Gondor - This is a general power that grants Gandalf the White, Anduril for Aragorn, upgrades to Faramir, Boromir, & Pippin. It's not a hobbit power, but it affect Pippin.

Lure of the Palantir - This gives Pippin a Farsight ability, but at the same time reveals the area around Pippin as well. I might even give other bonus like the Isengard Palantir to offset the fact that Gondor already has the Ivory Tower.

I go through everything as quickly as I can ^_^

#54 astrinax

astrinax
  • Project Team
  • 135 posts
  • Projects:Projekt Balls Deep + Our Eye's Photography + *DesignArmy + RJ-Rotwk
  •  Ether Surfer

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:22 AM

What if the mordor does not purchase the fire moat upgrade? ^_^

Posted Image

#55 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:52 AM

Hobbits will be that expensive? :-\ I really didn't want them to, they are good early-game heroes.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#56 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:56 AM

You can recruit five hobbits with starting money, so I don't think that they are all too expensive.
Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#57 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:10 AM

Merry - 1000
Pippin - 1000
Bilbo - 1200
Sam - 800

I doubt you can buy the 5 hobbits with this money. And even if you did, you'd have to wait a lot of time before being able to build resource production buildings, which would be your death.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#58 Ergopad

Ergopad
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:14 AM

Yikes! :)

Now I see your point. That MUCH, but I understand if they are getting boost. Still perhaps half of that would be reasonable, though now you can actually do something with them...

Edited by Ergopad, 20 July 2007 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image
The Path of The Avatar

Heroes never die

#59 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

• Project Team
  • 588 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

They were already quite useful. Sam could kill Dwarven Axe Throwers in one hit late levels. Guardians were also pawned in 2 or 3 hits.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 20 July 2007 - 12:45 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#60 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:02 AM

Uhm.. The 1200/1000/1000/800 thingie is about their HEALTH, not their cost. Their cost is 200, which makes perfect sense.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users