Gondor (MotW) faction

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#201 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

I have a question. For Aragorn's level 8 abilitiy " Blade of Kings" It says he gives a 20 percent increase in Armor and damage to nearby Heroes and Oathbreakers, but since he no longer has the level 10 Army of the dead, that just implies to the power point Army of the dead correct?
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#202 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

Yes. It modifies the attributes of nearby heroes and of nearby oathbreakers summoned with Army Of The Dead.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#203 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

Hia all. Just to wonder I understand Nazgul's beleif of wanting to keep Gondor and Rohan united as on Men faction, but could it be done in a different way, so that the player has the oppurtunity to play as either Rohan or Gondor? My idea is that you start with a standard BFME castle plot. But you get the choice of playing as either Gondor or Rohan. You select the faction icon and it imediatley rebuilds itself as a Gondor or Rohan fortress. Just like what Rob did for the Evil Men faction. Maybe if some additional Rohan cavalry are added as early game cavalry for uniquness. That is if Rob's kind enough to assist in that End. The end result would be 7 visible factions, and Rohan wins counting as Man vitories
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#204 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:29 PM

It's of course a viable system...just depends on if the team wants to/can do it.
Cheers,
-mike

#205 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

I would like to see it done in my opinion. I loved Rohan as a faction. Altho I am wondering where would Aragorn be if it were to happen? But still I would see Rohan as that dominant Calvary faction once again which wouldn't bother me. And gondor as we know it would be the faction of a good Soldier early game, then consisting of the Tower guards and Rangers late game. :p
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#206 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

I'm simply wondering what the problem with the ability to have both Gondor Soldiers AND Rohan's Rohirrim is. :p I kind of like the ability to have both. It sets Men apart from the other factions, gives their "average" units some sort of uniqueness. And, there's no question as to where Aragorn goes. :p
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#207 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

I'm not suggesting a separate Rohan faction, just an optional faction within a faction, like the MotE factionin RJ's mod.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#208 Guest_tim1247_*

Guest_tim1247_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

well,i had tried the mod a many times with my friends using Lan, I found that one major problem for MOTW is it has only 5 heroes,too little comparing with other factions,,how about to power up them?
say, increase the effect of their abilities.. like more powerful leadership bonus.....etc. Since heroes in this mod matters alot....may directly affect the balance of factions.

-for aragorn's level 8 ability, +20% of his and nearby heroes' powers seems to be too little...( Elven Elrond and celeborn has whirlwind...witchking has that mighty flaming morgul blade thing....),I
suggest giving a boost of 100%~200% in powers for himeself only...(btw does the word "powers" stated in the descriptions refers to his attack damage and armor?I found a typo for that word ...)

#209 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

Hi Tim welcome to the SEE mod forum
Be sure to read the info on the mod for gameplay.
Build the Golden Hall. Once you build it, you will be able to recruit more heroes at your castle.
Their powers increase proportionately to their levels. So put them in battle and rank them up. You'll see it is very well balanced.
Aragorn has the blade power which increases his strength and immunity. Same as BFMEII. Dont know what you mean about Aragorns powers?

well,i had tried the mod a many times with my friends using Lan, I found that one major problem for MOTW is it has only 5 heroes,too little comparing with other factions,,how about to power up them?
say, increase the effect of their abilities.. like more powerful leadership bonus.....etc. Since heroes in this mod matters alot....may directly affect the balance of factions.

-for aragorn's level 8 ability, +20% of his and nearby heroes' powers seems to be too little...( Elven Elrond and celeborn has whirlwind...witchking has that mighty flaming morgul blade thing....),I
suggest giving a boost of 100%~200% in powers for himeself only...(btw does the word "powers" stated in the descriptions refers to his attack damage and armor?I found a typo for that word ...)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#210 LoTRfan4Ever

LoTRfan4Ever
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 11:38 AM

-rohirrim new power?
horn of the mark
and its ability i guess would be to get the enemys attention either in a circle or single (you choose i think circle is more movieish)
you could set the codes to make the threat level go up dont know how to get the enemy to stop attacking the other ones tho

-for theoden instead of having only 10% dmg taken for the charge maybe no slow down on trample for maybe even shorter time?

-i would love to see more rohan infantry cause some people want to do rohan based games (like in the rohan territorys)

-maybe switch merry and pippin over here and give them these powers
Pippin- service of steward-lvl ?- increases armor
Pippin- (cant think of name)-lvl ?- increases damage
Merry- Same As Both Above But For Rohan Terms

thats all i can think of right now if i think bout anymore then ill get back to you guys

#211 spiderspag

spiderspag
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

If you are after a new hero for MOTW, why not Radagast the Brown? He could replace one of your Eagles.
His powers could be as follows-
Level 1- Wizard Blast
Level 2- Athelas
Level 4- Summon familiar
Level 7- Mount Eagle

I also suggest that you restore the Sheild upgrades for Knights and Rohirrim, which reduce vulnerability vs. arrows, and PLEASE allow Aragorn to keep his Oathbreaker power! How could you castrate a man like that? :thumbsupsmiley:

cheers,
spiderspag

Edited by spiderspag, 25 May 2008 - 05:25 PM.

#212 Hoarmûrath of Dír

Hoarmûrath of Dír
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

well they wont add the new hero because this is a movie mod,
i would love to have shields back,
and i didnt like having the oathbreaker power cause then at lvl 10 hes too hard to kill

#213 spiderspag

spiderspag
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:26 AM

Perhaps the Oathbreakers should be made vulnerable to magic spells then- especially Wizard Blast. One Wizard blast should be enough to wipe out a ghost-army unit. Apart from that, a unit of Oathbreakers aren't really that effective vs. buildings. If confronted with them, the best medicine is usually just to head in the other direction until their timer expires. If you have a problem with his Oathbreaker summon power, then lower the time that they last for. But don't get rid of it- Aragorn is kickass as he stands and rightfully so.

And and one unit of Oathbreakers is no better than THREE firedrakes, which the Goblin King gets at Level 3.

Also, as a visual suggestion for Gandalf, could you make him so that up until he is leveled up enough to mount Shadowfax, he is still cloaked in grey with his hat?

EDIT: Suggestion for Gandalf added.

Edited by spiderspag, 26 May 2008 - 07:37 AM.

#214 WesternWarrior

WesternWarrior
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:43 PM

I have a some what of a long list of ideas
and yet, I don't know if any are possible to do
so here it goes... to

1) I like the whole Peasant draft feature and stuff with MoTW, but they are so weak, makes me wonder why they are even there. Why not make them stronger [like Gondor Swordmans level] when you purchase heavy armor from the rohan armoury? Also, give them capes [if at all possible] and make them look more warrior like, and less...well not warrior like

2) Seeing that I've read some things about the Royal Guard, and I love that idea, loooooove it. Thing is, they should be able to switch between sword and spear, for they are strong against calvary attack and just decent to use. But that the same time, adding Guards of the Citidel [with swords] to the Gondor elite would even things out, a bit [seeing Gondor has the Guards of the Fountain Court, armed with spears, they should have an elite armed with swords, seeing that Royal guard could possibly switch between sword and spear]

3)King of the Dead, having him as a hero for MoTW sounds cool, BUT he should have special rules. Seeing that I read a lot about Aragorns horse "Brego" I say get rid of the army of the dead command for him, give him his horse, and let the King of the Dead summon the Army. But this is where the "Special Rule" comes in. Everyone knows what its like to have a fallen hero, correct? well...what if the King starts off as a fallen hero, and can be summoned near aragorn [if desired] on the battle field. Plus can summon the army [a group or 2] for a certain amount of time, and once that time is up, the King disappears with his army, ready to be resurected at the fortress.

4) Somehow mix it in that Boromir can get his Gondorian Armor on [unless at a special level that happens and I havn't seen it, if so, IGNORE]

5) When Faramir is mounted, he is still in his ranger suit, when I want Faramir on a horse, I LIKE ARMOR. It just looks really badass when you got Faramir with his Knights charging Orcs...but thats just me...

6) add a spear wall formation for spear armed units, for best defence against a head on calvary attack

uhhh I think thats it...
feed back would be awsome =D

WesternWarrior :thumbsupsmiley:

P.S I know I was suppose to keep it "short and sweet" but a lot of it is ideas to why it COULD be like that, and so on, So I apologize to whoever on the T3A team that reads my post =(

Edited by WesternWarrior, 26 May 2008 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image
BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

#215 Hoarmûrath of Dír

Hoarmûrath of Dír
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:31 PM

well
1) because gondor swordsmen are trained and the peasants are just like farmers given weps and slight armor and they werent ready for war otherwise they'd most likely be rohiriim :thumbsupsmiley:

2) personally if they add royal guards and guards of the citadel they shouldnt be aloud to leave right near the citadel noticing they pretty much guard the main building (in certain ways both)

3) well i dont think they put the army of the dead feature back on him leaving him with the "sword of the kings" ability but that is an interesting idea i wouldnt mind seeing it (just to try it in game)

4) yea i kinda thought bought armor upgrades during certain lvls maybe they could do it at lvl 10's? (w/e but there armor is kinda ok now but wouldn't mind that)

5) yea i kinda want that too because in mp he kinda stands out so :thumbsupsmiley:

6) just give bfme1 porcupine formation then that fixes :D

Edited by Hoarmûrath of Dír, 26 May 2008 - 09:33 PM.

#216 Guest_Predi_*

Guest_Predi_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:22 PM

How about replacing the Summon Rohirrim power with a a power that look like the elven Flood power but it would be real rohirrim not waterhorses, and it could cover a much bigger area. You could also make it equal level as Army of the Dead, and remove the Earthquake power. That would be more according to the movie, and the Earthquake is more fitting to the dwarves only. Also i think that scene in the movie was the best when the Rohan army charged on the orcs, that was amazing, worthy for this mod :shiftee:

#217 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

I think an passive power for the rohirrim at lvl 2 or more called jump or something like that.It gives 50% less damage to pikes.

Edited by Jonasking, 08 June 2008 - 06:56 PM.

#218 Aragorn King Elessar

Aragorn King Elessar
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:06 PM

Ok.... I have just filtered through this thread and I have come up with a few ideas of my own, some I know are being incorporated at a later date and others have been suggested however I have added some little details to a few and others are I believe my own.

--(armour for Borimer) as he levels or upgradeable with cost, also have a power in which he raises a banner and shouts: "For Gondor!!!", giving surrounding units a fear debuff and extra armor for a period

here is a perfect example, i don't know if they would allow you to do this but Rohvanion alliance has a perfect animation and skin for Borimer

Example

-This has been mentioned but once Farimer mounts his horse he wears his armour

Mount Brego for Aragorn alternative outfits according to levels ie strider,helms deep,black gate, coronation (i know its not battle wear but it looks so cool, also this would apply to his horse's skin according to level, like the battle gear when they go to the black gate

Farm house lair (like warg sentry)--love that idea

Damrod and madril Beregond(ranger upgrade like a banner carrier but adds leadership, plus their individual damage)

-Ranger Tents , with ithilien and dunidain rangers, however because ithilien rangers I believe were elite archers you would have to have lvl 3 arch range?

-Similar to the ranger mini hero idea , perhaps could add Gamling Grimbold and Theodred to either normal rohirrim or royal guard batallions using this concept you wouldn't have to make powers but just add buffs to battions and add a really cool concept to the mod

witch king's bane ("Fool, no living man can slay me, I am no man you look upon a woman- Stab animation)-sound clip from movie would add a neat touch to the spell

-I noticed that your archer formation idea was scrapped in the to do list , would you consider just adding this ability to rangers/stealthed elves to properly set up ambushes

-possibility a mamik bane for Emeor

-Legolas possibly add a cape , he has a nice skin now but the cape would make it all the better :p

-Alternate model for gwahir to distinguish which is the king of Eagles

Would there be a way that allows AoD to be purchased in the spell tree but you can only activate it through aragorn?-I know this was mentioned in previous pages but i like the idea

There is alot of people wanting rohan and gondor split into 2 factions , i like it the way it is , but perhaps somehow during the setup option you could set ai 2 use both/individual , this also pertains to the starting with just porter option as then the user could simply choose which he would follow, this idea would require rohan walls for it to work however

Prince Imrahil possibily a normal hero that like the plan to replace the summon ability he gains one of his own to utilize to nice skins that you have for the knights, the ones the prince summons can stay perhaps and more can't be summoned till the others die?
Posted Image

#219 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:15 AM

hey guys, first off i want to say that this mod looks awesome, and the only reason im not playing it is because it would take over 20 hours to download on my internet. (arrrgghh, you blasted dial-up!)

i was reading through your introductory PDF, and noticed what you said about Rohan. I agree with you guys, I miss Rohan and want to see it again. But i think there is a better way to put it in. if i understand the PDF correctly, whenever you play a Rohan map, you get Rohan buildings. but only on Rohan maps. problem is, there isnt a whole lot of Rohan maps. (unless you added a ton more or plan to)

i suggest that instead, no matter what map you play, it randomizes between Rohan and Gondor buildings. same buildings with the same abilities, two different looks for each.

EXAMPLE: you place archery range like normal, and the game randomizes between the Rohan look or the Gondor look. but you still can recruit Gondor archers and ithilien rangers and all the other functions

that way, no matter where you play, Rohan is integrated into the MOTW faction.

#220 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

No, Rohan is a part of the game whereever you are ^ :p
They're a minifaction of the Men...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users