362 replies to this topic

#21 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:43 AM

perhaps the peasants could work like a lair....and they'd hang out around it and defend it when the enemy got close...

btw Dzhon....you're ideas are awesome. =)

Um, how realistic would a people lair be? 'Watch out, there's a wild peasant lair over there!' Perhaps if it were put into the context of a building, like a Rohan house...
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#22 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:04 AM

No, no, it makes perfect sense having peasents as a lair. The term "Lair" doesn't fit, but it makes sense seeing as how the Peasents are somewhat useless as infrantry unit, and would help kill those pesky units that always seem to destroy your farms when you've just built them..

And I believe it is in the context of a house, being a farm.
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#23 Hobbit Hunter

Hobbit Hunter
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:none

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

Umm well could the rohan peasants insted of getting forged blades get spears
and that makes em more effective against cav and just a better attack
generally. Its just an idea that i thought was cool i dont expect anyone to use it lol :D
Posted Image
Dont get between a Hobbit and his Hunter, guess where the arrow is gonna hit?

#24 clonecommand

clonecommand

title available

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

A Rohan farmhouse lair would be AWESOME!

I think spears would work, though. (of course, you throw spears...but javelins...). Its a cool idea. Peasants really are useless, as they don't repair anything and are really weak. Giving them a bonus against a certain unit would make them useful. They would be like orc pikes vs Rhun pikes.
But the problem of coding?

#25 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:13 AM

code it like a lair....just have peasants spawn from it...or perhaps like the sentry warg code. hope they don't wander around it aimlessly, tho..cause that'd make em look like zombies. =D
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#26 Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*

Guest_BalrogSlayer123_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:33 PM

I just realized, in the books and movie, that Eomer weas a helmet with a white horse tail coming out of the top. In the game he doesn't wear it. I really think it should be added. :mellow:

#27 Guest_Saumya_*

Guest_Saumya_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

Since u are adding Rohan Royal Guards and u have Peasents and Yeomanry from the beginning why not make a new structure like a rohan barracks from which rohan can recruit the peasents,yeomanry and royal guards.The guys at wars of arda have a really good model and skin of the Rohan Barracks.

One More suggestion the some peasents are women I didnt see any woman fighting in the battle of helms deep even eowyn didnt fight.Instead of them u can add young boys.

Please split the rohirrim into rohirrim warriors and rohirrim archers.I know it will be a hell lot of work for u and the MOTW Faction will have lots units.But u can try.Keep up the good work

#28 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

yes that was my idea too.
delete the women peasants and ad young boys.
you can use the hobbit models.

#29 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:46 PM

The Rohan Archery Range is fine since Royal Guards are (usually) Archers as well as Swordsmen.

The bigger problem is why would an MotW player would invest any effort into building Peasants and Yeomen when they could build Gondor Soldiers. Rohan Royal Guards also have a counterpart in Gondor Citadel Guards, so the only compelling reason to construct Rohan buildings is if you want strong hero led cavalry.

Keep Rohirrim as a toggle unit w/no Arrow Upgrade. This keeps them somewhat balanced as their bow ability is a purely secondary attack. The only way a separate Rohirrim Archer would fit is if it was a weakly armored scout unit, a "Rohan Outrider" or something, that would have weak or no trample.

At any rate, it's going to be tough to undo most of the bad effects of EA's bad decision to merge Gondor and Rohan into one faction without splitting them up again.
Posted Image

#30 Garrison Nomad

Garrison Nomad

Bringin' in Da Boyz

• Project Team
  • 608 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for SEE
  •  I'm in your closet...eating your clothes.

Posted 14 August 2007 - 08:31 PM

the women peasants are funny....

i think...since MOTW is mroe Gondor and that the two factions aren't going to be split, the Rohan influence should only increase if the MotW one decreases. And toggle horsemen are great as rohirrim. They's Pros.
If I were you and you were me I'd have a different face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The only real things are imaginary..."

#31 coolyboy77

coolyboy77
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

but the women are not realistic Garrison Nomad.:lol: ;) ^_^ :) :cool:
thats what this mod is all about istn't. :good:
or am i wrong. :huh: :sad:

Edited by coolyboy77, 14 August 2007 - 11:06 PM.

#32 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:34 PM

Eowyn said that the women of Rohan had learned the importance of being able to handle a sword (forgot the exact wording). Just because able bodied males were preferred fighters doesn't mean that women wouldn't fight if the need was dire. The reason they didn't fight at Helm's Deep could've been both the lack of enough armor & weapons as well as the need to tend to the very young, the sick, the elderly, etc.

Peasants (and Yeomen, for that matter) don't need a cosmetic change; they need a reason to be in the game beyond BFME1 nostalgia. By the time an MotW player builds a Golden Hall, they've got much better options available to them than Peasants.
Posted Image

#33 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

We might also have the peasants in the following way:

Once the Hall is built, all farms gain the ability to build 1 (one) horde of peasants. The horde is not selectable and defends the farm in a small radius, much like the warg sentry of Isengard. When the horde is defeated, you can build another horde.

Options: Hordesize could be adjusted, level 3 arrowtower removed, the hordecomposition could be upgraded to a peasant/yeoman combohorde as soon as the RohanArcherRange has been constructed.

Rationale: The peasants really were only ever used in wartime for defense. And since professional soldiers are available, maybe that is what they should be used for exclusively.

Exception: Fortress Maps may function differently. Minas Tirith should not allow the building of Peasants/Yeomen/GoldenHall etc. at all, while Helms Deep doesn't support the building and use of Gondor troops.

Even if players keep the usual army composition of MotW, i think this could be implemented for the AI only, if wanted.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#34 CapnAstroSponge

CapnAstroSponge

title available

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Projects:Trolling the S.E.E Boards

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

I like that idea, Sul.

Although perhaps Rohan could be allowed late game for Minas Tirith?
Posted Image

Never come between a Capn and his..uh..AstroSponge? No, no...Never come between a CapnAstro and his Sponge! Uh.....this doesn't work as well as the other guys names..

I am..

Posted Image

#35 Harad King

Harad King
  • Project Team
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

Ideas

Move Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry to Men of West and New building that recuits all the felowship members and Legolas and Gimli should be moved to the Men of West faction because in the movies they never fougth with the with the elves or the dwarves fougth with Rohan and Gondor
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

FINALLY SOMEBODY SAYS IT! Legolas and Gimli and Aragorn together again! This is perfect for S.E.E.! It goes with the movies, DAMMIT! And it would take away the problem with too many heroes for elves. I don't know about Sam and Frodo though, they weren't really with any army. But you're going to go with the new system for finding the ring featuring frodo anyways, so that's not a problem. So, perhaps sam could probably go to the dwarves to replace gimli, since the dwarves need an early hero anyways. And there's supposed to be new heroes coming for the dwarves anyway. But then again, the dwarves aren't much of a hero faction. They have superior soldiers to almost every other army, so they don't really need a lot of heroes. However, men only have mediocre soldiers and archers, so they need more heroes like Legolas and Gimli. This is the greatest S.E.E. idea EVER. THANK YOU HARAD KING! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THAT, NAZ! :blink: ^_^ :good: :blink: :p :D
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 SnonJow

SnonJow
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

FINALLY SOMEBODY SAYS IT! Legolas and Gimli and Aragorn together again! This is perfect for S.E.E.! It goes with the movies, DAMMIT! And it would take away the problem with too many heroes for elves. I don't know about Sam and Frodo though, they weren't really with any army. But you're going to go with the new system for finding the ring featuring frodo anyways, so that's not a problem. So, perhaps sam could probably go to the dwarves to replace gimli, since the dwarves need an early hero anyways. And there's supposed to be new heroes coming for the dwarves anyway. But then again, the dwarves aren't much of a hero faction. They have superior soldiers to almost every other army, so they don't really need a lot of heroes. However, men only have mediocre soldiers and archers, so they need more heroes like Legolas and Gimli. This is the greatest S.E.E. idea EVER. THANK YOU HARAD KING! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THAT, NAZ! :blink: ^_^ :good: :blink: :p :D

OMG... And Dwarves would have two heroes and that eagle? That's a stupid idea if you ask me.
And then player with MotW would make Gimli and Aragorn ...

... "Lol, dwarves could beat them with their super-dooper-overpowered soldiers!" ...

... Right ...

... "And MotW has a lack of Gimli alike heroes." ...

True, Gimli is unique.

Everybody calims S. E. E. is an only-movie MOD.
Hm... Let me see...
- Smaug wasn't in the movie
- Drogoth? Hm.. I don't remember him...
- Right, Gokil maby? Nope.
- What about half trolls?
- Er... No spiders except Shelob were in the movive...
- Oh yes, I think I remember a mountan giant, I saw him in the third movie! ... No, it was just Frodo, trying to look cool...
- Mithlond Setry, Rivendell Lancers, Mirkwood Archers... Where did they come from?
- Dwarven Guardians, Axe throwers... The whole Dwarven faction except Gimli and maby Gloin (we can only asume the dwarf sitting at Elrond's council by Gimli in movie was Gloin - we can know that only from books, so he should have been called the anonymus Dwarf number 2 - there were more dwarves at the council), should be deleted, in fact...
- Glorfindel, Thranduil?... How sad that in this movie-mod, they should have been deleted...
- Fellbeasts in allegiance with Isengard? I don't remember seeing Saruman flying around on a Fellbeast...
- Galadriel as a Ring hero? Well she never really got the ring...
- I won't mention all the spells... In movie Rohan allies weren't just supponed with a 15p palantir power...

Of course I wouldn't like to have all these great heroes and units deleted, but since this is an only-movie mod, I think this is necessary.

Ok, enough joke, what I was trying to say... I don't think this is a only-movie mod. Nothing would be wrong with adding more characters from Tolkiens fiction, but not Imagining new out like EA did (Gorkil, Drogoth)

Edited by Issil, 16 August 2007 - 09:12 PM.

#38 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:35 PM

The only way I'd like to have Gimli, Lego, and Aragorn on one team again is if Rohan and Gondor were separated (and even then I'd be of mixed opinion). Rohan sort of needed them in BFME1 because their Peasants and Yeomen were weak starting units.
Posted Image

#39 Strider

Strider
  • Members
  • 190 posts
  •  Helpful Wanderer

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:02 PM

Rohan Peasant lAir would be awesome. But what about when Archers are attacking the farm? Can the Peasants attack from that far?

Legolas and Gimli should stay where they are.

Seperate Rohan and Gondor? If Only...

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Dzhon

Dzhon
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

Is there a way to make it so that the cheap Banner upgrade at the MotW Fortress can be either Rohan or Gondor banners, and that choosing one removes the other? You choose the overall orientation of your faction from the start, and have to build a new Fortress and give it the other banner to unlock access to the other units. (Something similar to this could be used for Rhun/Harad).

The big problem with the current system is that there is no good reason to build the Rohan infantry units when you have access to Gondor's from the start. By the time you build a Golden Hall, you won't have any real use for Peasants anymore.

That way, if you want early access to Rohirrim, you'll have to make due with Yeomen and Drafted Peasants early on. If you want the better Gondor infantry, you'll have to settle for their limited cavalry.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users