Heroes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
205 replies to this topic

#141 kraken

kraken
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

also - about the witch king - i think the witch-king should, when injured, deal some damage back to the damager

in the book, both Merry *and* Eowyn get heavily injured - close to death - just from touching the witch king. Using that, you can easily surmise that anybody that attacks in melee range should suffer similarily.

Not touching, more taking chunks out of him (I haven't read the books for a few years, but I think that it said that Merry took out the Witchking's tendon) and killing him. I think that the Witchking damaging the attacking units would make him over powerful (okay, he is an immense hero already but it would be crazy facing him then), and would probably need something to address the balance a little. An example would be Eowyn having a high level ability that would allow her to significantly damage or even kill the Witchking at her own expense (basically ending up in the house of healing).

#142 aNaRcHiSt44

aNaRcHiSt44
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Projects:Nothin.... XD LAZINESS RULES!!
  •  Member? Whatev

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

I think giving the Witch-King that buff in general would overpower him too much...and he would take a massive toll on his enemies unless Eowyn was made a hero for every faction, and I already think he dominates all other 'normal' heroes.

I must say though, I think that Arwen should have her mid-level abilities filled out; she only has three, and those are for 1, 2 and 10 :p
She is pretty useless anyway, but give her skills, and she might actually be useful for something :wink_new:
After all this time, I decided I'd start playing BFME 2 again; after all, it's one of the few games I keep coming back to.....even three-four years after it was made.....
Anyway, my computer has been upgraded; it's just a graphics card, but it's a HD Radeon 4870. How's that for gaming love? I can run Crysis on high at 60fps, maybe at highest (I haven't checked) and the rest of my computer is still actually pretty good; so I'm happy.

Anarchy is so stupid......see IM A REBEL!

Im a lover of footy now, and I can't wait to watch Jarryd Hayne the superhuman and Fuifui Moimoi the tongan bulldozer play in the Four Nations cup. WOOT Hindmarsh is gonna play for Australia now, even with a broken shoulder! Woot he's crazy.

#143 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:56 AM

Arwen could have a mounted-only power that increases her speed.
Greetings, community.

#144 aNaRcHiSt44

aNaRcHiSt44
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Projects:Nothin.... XD LAZINESS RULES!!
  •  Member? Whatev

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:39 AM

I like that idea :mellow:

And I was thinking....maybe a vision ability or something?
After all this time, I decided I'd start playing BFME 2 again; after all, it's one of the few games I keep coming back to.....even three-four years after it was made.....
Anyway, my computer has been upgraded; it's just a graphics card, but it's a HD Radeon 4870. How's that for gaming love? I can run Crysis on high at 60fps, maybe at highest (I haven't checked) and the rest of my computer is still actually pretty good; so I'm happy.

Anarchy is so stupid......see IM A REBEL!

Im a lover of footy now, and I can't wait to watch Jarryd Hayne the superhuman and Fuifui Moimoi the tongan bulldozer play in the Four Nations cup. WOOT Hindmarsh is gonna play for Australia now, even with a broken shoulder! Woot he's crazy.

#145 verd

verd
  • Banned
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

i think the witch king's flaming sword move could be changed too - i dunno, maybe take the sound effect they used in the movie and play that in the background

Edited by verd, 08 October 2008 - 12:48 AM.

#146 Guest_verd_nli_*

Guest_verd_nli_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

one more thing - maybe replace Saruman's ability where he gives troops experience with an ability where he can see the whole map for a few seconds by using his Palantir

#147 The_Witchking

The_Witchking
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

I`d like to add something concerning the heroes abilities:
Why not give them all their powers at the beginning(Level 1) but in a weakend state and when they level up make them more powerful, this would also make it a bit more realistic i think :crazed:
I know this would be a lot of hard work but I`m just making suggestions :shiftee:

#148 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:00 PM

I`d like to add something concerning the heroes abilities:
Why not give them all their powers at the beginning(Level 1) but in a weakend state and when they level up make them more powerful, this would also make it a bit more realistic i think :D
I know this would be a lot of hard work but I`m just making suggestions :p

Yes, like the CaH. That would be good. Maybe a decrease in recharge time at higher levels?
Greetings, community.

#149 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:47 PM

I think for Moria, as they need new heroes, should have a Wild Warg Chief hero. I think you should remove the wild wargs pack from the warg den and make the alpha warg a hero, able to summon more wargs to battle.

And how about making Prince Imrahil a hero for the men. And maybe a mini-hero of Faramir's seond in command ranger (I forgot his name...) recruitable from a lv 3 archery range...

Finally, I think Isengard could have Grishnákh as a hero. He could be an early game hero like wormtounge specializing in manipulating the enemy and back stabbing. Even though Grishnákh kind of a mordor orc, he was part of Ugluk's Uruk-Hai hordes used to bring merry and Pippin to Isengard. That, and a new fellbeast would give Isengard 9 heroes!

Edited by Prince of the Dark Forest, 17 October 2008 - 08:02 PM.

Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#150 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:13 PM

moria has just got new heroes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#151 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

I'm fairly certain that Naz is planning on getting rid of the fell beasts from isengard and the eagles from the good factions, with only gwaihir remaining with the elves. The reason why is because the way it used to be was all 9 of Mordor's Nazgul were able to ride on fellbeasts from the very start, which was way OP, but with the new system of 8 of the Nazgul having to get to level 8 before being able to ride on fellbeasts (the witchking's able to ride from the very start), it's not so much OP'd now, so I'm pretty sure the other factions won't have any flying heroes (apart from Drogoth of Moria and Gwaihir of Lothlorien).

Edited by zachdaddy_3000, 19 October 2008 - 02:02 PM.

Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#152 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

Men also have quite a few heroes, and Damrod and Imrahil might be overdoing it.
Greetings, community.

#153 Lt Commander Chris

Lt Commander Chris
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  •  Head Coder and Jack-of-Most-Trades, Ultimate Empire at War

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

I would like to see Glorfindel stronger. As we see but a glimpse of him in the films, we must fall back to literature, and he was strong enough to make 5 of the 9 flee just by his presence with Aragorn:

Quoting Gandalf and Frodo in the Fellowship:

Frodo (lying in bed after recovery): 'I thought that I saw a white figure that shone and did not grow dim like the others. Was that Glorfindel then?'
Gandalf: 'Yes, you saw him for a moment as he is upon the other side: one of the mighty of the Firstborn. He is an Elf-lord of a house of princes.

And more importantly, Gandalf recounting the routing of the Nazgul:

'Caught between fire and water, and seeing an Elf-Lord revealed in his wrath, they were dismayed and their horses were stricken with madness...[they] were now hurled into the water by their horses'.

Here it certainly implies that Glorfindel has great power; and he is indeed one who can ride openly against the Nazgul. Here just at the sight of him 'revealed in his wrath', the Ringwraiths had no chance to fight, but were thrown away by their own steeds.

Of course it'd be a bit imbalancing to give him such power in-game, but he certainly should be deadly and powerful; his current combat skills and powers are really quite unimpressive.
LTCC
Head Coder and Jack of Most Trades, Ultimate Empire at War

#154 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:56 PM

I was told that the mini-heroes recruited from buildings other than the fortress start at Lv 10 (or is it Lv 1?) and lose their experience etc. when revived. Is there a way to stop this or make the dead heroes retain their stats/experience, so we can have more heroes in their own part of the faction (e.g. Eomer from Lv3 Rohan Stables)?
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#155 kraken

kraken
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

He probably was stronger and more deadly in the books, as well as being very brave - I think that he sacrificed himself to save others against a Balrog in the first age and came back even more powerful. Surely though, the elves have enough strength in their heroes as it is? They have a large number with most being very strong as well and also have versatility (several archers, horse riders and sword users). Strengthening Glorfindel (although bringing him in line with the books) could just be too much.

Edited poor grammar

Edited by kraken, 20 October 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#156 Lt Commander Chris

Lt Commander Chris
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  •  Head Coder and Jack-of-Most-Trades, Ultimate Empire at War

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

The elves are meant to be powerful. They are meant to own. But they are meant to be hard to play as they are harder to train and costly to recruit. It's gameplay; it's not meant to be balanced unit for unit.
LTCC
Head Coder and Jack of Most Trades, Ultimate Empire at War

#157 kraken

kraken
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:51 PM

The elves are meant to be powerful. They are meant to own. But they are meant to be hard to play as they are harder to train and costly to recruit. It's gameplay; it's not meant to be balanced unit for unit.

And it should never be balanced unit for unit (it would be stupid if the same number of orcs could match blow for blow a troop of elves for example). My point was that the elven heroes are already very powerful, can hand out serious ownage and have large numbers. Strengthening Glorfindel could take it past the point where the elven heroes support their troops and make the faction hero based (which would be a shame with some of the units that they have)

#158 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

I agree, besides, Mordor will be a match for the Elves. They have 9 freaking FELLBEASTS! And some of the best of the best in terms of cavalry (Mumakil) and seige (Grond).

Also, I was told that Nazgul is thinking of removing the Eagles from the Good Factions (except Gwahir for Lothlorien) and Fellbeasts for Isengard. I think, maybe the fellbeasts could be removed (though they make a neat addition to Isengard), but at least keep the Eagle for the Dwarves. Remember in the Hobbit when at the end, the dwarves swore eternal friendship with the Eagles that saved them? It wouldn't be bad to include the eagle in the Erebor faction. Again, not sure about Men. If you remove the eagles for Men and fellbeasts from Isengard, we'd have two good factions with aerial units and two evil units- a god match IMO.

And if the fellbeast are scrapped, Isengard will have very few heroes. Perhaps, one of the new heroes could be Wulf. I read on Tolkien wiki, that he was the leader of the Dunlendings. Because in the TT, Saruman uses the Wild men to attack the farms of Rohan.

With Wulf, we'd have:
1. Saruman
2. Lurtz
3. Sharku
4. Wormtounge
5. Ugluk
6. Wulf

Still not enough... How about Grishankh, the orc that tried to follow Merry and Pippin into the Ent forest in the TT? Though he wasn't much of a hero-type guy... :blush:

Edited by Prince of the Dark Forest, 20 October 2008 - 07:08 PM.

#159 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:08 PM

Yes, Wulf was the leader of the Dunlendings... Was...
And he's been dead longer than Thorin, and well... Quite some time actually :blush:

Still though, any Dunlending hero could work, and I wouldn't mind if that name was used, as long as it isn't saying that it's the same Wulf :ohmy:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#160 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

How about this guy instead. Appeared in extended edition of the TT film.

http://lotr.wikia.co...rimda_the_harsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users