Command & Conquer 2142 General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#81 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

Perhaps have the Support Class able to deploy them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#82 thebigalex

thebigalex
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:45 PM

I think not that there are different classes. Hmh?

#83 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

there will. Simply by having different soldiers

fhvfBYy.jpg

#84 derek328

derek328
  • Hosted
  • 118 posts
  • Projects:Command & Conquer 2142

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

there will. Simply by having different soldiers

Agreed. The A12 Enforcer can be deployed by a Support infantry unit, like a special ability option.
AND also thebigalex, welcome to 2142! :evgr:
Posted Image Posted Image

#85 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

2 - Railguns (superb against vehicles, but long reloadings)

for the both
i think pac should have this but the th eu should have one like the gdi have now(eu ones should be 50% weaker but fire 2 times speeder)

#86 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:52 AM

Defenses shall be scattered around the map....

fhvfBYy.jpg

#87 essi2

essi2
  • Members
  • 193 posts
  •  Human Helper

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

you've probably already answered this question somewhere, but I'll ask anyways <3

will bases be pre-built or does the player build it like in CNC?

#88 derek328

derek328
  • Hosted
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

you've probably already answered this question somewhere, but I'll ask anyways :p

Hello essi2, welcome to 2142! :sad:
Our mod will include multiple game modes for gameplay, as listed below:
1) Conquest Mode (with / without ticketing system)
2) Titan Mode (without ticketing system) :p
3) Solo / Multiplayer Campaign (without ticketing system)

For Conquest mode, players will all start off with a small, prebuilt base, with a few units includng infantry and fast vehicles for early, effective captures of outposts (flag posts), located across the battlefield. Once players have captured flag outposts, the team will start having income at time intervals. Titan warship-related options will be unavailable - just to keep things fair. :xd:

For Titan mode, players will ALSO all start off with a small, prebuilt base, with a few units includng infantry, fast vehicles AND 1 TITAN WARSHIP for early, effective captures of outposts (anti-titan missiles), located across the battlefield. Once players have captured the silos, the team will start generating income, and BLOC-3 Anti-Titan Missiles will also be launced against hostile Titan(s) at regular intervals. However, note that without any Titan warships, players will not be able to build structures anymore (since these warships are the command headquarters in Titan warfare). A maximum of 2 Titans will be made available to each player in Titan Mode. :p

I hope this answers your questions. :lol:

Derek

Edited by derek328, 04 September 2007 - 03:20 PM.

#89 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

Have you actually got any models/skins yet, or is it all ideas? Well I mean I heard somewhere you were using the models from BF2142, is that true?

Edited by Torn, 04 September 2007 - 04:00 PM.

#90 Murderdevil

Murderdevil
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Project Reality
  •  Haikus are peaceful but sometimes they dont make sense : Fridge

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

oh of course they do check out the webpage. or wait...are those just pics from BF2142
Posted Image

"In the game of Chess never let you oppenent see your pieces" - Zapp Brannigan

#91 derek328

derek328
  • Hosted
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

Have you actually got any models/skins yet, or is it all ideas? Well I mean I heard somewhere you were using the models from BF2142, is that true?

Torn, regarding our progress with the models/textures, the mod team has already finished texturing all PAC vehicles, and will be finishing off the EU ones very, very soon (we only have a few left unskinned). ;)

As to our usage of models from BF2142, yes, simply because we really want to make it as identical to the original game as possible. ^_^ With that said, we have spent a lot of time & effort in reconstructing, scalling, tweaking AND texturing them for the past 2 months - so I guess you can consider these as BF2142 models, redesigned for CNC3! :p

Derek

Edited by derek328, 05 September 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#92 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:57 PM

Spending a lot of time over rescaling models from another game isn't QUITE the same as spending that time making completely new ones. Ridiculous. Ripping other peoples work, and then passing off it as your own because you've resized it is a complete joke.

Edited by Torn, 05 September 2007 - 01:58 PM.

#93 essi2

essi2
  • Members
  • 193 posts
  •  Human Helper

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

you've probably already answered this question somewhere, but I'll ask anyways :lol:

Hello essi2, welcome to 2142! :lol:
Our mod will include multiple game modes for gameplay, as listed below:
1) Conquest Mode (with / without ticketing system)
2) Titan Mode (without ticketing system) ^_^
3) Solo / Multiplayer Campaign (without ticketing system)

For Conquest mode, players will all start off with a small, prebuilt base, with a few units includng infantry and fast vehicles for early, effective captures of outposts (flag posts), located across the battlefield. Once players have captured flag outposts, the team will start having income at time intervals. Titan warship-related options will be unavailable - just to keep things fair. :lol:

For Titan mode, players will ALSO all start off with a small, prebuilt base, with a few units includng infantry, fast vehicles AND 1 TITAN WARSHIP for early, effective captures of outposts (anti-titan missiles), located across the battlefield. Once players have captured the silos, the team will start generating income, and BLOC-3 Anti-Titan Missiles will also be launced against hostile Titan(s) at regular intervals. However, note that without any Titan warships, players will not be able to build structures anymore (since these warships are the command headquarters in Titan warfare). A maximum of 2 Titans will be made available to each player in Titan Mode. :p

I hope this answers your questions. :lol:

Derek

sounds cool ;)

#94 Murderdevil

Murderdevil
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Project Reality
  •  Haikus are peaceful but sometimes they dont make sense : Fridge

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:55 PM

Spending a lot of time over rescaling models from another game isn't QUITE the same as spending that time making completely new ones. Ridiculous. Ripping other peoples work, and then passing off it as your own because you've resized it is a complete joke.

whats so bad....You never said that to the Galaxy at War or the Only War 2 mods...whats so different between this one and the others!? ^_^

Edited by Murderdevil, 05 September 2007 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image

"In the game of Chess never let you oppenent see your pieces" - Zapp Brannigan

#95 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:16 PM

Because there's a difference between using someone's IP to base your mod on, and directly ripping assets from another game perhaps?

Consider this: those models you are using are distributed with a copyrighted, commercial game. By you including them in your mod, with very little documentation of that, you are redistributing part of what is being sold when you buy that game. Can't you see the significance of dealing with issues like this? Its potentially straying into piracy.

#96 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:28 PM

I told him to NOT do it, as it LOWERS the quality...

fhvfBYy.jpg

#97 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:33 PM

First of all, I want to say to the CNC2142 team that I appreciate all the work you have done, and i'm glad you are all working hard.

But, like Torn said, it is not fair at all to other mods to show recycled BF2142 models as your own. It's also very illegal, like Torn said.

whats so bad....

Are you kidding? It's illegal, it's misleading....I could list more things if I wanted.

You never said that to the Galaxy at War or the Only War 2 mods...whats so different between this one and the others!?

Do you realize what you are saying? By saying that you are effectively claiming that OW2 and GaW have stolen models. To quote Torn, that is ridiculous. We spend huge amounts of time making our own work. For example, do you know how long it took me and TiJil to make the Grievous, fully modeled, skinned, and animated? Almost 60 hours. Rescaling and 'tweaking' doesn't take that much work.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 derek328

derek328
  • Hosted
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

Because there's a difference between using someone's IP to base your mod on, and directly ripping assets from another game perhaps?

Consider this: those models you are using are distributed with a copyrighted, commercial game. By you including them in your mod, with very little documentation of that, you are redistributing part of what is being sold when you buy that game. Can't you see the significance of dealing with issues like this? Its potentially straying into piracy.

I have typed this so many times, I'll just quote from our Moddb message board:

Regarding the models, the mod team and I would sincerely like to highlight again, that we decided to reuse the original BF2142 game elements, simply because we really want to make it as identical to the original game as possible.

Also, the mod team has already personally notified, confirmed & double-checked with EA that we are going to use elements in BF2142 prior our mod development, and actually, EA has issued the mod team a brief but effective written consent regarding this matter.

So there's nothing "illegal" about our mod here, really.

Master Windu, both me and the mod team knows it really is better to make our own models, it will definately give us more room for creativity... but to be honest, not many of us here have that high level of skills, nor the time available, to do like what you guys have done with your mods. :p (love your General Grievous model btw :lol: )

Helge, for instance, has already started school, there will definately be a lot of homework & revision, it wouldn't be reasonable of us to make him do the models, since he already has so much to be done now. :) On the other hand, real life is always calling for us - AND as uni applications come faster than we think, both parko, warlord and I will have to be prioritising academic work over any gaming & modding, and this applies to the rest of the mod team, too...

With so little free time available in our tight schedules, packed with courseworks, researches and revision work, we have decided to tweaking & reusing existing models (with EA's official concent) , in hopes of making it as truthful-looking to the original as possible, while trying our best to preventing delays, making sure this mod will not die off. We hope you will understand.

Derek

Edited by derek328, 06 September 2007 - 11:50 AM.

#99 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:16 PM

Fair enough that you've got consent from EA, well done. I personally still don't agree with it, and if you havent got the skills to do something why should you steal someone elses, but that's another matter.

#100 Helge129

Helge129

title available

• Project Team
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

I still got 11 days of vacations, and also while school, I have lots of time.

If necesary, I can make the models

fhvfBYy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users