124 replies to this topic

#41 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

no crossbows. it really doesn't fit Tolkien's dwarves.

#42 aNaRcHiSt44

aNaRcHiSt44
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Projects:Nothin.... XD LAZINESS RULES!!
  •  Member? Whatev

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Maybe not the way we look at them, but you would expect the mining technologically advandced (in some ways) dwarves to have them. I was just saying it wouldn't really fit in with them in-game.
After all this time, I decided I'd start playing BFME 2 again; after all, it's one of the few games I keep coming back to.....even three-four years after it was made.....
Anyway, my computer has been upgraded; it's just a graphics card, but it's a HD Radeon 4870. How's that for gaming love? I can run Crysis on high at 60fps, maybe at highest (I haven't checked) and the rest of my computer is still actually pretty good; so I'm happy.

Anarchy is so stupid......see IM A REBEL!

Im a lover of footy now, and I can't wait to watch Jarryd Hayne the superhuman and Fuifui Moimoi the tongan bulldozer play in the Four Nations cup. WOOT Hindmarsh is gonna play for Australia now, even with a broken shoulder! Woot he's crazy.

#43 SovietSoldier

SovietSoldier

Mapper,Begginer Modeler and Animator

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Projects:World Builder Battle Of the Crater Map BFME2

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:00 AM

I consider it better than Dwarven Rangers actually,the ones GW made up.I like Dwarven Crossbowmen,makes them look buffed up.
What is the motherland,when you know you weren't born of land?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:09 AM

I don't like the crossbows, but certainly not the Dwarven Rangers either.

#45 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:44 AM

Why are we talking about crossbows?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#46 Guest_SARS_*

Guest_SARS_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

i reckon u should have crossbows as it would be unique as far as i'm aware! and bows r used by all other races, i personaly thinck that it would suit the dwarves

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

*ping pong* =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#48 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

Please Nazgul, no crossbows for the dwarves. :evgr: It doesn't fit. They aren't mentioned in the books, and only Isengard has them in the movies. To me, Isengard invented them.

#49 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:58 PM

Please Nazgul, no crossbows for the dwarves. :evgr: It doesn't fit. They aren't mentioned in the books, and only Isengard has them in the movies. To me, Isengard invented them.

I agree. Dwarves were noted to use bows, but never crossbows.

I'll also try my hand at a Dwarven archer model, I think.
Greetings, community.

#50 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

if you do a Dwarven Archer model, I'm interested in it too. :evgr:

#51 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:00 AM

*PING PONG* again

If noone gets the irony here, I'll spell it out for ya...

1) We've been over the crossbow/bow issue like 1 million times already!
2) We've decided on BOWS, not crossbows!
and also
3) This is the wrong thread for discussing this...

Are we clear? :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#52 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:53 PM

sorry. :p

#53 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

OK, on the first page, the Gondor basic units are listed as:

Gondor Pikemen
Gondor Swordsmen
Gondor Archers

Gondor Citadel Guard ??? (What kind of unit will this be?) Never heard of it before...

Also, by Gondor Pikemen, do you mean Gondor Spearmen?
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#54 kraken

kraken
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

Weren't they the elite group that Beregond and Pippin were in? Answerable to the steward only and defended the top level of Minas Tirith.

Typing into google, I found a page with this quote:

"....The Citadel Guards carried the weapons of the regular soldier - sword and spear - but like the Fountain Guard they had no shield....The Citadel Guards wore the same outfit as ordinary Gondorian soldiers, but this was enhanced with a gold-edged black tunic worn under the cuirass and a black cloak with gold embroidery; these would have indicated to all their elevated position within the military structure, as would their helmet, which featured a bronze star device on their noseguard and the brass wings that had been riveted on their sides...."

(Page 160-161, LOTR: Weapons and Warfare)

If they are close to what is described here, then they'd probably be pretty good swordsmen (unless someone coded in a toggle between spear and sword, but I don't understand why they'd do that anyway) but I'd have thought that they'd fit in the "elite" section.

#55 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:11 AM

Yes, Gondor Pikemen are Gondor Spearmen...
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#56 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

Weren't they the elite group that Beregond and Pippin were in? Answerable to the steward only and defended the top level of Minas Tirith.

Typing into google, I found a page with this quote:

"....The Citadel Guards carried the weapons of the regular soldier - sword and spear - but like the Fountain Guard they had no shield....The Citadel Guards wore the same outfit as ordinary Gondorian soldiers, but this was enhanced with a gold-edged black tunic worn under the cuirass and a black cloak with gold embroidery; these would have indicated to all their elevated position within the military structure, as would their helmet, which featured a bronze star device on their noseguard and the brass wings that had been riveted on their sides...."

(Page 160-161, LOTR: Weapons and Warfare)

If they are close to what is described here, then they'd probably be pretty good swordsmen (unless someone coded in a toggle between spear and sword, but I don't understand why they'd do that anyway) but I'd have thought that they'd fit in the "elite" section.

But then, who are the fountain guard?

Basically, what's the difference between the Fountain and Citadel Guard.

Edited by Prince of the Dark Forest, 19 November 2008 - 06:02 PM.

Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#57 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

The Fountain Guard are the very few guys in winged helmets and lon black robes that are guarding the White Tree of Gondor at the 7th level of Minas Tirith. The Citadel Guard are the larger force that Pippin "joins" in the RotK. They have helmets more similar to the reglar soldier helmets, but with small metal wings. Google it :xd:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#58 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

The Fountain Guard are the very few guys in winged helmets and lon black robes that are guarding the White Tree of Gondor at the 7th level of Minas Tirith. The Citadel Guard are the larger force that Pippin "joins" in the RotK. They have helmets more similar to the reglar soldier helmets, but with small metal wings. Google it :xd:

Thanks!

#59 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:00 AM

The Fountain Guard are the very few guys in winged helmets and lon black robes that are guarding the White Tree of Gondor at the 7th level of Minas Tirith. The Citadel Guard are the larger force that Pippin "joins" in the RotK. They have helmets more similar to the reglar soldier helmets, but with small metal wings. Google it :xcahik_:

Thanks!

Gandalf stole the spear of one of them to his Denethor at the pyre :shiftee:
Greetings, community.

#60 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 06:39 AM

erm i think all factions should have wall upgrades, like arrow towers and all. anything is that when we upgrade flaming munition, i dont see the upgrade affecting the wall upgrades.. maybe it should?

i think more can be done to the walls, like add spikes or whatever thought upgrading, maybe from a special place where the walls can be specially upgraded. so players can customize the walls. like more towards defence, or more towards the offence. like maybe if a player chooses to upgrade the walls so that it becomes stronger, then maybe they won't be able to upgrade the wall segments for arrow towers and all. something like that..
I'm the nut cracker, and i'll crack your nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users