Photo

Comments & Suggestions for Beta V!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
451 replies to this topic

#401 Guest_Suggestor_*

Guest_Suggestor_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:41 AM

If you need some skins i suggest you ask the age of men mod people, they seem to have a big viarity
http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-men
although you may need to contact a couple of their people, because the mod has been dissapearing and reappearing and dissapearing again(or atleast the mod leader)

#402 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hows it coming along with the whole summoning thing? Like, what you guys were talking about, where the summons come from off the map? Has it been implemented?
Greetings, community.

#403 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

Well, it works 100% for BfMe1. I was in the process of figuring out the details for S.E.E. when we all took a break. I suppose i will test until i am satisfied alongside the rest of the release coding once the new fortress is up and running.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#404 amadeok

amadeok
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

I think that faster creating units would make the game funnier

#405 KrApYl

KrApYl
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

No it would'nt --, The gameplay in SEE is just how BFME should been^^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory

#406 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, the whole purpose of this mod is to get to late game with upgrades, all heroes, upgraded fortresses and large battles... The battles get really intense especially late game when you got trolls, mumakil siege and flying eagles and fellbeasts All over the place... But nothing and I mean nothing is worse facing a late game Mordor.. lol... But then once you face a late game men with loads and loads of buildings and A late game Aragorn and Gandalf is pretty scary as welll.... Tough for me to pick..... Either way awesome mod and I hope it stays the way it is...

But just can't wait for Campaign! :facepalm:
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#407 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:44 AM

Could not have put it better myself guys :p

As with most rts games rushing is the best option if all you want to do is win. But for those of us that actually want to see more than just the basic units, and put to the test everything the game has to offer ( upgrades, heroes, spells ) then this mod is the way to go. It almost feels wrong to win quickly to me after all the hard work the developers went to with all the upgrades, heroes and spells, you just never see them when you win in the first ten minutes.

Don't get me wrong rushing can be fun but it's nice that we have mods like this that give us the chance to play more in depth battles. ;)
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#408 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

eralier i mention new hobbit gear, and TT replyed that ther wasnt a good known hobit armor around.Does BFME1 skins work with BFME2, because this guy has some nice armor upgrades fo hobbits. http://www.moddb.com...ng-of-the-shire
or does this not work?

#409 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

I am pretty sure that Lauri would have offered his Hobbit-models/skins if he had wanted to see them in S.E.E.
So it is quite safe to assume that he didn't and so we don't have them. As for there not being good hobbit armor around, did you mean not good enough models/skins or not good enough armor in middle-earth that would fit a hobbit?

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#410 Lord Fox

Lord Fox
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

i think he meant armor upgrades for hobbits
Pie increases your brain cell production by 35%!!! GO PIE!
Posted Image

#411 Guest_josep_*

Guest_josep_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

My bits:

WALLS:

Wall cost increases by each time that you build a hub.
Walls cannot be "near" from another walls, preventing complex walls.
Wall hubs cannot join more than 2 wall sections, preventing complex wall nets.
Wall hubs, doors and other things can be reconstructed by clicking over the destroyed remains.
Destroyed remains disappears after "some" time.
When a siege unit attacks a wall in reality attacks 3 units of wall, the defence points used is the sume of the three sections, allowing faster invasions.
AI uses walls.

HARBORS & SHIPS:

Replace the shipmakers with empty harbors.
When conquering it you can build a shipmaker.
Harbors have two defensive building spots (like a small fortress).
When the harbor is conquered, all the buildings explode.
There are levels of shipmaker:
Level 1, just transports
Level 2, attack ships
Level 3, other ships
Tranports catch resurces like fish catchers.
At level 3 the shipmaker throws arrows too.
Put a harbor in the middle island in the Evendim map.
AI uses ships for colonization.

ONE RING:

If a ringbearer, thas is not Sauron or Galadriel or Gollum, wears the ring more than a "specific amount" of time, it possesses the bearer (the unit becomes an enemy). The resistance time in hobbits is higher than the rest of units.
The one ring can enter in ships, towers and holes, and only can be carried by units that walk or uses a horse.

FANGORN SUB FACTION:

Ent Moot: Build ents. Each ent have a different button to select which one you want.
More different ents. IE: One type faster but less hard, one slower but more resistant, one that throws far but does little damage and one that throws shorter but do a lot more damage.
Ent gardener (like a builder unit for ents): makes trees grow by standing still and activating a button. Can heal near ents.
Ent Haven (a small pond with trees and fireflies): Has a small range of protection by myst. Allows to have a galadriel mirror, a tower and a statue inside.
Wellinghall: (Treebeard's home) The entish version of a forge.
Wellinghall has levels:
Level 1: 2 traditional ent types can be build.
Level 2: All ent types can be build, except gardener. 25% Less time in ent building.
Level 3: All ent types, throws rocks (ent attached), 50% Less time in ent building, Wellinghall beberage avaible.
Wellinghall beberage: Can be reserached in the elvish Hobbit house, duplicate their strenght (like Merry and Pippin). Requires Level 3 Wellinghall.
Treebeard only can be build in Wellinghall.

ELVISH HOMES:

Like a Mallorn tree but with double command points and half resource points produced.
Only can be build in fortress area.
Replaces the mallorn trees near the fortress.
Levels are not automatic, must be researched:
Level 1: 2x mallorn tree CP, 1/2x mallorn tree Resources
Level 2: 3x mallorn tree CP, 1x mallorn tree Resources
Level 3: 4x mallorn tree CP, 2x mallorn tree Resources, throws silverthorn arrows (if reserached, if not normal ones)

LUSH TERRAIN:

Flowers, fireflies, strange lights on it, you know, more elvish-like :p.
High detail texture (in my PC now it seems a green patch).
Adapt it to the terrain, if I build a fortress near a fall, it overlaps.

Thank you in advance! :p

#412 Guest_Auditor_*

Guest_Auditor_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

You could add a transport ship for Mordor. It should look like the one in Movie ROTK. Like when the orcs are sneaking attack on the city osligath.

#413 Lil John3464

Lil John3464
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

I believe that the mods entire premise is movie like realism... and adding much more late game strategy by reducing possibilities of early game rush, so i'll add my 2 cents based on that.

Very first, if you want the most realistic battle scenes and movie feeling then you should probably make each unit build single, as in instead of a horde you build one unit, these units of course build much faster than current hordes. This entirely changes the feel of the game however and changes much too much i feel, so should not be implemented. Though if it ever was i would like to see the formations you can make(by clicking both buttons on mouse) actually hold together when units move instead of just having them move into the formation only to stand still.

Next a little addition that might add a little realism is if every unit ran at a different pace. Not different pace i guess i just mean their legs moved at different times. Its goofy to see an entire horde running with their legs moving at the same exact time. ;D Also making units run or "charge" the enemy if you put them on aggressive. And stand still if on defensive. By which i mean... Horde of Mordor orcs v. Horde of Gondor Swords. Swords put into defensive with orcs on aggressive, once orcs get close and the player clicks to attack the men the orcs start to sprint the horde becomes less organized and spread out and then attacks the men. Just because i'd be interested to see a battle where the soldiers didn't go faster when actually running at an enemy than running at a random point on the ground.

Finally a little about the strategy end game. I've played at least 20 or 30 games with the mod, which isn't much but is a good amount when they last so long. :D which is a good thing by the way. Though in almost every game i've had success with the same strategy. i.e. theres not much variance in the way you win. I spam units for a while to hold off the enemy, set up forge or equivalent, then get some heroes begin upgrading, build a bunch of siege works or equiv, build a bunch of siege equipment, send all units and all heroes in for one final attack, and begin bombarding the hell out of the base. That is generally how every game has gone, with a good amount of variance in between but still the same ending every game.

I hope somebody actually reads this long ol' post because i think it holds "some" gems. I think.

#414 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hello!!! I will say to you. 2 thing question:

1) All new more mission exemple last alliance new units Noldor spearmen and Numarer warrior and Numarer archer. New hero Gil Glads and Isldar.
More exemple Mikewood spearmen and Dol Amltol horse and dale horse.

2) Skins for Bulid. Drawer faction bulid skins from Rhovanion Alliacne mod. Gondor faction bulid skins is white and red top also Farm is white and red top. Mordor faction be lord black bulid.

Have good nice day! :sad2:

#415 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

That was...odd
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#416 Guest_KP_*

Guest_KP_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

For the new One Ring system, the Men of the East Ring Hero should be some human character that is:

>Not a wizard

>Not already done (i.e. another mod)

>Perfectedly alive (no making him a skinless freakish... thing, for example)

>An idea that is faithful to the lore but still very creative

>Someone who's alive druing the 3010's and 3020's

>Someone with a name off of this list: Haradrim or Easterling name only. Particularly something cold :sad:

>Not of a clone biography of a Planet Earth (reality) history character like Saladin of Egypt, or Darius of Persia, or Valamir of Pannonia. :cool2:

>A man who CAN mount/dismount a horse

>Clad in MotE colors (so green would be inappropriate)

>With a custom voice-working (unless custom voice is not legally possible)

>Face-masked by a helmet and armored heavily, and so skilled that even Gandalf is petrified by him :good:

>Able to pull off moves that have not been done (no cloning Boromir or Eomer, for example)

>Armed with a weapon that can defend/offend in almost any direction (NO, you may NOT make it a halberd)

>As realistic as possible!

KP

#417 Lord Fox

Lord Fox
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

For the new One Ring system, the Men of the East Ring Hero should be some human character that is:

>Not a wizard

>Not already done (i.e. another mod)

>Perfectedly alive (no making him a skinless freakish... thing, for example)

>An idea that is faithful to the lore but still very creative

>Someone who's alive druing the 3010's and 3020's

>Someone with a name off of this list: Haradrim or Easterling name only. Particularly something cold ;)

>Not of a clone biography of a Planet Earth (reality) history character like Saladin of Egypt, or Darius of Persia, or Valamir of Pannonia. :p

>A man who CAN mount/dismount a horse

>Clad in MotE colors (so green would be inappropriate)

>With a custom voice-working (unless custom voice is not legally possible)

>Face-masked by a helmet and armored heavily, and so skilled that even Gandalf is petrified by him ;)

>Able to pull off moves that have not been done (no cloning Boromir or Eomer, for example)

>Armed with a weapon that can defend/offend in almost any direction (NO, you may NOT make it a halberd)

>As realistic as possible!

KP

thats alot of work for one hero
Pie increases your brain cell production by 35%!!! GO PIE!
Posted Image

#418 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

Much more request will give much more time to making it. :p

For me i prefer for realisture feature and reduce building health..it is too strong
Posted Image

#419 Guest_SLAY@_*

Guest_SLAY@_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

It wud be so cool if there was an upgrade for walls that could let you walk on them or have a moat around the walls or something

#420 Guest_KP_*

Guest_KP_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

It would be so cool if there was an upgrade for walls that could let you walk on them or have a moat around the walls or something

That's an awesome idea! The moat thing is pretty cool, to, but as long as walk on them is around it will always be second best, I.M.O.

KP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users