• 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

Thanks KP
Posted Image

#422 Guest_hitcher42_*

Guest_hitcher42_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:11 AM

hey, i wud rili like to see the erebor map tweaked so gates were put on those greatly annoying side entrances. i was destroyed by damm firedrakes and trolls like 10 mins into the game the other day against gobs. curse Ea for making what shud be a strong dwarven hold a rili easily invaidable 1, lol

#423 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

G'day Hitcher

My favourite faction being dwarves I was kind of let down a bit by the Erebor fortress. Even though it has a lot of choke points I was expecting more than what EA gave us. Out of all the factions I expected this to be the toughest nut to crack. Heavy on seige and defense. Choke points would have been more preferable to factions like elves in my oppinion.

Gates on those doors would be a great idea though, and those arrow towers imbedded in the mountain really need to be useable. If you have a look from the inside of the mountain you can even see that EA had the doorways ready to use for those arrow towers but for some reason beyond my knowledge they just didn't make them useable.

Edited by ttandchotmail, 03 August 2009 - 01:02 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#424 Guest_hitcher42_*

Guest_hitcher42_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:30 AM

lol curse Ea. they made a lot of kool things unusable

#425 CapturetheBomb

CapturetheBomb
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:08 PM

I would really like the ability to select multiple production buildings at the same time. I don't know if you can do it with this game engine, but it would help speed up production in my opinion. Instead of searching for your barracks, you could have them grouped like you do units and have the hot keys que up a few units.

Another feature would be an increased production upgrade for each faction. The Mordor faction already has a power for it. I think it should be used with the armory or a new building for each faction and you can only use it for one structure for a limited amount of time. Maybe make it a hero powerwith a radial cover area. Will also speed up money gain if used on mines/farms.

#426 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

I would really like the ability to select multiple production buildings at the same time. I don't know if you can do it with this game engine, but it would help speed up production in my opinion. Instead of searching for your barracks, you could have them grouped like you do units and have the hot keys que up a few units.

Another feature would be an increased production upgrade for each faction. The Mordor faction already has a power for it. I think it should be used with the armory or a new building for each faction and you can only use it for one structure for a limited amount of time. Maybe make it a hero power with a radial cover area. Will also speed up money gain if used on mines/farms.

Nice ideas. I have an idea what each one's power would be like:

Men of the West: Unite the Kingdoms: increased Gondorian infantry and Rohirrim cavalry production

Elves: From the Woods: Increased Wood-elves Production

Dwarves: Two Races: Increased production rate of both Dwarves and Men of Dale

Isengard: Taste Man-flesh: Increased Uruk-hai production

Mordor: Call the Horde: increased Orc production

Wild: Swarming Over: increased Goblin production

Men of the East: Call of Red Flags: increased Haradrim infantry & monsters and Easterling archers & cavalry production

And those are the ideas of what the powers would look like.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#427 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:24 AM

These suggestions for betas 4.7 - 5. :blink:

I say have all five wizards in addition to all nine nazguls. When I saw "beyond the movies", one of the things that meant to many (including me) was that all five wizards would be in here to. So why do we always get news flashes from the books and the GW game about "the five" and ponder the studies of them only to be left with "the two"??? And how about taking these facts into consideration:

> Easterlings are known for being skilled archers

> Haradrim mostly use spears and bows

> Dale is a human force and all forces have four core troop types: soldier, archer, pikemen, cavalry (you should keep it a minifaction, though)

> There are only two kinds of Elves worth putting into each one's seperate barrcks: High Elf and Wood Elf (just copy the EA elven barrcks and give it greys and greens and browns). Lorien with a little Mirkwood, and Rivendell with a little Mithlond.

> Variags are known for being as fine horsemen as Rohirrim

> Corsairs live within Harad borders and are seperated from Mordor by obvious geographical outlook.

> Rohan wouldn't light the beacons towards Gondor requesting only spearmen and swordsmen. :p

> The Uruk-hai were first created by Sauron, then Saruman learned & copied the methods to build the Isengard Faction.

> If Harad and Rhun use Scorpions, then they absolutely do not use tiny 3-inch scorps. :p

> Mahud also need something that does NOT have to go around pikes.

And I think that's all. If I remember anymore, then it will be in my edits of this post.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

#428 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

Emperor of the East, some ideas on your suggestions:

all five wizards would be in here to

The Blue Wizards, Alatar and Pallando, played no role in the films or the books and apparently wandered into the East and were lost.

Variags are known for being as fine horsemen as Rohirrim

What's your source on that?

Dale is a human force and all forces have four core troop types: soldier, archer, pikemen, cavalry (you should keep it a minifaction, though)

Dale is supposed to be support, and the team leader said he won't expand the minifaction anymore.

Otherwise, good suggestions and good points.

Edited by Ar-Adûnakhôr, 26 August 2009 - 10:27 AM.

_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#429 Námo

Námo

• Project Team
  • 1,291 posts
  • Projects:Middle-earth Lore, Cartography & Linguistics

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

... Variags are known for being as fine horsemen as Rohirrim

IMO that looks very much as 'fake' lore (RPG-based?), as this is about all you can extract from Tolkiens writings:

... on Variags:

The Variags:

One may seriously wonder why Gondorian mapmakers referred to Khand as the only land South of Mordor except Umbar by its proper name, for it seems to have taken no outstanding position in history. But its strategically crucial location made it sometimes victim, sometimes ally of both Rhún or Harad to neither of which it properly belonged, and its immediate proximity to Mordor made it particularly vulnerable to its dreadful neighbour. Certainly Khand accounted for a lot of the "fresh slaves" imported to Nurn. Otherwise, nothing is known of it but that at least some of its inhabitants called themselves Variags. This name is said to be of alien, Haradric origin (AL); but it may in fact be a translation of a Northern Mannish root, for Variag also is a known Slavic rendering of Varingar, Old Norse for „people bound by a contract“, root vár „contract“ (from which the Varangian Guard of the Byzantinian emperors derived). Perhaps the Variags of Khand were not an ethnic group but a kind of elite mercenaries in more or less voluntary service of Mordor.

... and to support the assumption of Variags as mercenaries and slave-traders:

The slaves of Nurn:

Though some have claimed that all of Mordor was a desolate and desertous land, inhabited only by orcs and other fell creatures, the sources state that this was not so. The south of Mordor featured comparatively rich pastures, sufficient to feed Sauron’s huge armies.

Yet, even in the end of TA, Nurn maintained a considerable Mannish population, serving on "the great slave-worked fields far away south in this wide realm [of Mordor] ... by the sad waters of Lake Nurnen". Their existence was grievous, losses must have been high; hence throughout Mordor there were found "great roads that ran away east and south to tributary lands, from which the soldiers of the [Dark] Tower brought long waggon-trains of goods and booty and fresh slaves." (RK)

Surprisingly, when after the fall of Barad-dûr "the slaves of Mordor [were] released", many of them did not leave for Rhún or Harad where they may have come from. Instead, they received "all the lands about Lake Nurnen to be their own", (RK) apparently because they yet considered these sad grounds their home. This would indicate that at least some of the slaves were not imports but that there had survived an indigenous Mannish culture which predated the return of Sauron to Mordor, perhaps remainders of the Gondorian occupation forces.

references:
AL: "The Appendix on Languages", in: The Peoples of Middle earth, 1996.
RK: The Return of the King, 1965.

... elen síla lúmenn´ ómentielvo ...
... a star shines on the hour of our meeting ...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#430 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:11 PM

Emperor of the East, some ideas on your suggestions:

all five wizards would be in here to

The Blue Wizards, Alatar and Pallando, played no role in the films or the books and apparently wandered into the East and were lost.

Variags are known for being as fine horsemen as Rohirrim

What's your source on that?

Dale is a human force and all forces have four core troop types: soldier, archer, pikemen, cavalry (you should keep it a minifaction, though)

Dale is supposed to be support, and the team leader said he won't expand the minifaction anymore.

Otherwise, good suggestions and good points.

1. There is a book on the people of Arda that says their Middle-earth names are Romestamo and Morinehtar, and many sources say that they introduced magic to the Men of the East union.

2. My source is... I'm not sure. maybe Namo was right. My source was the GW strategy game. Unless Tolkien kept that in this reference-only* book, then maybe the type of army they are is unknown. :mad2:

3. I'm sorry to hear that :D . From what I learned, Dale was a division of Northmen that had nothing to do with the Dwarves until the events in "The Hobbit". At least he'll be expanding the Rohan minifaction :crazed: !

4. Gondor has Cobble Stone, Lorien has Fertile Ground, Erebor has Mountain Rock, Isengard has Gravel, Mordor has Volcanic Stone, Moria has Defiled Ground, and Rhun should therefore have Scorched Desert.

#431 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

1. There is a book on the people of Arda that says their Middle-earth names are Romestamo and Morinehtar, and many sources say that they introduced magic to the Men of the East union.

Rómestámo and Morinehtar are simply Quenya for Alatar and Pallando (it's the same thing.) And you may be right about them; Tolkien has two conflicting writings, one that says they succumbed to evil, and another that says they played a pivotal (but unidentified) part in the War of the Ring.

2. My source is... I'm not sure. maybe Namo was right. My source was the GW strategy game.

Yeah, you can't really trust that source, a lot of the stuff they have is purely their invention.

3. I'm sorry to hear that :mad2: . From what I learned, Dale was a division of Northmen that had nothing to do with the Dwarves until the events in "The Hobbit". At least he'll be expanding the Rohan minifaction :crazed: !

Well, even before The Hobbit, the dwarves and the Men of Dale were on good terms and had a mutual trading relationship. Once the dwarves defeated Smaug, they allied in the War of the Ring against the forces of Mordor. After Dale was sacked, the Dale refugees sheltered in Erebor.

Edited by Ar-Adûnakhôr, 26 August 2009 - 10:27 PM.

_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#432 Lord Fox

Lord Fox
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

hey, i was just wondering, are ther going to be alot of wildlife around the maps like for city maps thers ppl running around which you can lik kill, eat( if you have lik trolls), or save (which they become lik miltia to you). and for lik plain empty maps are ther going to be lik packs of wolves or herd of horses moving around? srry for spelling and if this question was already asked.
Pie increases your brain cell production by 35%!!! GO PIE!
Posted Image

#433 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hmmm how about "Battle for Numenor" idea,when you build building such as barrack or farm there will be citizen and guard walk around them..but i found out it quite annoying sometime..even it more realistic. :)
Posted Image

#434 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

I know that there were many things Nazgul wanted to do but couldn't, ask Rovanion Alliance, I just saw some pictures and it has a troll pushing, as well as putting ammo on the catapult!!! As well as a complete new design of trebutchets that are bigger and badder!!!!!!! :)

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#435 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

Posted Image

How about this for Mordor Catapult? it used to be one of old stuff already from This.

but i still like RA version more :)

Edited by Dant, 12 September 2009 - 02:36 AM.

Posted Image

#436 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 03:13 AM

Nice :)
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#437 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

For the person who said to try the battle for numenor idea, I did not like that, caused lagg, and for this mod, ultimate lagg. Maybe there should be a citizen option. If you use the citizen option, your troops can be made more quickly, you get more money from the fortress(because the citizens pay taxes), and they live in the farms, I guess :). it may not work for the evil factions though... :p

Edited by yams in a can, 12 September 2009 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#438 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:34 PM

It would work for the Rhun faction, since they're the only evil faction composed entirely of a human community.

#439 Lord Fox

Lord Fox
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:43 AM

any chance of updating the "To Do" list?
Pie increases your brain cell production by 35%!!! GO PIE!
Posted Image

#440 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

It would work for the Rhun faction, since they're the only evil faction composed entirely of a human community.

You forgot about Harad :p ,as for other evil faction i guess some kind of slave would work and suit to evil faction.

any chance of updating the "To Do" list?

I guess they done with everything so far,only evilmen fortress that need to be done. ^_^

Edited by Dant, 21 September 2009 - 05:20 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users