Comments & Suggestions for Beta V!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
451 replies to this topic

#441 Latinsnake

Latinsnake
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

And you could make weak orc-citizen, too. Well, then maybe one aspect won't be very logical, but it has to be balanced. I would suggest that the citizens are clickable persons and not like in the numenor-mod a piece of the world or a doodad ^_^

And the tax-idea is pretty nice, too :p

#442 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

The orcs were Sauron's slaves, they don't need to pay taxes, they get no pay :thumbsupsmiley: . With this advantage for the forces of good, Evil should be able to make more troops, or make them faster.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#443 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:53 AM

It would work for the Rhun faction, since they're the only evil faction composed entirely of a human community.

You forgot about Harad

Harad is Rhun's minifaction in this mod, that's why I said Rhun without saying Harad. They would use tax-paying citizens because they are as human as the Gondor faction and Dale minifaction, but they are enemies of G and D for reasons concerning treatment of land and power. P.S., NO ORCS FOR HARAD-MINIFACTION-HAVING RHUN FACTION!!!!!!

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#444 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

Alright i might missunderstood i thought they would be serapated in SEE,However Harad isn't that small they probably even larger than Rhun in both books and movie. :p

but nothing against about Rhun as core faction i think it pretty cool. :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

#445 Latinsnake

Latinsnake
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Well but whatever you do, please dont change anything with the unit-limit. Its very cool that you can have more than 1000 now, only when you are in a stronghold you can make 1000. I would increase this to 1500 maybe or infinite, too :thumbsupsmiley::p

#446 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

Rhun was probably chosen because their invasions have been more successful. They almost defeated Gondor, but Earnil of Gondor defeated the Haradrim force.

In more detail, the wainriders were the invaders from Rhun. They rode chariots. They made an alliance with Harad and Khand to invade Gondor, the Wainriders would attack from the North while Khand and Harad from the South. The Wainriders succeded and had killed the king of Gondor. The Haradrim and the men of Khand had lost. Earnil was the one who defeated the Haradrim and Khand forces. He took the Wainriders by surprise while they were celebrating.

The Balcoth were another group that attacked Gondor during the rule of Cirion, steward of Gondor. He asked the Eothed to help Gondor. The Balcoth over ran Wold and were preparing to finish the job, but then the Eothed arrived led by Eorl the Young. the Balcoth were defeated. For helping Gondor, Cirion gave the Eothed the Caradhras., eventually known as Rohan. In return, Eorl gave an oath that Rohan would ride to war with Gondor.

The Haradrim had not had many or any ;) success with invading Gondor. Rhun was the best equipped with invading Gondor, mainly or probably because they did not live in a desert and could find more supplies and metal.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#447 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Actually, yams, the Harad were very successful. Ever heard of the Corsairs of Umbar? That was a Gondor province once... not only did they manage to encroach on Gondorian territory, but they actually kept it, too.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#448 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:33 PM

Southern Gondor Kingdom are in serious danger because of Haradrim and Corsair of Umbar. :p

The Haradrim had not had many or any xd.gif success with invading Gondor. Rhun was the best equipped with invading Gondor, mainly or probably because they did not live in a desert and could find more supplies and metal.

Tolkien never said Haradrim were less civilize than Gondor or Rhun,if you said people who live in desert have low acces to matariel,how Egypt,Turkish Empire,Iran become one of greatest civilization country in ancient time. ;)

Edited by Dant, 23 September 2009 - 10:42 PM.

Posted Image

#449 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:23 PM

They don't use oil like we do. The Corsairs actually included some descendants of Gondorians from the Kinstife. The Haradrim has failed twice to capture Umbar, it was instead captured by the defeated Gondorians from the Kinstrife. Then the Gondorians captured Umbar agian but lost it to the Haradrim because they were weakening now. This was not as major a success as the two Rhun invasions I mentioned, one of them almost ended them.

The Corsairs were had the mixed blood of the Haradrim and a very tiny, vague bit of Numenorian blood. They were not a part of Harad.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#450 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:32 PM

If you stick really closely to the lore, you could argue that the Umbar Corsairs weren't part of Harad. However, I think we should put them in the EvilMen faction for simplicity (after all, who really knows?) :p
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#451 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

They don't use oil like we do.

Country in middle east never dig for oil in ancient time...their resource come from something else.

They don't use oil like we do. The Corsairs actually included some descendants of Gondorians from the Kinstife. The Haradrim has failed twice to capture Umbar, it was instead captured by the defeated Gondorians from the Kinstrife. Then the Gondorians captured Umbar agian but lost it to the Haradrim because they were weakening now. This was not as major a success as the two Rhun invasions I mentioned, one of them almost ended them.

The Corsairs were had the mixed blood of the Haradrim and a very tiny, vague bit of Numenorian blood. They were not a part of Harad.

So that why you think Harad is weak? :p

Remember Pelargir and Lamedon? and during "War of the Ring" southern gondor kingdom is under heavy attack by Haradrim and Corsair of Umbar,True Harad might have many fail but same as Rhun,and if they were weak faction Gondor probably take over their land already.

and yes Corsairs of Umbar are not part of Harad,but they are their allies.

Edited by Dant, 24 September 2009 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image

#452 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

*closing thread *

Use the new subforums to post suggestions, and if you can't find any fitting section, post a new topic about your suggestion with a descriptive headline AND subtitle description. This is to avoid topics of becomng THIS long... Takes ages to read :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users