470 replies to this topic

#221 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:04 PM

Wow, unreal!! Well done! I wonder if there's any ea modelers who are hearing "You're fired" about now" LOL
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#222 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

yeah Id be willing to give it a shot, although most of the problems I see are with the models, the hornburg isnt tall enough, the causway is thinner and longer, not to mention raised up. The list goes on and on, let me know what you would like to see done and Ill try to meet it.

heres a render of helms deep:
Posted Image

heres a map of dol amroth
Posted Image
heres a map of orthanc
Posted Image
heres a map of osgiliath
Posted Image
heres a map of palargir
Posted Image
heres a map of laketown
Posted Image

#223 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

Bravo! :)
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#224 Mercyy

Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:56 PM

great:)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#225 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

If you need any help with these I can help. :)
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#226 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:12 AM

yeah I could use the help. take your pick. Isengard, I have a number of plans for though so thats mine, :p as well as helms deep. once Naz gives me some Ideas as to what he would like fixed/reworked.

#227 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:22 AM

I'll take laketown if that's alright
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#228 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:15 AM

sounds good, Ill be looking forward to seeing what you can do. :p

#229 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:15 AM

:p But MT isn't 100% finished yet, right? As far as I can see there's some work left on one half of the Pelennor fields? :)

After MT you're basically free to do whatever you feel like but I find the Isengard map pretty ok as it is. Off course, it could be bigger with a hefty scaled Orthanc model, but I wouldn't call that map as a map of any dire need of rework atm :) One that is terrible though is the Helm's Deep map. I hate the low walls and the "runway" to the gate that is like 4 times wider and 6 times lower than it is in the movie. That render looks very accurate? Where diid you find it? =)

After HD I'd say Osgilliath, to match the awesome MT. All these maps are definitely highly wanted for the future campaign. The goal of the campaign is naturally to "live the movies" and thus the MT map will make a GRAND finale for the Campaign, right before Black Gate and Mount Doom =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#230 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:44 AM

well saturday I should be able to wrap up MT, texturing is rather tedious and time consuming and doesnt keep my attention long but its still friday in California hehe, I was planning to rescale Isengard, and was thinking of making it look undefiled inside. and to get the defiled look, was thinking if it was possible to use the ground upgrade that isengard has for its fortress and make it available from the tower of orthanc. thought it would make it more movie like if the player could destroy the park within its walls.

Ive been playing around with the HD map and its gonna be very difficult. I may only be able to get the floor plan more accurate, but I cant make the walls taller. I thought about using the walls for the inner keep for the outer walls but they are wedge shaped and designed to go against a cliff. at best I might be able to just elevate the hornburg entirely to get a better ramp and more destinction between the deeping wall and it.

The render I found on google searching for images of Helms deep.

#231 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

awesome :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#232 Igneox

Igneox
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:38 AM

just how long did you spend working on that???the most time i spent on one map is 4 hours...im betting you spent way longer haha time well spent.good work!!
Posted Image

And Shepherds we shall be.
For thee, my lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand.
Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee.
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
E Nomeni Patri E Fili E Spiritu Sancti...
--Boondock Saints

#233 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:24 AM

it is done. Sorta. :rolleyes:
http://rapidshare.co...tirith.ace.html

In WB there are 2 tree icons for building things on the walls, one has the tower, and treb, the other has postern gate, tower, and treb, would it be easier if I place those icons and Sul edits them to the appropriate trebuchets?

Ive fiddled around with the HD map and I honestly think it cant be fixed without remodelling the walls. Im sorry but it is beyond my skill to heal.

Edited by njm1983, 09 December 2007 - 04:45 AM.

#234 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:27 AM

well i havent really been keeping track, but around 30 hours im thinking. the map is finished, and we have a number of neat little things we are working on for the trebuchets that defend the city, but all principle editing is complete.

Edited by njm1983, 09 December 2007 - 04:29 AM.

#235 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:48 AM

So, when will we get this? Beta V? :rolleyes:
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#236 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:18 AM

No sweat. We might find some modeler that would like to remodel that map later on :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#237 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:34 AM

Probably...

Atm, this is purely LOOKS... :rolleyes: We need to adjust geometry for just about all objects in this map, and that's a project in itself that might take even longer than the actual rework of the map itself ^ To put it in plain english, stuff LOOK bigger but they are not in terms of "geometry" which means that units will wade half into structures and catapults will not hit where we think they should...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#238 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 06:29 AM

well the actual number of items that need model geometry work is probably around 15, the 8 buildings used throughout the city, the 2 mountain wedge pieces and the top pieces of the city the gate and the gatehouse and the gate towers to the left and right of the main gate.

I have questions about the model geometry things.

first why do some object work fine when scaled up? IE the walls?

second if the geometry is adjusted upwards on an object does it effect that object if it was used smaller? cause the main gate house is used at normal scale for the other gates.

#239 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 09 December 2007 - 02:01 PM

I'm not sure... I had BIG probs when I scaled Mumaks, Ents and Grond... I spent like weeks on Grond alone, guessing numbers for the Geometry in it's INI until it acted precicely as (close to) what I wanted in game (crushing and receiving damage). I have no idea what method should be used, but I just used trial and error... :/ The REALLY weird thing is that on the map I was using to test Grond it became as good as perfect, but on OTHER maps, the geometry didn't act quite as good. So... maybe some maps affect geometry of things... I dunno :(

Anyway, Rob said he'd give it a try (MT)... so let's wish him luck :rolleyes:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#240 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:30 PM

wow that is perplexing. fingers are crossed. :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users