Mercyy
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Projects:Edain mod campaign and other mapping
  •  Fan of all Mods, with LotR Feeling

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

woohooo looks great :good:

what a giant city :xcahik_:
The skyline is (I think) just because you hav to see the place where the object point is. (You can see this points in the Worldbuilder)
Posted Image

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#182 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 02 December 2007 - 09:27 PM

I stumbled on this topic today, and having read every single post and viewed every screen I must say you deserve every congratulation for your devotion and attention to detail. Its no small task you have attempted, and what you have achieved is phenomenal. Keep up the fantastic work :good:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#183 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:06 AM

thank you ^ :thumbsupsmiley:

I finally got the field caught up to where it was last night:
Posted Image

#184 Wundai

Wundai
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:53 PM

omg that fortress is smaller than the Minas Tirith walls isn't it? Great :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#185 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

You should be able to have a line of 20 S.E.E. sized mumakil on that map, just like the movie!! (Yes, I actually counted.)

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 03 December 2007 - 08:17 PM.

"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#186 DragonLord

DragonLord
  • Members
  • 44 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's Special Extended Edition (Player)
  •  Ruler of Dwarves

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

This map looks too good. WE WANT IT NOW! :sleep:
Posted Image

The Valar had to nerf Dwarves, or we would of taken over the world before it even began... :D

#187 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:43 PM

I promise Im giving it as much as possible, hopefully someone can work out the model geometry issues and then place in new skyline and this will be ready to go, but I have roughly half the field to go, hopefully after this weekend my responsibilities to it will be finished. no promises though. :sleep:

#188 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 04 December 2007 - 02:28 PM

"Do not come between a njm1983 and his Minas Tirith". :lol:
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#189 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:08 PM

Those last shots of fighting in the streets look bloody good! (It actually has streets now.. w00t) I assume those Gondor buildings are BFMEII or somthing as I don't recall seeing them before.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#190 Cylleruion

Cylleruion
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

Great work! And... now I will make a totally irrevelant reply.

Nazgul, I like your signature, "Do not come between the Nazgul and his mod." LOL. Anyway, I have some ideas to improve the mod and make it more movie-ish, I'm still compiling the list... its not THAT much but there is some ideas there. You probably thought of them too... I will post it around here sometime.

Njm... hehe nice work, again. And I like your signature. That Boromir joke cracks me up.

#191 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:55 PM

Naz asked me to post in here about these little details for the city, and what im faced with:

1) In photos I have and renders of the city there is more than 1 size trebuchet.
this is solved by the new one that has been made, and keeping the old one.

Posted Image

2) do we keep the tree icon, for rebuildable trebs or do i just place them on the map so once they are gone, they are gone?

The map placement of the trebs is more "realistic" because lets face it I dont think anyone would try to rebuild a trebuchet on a wall during a siege or attack. let alone the man power and resources.

But in the interest of game play:
I have a number of different Ideas for this:

1. 2 different Icons for wall trebs. 1 for the large with a bucket correctly scaled. and 1 for the small that builds the trebs only, no bucket. the small trebs wont need a bucket because the outer wall already provides the correct housing.

2. 2 different Icons for wall trebs. 1 large and 1 small that builds the trebs only, no bucket. bucket would be already placed as part of a wall object

3. 1 Icon for the large trebs only. small trebs map object placement, once destroyed its gone.

4. 1 Icon for small trebs. no bucket. Large trebs map placement once destroyed its gone.

heres a photo of what I did, the large treb would be in the bucket in the middle
Posted Image

Please give some input on this. thanks

Edited by njm1983, 06 December 2007 - 03:46 AM.

#192 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:44 AM

@Dain: yeah I think they're all BFME2. I've seen a lot of them in WB =)

@ Cylleruion: Thanks ;) Use the apropriate suggestion thread under Development and we'll consider them =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#193 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:52 AM

I'm not sure about the "no rebuilding" to start with.... hm, what do you guys think? Or should we make them stronger? Cause a normal battle field treb goes down rather easy and losing all trebs at MT makes the city just a big sitting duck...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#194 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:59 AM

I vote for the 2 different Icons no buckets.

#195 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:16 AM

Explain "buckets" plz :santa:... (I know what a bucket is - but not in this context?) ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#196 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

;) its the tower underneath, that the trebuchet sits on. when you select the tree icon and build a treb its the stone wall building under it.

Posted Image

Im proposing that we have 2 different icons for the 2 trebs. red squiggle is large treb icon. yellow is small treb icon. the small treb icons would be placed where they are in the photo and other places in the city. and when selecting the icon and building the treb. only the treb itself builds on that spot. same for the large treb. the stone structure will already be under it.

Posted Image

Edited by njm1983, 06 December 2007 - 03:06 AM.

#197 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

I think whatever you guys decide will be fine, but since you asked...I like the idea of one sized treb like in the movie but something in size between the two that you show now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#198 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:18 AM

If you back up in this thread you'll see that the movie HAVE 2 sizes... that's the whole reason for this debate ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#199 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:05 AM

Why do I have to write an essay to explain all the complicated details of this.

Heres is a render of the city. red circles large trebs. yellow small trebs.
Posted Image

model geometry issues become a problem with the icon being scaled to 2.0. the "bucket" that builds is the correct size but the treb ends up placed on the original size of the model.

thats why I want to remove the buckets all together. and just have trebs built at Icon locations. but I want to seperate the two size trebs by differing icons, that way the different trebs are built in the spots they are supposed to be in.

it should be noted that the outer wall of the city will have 18 trebs, 9 on each side, 4 large and 5 small.

I think people will complain if the trebs arent rebuildable, and im trying to save the modelers time by not having to mess with the model geometry of the bucket.

#200 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:56 AM

Sûl, what are your comments? ;)
I'll ask Robnkarla for some input as well, and maybe Lauri and TDP could give some useful feedback... =)

I'd go for rebuildable ones though, but make them take a while, or make them stronger than "battle field" ones. Other than that, I think we should make use of the two models according to your research on that render. Noone knows MT better than you now, and as far as the model geometries go I'm sure we can adjust them as needed :santa:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users