414 replies to this topic

#41 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:59 PM

Thank you for removing them from the fortress(The fire drakes)!Really Hate when they come all three in early game and destroy everything,that's why I hate meeting Moria :xcahik_:

#42 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, they're way OP. I'll remove them, or at least decrase into 1. I could also move it into the Fissure and have it be late game. Regardless, the darn Inferno goes away as it destroys the look of the battle field. The Drakes are also very unpractical for Moria as they set their own units on fire too. I think the best way would be this:

Make 1 single Drake a slave of the Treasure Trove, and have it be a lvl 3 upgrade where it guards the Trove, only. Like Warg Sentries... That would look rather fitting too, as the Trove uses a Dragon Head of the same design as the Drakes :xcahik_:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

Uhm, no really as I hate coding FX (and anims, lol)... but it sounds logical. Where do I start? :xcahik_:

In its ini file you should find this:

AnimationState						= SPECIAL_WEAPON_ONE
			Animation						= ATKA
				AnimationName				= WUFireDrk_ATKA
				AnimationMode				= ONCE
		;UseWeaponTiming				= Yes
			End
			ParticleSysBone = B_HEAD DrakeBreathProxy FOLLOWBONE:YES
			ParticleSysBone = B_HEAD DrakeBreathSlave FOLLOWBONE:YES
			ParticleSysBone = B_HEAD DrakeFireBreathSmoke FOLLOWBONE:YES
			ParticleSysBone = B_HEAD DrakeBreathWarmup FOLLOWBONE:YES
			ParticleSysBone = B_HEAD FireTest
		End
I believe the particle DrakeFireBreathSmoke causes the scroch mark but I'm not sure. It could also be FireTest. I would test those particles out by taking one out and seeing what happens.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#44 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

I beleive those are the regular burn marks, which do look good. It is the burn marks for the Inferno power that I hate. I'm not sure if that is from the vanilla game though. Might be a left over from Marks Mod... I'll fiddle a bit though. Got a tip from Robnkarla too... But if I can't remove the scorched ground square, I'll just remove the power =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#45 Guest_Arthadan_*

Guest_Arthadan_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:09 AM

I think it might be the angle of the shot... ;) (That makes the weapons look too large). He's rather buff, so they should fit nicely...

We have a Warg for the Great Goblin (Goblin King model). One solution to this could be to swap models? Make Bolg into Great Goblin, and the other one into Bolg? :facepalm: That way, Great Goblin would indeed LOOK great (big) and the Bolg model would have a Warg mount? What say you?

On second thought, as they will appear both in the upcoming Hobbit movie, maybe it would be better to give them another names for these ones and leave room in Moria for more Heroes (so you can give them the movie look). From the old ICE/MERP role play I proppose Zalg (goblin King of Gundabad). An idea for a new Hero would be a tracker (long arms, big nose) with the passive ability of discovering stealthed units.

By the way, since you have wargs and more, I think the name is not exact. I believe you mean Orcs from Moria, Mount Gram, Mount Gundabab and all the Misty Mountains in general. I'd rather would call them Gundabad (a real goblin settlemnt, ruled by goblins alone and with wargs and all the like), as the king of Moria was the balrog and there were (according to Tolkien) uruks from Mordor there and no wargs.

#46 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

I beleive those are the regular burn marks, which do look good. It is the burn marks for the Inferno power that I hate. I'm not sure if that is from the vanilla game though. Might be a left over from Marks Mod... I'll fiddle a bit though. Got a tip from Robnkarla too... But if I can't remove the scorched ground square, I'll just remove the power =)

Yeah pls remove the power and 2 dragons...

I just hate having a great army killed by these 3 dragons in few seconds :facepalm:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

Make 1 single Drake a slave of the Treasure Trove, and have it be a lvl 3 upgrade where it guards the Trove, only. Like Warg Sentries... That would look rather fitting too, as the Trove uses a Dragon Head of the same design as the Drakes ;)

:facepalm:

Anyway, let's not make this a suggestion thread for Moria. This thread is for short comments on the screens really ;)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#48 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:59 PM

Wow absolutely amazing screenshots. You guys here at S.E.E. really amaze me sometimes! :facepalm:
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#49 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:25 AM

I've reworked the Moria setup a bit... To talk about it, vist Moria Topic ;)

1) "Goblin King" is now named Azog (he's still king though, of Moria), and he has gotten a new skin with armor...

Posted Image

2) A new (unused EA model) has been given a new skin based on CaH, and TDP's orc helmets, all mixed together - giving us the hero Bolg...

Posted Image

3) Finally for this update, the second new model, that was first introduced as Bolg the other day, is now reskinned massivly into the Great Goblin - Leader of the Misty Mountains ;)

Posted Image

PS - no Lore lectures about Azog and Bolg being dead plz. I'm not THAT faithful to the lore, and I prefer known heroes instead of "made up" ones ;)

Anyway, with two new heroes for Moria, we can remove the Fire Drakes and make use of my plan to move them/it into Treasure Trove and make it/them a guard/slave of that structure only, instead of causing havoc amongst your goblins in the battle field =p Do visit the faction thread for disussions though. This is for display only and comments on the screens =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#50 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

now those are awsome reskins! Great work Naz! ;)

#51 av8r

av8r

SEE Support Mgr

• Project Team
  • 489 posts
  • Projects:SEE

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

Nice work Naz, those look good. I like this version of Bolg better than the previous.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

There's nothing wrong with his old ways. He looked demented. :p
I see you liked his eyes alot though Naz. :p
Hopefully his lvl 6 power is still up and running.
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

Ah yeah, I wouldn't dream of removing that cool power :p

The eyes? You mean those on "Great Goblin"? Hehe yeah they're pretty similar to the ones you made indeed. But the entire face is from Howe's painting :p I used the rest of "Grat's" skin for the new Bolg model though. Everything except the face, which was really cool. So maybe I'll use that for some other unit =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#54 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:53 AM

Wow Naz, that's impressive!! Nice to see that Goblins getting some new heroes. Excellent work.

Posted Image

#55 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

Very nice Naz.
Out of all the things that I created, I'd have to say that's the only thing I marvel at everytime I see put to use in game when I play. Oddly enough, I think that Grat is my favorite hero I ever made. He makes want to go and play the Goblins everytime.

And your Great Goblin skin is nicely done. :p
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:56 AM

Yeah, that Poison Mist is kick ass! :thumbsupsmiley:

I wish I was better at Hero Power "cooking"...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#57 Guest_Arthadan_*

Guest_Arthadan_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:04 AM

Amazing work! :thumbsupsmiley:

#58 Srg Insane

Srg Insane
  • Project Team
  • 138 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK Beta Tester

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

Awsome work!!!

#59 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

Nice work, I always pictured the Great Goblin looking kinda like that. Was Azog only in RotWK? Just shows how much I don't play plain BFME2.

Yeah, Azog looks way better than Gorkil.

Hmmm... I'm trying to remember if it said The Great Goblin had a specific weapon in the hobbit...

//Gfire

Greetings, community.

#60 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

Yeah that's def something that Goblins needed was more heroes.( well besides the fact that Fire drakes were uber killer against units.) But reguardless it looks very promising! Great Work S.E.E. team.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users